The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:04 am

Post by The Limit Does Not Exist »

So it’s a lot harder than I thought it would be to write up posts for this game while on work calls... :lol:

@acryon, 170 feels like attempting to show that you’re giving content and then filling in the spaces with insubstantial.... stuff. Even the content parts are insubstantial, like there’s no attempt to gather more info for reads. Re: The part with GL you don’t even seem to be pushing GL more, which I would expect if you were town. The rest of it seems like posting just to look like you’re doing stuff.

Like here’s your post:
- you don’t like GL but don’t actually try to push him or ask questions to try to understand GL’s thoughts
- still on an argument about meta from several pages ago. As GL said, it’s as if you were trying to create a “gotcha!” moment and failed and now feel like you have to defend yourself because someone questioned you on why you did that in the first place
- response to gender mistake
- skitter too dumb? But again, no push resulting from it, like you’re hoping someone else will jump on it instead
- joke about nom voting you but you haven’t questioned or pushed nom, even though nom is voting you based on the same post as GL. Why call out GL but not nom?
- once again, you say GL is wrong but don’t make an attempt to push or understand GL’s motives
- explaining your username

My main question is:
how do you feel about nom? She seems to be scumreading you for similar reasons to GL, but why haven’t you addressed that and are focusing on GL’s vote? What is your nom read? Secondarily, why have you not pushed GL further? Or for that matter, skitter?

Overall I feel like you are not attempting to engage others but more waiting for them to engage you. If you’re town, I would expect/like to see more pushing and questioning.

———

I‘m leaning towards town!GL. GL seems to be transparent in his thought process and reasoning, and his thoughts about acryon and skitter mirrored what I was thinking as I read through.

What are people’s thoughts on Auro? I just reread his ISO and there’s less content there than I remember. I like his most recent content a bit more as it seems he’s developing a line of questioning towards GL that (I think?) is trying to understand GL’s thought process, but a lot of his ISO consists of fixating on GL’s usage of the word “paranoid” and questioning us on mechanics. I’d like to hear what other people are thinking here.

I have to confer with my other head but I’d be on board with an acryon lynch today. Like I said, it feels like he’s deliberately keeping his pushes at arm’s length and not engaging with them. Also in terms of the skitter and GL comments he’s been making, I have yet to see a post about either of those slots that is actually directed towards the person he is pushing.

Pedit: alright another post to respond to.

Why do you like Eve? She’s had about 0 actual content this game

What about skitter did you not like? Does this go back to the “too dumb” thing you said in 170? Why do you think what she said is “too dumb”?

Once again, feels like you are trying to have others push GL for you, I don’t see any attempts from you to engage with that slot beyond surface level. Same goes for skitter.

Of course you agree with nom’s 149, she’s defending you!! my questions to you above still stand.

- Smarter
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:05 am

Oooh got the pagetop!!
In post 73, Auro wrote:
In post 71, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 62, skitter30 wrote:@ nom why'd you change your vote from bbmolla to me at that juncture?
scummy opening from what I know about your meta
my vote would be somewhere else right now but seriously if you're town with me this game should honestly go pretty fast, you're high sort priority
This reverses my previous stance on Nom.
Auro, can you explain what about this made you reverse your previous stance and townread nom?
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:13 am

I’m not really seeing the reasoning for town!nom.

I think a big cause of my uncertainty is the lack of push from acryon, who’s defending himself from GL and voting GL for it but didn’t even react/respond to nom’s comments on acryon’s post (which were in line with GL’s comments). The more I think about it, the weirder it seems.

- Smarter
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:20 am

In post 93, nomnomnom wrote:That awkward moment when to want to vote and unvote someone at the same time.
Blergh
VOTE: Eve let's see what happens here
In post 103, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 96, skitter30 wrote:
In post 93, nomnomnom wrote:That awkward moment when to want to vote and unvote someone at the same time.
Blergh
VOTE: Eve let's see what happens here
what are you thinking about their entrance?
Moreso than what they posted the bbmolla vote makes no sense and I lowkey think they just sheeped my vote considering mine was just before
In post 119, nomnomnom wrote:Well why did you vote BBMolla if it wasn't sheeping or for building a wagon
In post 120, Eve wrote:
In post 7, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Karnage

he told me he was scum in our pT
i voted him because this felt like a overdone i'm scum joke
In post 121, Eve wrote:there's more creative ways to call yourself scum surely

like i only vote my townreads because i'm usually wrong and it's the best way for me to flip scum
In post 122, Eve wrote:also as the traffic analyst i should be the hammer of any and all wagons

if something hits L-1 i am swinging in
Hey nom, what did you get out of this vote/push? Are you satisfied with the Eve slot/do you have a read here? You dropped the questioning on Eve after she responded but never said anything about what came of it.

- Smarter
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:25 am

Post by nomnomnom »

UNVOTE: Need to think about a few posts, wiser to unvote in this setup we never know
In post 178, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Hey nom, what did you get out of this vote/push? Are you satisfied with the Eve slot/do you have a read here? You dropped the questioning on Eve after she responded but never said anything about what came of it.
more or less voted bbmolla for the same reason I initially did so yeah I'm satisfied with it
eve is clearly a amiquirkyyet player so the rest might as well be fluff, but I was satisfied with this answer and the answer struck me as +++townie
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:27 am

Post by nomnomnom »

My main internal question right now is if it's town or scum from Skitter to be confused by eve's personality and press on it, intuition says it's townie because I know skitter... she'd probably drop this instantly and let eve scum it up then join the wagon later.
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:28 am

Post by nomnomnom »

if she was scum*
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:30 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I think Karnage also screams town so far. Fairly straightforward posting.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Auro »

In post 175, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:I‘m leaning towards town!GL. GL seems to be transparent in his thought process and reasoning
Subject: Newbie 1995 Mafia PT
GuiltyLion wrote:okay so I've played with Karnage / George before. George is somewhat mislynchable IIRC, Karnage I think I've only seen his scumgame but he seems competent, we might have to plan on NKing him

generally I don't like to bus - people will WIFOM their way out of a lot of associatives as long as you are actually engaging with your partner to some degree - and my goal is to make sure all my pushes sound reasonable/genuine. It works pretty well in newbie games cause newbies often fall for the logical = townie fallacy and there are usually enough lurksacks / people-playing-weird to burn through the first couple mislynches. but lemme know what your experience is, what you feel comfortable with, etc
I just wanted to add this here, sorry for the shade, GuiltyLion :P
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Auro »

In post 176, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote: Auro, can you explain what about this made you reverse your previous stance and townread nom?
Sure. My original read was predicated on that Nom didn't want to get into a 1v1 with me. (I use this in a loose sense, not a tunnel, but simply avoiding my push)
But in that post she comes off as totally unafraid of Skitter and saying "game should honestly go pretty fast" is something I definitely cannot imagine scum!Nom saying to Skitter.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:43 am

Post by acryon »

In post 175, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:So it’s a lot harder than I thought it would be to write up posts for this game while on work calls... :lol:

@acryon, 170 feels like attempting to show that you’re giving content and then filling in the spaces with insubstantial.... stuff. Even the content parts are insubstantial, like there’s no attempt to gather more info for reads. Re: The part with GL you don’t even seem to be pushing GL more, which I would expect if you were town. The rest of it seems like posting just to look like you’re doing stuff.
I'm not one to rush a game. One because I think you make more mistakes, and two because my time is limited so I prefer to build a case over time than try to go full-bore early Day 1.
In post 175, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
My main question is:
how do you feel about nom? She seems to be scumreading you for similar reasons to GL, but why haven’t you addressed that and are focusing on GL’s vote? What is your nom read? Secondarily, why have you not pushed GL further? Or for that matter, skitter?
Nom is likely town. She was pinged by that one post from me, which I can completely see coming from town. As I mentioned before, being wrong doesn't make someone scum. There's little need for me to address it because it feels like a (wrong) gutread. See my point on GL and skitter above. I'm not the type to tunnel on people, especially early on. In my experience, that tends to lead to mistakes.

Skitter I did make comments on twice now, but ultimately my feelings are a gutread on their posts being disingenuous--not much to push on there since my feeling =/= an argument.
In post 175, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
Overall I feel like you are not attempting to engage others but more waiting for them to engage you. If you’re town, I would expect/like to see more pushing and questioning.
This isn't far off because of what I said before. The amount of time I can dedicate to the game dictates the way I play. I'm going to be much more of an observer at this stage than the one putting together a big case (that's probably super misguided) based on limited interaction. You'll likely see more of that from me later on, but I don't think it's helpful for me to conjure up a case from thin air.
In post 175, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote: Why do you like Eve? She’s had about 0 actual content this game
Mostly tone, especially in the back and forth with skitter where I felt skitter appeared inauthentic--Eve appeared the opposite.
In post 175, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:What about skitter did you not like? Does this go back to the “too dumb” thing you said in 170? Why do you think what she said is “too dumb”?
Yes. The whole tone of that back and forth felt manufactured. Skitter is almost acting as if she has never played with someone like how Eve is playing. In my experience, there is someone with Eve's style in nearly every game. Like I would expect from someone who had never played before or never seen an RVS jokeclaim, but clearly that doesn't match her experience level.
In post 175, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Once again, feels like you are trying to have others push GL for you, I don’t see any attempts from you to engage with that slot beyond surface level. Same goes for skitter.
See some of my other comments, but the summary is some combination of "I don't exactly agree with that characterization" and "I'm not one to push that hard this early."
In post 175, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Of course you agree with nom’s 149, she’s defending you!! my questions to you above still stand.
- Smarter
Maybe you read it wrong, but nom's 149 is absolutely
not
defending me. It's rejecting the idea that my response couldn't come from badscum because scum aren't perfect.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:45 am

Post by Auro »

In post 175, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:What are people’s thoughts on Auro? I just reread his ISO and there’s less content there than I remember. I like his most recent content a bit more as it seems he’s developing a line of questioning towards GL that (I think?) is trying to understand GL’s thought process, but a lot of his ISO consists of fixating on GL’s usage of the word “paranoid” and questioning us on mechanics.
Have you not noticed me forming a townbloc already, consisting of you, Karnage and Nomnomnom?
I believe I've also listed reasons for townreading them - if you disagree on any at any point of time, let me know.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:47 am

Post by acryon »

In post 182, nomnomnom wrote:I think Karnage also screams town so far. Fairly straightforward posting.
Agreed.
In post 177, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:I’m not really seeing the reasoning for town!nom.

I think a big cause of my uncertainty is the lack of push from acryon, who’s defending himself from GL and voting GL for it but didn’t even react/respond to nom’s comments on acryon’s post (which were in line with GL’s comments). The more I think about it, the weirder it seems.

- Smarter
Nom voted for me because of , which I could see someone having a hard time with, especially not knowing me. GL voted me for content before that. Different people, different reasons.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:52 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 187, acryon wrote:Nom voted for me because of 107, which I could see someone having a hard time with, especially not knowing me
Please detail on the "especially not knowing me" part.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:53 am

Alright, I think I'm satisfied with nom and Auro's responses to my questions atm.
In post 183, Auro wrote:
In post 175, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:I‘m leaning towards town!GL. GL seems to be transparent in his thought process and reasoning
Subject: Newbie 1995 Mafia PT
GuiltyLion wrote:okay so I've played with Karnage / George before. George is somewhat mislynchable IIRC, Karnage I think I've only seen his scumgame but he seems competent, we might have to plan on NKing him

generally I don't like to bus - people will WIFOM their way out of a lot of associatives as long as you are actually engaging with your partner to some degree - and my goal is to make sure all my pushes sound reasonable/genuine. It works pretty well in newbie games cause newbies often fall for the logical = townie fallacy and there are usually enough lurksacks / people-playing-weird to burn through the first couple mislynches. but lemme know what your experience is, what you feel comfortable with, etc
I just wanted to add this here, sorry for the shade, GuiltyLion :P
I'm not gonna say I'm incredible at reading GL because 1) I've failed several times; and 2) it's been a few years now since I played with him, but I do also
feel
like this is town!GL. I know that's not really a good explanation but tbh my best reads usually can't be explained so... /shrug
In post 186, Auro wrote:
In post 175, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:What are people’s thoughts on Auro? I just reread his ISO and there’s less content there than I remember. I like his most recent content a bit more as it seems he’s developing a line of questioning towards GL that (I think?) is trying to understand GL’s thought process, but a lot of his ISO consists of fixating on GL’s usage of the word “paranoid” and questioning us on mechanics.
Have you not noticed me forming a townbloc already, consisting of you, Karnage and Nomnomnom?
I believe I've also listed reasons for townreading them - if you disagree on any at any point of time, let me know.
Yeah, I originally had good feelings about the townbloc, but then I reread your ISO this morning and I'm not as solid in my read on you as I was when you initially townblocced (sp?). So I'm just trying to get a feel for everyone's reads and see where they're at. In particular I think I'd like to hear from GL since he had some misgivings on you in the beginning.

I have to go back to working but will respond to acryon's posts as soon as I can.

- Smarter
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:58 am

Post by acryon »

In post 188, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 187, acryon wrote:Nom voted for me because of 107, which I could see someone having a hard time with, especially not knowing me
Please detail on the "especially not knowing me" part.
This line especially I think is my personality showing: I'm maybe honest to a fault in mafia. I try to play the same as town or scum so I don't think it says much there, but if you were familiar with me, that post likely wouldn't ping you as much.
In post 107, acryon wrote: I think calling what I'm doing "scumhunting" at all would be an overstatement.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:59 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Well, if the questions you are asking is not for trying to sort people, what purpose do they serve?
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:02 am

Post by acryon »

In post 191, nomnomnom wrote:Well, if the questions you are asking is not for trying to sort people, what purpose do they serve?
Of course they are trying to sort people--what makes you think they're not? RVS/early game is far from useless, as I said. There is plenty of information to be gained which is why I've asked questions and made comments where I have. I'm just not likely to lead a push day 1, since I'm likely wrong.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:03 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Are you scared of being wrong?
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:03 am

Post by Auro »

In post 189, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Yeah, I originally had good feelings about the townbloc, but then I reread your ISO this morning and I'm not as solid in my read on you as I was when you initially townblocced (sp?). So I'm just trying to get a feel for everyone's reads and see where they're at.
Sure, that's fair. But you do agree on my current proposed townbloc, right?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:06 am

Post by acryon »

In post 193, nomnomnom wrote:Are you scared of being wrong?
I wouldn't say scared. But I think it would be foolish of me to lead a charge against someone I have such a weak read on at this stage. I'm only scared of being wrong inasmuch as that wrongness leads to town losing the game. So I try to mitigate that however I can; one way is by not pushing so hard on mild reads.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:09 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Hm.
Yeah, alright.
If you had to vig someone out of this game right now who would it be?
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:10 am

Post by acryon »

In post 196, nomnomnom wrote:Hm.
Yeah, alright.
If you had to vig someone out of this game right now who would it be?
GuiltyLion
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:11 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Thanks.
I feel like this is much more to work with.
Back to pondering.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:37 am