Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Paragon »

Farside, please elaborate.

Lilith, Knightmare was the first to propose a strategy. Iconeum voiced opinion when it had already been established that the consensus was that we shouldn't mass claim, so it's more of any unnecessary contribution which is easy for scum to comment on.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:21 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 750, Paragon wrote:Farside, please elaborate.

Lilith, Knightmare was the first to propose a strategy. Iconeum voiced opinion when it had already been established that the consensus was that we shouldn't mass claim, so it's more of any unnecessary contribution which is easy for scum to comment on.
You ignored large parts of the game and focused on one player while saying nothing about anyone else or the wagon on Votato
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 749, votato wrote:i played a handful of games on another site more than a decade ago. I was not by any means an expert, and probably not even good. I'm starting totally fresh in terms of game-knowledge, effectively. All of the knowledge I have is from reading the wiki and from the one game I started prior to this one (again, still ongoing, can't really say much).
I thought I was having some interactions with people, but if you disagree, sorry - I'll try to step it up. I wanted to throw a few thoughts out there and see how people reacted. I'll contribute more later on but mostly want to read for now and get a feel for the game. I have been contributing my thoughts as I have them, but I'm not yet confident in any of my reads. I feel like its still pretty early anyway to have people locked in as either town or scum. As the game progresses I'll probably get more vocal and more confident.

The reason i dont see KM as scummy for talking about the massclaim is that KM is new. I also have some experience with KM to go off of, and don't read him as scum. The rest of you should know better than beating a dead horse about the massclaim.
This reads as pretty genuine.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 751, farside22 wrote:

You ignored large parts of the game and focused on one player while saying nothing about anyone else or the wagon on Votato
I haven't read the last 10 pages truth be told. I tried but my eyes kept glossing over, so I decided to ISO Iconeum since his name came up recently.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:26 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Uh....

1) weren’t you and eyestott already talking about massclaim strategies before Knightmare?
2) Iconeum wasn’t in the thread at that time so of course he didn’t give opinions on it in real time. I don’t think it’s scummy to give opinions on something that’s already happened that you’re catching up on, even if it’s unnecessary. Why do you think it’s scummy?
3) I agree that him having not much else in his ISO is push-worthy but if you go by that then so are several others, so why him specifically?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:27 am

Post by SirCakez »

Paragon is right Ico is scummy
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 737, lilith2013 wrote:I think you’re giving too much leeway to “newb” him when he clearly has the ability to analyze wagons and also knows more mafia terminology than I do. Also: Engagement is not dependent on experience. I’m not even talking about pushing, but as a newbie I was completely capable of holding conversations with people in the thread and asking them what their reads were and I’d assume any newbie would at least be able to do that. Votato seems capable enough of throwing out reads once there’s votes on him, why not post it any time before that and try to interact with people to solidify those reads?
Engagement may not be dependent on experience, but lack of experience can definitely explain lack of engagement.

Capable and willing are two different things. Just because he can doesn't mean he thinks he should, and I think it's reasonable for someone new to the site to have the mindset that the important things are having a vote on your top scumread and being able to explain your reads, and actually pressing people to read them better is optional.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:28 am

In post 752, Paragon wrote:This reads as pretty genuine.
+1
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Paragon »

Iconeum isn't necessarily
scummy
for it, I think you're misinterpreting my point. My concern lies with that being the majority of his content so far, as in he's commented on easy to comment on stuff like the mass claim thing and talking about the philosophy of whether a scum lynch in day 1 is a good idea.

Independently speaking, mentioning the mass claim is NAI. I'm voting him because I want to see more content/reads from him.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:30 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 757, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 752, Paragon wrote:This reads as pretty genuine.
+1
It's pretty NAI in my opinion.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:30 am

Updated townlean cloud: {ABR, lilith, farside, votato, Paragon, Vecna, chkflip, SirCakez, Firebringer}.

On reread I'm not really sure why I put eyestott in it and I don't feel that way anymore.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:30 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 756, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 737, lilith2013 wrote:I think you’re giving too much leeway to “newb” him when he clearly has the ability to analyze wagons and also knows more mafia terminology than I do. Also: Engagement is not dependent on experience. I’m not even talking about pushing, but as a newbie I was completely capable of holding conversations with people in the thread and asking them what their reads were and I’d assume any newbie would at least be able to do that. Votato seems capable enough of throwing out reads once there’s votes on him, why not post it any time before that and try to interact with people to solidify those reads?
Engagement may not be dependent on experience, but lack of experience can definitely explain lack of engagement.

Capable and willing are two different things. Just because he can doesn't mean he thinks he should, and I think it's reasonable for someone new to the site to have the mindset that the important things are having a vote on your top scumread and being able to explain your reads, and actually pressing people to read them better is optional.
Have you read farside’s ? Her points are a lot more coherent than mine on this.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:31 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 758, Paragon wrote:Iconeum isn't necessarily
scummy
for it, I think you're misinterpreting my point. My concern lies with that being the majority of his content so far, as in he's commented on easy to comment on stuff like the mass claim thing and talking about the philosophy of whether a scum lynch in day 1 is a good idea.

Independently speaking, mentioning the mass claim is NAI. I'm voting him because I want to see more content/reads from him.
Do you have any other scum reads?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:31 am

Post by votato »

im starting to think that theres one scum in {lilith, paragon, farside} based on recent interactions.

farside, so far it seems that you've read everything I've said as scum or NAI. could you be tunneling? What do you think the thought process of town!votato is? what do you think the thought process of scum!votato is?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:33 am

In post 761, lilith2013 wrote:Have you read farside’s ? Her points are a lot more coherent than mine on this.
Seems like mostly calling out weak play and not explaining why that weak play is more likely to be from scum.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:34 am

Post by votato »

In post 411, farside22 wrote:
In post 408, DonCorleone wrote:@farside, could you vote for nightmare please?

I think Knightmare is scum,I don't see it coming from scum. It's actually NAI, I have seen a few players try to do things like this but unfortunately it is more coming from town thinking then scum trying because 95% of the time people find it scummy to do mass claim.

EBWOP:

Scum reads:

Not enough to say either way:
Iconeum
SS
Votato
Vecna
Firebringer
eyestott

Scum reads:
Albert B. Rampage
SirCakez

A few spots haven't even really posted. SS hasn't said much other then defending himself and I would like to see more thoughts about the game. Votato I go back and forth on. Firebringer hasn't towned it up and eyestott hasn't said anything that isn't NAI,
In post 540, farside22 wrote:Well its good to have a list that has odds of finding scum reduced.

In no order at all. I either have no read, a gut read or scum read on the following players.

Albert B. Rampage
Iconeum
votato
Something_Smart
DonCorleone
eyestott

VOTE: abr
In post 543, farside22 wrote:
In post 541, Firebringer wrote:why u townreading cakez?
Its a light town read. His point on SS seemed a bit forced but i liked that he doesnt care if people fight with him. Id still keep an eye on him. See if he scum hunts more and whom he pushes.
My biggest negative is he didn't say anything about votato.
so far it seems like you have way to many scum reads (isnt that usually a scum tell) and also no town reads (isnt that also generally bad form?). Could you maybe elaborate a little bit on your reads?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:35 am

In post 759, farside22 wrote:It's pretty NAI in my opinion.
Town are generally more likely to admit fault and try to change their behavior, whereas scum are more likely to be defensive and argue that they weren't doing anything wrong imo.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:36 am

Post by votato »

In post 559, farside22 wrote:
In post 551, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 549, Vecna wrote:Do you scumread ABR lilith?

If not, then why is that post wishywashy?
He doesn’t actually take a stance on Iconeum; and he says he’ll keep his vote on chkflip but has not engaged with or tried to push that slot for a while. He’s also incorrect about chkflip’s vote being a “weak ABR vote” and he should know because he was previously in a very long-winded back and forth with chkflip accusing votato of being ABR’s partner, so he should know what chkflip’s reasons for voting ABR are.
VOTE: votato

Lilth can be town leader.
I'm leaning towards farside being scum, and using this and other posts to try and buddy with town!lilith
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:36 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 763, votato wrote:im starting to think that theres one scum in {lilith, paragon, farside} based on recent interactions.
What does this mean?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 762, farside22 wrote:
In post 758, Paragon wrote:Iconeum isn't necessarily
scummy

Do you have any other scum reads?
No scumreads per se, but I dislike ABR, Cakez, and votato (more for earlier play) to some degree.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Bro
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:38 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 766, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 759, farside22 wrote:It's pretty NAI in my opinion.
Town are generally more likely to admit fault and try to change their behavior, whereas scum are more likely to be defensive and argue that they weren't doing anything wrong imo.
So are you saying votato’s post was genuine based on his tone or based on probability?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:39 am

In post 771, lilith2013 wrote:So are you saying votato’s post was genuine based on his tone or based on probability?
All reads are based on probability, so that one.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:39 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Wow
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:41 am

Post by votato »

In post 768, SirCakez wrote:
In post 763, votato wrote:im starting to think that theres one scum in {lilith, paragon, farside} based on recent interactions.
What does this mean?
the three of them are having an interaction I'm reading as being partially forced. I don't think its just a disagreement between townies. I think one is probably scum. Too much infighting, not enough attempt to collaborate. Especially from farside, again strengthening my growing SR on her. the read on their interaction is gut, I can't really point to anything specific in the text yet.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”