farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Spoiler:
In post 309, GuiltyLion wrote:I am feeling Battle Mage, GeorgeBailey, pisskop, momo, BBMolla as some solid D1 townreads.

I especially like BM's vote on DanyBoy and I want to add another

VOTE: iDanyBoy

very little engagement from him and I agree is a bizarre post, the assumption that scum fake claims are flavor linked to the PTs feels angle-shooty in a way that I don't think is likely to come from town. It feels more likely to be an excuse to push a mislynch later - 'they claimed [x] role and they're not in [y] hood' - and less like something DanyBoy genuinely believes is useful in finding scum.

I'm also not in any hoods so if any of you all have a recruit or something get me in on some neighborhood action cause I wanna be in there
In post 338, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 337, Drixx wrote:I'm like 99.9% of the way to swapping my vote to Vecna at this point.
You should. BM is town.
In post 360, davesaz wrote:
In post 357, farside wrote:
In post 355, davesaz wrote:
In post 351, farside wrote:Bettlejuice!
BettleJuice!

This is the second time you responded to a post that clearly tells me you are not reading the thread and you seem to respond only to your name.
Reminding myself to ask about this, but wait until Vecna has had a chance to respond.
I know you are not a chatty player in general but you have any insights thus far?
Voting me for being "unusual" is vaguely scummy, since it should be very well known that me being unusual is actually normal.
Asking about it makes you townier.
I have several gut townreads, for example ABR and Drixx. Momo is much improved over what I remember, though I'd have to check my past topics to find out how long it has been.
Battle Mage seems mostly town.
Hectic is Hectic. Pretty obviously town unless it's a huge deepwolf thing. I have more thoughts about him but it's bad for town to talk about those thoughts.
A50 is a little suspicious, mostly for a lack of playfulness that was also lacking in a game we were scum together. But he was also missing it in a game where he was town, so I don't know if it's maybe ups and downs in RL.
Elsa Jay making a comment about me overestimating his ability as scum is a little suspicious. Maybe I'm actually on track with that.
Pine implied he was posting somewhere else but not in the main thread. I want to hear why.
Guilty Lion and George seem a little empty. I've seen the same thing in their town game so it's not enough to go on for a read.
In post 721, Drixx wrote:Context counts. Literally everyone who bothered to respond about BM was throwing a town read on him. Not really feeling trying to push someone through a wall of town reads. Not sure what he's done that warrants ANY read, but that's something to look at as the game progresses a bit further.

I found 3 players that town read him. And the argument between you and Venca ended taking center stage over the game when you basically called him scum for depending BM on something that was not a defense.

Just saying.

Spoilered quotes on request.
Last edited by SirCakez on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:34 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry the above was to Drixx, the rest where the quotes I found where people said they town read BM.
mod: please spoil the first 3 quotes. Thanks
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Technically, you have to count my reads with a 5x multiplier because I'm a town leader. The longer Pine dodges this game while posting anywhere but here the more sure I am he's scum.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

@dave: Read the spoiler. First quote is from this game. Second is from TBONTB (I think you were in it too?). Same response to me pushing him as scum. Let me know what you think.

Spoiler:
In post 616, Almost50 wrote:
In post 520, Elsa Jay wrote:Why so many votes for me? I'm literally going out of my way to try and not be suspicious this time.
Are you related to Bambi? :P
In post 130, Bambi Jay wrote:The one time I challenged Almost by being townie, and I triggered him from my form of townieness. More anti-town then my fake claims? Jeez.
In post 9044, Boonskiies wrote:Bambi Jay has been killed! They were a...

Evil Magical Disguise Lords of the Boonski’iWelcome,
Bambi Jay
, you are
Viola
Odd-Night Follower Even-Night Voyeur

Disguise, I see thou art a wickedness

ii;ii Twelfth Night

Your group private thread is here.
Abilities:

• You are an
Odd-Night Follower
. On any Odd-night, you may target someone to learn what type of actions a player performed, but not who that player targeted.
• You are an
Even-Night Voyeur
. On any Even-night, you may target someone to learn what type of actions were performed on a player, but not who targeted them.

Win condition:

You win when all of the Bard’s Battalion have died, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Game thread is here. Confirm by replying to this PM with your role name.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 691, Drixx wrote:Also my hood has died basically. Nobody in there seems motivated to talk at all.

When someone questioned the die off, another someone told them to scum hunt in the main thread.

Of those two responses to the hood going dry ... I feel like the "don't use it, just scum hunt in the main thread" response is maybe questionable. Thoughts?
Generally speaking I think neighborhoods are more beneficial for scum. Unless you know who scum is in your hood, or -even better- deduce that there are none; then anything said in secrecy jeopardized and is likely to be shared with the scum team while keeping the town out of it. The only exception I can think of is someone slipping, Like I say something in a hood and someone who is not in it showing signs of knowing about it, or maybe FL posting in the wrong thread :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 693, Elsa Jay wrote:That's how people were in the 50p game that got cancelled too. The bigger the hood the less people wanna use it instead of the main thread.
That's because the bigger it is the more likely scum are in it. You don't see one third of the game in one hood and think "This is likely a masonry" now do you?

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:07 am

Post by davesaz »

@A50, yes I saw that. Also note these:
In post 269, Elsa Jay wrote:Still find it weird someone like Dave can overestimate my abilities, but yeah.
In post 641, davesaz wrote: How about Elsa Jay? Thoughts on whether the "not trying so what" attitude might be an attempt to be too scummy to be scum?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:27 am

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 662, farside22 wrote:@Danny: Do you think a response from Elsa about her life and roll is really alignment indicative, if so why? Or tell me exactly why her response came off town.
I do think it leans her to town and someone has posted that she prefers scum so just a small town read.
In post 727, Albert B. Rampage wrote:The longer Pine dodges this game while posting anywhere but here the more sure I am he's scum.
I played a game with him recently where he did just that, he was lynched and turned out to be town.

I think ABR pushing Vecna but never voting him is scummy and would like to know if anyone agrees or disagrees. Its the strongest read I have so would like to get some discussion on it.

This is my first game out of New York and I'm not used to playing with so many people so I'm finding it more difficult to get reads.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:29 am

In post 732, iDanyboy wrote:I played a game with him recently where he did just that, he was lynched and turned out to be town.
Link?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:33 am

Post by iDanyboy »

Removed ongoing game reference.
Last edited by SirCakez on Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:37 am

Post by davesaz »

That's ongoing, you shouldn't refer to it.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:41 am

Removed ongoing game reference.

You can't refer to ongoing games.
Last edited by SirCakez on Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:44 am

VOTE: GuiltyLion
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

I removed the link and reference. Don't talk about ongoing games people.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 733, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 732, iDanyboy wrote:I played a game with him recently where he did just that, he was lynched and turned out to be town.
Link?
Is this you really claiming you've never seen pine lurk as town?

how quaint
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:31 am

Besides GuiltyLion, I don't find anyone SUPER SCUMMY right now. I have some townreads...and that's it. If we have to compromise and lynch a player we all feel neutral towards, like Pine, it's better than no lynch or dragging a day to the point everyone is bored and annoyed and wants to quit. So I'm voting GuiltyLion, if that doesn't work, I'm OK to vote out Pine if he doesn't do anything, because I legit don't know who has a high possibility of flipping scum here. Maybe Vecna?

@Vecna

Keep in mind I haven't played in 3+ years. I don't remember much about previous games.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Pine »

Hey guys, fuck off of me. I don't really play D1, and it's a shitty reason to suspect them. This isn't 2012 where LAL is all the rage. I have a consistent track record of being godawful shit when I tryhard D1, and a much better track record when I skip it and wait for the initial dumbfuckery to die down. I can provide numerous examples of this meta if need be.

Because Cakez is insisting that I provide content instead of just proddodging through D1, I will skim the last 5-10 pages and find a decent vote to put down.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:40 am

In post 732, iDanyboy wrote:I think ABR pushing Vecna but never voting him is scummy and would like to know if anyone agrees or disagrees. Its the strongest read I have so would like to get some discussion on it.
You want to vote Vecna with me? Hmm?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:44 am

In post 741, Pine wrote:Hey guys, fuck off of me. I don't really play D1, and it's a shitty reason to suspect them. This isn't 2012 where LAL is all the rage. I have a consistent track record of being godawful shit when I tryhard D1, and a much better track record when I skip it and wait for the initial dumbfuckery to die down. I can provide numerous examples of this meta if need be.

Because Cakez is insisting that I provide content instead of just proddodging through D1, I will skim the last 5-10 pages and find a decent vote to put down.
This town has no idea what it's doing. We are basically going to be lynching at random today. You are as good a lynch as anyone else and there's no body of work to refer back to in future days, so two birds one stone if we lynch you.

Do you understand Pine? WE ARE IN BIG FUCKING TROUBLE. WE HAVE NO LEADS. NO CASES. NO BANDWAGONS.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:46 am

A50 and MT also posting elsewhere on site.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:21 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 740, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Besides GuiltyLion, I don't find anyone SUPER SCUMMY right now. I have some townreads...and that's it. If we have to compromise and lynch a player we all feel neutral towards, like Pine, it's better than no lynch or dragging a day to the point everyone is bored and annoyed and wants to quit. So I'm voting GuiltyLion, if that doesn't work, I'm OK to vote out Pine if he doesn't do anything, because I legit don't know who has a high possibility of flipping scum here. Maybe Vecna?

@Vecna

Keep in mind I haven't played in 3+ years. I don't remember much about previous games.
I don't agree with gl or venca reads. Id go danny, his response does not give me warm fuzzies, drixx, bm, george, davez or xtoxm.
I have a few null reads but its too early for this kind of attitude
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Pine »

In post 743, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 741, Pine wrote:Hey guys, fuck off of me. I don't really play D1, and it's a shitty reason to suspect them. This isn't 2012 where LAL is all the rage. I have a consistent track record of being godawful shit when I tryhard D1, and a much better track record when I skip it and wait for the initial dumbfuckery to die down. I can provide numerous examples of this meta if need be.

This town has no idea what it's doing. We are basically going to be lynching at random today. You are as good a lynch as anyone else and there's no body of work to refer back to in future days, so two birds one stone if we lynch you.

Do you understand Pine? WE ARE IN BIG FUCKING TROUBLE. WE HAVE NO LEADS. NO CASES. NO BANDWAGONS.
This is why I hate current MafiaScum meta. It's all shitposting, little real content. I tune out the early game nonsense, then come in as a midgame hero.

You seem to be online right now. I have nothing scheduled for an hour or two - let's chat

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Pine »

==Quick and crappy readslist==

davesaz - Gut feeling of Town, posts seem genuine and motivated by a desire to get down to work and solve
Vecna vs Drixx - I'm leaning toward this being Town vs Scum, respectively. in particular struck me as disingenuous
ABR - Seems genuine? He's probably rusty, but this isn't outside his scumrange, so kinda null. +EV Town, perhaps
pisskop - Seems to be just dicking around, but in a good, relaxed way +EV Town
Vault Dweller - Seems to be just dicking around, but in a feigned, anxious way +EV scum
GuiltyLion - I don't have a strong opinion, but I don't like his reads all that much.
farside - reads so far seem to broadly line up with mine, so gets a D1 pass

Nothing worth mentioning on anyone else

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:28 am

Post by Pine »

In post 744, Albert B. Rampage wrote:A50 and MT also posting elsewhere on site.
This doesn't mean anything. Not a goddamn thing.

A large theme is a significant investment. I don't even open the thread unless I have time to devote to it. In contrast, a smaller game (or one I'm invested in) I'll keep close track of. Similarly, discussion and Mish Mash are usually lower effort to keep track of.

"Posting elsewhere" doesn't mean
anything

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 744, Albert B. Rampage wrote:A50 and MT also posting elsewhere on site.
Good for you to notice. Did you also notice I posted in here less than two hours before your post??

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”