The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by The Limit Does Not Exist »

In post 149, nomnomnom wrote:Yeah this is pretty much the biggest redflag imo, this is like trying to defend yourself in the worst way possible? I don't know.
Exactly. Why would you try to defend yourself in the worst way possible? :P

-Smart
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yah I just saw it as a deflection, possibly rooted in awareness that the original questions felt forced. "hey you can't push me for that, I'm just asking
friendly questions
". I guess in writing this out though it might comes down to differing interpretations of tone.

p-edit: oh you're going the 'too scummy to be scum' route I guess
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:18 pm

Okay but in all seriousness I'm not assuming scum are hypercalculating. I'm just assuming they think before they speak.

-Smart
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:18 pm

In post 151, GuiltyLion wrote:p-edit: oh you're going the 'too scummy to be scum' route I guess
I guess that's the type of argument that you could say I'm making. But really it's just that it's superficially scummy-looking.

-Smart
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I just wished he were more indignant. I accused him! Why would he be so willing to acknowledge that they were weak questions but then also suggest that I'm a good vote because I pushed him on it, it also feels like there's dissonance there.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:19 pm

I haven't hydra'd in a while. Having to sign each post when they're all one-liners is annoying :lol:

-Smart
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:20 pm

In post 154, GuiltyLion wrote:I just wished he were more indignant. I accused him! Why would he be so willing to acknowledge that they were weak questions but then also suggest that I'm a good vote because I pushed him on it, it also feels like there's dissonance there.
So it sounds like you don't like his response because it was unexpected?

-Smart
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 142, GuiltyLion wrote:ehhh you know it's not a huge difference I guess, and I wasn't saying that because I'm scared of scum!you in particular, it's more just I felt I had town!pings from those slots bc they were doing things that I didn't find natural to fake as scum, whereas with your posts I was finding myself more agreeing with them than thinking "oh yeah scum isn't likely to post this".

It's not a major thing and if you pushed me further on it I dunno if I'd be able to convincingly show exactly why the read felt different, was mostly operating off of my first gut impression reading through.
Yes, it's not not a huge difference functionally - that's why I found that interesting. :P Even after your explanation that you're not really scared of scum!me I find the usage of the word "paranoia" a little weird coming from town, to be honest.

Can you point to anything Skitter did that you find unnatural to fake as scum?

I'll let the acryon thing play out a little more. I find the name slightly disturbing as a misspelling of crayon.

{Nom, Smart and Smarter, Karnage} --> I think all three of these should be on the wagon right now.
{Skitter, GuiltyLion} --> Should not participate in the final lynch.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

@Smart - it doesn't fit a range of responses that I would expect from town, no
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 107, acryon wrote:I think calling what I'm doing "scumhunting" at all would be an overstatement. I'm just asking some friendly questions. My scumhunting is a bit rusty, but we'll get there.

I like keeping my vote on you though frankly.
@GuiltyLion: Is it implied anywhere in his posts that he found you a good vote because you pushed him on it? The quoted part does not imply that, for me. Perhaps I missed it.
Do you think he should have unvoted you because he acknowledged your attack had some merit to it?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 157, Auro wrote:Can you point to anything Skitter did that you find unnatural to fake as scum?
she opened by giving townreads on you and Karnage based off of your opening posts, then further also gave reason to townread Eve in , that's narrowing her lynchpool very quickly and generally I think a decent indicator of town when done in the way she did, bringing novel townreads ASAP (as opposed to agreeing with consensus townreads). I also liked her acryon vote/timing, it was the right diagnosis of which slot needed pressure the most IMO.

I guess "unnatural" was a strong way to phrase that but in general she strikes me as building a town bloc and focusing on areas that are likely to draw out AI info.

why shouldn't skitter get to be on a lynch? you said you were townreading her?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by Auro »

I was weakly townreading her for similar reasons - but it's because Nomnomnom scumreads her, and Skitter has a reputation for being hard to read.
If Nom townreads Skitter / wants Skitter to be on the wagon, I would be fine with it too.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by Auro »

Off-topic: GuiltyLion, may I clean up the white space in your avatar and make it transparent, and post a link here? :P
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 159, Auro wrote:@GuiltyLion: Is it implied anywhere in his posts that he found you a good vote because you pushed him on it? The quoted part does not imply that, for me. Perhaps I missed it.
Do you think he should have unvoted you because he acknowledged your attack had some merit to it?
he directly responded to me pushing him and then said he liked keeping his vote there, I didn't think it's a stretch to assume those things are related. If he has other reasons for voting me then those are absent from his post.

Your other question feels a bit leading - generally I don't like it when anybody is voting me, as a rule. If he himself can see that his post didn't look like scumhunting then he needs to give more explanation as to whether and/or why he finds me suspicious for calling that out.

p-edit - yes actually I'd love that lol
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.2

TargetWagon
acryon
(3)
skitter30 (), GuiltyLion (), nomnomnom ()
GuiltyLion
(2)
The Limit Does Not Exist (), acryon ()
The Limit Does Not Exist
(2)
SausasaurusRex (), Auro ()
nomnomnom
(2)
Karnage (), Eve ()
Eve
(1)
Allomancer ()
Karnage
(1)
BBmolla ()
Not Voting
(0)

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-03 00:18:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by Auro »

https://imgur.com/Mk18GSE
Pretty hard around the borders haha

I'll respond to the actual stuff in a bit.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:23 pm

Post by Auro »

I don't think that'll look good because of the borders being icky
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Sorry I’ve been inactive. I’m having an off day. I’ll be back tomorrow.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:23 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 75, Auro wrote:Something_Smart, have you not considered that there is a mechanical reason to want to be on the wagon as town?
To take up a slot that scum could have taken; thus forcing them to stay off of it?
Not gonna lie this is something I hadn't thought of until this post but it makes a ton of sense
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:40 am

Post by Karnage »

I don't see scum!acryon. I looked through his ISO and it looks fine to me.
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:50 am

Post by acryon »

Responding to some things overnight first and then I'll have some other thoughts.
In post 123, skitter30 wrote:
In post 107, acryon wrote:I like keeping my vote on you though frankly.
what don't you like about gl here?
I think trying to call someone out for "fake scumhunting" with my extremely minimal body of work seemed disingenuous.
In post 123, skitter30 wrote:
In post 111, acryon wrote: Just wanted to make sure that was the case. And when he shot back, you kind of fluffed in response.
if it wasn't the case wouldn't i have called her out on that claim?
not sure where you're seeing fluffing ?
Maybe, maybe you wouldn't want to get into it. I was more interested in seeing her backup that claim. Admittedly I wanted to ask that question a bit earlier but got tied up and came back later to ask it (where it was maybe less releveant).

Re: Fluffing -- She went from questioning you to fluffing you (ironically while talking about fluffing).
In post 123, skitter30 wrote:(also i'm a she btw)
Sorry about that. Won't make the mistake again!
In post 131, skitter30 wrote:so like i have no idea why you'd want to be doing that as town
but like i can see some benefits to doing that as scum

pedit that's the flippant part
This and the few posts before it feel a bit like playing dumb for someone with so much experience.
In post 150, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
In post 149, nomnomnom wrote:Yeah this is pretty much the biggest redflag imo, this is like trying to defend yourself in the worst way possible? I don't know.
Exactly. Why would you try to defend yourself in the worst way possible? :P

-Smart
Now my intelligence is going to be insulted if nomnom keeps her vote on me.
In post 154, GuiltyLion wrote:I just wished he were more indignant. I accused him! Why would he be so willing to acknowledge that they were weak questions but then also suggest that I'm a good vote because I pushed him on it, it also feels like there's dissonance there.
Nothing to be indignant about. I think you're wrong and could possibly have bad intentions, but most people are wrong right now (including me).
In post 157, Auro wrote:I'll let the acryon thing play out a little more. I find the name slightly disturbing as a misspelling of crayon.
This was my first WoW name. I thought it sounded like a cool fantasy name, but quickly realized I should've spelled it differently when everyone in my guild called me crayon...
In post 159, Auro wrote:
In post 107, acryon wrote:I think calling what I'm doing "scumhunting" at all would be an overstatement. I'm just asking some friendly questions. My scumhunting is a bit rusty, but we'll get there.

I like keeping my vote on you though frankly.
@GuiltyLion: Is it implied anywhere in his posts that he found you a good vote because you pushed him on it? The quoted part does not imply that, for me. Perhaps I missed it.
No--see answer to Skitter up top.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:58 am

I would like to see more from the acryon slot, I don’t think there’s enough to really make a read yet.

Please correct me if I’m wrong here since my theory skills leave something to be desired - in terms of theory, I think we can’t leave Eve alive when (if) we get to LYLO. I can’t imagine she’ll be the NK unless scum believes her claim, as there’s just enough WIFOM there to produce confusion for us. Not saying she needs to be the lynch today (although I’d be okay with it if we can’t compromise anywhere else), but I do think she needs to be lynched before LYLO. Thoughts?

I’m actually pretty interested in Allomancer as well. He’s only been in thread 3 times and all of those times it was to talk about an “RVS” vote

- Smarter

Pedit: acryon has posted more! I’ll read and post my thoughts on that
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:01 am

In post 170, acryon wrote:Re: Fluffing -- She went from questioning you to fluffing you here (ironically while talking about fluffing).
It doesn’t seem like the link is going to a post, what’s the post # for this

- Smarter
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:12 am

Post by acryon »

A few thoughts.

I like Eve.

I mostly liked skitter until that back and forth with Eve. Just feels really odd.

Auro’s thought process feels town.

from GuiltyLion doesn’t feel great. I’m always wary of people trying to paint a big picture based on a post or two early on. RVS stage is far from useless, but it typically doesn’t lead to these kinds of revelations. I don’t love voting someone whose voting me because of the drama, but I’m keeping my vote here.

Agree with nomnom on second part of .

p.edit:
In post 172, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
In post 170, acryon wrote:Re: Fluffing -- She went from questioning you to fluffing you here (ironically while talking about fluffing).
It doesn’t seem like the link is going to a post, what’s the post # for this

- Smarter
Dang. Apparently forgot how to do that right.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:13 am

Post by acryon »

Also I'm basically only available to play during the day on weekdays, so you'll likely see some stretches of silence from me, but I'll always try to make sure I cover what I missed when I am back.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”