Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:43 am

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.4

TargetWagon
acryon
(3)
skitter30 (), GuiltyLion (), Allomancer ()
nomnomnom
(2)
Karnage (), Eve ()
Allomancer
(2)
nomnomnom (), The Limit Does Not Exist ()
The Limit Does Not Exist
(1)
Auro ()
GuiltyLion
(1)
acryon ()
Karnage
(1)
BBmolla ()
Not Voting
(1)
SausasaurusRex ()

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-03 00:18:59).

In post 203, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
Btw @mod, when will sarusuarus rex or however you spell it be prodded?
I prod players after 48 hours of inactivity.
Last edited by northsidegal on Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:18 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 171, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Please correct me if I’m wrong here since my theory skills leave something to be desired - in terms of theory, I think we can’t leave Eve alive when (if) we get to LYLO. I can’t imagine she’ll be the NK unless scum believes her claim, as there’s just enough WIFOM there to produce confusion for us. Not saying she needs to be the lynch today (although I’d be okay with it if we can’t compromise anywhere else), but I do think she needs to be lynched before LYLO. Thoughts?
I think traffic analyst should just claim the day before LYLO, then if there's a CC situation then we can safely lynch both. Unless I'm missing some drawback to that, I don't think we need to plan to lynch Eve solely because of that claim post
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 173, acryon wrote:142 from GuiltyLion doesn’t feel great. I’m always wary of people trying to paint a big picture based on a post or two early on. RVS stage is far from useless, but it typically doesn’t lead to these kinds of revelations.
what "big picture" do you think I was painting with that post? I was answering a question directed at me.

and would it change your mind if I showed you numerous examples from my past where town!me tries to make reads as quickly as possible? I hate RVS
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:22 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 183, Auro wrote:
In post 175, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:I‘m leaning towards town!GL. GL seems to be transparent in his thought process and reasoning
Subject: Newbie 1995 Mafia PT
GuiltyLion wrote:okay so I've played with Karnage / George before. George is somewhat mislynchable IIRC, Karnage I think I've only seen his scumgame but he seems competent, we might have to plan on NKing him

generally I don't like to bus - people will WIFOM their way out of a lot of associatives as long as you are actually engaging with your partner to some degree - and my goal is to make sure all my pushes sound reasonable/genuine. It works pretty well in newbie games cause newbies often fall for the logical = townie fallacy and there are usually enough lurksacks / people-playing-weird to burn through the first couple mislynches. but lemme know what your experience is, what you feel comfortable with, etc
I just wanted to add this here, sorry for the shade, GuiltyLion :P
did you actually read the game in addition to the mafia PT? What do you think of my play here so far compared to that Newbie game?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 212, acryon wrote:GuiltyLion rolls up on acryon's house and sees him working in the front by some soil where he's planting seeds. GuiltyLion says "Wow that's a bad garden. You don't even have anything growing." Not only would it be 1) disingenuous and silly to criticize the garden at that stage, it's also 2) possible acryon is planting the seeds exactly right, and it is going to be a good garden. I'm less interested in arguing 2), but 1) is why I have an issue with what GL did.
to borrow your metaphor, FMPOV what happened was I saw you planting rocks, not real seeds. I entirely disagree with 2). And how is it disingenuous to criticize what I saw as planting rocks? Scum are scum and faking, no matter how far along they are in growing their fake garden.

that said, I do kinda like your other posts the past couple of pages and honestly appreciate this metaphor lol

VOTE: Allomancer
I've got strong townreads on both nom and Limit Hydra and I agree Allo isn't really taking any stances so far this game.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 140, Auro wrote:You're kinda deflecting there, Skitter :P

You were putting in energy to try and sort/engage with Eve, when was arguably easier to just go take a five-minute look. So you're saying you could have, but you just felt lazy then also?
yep, pretty much
and I see what you mean, the tone thing is probably nai

=
In post 141, GuiltyLion wrote: why does this always happen :(

you agree that the post I quoted is bad, right? and personally I wasn't impressed with the reply to me either.
i think the auro-paranoia think is what was pinging me? idk.

yeah, that's kinda why i voted there in the first place; his posts had this like passive ~poking at the edge of things without actually getting his feet yet~ kinda vibe, like he was posting for the purpose of posting

i actually thought his response about 'i think that calling what i'm doing scumhunting at all to be an overstatement' was decent and like self-aware in a way that i think is somewhat unlikely to come from scum, but i thought his reaction to your vote on him was OMGUS-y
In post 151, GuiltyLion wrote:I guess in writing this out though it might comes down to differing interpretations of tone.

p-edit: oh you're going the 'too scummy to be scum' route I guess
well not too scummy to be scum exactly so much as i'm not sure that scum think to respond to that accusation that way

like if you've accused scum of not scumhunting i think the natural reaction is to go like: 'no i have been scumhunting', or to deflect, but this feels more tongue-in-cheek and a bit more self-aware than that to me

that being said that's kinda like the only line in his iso thus far that i thought was low-key townie

=
In post 167, BBmolla wrote:Sorry I’ve been inactive. I’m having an off day. I’ll be back tomorrow.
i hope things get better soon!
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 170, acryon wrote:I think trying to call someone out for "fake scumhunting" with my extremely minimal body of work seemed disingenuous.
what do you think of my blank vote on you?
In post 170, acryon wrote:This and the few posts before it feel a bit like playing dumb for someone with so much experience.
it was obviously a meme but i was trying to determine if it was more likely to come from than town

UNVOTE:
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 170, acryon wrote:I think trying to call someone out for "fake scumhunting" with my extremely minimal body of work seemed disingenuous.
@gl i think that this bit (and tbh his OMGUS response to your vote) is kinda like the indignation that you're claiming his post lacks. i think that he maybe doesn't display indignation in exactly the way you're expecting him too but he's almost offended that you called him out on that and like ... scum just doesn't respond that way usually to an accusation of 'fake scumhunting' really

@ limit hydra: isn't chock-full of content but it's kinda demonstrating a tone that's been peppering his posts that i think is low-key townie. like he's being ~self-aware / earnest / tongue-in-cheek-y'

also i'm not sure i agree with you on gl either

that being said i think the hydra is townie (in particular the Lilith head, i don't really have thoughts on ss rn)
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 180, nomnomnom wrote:My main internal question right now is if it's town or scum from Skitter to be confused by eve's personality and press on it, intuition says it's townie because I know skitter... she'd probably drop this instantly and let eve scum it up then join the wagon later.
indeed
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 184, Auro wrote:But in that post she comes off as totally unafraid of Skitter and saying "game should honestly go pretty fast" is something I definitely cannot imagine scum!Nom saying to Skitter.
i'm not actually sure i'd agree with this assessment
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 185, acryon wrote:Like I would expect 128 from someone who had never played before or never seen an RVS jokeclaim, but clearly that doesn't match her experience level.
well it was more that she was taking it past rvs.
obviously yes I've seen many people make lolclaims in rvs; i usually disregard those (and that's why i didn't particularly care about her entrance that much, and i even found it low-key townie)

i don't see people going on like that *after* that point in the game, and if someone is going to post like that time you kinda need to try use what they're posting and how they're posting it to try to make a determination about their alignment
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

auro why are you townreading nom?
Show
Hiatus once more.

The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by The Limit Does Not Exist »

In post 225, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 1.4

TargetWagon
nomnomnom
(2)
Karnage (), Eve ()
Allomancer
(2)
nomnomnom (), The Limit Does Not Exist ()
acryon
(2)
skitter30 (), Allomancer ()
The Limit Does Not Exist
(1)
Auro ()
GuiltyLion
(1)
acryon ()
Auro
(1)
GuiltyLion ()
Karnage
(1)
BBmolla ()
Not Voting
(1)
SausasaurusRex ()

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-03 00:18:59).

In post 203, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
Btw @mod, when will sarusuarus rex or however you spell it be prodded?
I prod players after 48 hours of inactivity.
Thanks @mod. Btw I think GuiltyLion should be voting acryon in this VC.
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:30 pm

In post 164, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 1.2

TargetWagon
GuiltyLion
(2)
The Limit Does Not Exist (), acryon ()
The Limit Does Not Exist
(2)
SausasaurusRex (), Auro ()
acryon
(2)
skitter30 (), nomnomnom ()
nomnomnom
(2)
Karnage (), Eve ()
Eve
(1)
Allomancer ()
Auro
(1)
GuiltyLion ()
Karnage
(1)
BBmolla ()
Not Voting
(0)

@mod same here, I think GuiltyLion should be voting acryon starting at

this is correct. previous votecounts have been corrected. thanks

-nsg
Last edited by northsidegal on Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:32 pm

Multi-quoting is an absolute bitch on mobile so I’ll respond to things when I get to my laptop.

- Smarter
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Eve »

i have returned what did i miss
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Eve »

In post 205, Allomancer wrote:Speaking of pressure, UNVOTE: .
In post 75, Auro wrote:Something_Smart, have you not considered that there is a mechanical reason to want to be on the wagon as town?
To take up a slot that scum could have taken; thus forcing them to stay off of it?
Eve didn't respond to my post, but this made a good point that relieves my initial concerns over Eve. That plus she seems to be just shitposting means there's really not much to read into there.

However, given that she's just shitposting, I really would like to see some actual content from her.
i don't like this post because he's both agreeing i have a mechanical reason as town so it's not scummy but also that i'm shitposting which should mean he knows i was joking

VOTE: allomancer
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Eve »

Rex i appreciate that you're not breaking any rules we need more people like you in our games

help me vote allomancer for the win
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: acryon
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by BBmolla »

nice looks like ya'll saw the same shit as me
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:06 pm

Following up on some questions I never got answers to:

1) @ nom & GL
In post 175, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:What are people’s thoughts on Auro? I just reread his ISO and there’s less content there than I remember. I like his most recent content a bit more as it seems he’s developing a line of questioning towards GL that (I think?) is trying to understand GL’s thought process, but a lot of his ISO consists of fixating on GL’s usage of the word “paranoid” and questioning us on mechanics. I’d like to hear what other people are thinking here.
In post 189, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Yeah, I originally had good feelings about the townbloc, but then I reread your ISO this morning and I'm not as solid in my read on you as I was when you initially townblocced (sp?). So I'm just trying to get a feel for everyone's reads and see where they're at. In particular I think I'd like to hear from GL since he had some misgivings on you in the beginning.
@nom, @GL, I'd like to hear from you two regarding your reads on Auro. GL, have your feelings on him changed since the "paranoia" back and forth?

2) @ nom, you also seem to not have interacted with GL directly at all. What are your thoughts on him in general and also specifically regarding him joining the Allomancer wagon?

3) Sorry more questions @ nom...
In post 203, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:@nom, what are your thoughts on acryon after your most recent convo and subsequent pondering? you seem to have backed off of that slot pretty quickly earlier, why was that?
I'd like to hear your thought progression on acryon as well. Particularly when you first unvoted, and then after you asked him what his vig shot you would be, you said there was a lot more to work with - I'd like to hear what conclusions you drew from that conversation.

- Smarter
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:07 pm

In post 219, SausasaurusRex wrote:Calm down Smarter, there’s no need to prod me yet. It’s been a little longer than I thought it had been, but I’ve not broken any rules. My lurking won’t become a regular thing, I assure you.
In response to Auro’s townbloc, I disagree with Karnage’s placement. He isn’t scummy, but neither is he amazingly towny. I agree with placing Nomnomnom there, however.
I’m townreading both players in TheLimitDoesNotExist, so UNVOTE: . I know it’s ironic for me to say this, but I’d like more content from Eve. Her posts don’t seem very towny, but I’m willing to overlook that as early-game banter if her play gets better. If it does not, I think she is the correct day 1 lynch, unless someone else does something worse.
If anyone has any questions for me, ask and I will answer.
Sausasaurus, thoughts on the Allomancer wagon?

- Smarter
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:08 pm

In post 243, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: acryon
In post 244, BBmolla wrote:nice looks like ya'll saw the same shit as me
How far have you read up to?
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:13 pm

@skitter, these two lines contradict each other (emphasis mine):
In post 230, skitter30 wrote:
In post 151, GuiltyLion wrote:I guess in writing this out though it might comes down to differing interpretations of tone.

p-edit: oh you're going the 'too scummy to be scum' route I guess
well not too scummy to be scum exactly so much as i'm not sure that scum think to respond to that accusation that way

like if you've accused scum of not scumhunting i think the natural reaction is to go like: 'no i have been scumhunting', or to deflect, but this feels more tongue-in-cheek and a bit more self-aware than that to me

that being said that's kinda like the only line in his iso thus far that i thought was low-key townie
In post 232, skitter30 wrote:@ limit hydra: isn't chock-full of content but it's kinda demonstrating
a tone that's been peppering his posts that i think is low-key townie.
like he's being ~self-aware / earnest / tongue-in-cheek-y'
Which is it, acryon only said 1 line that was lowkey townie or he's been lowkey townie throughout multiple posts? Can you explain this contradiction? Presumably you wrote both of these posts after catching up on the whole thread, right?

- Smarter
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:15 pm

In post 246, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
In post 219, SausasaurusRex wrote:Calm down Smarter, there’s no need to prod me yet. It’s been a little longer than I thought it had been, but I’ve not broken any rules. My lurking won’t become a regular thing, I assure you.
In response to Auro’s townbloc, I disagree with Karnage’s placement. He isn’t scummy, but neither is he amazingly towny. I agree with placing Nomnomnom there, however.
I’m townreading both players in TheLimitDoesNotExist, so UNVOTE: . I know it’s ironic for me to say this, but I’d like more content from Eve. Her posts don’t seem very towny, but I’m willing to overlook that as early-game banter if her play gets better. If it does not, I think she is the correct day 1 lynch, unless someone else does something worse.
If anyone has any questions for me, ask and I will answer.
Sausasaurus, thoughts on the Allomancer wagon?

- Smarter
Also Sausasaurus, I'd like to hear your thoughts on Karnage.

- Smarter

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”