chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:57 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 417, Firebringer wrote:i don't think chkflip push on knightmare for that strat is AI for chkflip. He has a boomer mentality regarding the strat itself so I don't expect that to be a real "Ohh look something easy for me to push"
How dare you pigeon-hole me so accurately.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:06 am

Post by farside22 »

@cakez: its more a gut scum read. I don't have anything solid.
vote: something smart

Explaining vote later.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Why am I so inclined to townread everyone who votes me? This is weird.

I'm bad at this game.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:17 am

Post by SirCakez »

I don't understand what farside is doing here
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:25 am

In post 439, SirCakez wrote: and both read as AtE to me given that Lilith, S_S and I are friends. Maybe not to you. I don't know if AtE is the best term to describe it but I don't know how else to.
I think you're reading a little too much into it? Sure, it's possible that me snarking back at you invoked an emotional reaction, but that doesn't mean it was intended to do that. Usually AtE very directly identifies the emotion they went the target to feel. I'm not even sure what emotion you thought I was going for, other than just a general "we're friends so we shouldn't be arguing against each other," which is something that really is always going to be present and isn't really played up in those posts at all (maybe a little bit the one to lilith but I wasn't trying to guilt her into not voting for me, I was trying to explain something to her).

As an aside, I can nitpick pretty much indefinitely and not get tired of it, so if you don't want to keep talking about it, you're welcome to drop it. I won't mind.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:34 am

Post by votato »

Is nitpick ad infinitum a scumtell, or is ss always that way?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:35 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 455, votato wrote:Is nitpick ad infinitum a scumtell, or is ss always that way?
Apparently it’s something he picked up from 2016 me :P
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:58 am

Post by chkflip »

S_S wagon is growing on me.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:00 am

Oh?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:01 am

Post by chkflip »

Indeed.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:03 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 454, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 439, SirCakez wrote: and both read as AtE to me given that Lilith, S_S and I are friends. Maybe not to you. I don't know if AtE is the best term to describe it but I don't know how else to.
I think you're reading a little too much into it? Sure, it's possible that me snarking back at you invoked an emotional reaction, but that doesn't mean it was intended to do that. Usually AtE very directly identifies the emotion they went the target to feel. I'm not even sure what emotion you thought I was going for, other than just a general "we're friends so we shouldn't be arguing against each other," which is something that really is always going to be present and isn't really played up in those posts at all (maybe a little bit the one to lilith but I wasn't trying to guilt her into not voting for me, I was trying to explain something to her).

As an aside, I can nitpick pretty much indefinitely and not get tired of it, so if you don't want to keep talking about it, you're welcome to drop it. I won't mind.
I think you are way smarter than me and I can buy this explanation :P
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:49 am

Post by farside22 »

@Something: Who are you scum reading at this point and why? I get the impression you find knightmare scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Congrats to SS to being the first player this game I did meta on. I'm very confused by your game play here because it's not your typically play. I had to see if you changed since the last time we played.
Can I ask......what brought on your more vocal self to this game?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:43 am

In post 461, farside22 wrote:@Something: Who are you scum reading at this point and why? I get the impression you find knightmare scum.
I don't have any scumreads yet.

I have a cloud of weak townreads that's something like {lilith, farside, chkflip, SirCakez, Firebringer, eyestott}.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:56 am

In post 462, farside22 wrote:Can I ask......what brought on your more vocal self to this game?
I would not say that this is my more vocal self, I would simply say that I'm being more vocal this game because I have more to talk about. My activity in a game is pretty much proportional to how much I'm interested in what's currently being talked about, which varies wildly.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:03 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 453, SirCakez wrote:I don't understand what farside is doing here
In sorting through reads quickly and effectively.
Want to help?
VOTE: venca
Why are you actively lurking?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:26 am

Post by SirCakez »

No I mean you attacked me for my S_S push and then are now pushing S_S
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:33 am

Post by chkflip »

Because your attack was poor.

Consider it free coaching.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:38 am

Post by votato »

In post 467, chkflip wrote:Because your attack was poor.

ah yes the guy with 3 completed games is now an expert and offering free coaching. Where can I sign up? I really wanna lynch you just because the game would be more fun without you.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:40 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 467, chkflip wrote:Because your attack was poor.

I lol'd
SirCakez wrote:No I mean you attacked me for my S_S push and then are now pushing S_S
Your case on s_s didn't read as something factual. It was oppionated at best and it looked made up.
I pointed out i wanted more from him the defending himself. The attack on knightmare looked like he was making noise. It read pointless chatter, so i wanted to push futher on him.
Im not sold on him as town currently, but i want others to start communicating in this game
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:00 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 468, votato wrote:ah yes the guy with 3 completed games is now an expert and offering free coaching. Where can I sign up? I really wanna lynch you just because the game would be more fun without you.
To be clear, those are the last three games I was a part of that have completed most recently. I didn't even finish one of them. It was just to showcase that I can be aggressive as any alignment and that my choice of words are oft times purposeful to incite a reaction.

But if I am to understand your statement correctly, you're stating that you're going to vote park me because you don't like the way that I approach the game?

All the flavors in the world and you chose to be salty.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:02 am

Post by votato »

well except that you werent mafia in any of those games, so it really doesnt show much. And I'm happy to move my vote when a better wagon comes along, I'm just saying your shitty attitude means i get to have a bit of extra fun tunneling you.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:04 am

Post by chkflip »

I haven't been mafia in a while, unfortunately.

That meta would be six years old and I was different back then.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:12 am

Post by chkflip »

SEVEN YEARS.

viewtopic.php?t=31040&f=50&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

I don't find it to be very telling of who I am here anymore, but you did ask so I feel obligated to give it to you. It isn't so much that I haven't been scum seven years running, by the way, I took a LONG hiatus before returning recently.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Firebringer »

this game really slowed down
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”