acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:58 am

Post by acryon »

In post 298, Karnage wrote:skitter on the other hand looks worse now. I need to go back and look at her ISO but I didn't like her reaction to eve and her all but ignoring the allo wagon
I was torn between the late comment in coming across as town (because it mirrored my thoughts) or opportunistic scum trying to gain townpoints from an impending mislynch. Seems you think it's the latter?
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:03 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 300, acryon wrote:Seems you think it's the latter?
thats where I'm leaning, yeah
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:12 am

Post by acryon »

If Allo is in fact L-1, I think someone should hop off just to be safe.

Town - BBmolla
Lean-town - The Limit Does Not Exist, Karnage, nomnomnom, SausasaurusRex
Null - Eve (moved down), GuiltyLion (moved up)
Lean-scum - Allomancer, skitter30
Scum - Auro

Some additional thoughts:
skitter30 - I am really back and forth on this slot. I didn't like what I saw as playing dumb, and the rebuttal to that was so-so. I wasn't sure on the Allo post I mentioned before and Karnage confirmed I'm not alone there, but it also feels unfair to push too hard on that right now when I felt basically the same way (although I didn't verbalize it).

Auro - I started to put Auro into lean-town, and then realized I had no idea why, and I think a lot of others are doing the same. I started to dig into his posts again and realized he has basically done and said nothing for a long time (the last 14 posts at least, and many before that were fluff). He basically hasn't gotten involved in anything and seems far too happy to stay on the sidelines.

VOTE: Auro
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:26 am

Post by Eve »

acryon looks pretty legit to me
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:30 am

Post by Auro »

I understand why you'd get that impression, but I would disagree that I'm "doing and saying nothing".
I have taken strong stances on multiple slots already.
I am actively scumhunting GuiltyLion's slot, inviting questions directed to me, and making sure that people in my proposed townblocc townread each other.

I have a work deadline in a day and I can't devote the kind of mental energy I usually do to towngames at the moment.
My last 14 posts were in just one day, that is not a very long time, pal. :P

However, I am also experimenting with some playstyle changes and that also contributes a little to my passiveness; I do not see it as a problem in terms of play.
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:31 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 302, acryon wrote:If Allo is in fact L-1, I think someone should hop off just to be safe.

Town - BBmolla
Lean-town - The Limit Does Not Exist, Karnage, nomnomnom, SausasaurusRex
Null - Eve (moved down), GuiltyLion (moved up)
Lean-scum - Allomancer, skitter30
Scum - Auro

Some additional thoughts:
skitter30 - I am really back and forth on this slot. I didn't like what I saw as playing dumb, and the rebuttal to that was so-so. I wasn't sure on the Allo post I mentioned before and Karnage confirmed I'm not alone there, but it also feels unfair to push too hard on that right now when I felt basically the same way (although I didn't verbalize it).

Auro - I started to put Auro into lean-town, and then realized I had no idea why, and I think a lot of others are doing the same. I started to dig into his posts again and realized he has basically done and said nothing for a long time (the last 14 posts at least, and many before that were fluff). He basically hasn't gotten involved in anything and seems far too happy to stay on the sidelines.

VOTE: Auro
24 hours ago in you said "Auro’s thought process feels town."

How did you get from there to top scum read?
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:31 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 305, Karnage wrote:24 hours ago in 173 you said "Auro’s thought process feels town."

How did you get from there to top scum read?
meh re-reading your posts I guess you address this nvmd
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:40 am

Post by acryon »

In post 304, Auro wrote:I understand why you'd get that impression, but I would disagree that I'm "doing and saying nothing".
I have taken strong stances on multiple slots already.
I am actively scumhunting GuiltyLion's slot, inviting questions directed to me, and making sure that people in my proposed townblocc townread each other.

I have a work deadline in a day and I can't devote the kind of mental energy I usually do to towngames at the moment.
My last 14 posts were in just one day, that is not a very long time, pal. :P

However, I am also experimenting with some playstyle changes and that also contributes a little to my passiveness; I do not see it as a problem in terms of play.
This does a
little
to make me feel better, but not enough. You spent more posts talking about your "townbloc" than you have going after GL. And even when you did, you ended your "big" post () with fluff, which goes a long way toward taking the edge off your pitchfork. And in that post, your efforts seem focused on some meta-read/not meta-read, so I'm not even sure what to make of it.

Having work deadlines is totally understandable, and I'm never going to begrudge someone for IRL responsibilities, but you
are
posting, and you
are
doing some amount of digging it seems; it's just not resulting in what I see as town effort.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:54 am

Post by Auro »

Do you think the top-down approach of forming a stable consensus townbloc is a bad strategy?
Generally, and in the context of this game?

Yes, I'm scumhunting without aggression; but the questions I pose and my stances re: GL still apply, and my own read doesn't change.
I want to scumhunt people without pointing a pitchfork on them, yes.
If you can prove to me that that is less effective than being completely serious and tonally aggressive, feel free to go ahead.

You are misunderstanding what I wrote about meta, perhaps read that a little more critically? Because meta/non-meta was definitely not the primary point in my post.
If you're not able to understand it after a reread, do ask :P

You are exactly right that I am posting and doing
some
amount of digging; that is the result of my not being able to devote much mental energy to this game, note that I didn't say I don't have
time
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:59 am

Post by Auro »

I think Crayon can enter the townbloc; note that he is attacking me after I basically began to chainsaw-attacked GuiltyLion over GL's push on him.
It's simply bad strategy to try to launch an attack on someone who's been pseudo-defending them, and this points to Crayon being town (apart from his posts themselves).
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:03 am

Post by Karnage »

So where does that put the townbloc?
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Auro »

{1/0, Nomnomnom, Karnage, Crayon} two more slots to go :D

Oh, and: Crayon, suppose I am scum, with the devious plan of forming a "townbloc" that lets me slip by.
I have never advocated for being on it myself, for starters. So, at the very least, I must be shoving my buddy in there (otherwise there's a 2/5 chance of a guilty which is just bad strategy).

Who do you think it could be? Or is it that I'm yet to add them?
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Eve »

ngl that seems pretty sketchy Auro
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 311, Auro wrote:{
1/0
, Nomnomnom, Karnage, Crayon} two more slots to go
funny (at least i think it is, I haven't done any math above algebra in 20 years so theres a chance I'm completely wrong and don't actually get it)
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:30 am

Post by acryon »

In post 308, Auro wrote:Do you think the top-down approach of forming a stable consensus townbloc is a bad strategy?
Generally, and in the context of this game?
Yes and not sure. Frankly I probably haven't given enough thought to the power of a townbloc in this setup.
In post 311, Auro wrote:{1/0, Nomnomnom, Karnage, Crayon} two more slots to go :D

Oh, and: Crayon, suppose I am scum, with the devious plan of forming a "townbloc" that lets me slip by.
I have never advocated for being on it myself, for starters. So, at the very least, I must be shoving my buddy in there (otherwise there's a 2/5 chance of a guilty which is just bad strategy).

This is a bit WIFOMy, but also some legitimate food for thought. FWIW I never thought the townbloc was a devious plan as much as it felt like fluff.

UNVOTE:
In post 312, Eve wrote:ngl that seems pretty sketchy Auro
Do you have a full readslist?

@Allomancer
When you come back, what are your thoughts on how your wagon has progressed and how people have reacted to it? Just about everyone, even those outside of it, have responded to it in some way.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:34 am

Post by Auro »

In post 314, acryon wrote:Yes
In post 54, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Yes it does.

Focusing on looking for and finding town will far more often create gamestate that are healthier for solving and/or that scum will need to stretch to counter.

Bias is more prevalent and likely to result in a stubborn incorrect read on scumreads on top of that.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:36 am

Post by acryon »

Forming townblocs does require townhunting, but not vice versa.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Auro »

In post 314, acryon wrote:FWIW I never thought the townbloc was a devious plan as much as it felt like fluff.
I'm completely serious about the townbloc: I will try my best to make sure everyone in my townbloc townread each other, form a consensus scumread, and vote there.

;)
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 317, Auro wrote:I'm completely serious about the townbloc: I will try my best to make sure everyone in my townbloc townread each other, form a consensus scumread, and vote there.
Would you be willing to stay OFF the wagon if possible?
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:45 am

Post by The Limit Does Not Exist »

In post 311, Auro wrote:Oh, and: Crayon, suppose I am scum, with the devious plan of forming a "townbloc" that lets me slip by.

This is silly. There's no guarantee that you can't change your reads, or that people will listen to them, and 2/5 chance of a guilty isn't so high that it makes no sense to run the risk as scum.

-Smart
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:48 am

Post by Auro »

In post 311, Auro wrote:{1/0, Nomnomnom, Karnage, Crayon}
two more slots
to go :D

I have never advocated for being on it myself
, for starters. So, at the very least, I must be shoving my buddy in there (otherwise there's a 2/5 chance of a guilty which is just bad strategy).

If the townbloc wills it, sure, I will join the wagon. Otherwise, nah ;)

There are edge cases here, but I'll not say what they are for ~reasons~.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:48 am

Post by acryon »

In post 319, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
In post 311, Auro wrote:Oh, and: Crayon, suppose I am scum, with the devious plan of forming a "townbloc" that lets me slip by.

This is silly. There's no guarantee that you can't change your reads, or that people will listen to them, and 2/5 chance of a guilty isn't so high that it makes no sense to run the risk as scum.

-Smart
That is true, but I'm not sure why this would ever be a strategy out of the gate. For me, it's enough to back off for now. Auro isn't a town-read for me just yet.
In post 318, Karnage wrote:
In post 317, Auro wrote:I'm completely serious about the townbloc: I will try my best to make sure everyone in my townbloc townread each other, form a consensus scumread, and vote there.
Would you be willing to stay OFF the wagon if possible?
Asking a good question.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Auro »

In post 319, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:This is silly. There's no guarantee that you can't change your reads, or that people will listen to them, and 2/5 chance of a guilty isn't so high that it makes no sense to run the risk as scum.
And I haven't said it makes me town, either, have I?
And no, 2/5 is definitely a high enough risk for 2/11 scum.
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:55 am

Post by The Limit Does Not Exist »

You said it makes you not scum with anyone out of your townblock. That's the claim that I don't accept.

And one scum getting guiltied is not the end of the world for scum, especially because any scum offwagon that isn't guiltied will look better because they were off the wagon and opened themself up to potentially getting guiltied.

-Smart
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:55 am

Post by Auro »

Not just that: It's a risk with no payoff, since there's no direct reason they become part of a voting bloc the next day.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”