farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:42 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 763, votato wrote:im starting to think that theres one scum in {lilith, paragon, farside} based on recent interactions.

farside, so far it seems that you've read everything I've said as scum or NAI. could you be tunneling? What do you think the thought process of town!votato is? what do you think the thought process of scum!votato is?
Nope.
I don't know you as a player so I'm waiting to see what you do with what you got.
For example why is the interaction between me, lilith and Paragon look like there is scum in that group? Why did you call that group out among others that have been talking?
In post 765, votato wrote:
In post 411, farside22 wrote:
In post 408, DonCorleone wrote:@farside, could you vote for nightmare please?

I think Knightmare is scum,I don't see it coming from scum. It's actually NAI, I have seen a few players try to do things like this but unfortunately it is more coming from town thinking then scum trying because 95% of the time people find it scummy to do mass claim.

EBWOP:

Scum reads:

Not enough to say either way:
Iconeum
SS
Votato
Vecna
Firebringer
eyestott

Scum reads:
Albert B. Rampage
SirCakez

A few spots haven't even really posted. SS hasn't said much other then defending himself and I would like to see more thoughts about the game. Votato I go back and forth on. Firebringer hasn't towned it up and eyestott hasn't said anything that isn't NAI,
In post 540, farside22 wrote:Well its good to have a list that has odds of finding scum reduced.

In no order at all.
I either have no read, a gut read or scum read on the following players.

Albert B. Rampage
Iconeum
votato
Something_Smart
DonCorleone
eyestott

VOTE: abr
In post 543, farside22 wrote:
In post 541, Firebringer wrote:why u townreading cakez?
Its a light town read. His point on SS seemed a bit forced but i liked that he doesnt care if people fight with him. Id still keep an eye on him. See if he scum hunts more and whom he pushes.
My biggest negative is he didn't say anything about votato.
so far it seems like you have way to many scum reads (isnt that usually a scum tell) and also no town reads (isnt that also generally bad form?). Could you maybe elaborate a little bit on your reads?
I bolded the part you missed.
I don't talk about town reads. Anyone not listed is either town or light town. I don't put a preference in that category because I would rather not inform scum whom I find to be the most town and have them dead.
It's cute that you want to call something a scum tell but it isn't. For me it's NAI. I would do it as either alignment because as scum it leaves options, for town I'm still trying to wade through those I can't read and want more information to determine if they are scum or town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:44 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 774, votato wrote:
In post 768, SirCakez wrote:
In post 763, votato wrote:im starting to think that theres one scum in {lilith, paragon, farside} based on recent interactions.
What does this mean?
the three of them are having an interaction I'm reading as being partially forced. I don't think its just a disagreement between townies. I think one is probably scum. Too much infighting, not enough attempt to collaborate. Especially from farside, again strengthening my growing SR on her. the read on their interaction is gut, I can't really point to anything specific in the text yet.
Please explain to the class who it looks forced? I don't accept vague comments.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:44 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I'm not sure if I townlean ABR exactly but I guess he's at the point where I want to see what he does and not lynch him D1.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:44 am

Post by lilith2013 »

What does this mean?
the three of them are having an interaction I'm reading as being partially forced. I don't think its just a disagreement between townies. I think one is probably scum. Too much infighting, not enough attempt to collaborate. Especially from farside, again strengthening my growing SR on her. the read on their interaction is gut, I can't really point to anything specific in the text yet.
“Too much infighting and not enough attempt to collaborate from farside” is a pretty contradictory statement to “farside is buddying lilith”
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Paragon »

Perhaps votato can highlight what he means by forced/argumentative!
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:46 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 755, SirCakez wrote:Paragon is right Ico is scummy
Cakes please explain what you think is scummy about Icon
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:47 am

Post by farside22 »

That reminds me I should really update my list:
Top is more on the null side bottom part are scum read.

Albert B. Rampage
Iconeum

votato
paragon
DonCorleone
eyestott
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 777, Something_Smart wrote:I'm not sure if I townlean ABR exactly but I guess he's at the point where I want to see what he does and not lynch him D1.
Does he have some kind of reputation here?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:52 am

In post 782, Paragon wrote:Does he have some kind of reputation here?
I believe he's known for having a loud and forceful thread presence, but that's not why I said that. I think his playstyle is interesting and seems potentially very effective.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:53 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 782, Paragon wrote:
In post 777, Something_Smart wrote:I'm not sure if I townlean ABR exactly but I guess he's at the point where I want to see what he does and not lynch him D1.
Does he have some kind of reputation here?
Yes. With ABR it's a mixed bag. I've seen him be a town leader to lurkering.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:55 am

Post by SirCakez »

What does this mean?
Ok I'm looking for follow-up here later
In post 780, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 755, SirCakez wrote:Paragon is right Ico is scummy
Cakes please explain what you think is scummy about Icon
I pretty much agree with what Paragon said
It's like they aren't really scumhunting
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:59 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 772, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 771, lilith2013 wrote:So are you saying votato’s post was genuine based on his tone or based on probability?
All reads are based on probability, so that one.
SS, I’m going to attempt to put words to my scumread on you now.

This entire game thus far I feel like you’ve approached others with a purely mechanical engagement, which prevents me from reading you as a person. In your back and forths with me you’re bringing up probability, you’re asking me rhetorical questions, you’re questioning my reasoning, but have yet to reveal what YOU are thinking or feeling about the players we’re talking about. It feels like you’re questioning people just to question people and it isn’t backed by your personal perspectives or you trying to follow up on your own reads. It’s like there’s a disconnect between you as a person and the posts you’re making. There were maybe a couple posts where I saw a glimpse of the person, but not nearly enough to change my read.

So that about sums it up.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:01 am

Post by votato »

In post 786, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 771, lilith2013 wrote:So are you saying votato’s post was genuine based on his tone or based on probability?

This entire game thus far I feel like you’ve approached others with a purely mechanical engagement, which prevents me from reading you as a person. In your back and forths with me you’re bringing up probability, you’re asking me rhetorical questions, you’re questioning my reasoning, but have yet to reveal what YOU are thinking or feeling about the players we’re talking about. It feels like you’re questioning people just to question people and it isn’t backed by your personal perspectives or you trying to follow up on your own reads. It’s like there’s a disconnect between you as a person and the posts you’re making. There were maybe a couple posts where I saw a glimpse of the person, but not nearly enough to change my read.

could you quote a few posts that you feel are particularly mechanical? I'm reading but will respond properly to questions asked of me later on.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:10 am

In post 786, lilith2013 wrote:SS, I’m going to attempt to put words to my scumread on you now.

That is probably the most eloquently I've ever seen someone complain about my playstyle. :P

Sure. I will grant the truth of pretty much everything you said. I'm generally not forthcoming about the reasoning for my reads, primarily because it tends to create a much more structured and easy-to-follow conversation if I explain my reads only when someone cares enough to ask me about them, but also because I am lazy.

If you're scumreading me because I haven't been proactively sharing my reads and reasoning, then that's simply a playstyle thing. I did say that I thought you didn't know me as well as you thought you did, and I had a reason for saying so. It was this. I hadn't yet developed this playstyle when you were around before, and lots of people have bad reactions to it the first time they play with me.

If you're scumreading me simply because you don't KNOW where I stand, well, all you have to do is ask.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:14 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 788, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 786, lilith2013 wrote:SS, I’m going to attempt to put words to my scumread on you now.

That is probably the most eloquently I've ever seen someone complain about my playstyle. :P

Sure. I will grant the truth of pretty much everything you said. I'm generally not forthcoming about the reasoning for my reads, primarily because it tends to create a much more structured and easy-to-follow conversation if I explain my reads only when someone cares enough to ask me about them, but also because I am lazy.

If you're scumreading me because I haven't been proactively sharing my reads and reasoning, then that's simply a playstyle thing. I did say that I thought you didn't know me as well as you thought you did, and I had a reason for saying so. It was this. I hadn't yet developed this playstyle when you were around before, and lots of people have bad reactions to it the first time they play with me.

If you're scumreading me simply because you don't KNOW where I stand, well, all you have to do is ask.
None of these are right. Words are hard, will try again later
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:14 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 787, votato wrote:
In post 786, lilith2013 wrote:

could you quote a few posts that you feel are particularly mechanical? I'm reading but will respond properly to questions asked of me later on.
I tried to multi-quote but multi-quoting on mobile is a bitch and my post got erased. Will quote when I’m on a computer
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:17 am

In post 789, lilith2013 wrote:None of these are right. Words are hard, will try again later
Regardless, the last point still stands. If you want to know how I'm feeling about something, you can always ask. Just be warned, you're likely to get an answer of "it doesn't mean anything" :lol:
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:17 am

Post by lilith2013 »

@SS: short version is I don’t think your play has changed as much as you think it has.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:18 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Okay I’ll have a list of 20+ questions prepared for you later
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:18 am

Post by chkflip »

You know what else is hard?

This mafia game.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Vecna »

VOTE: Farside
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 795, Vecna wrote:VOTE: Farside
u have my attention on this bad vote.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:06 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 796, Firebringer wrote:
In post 795, Vecna wrote:VOTE: Farside
u have my attention on this bad vote.
<3

Idc about his vote.
I wonder how long it will be before Votato responds to the questions ask or how long his scum buddies will try to get him off the chopping block.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:08 am

Post by chkflip »

Vecna is not vottato's scum buddy if that's what you're implying.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:17 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 798, chkflip wrote:Vecna is not vottato's scum buddy if that's what you're implying.
Sorry if that was implied. I don't see Venca doing that. I was thinking more of Paragon in this regards.

I think Venca is just testing out things.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”