Newbie 2001 | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by Gypyx »

(Sorry about the inactivity, i'll try to catch up but it might take a few hours before i'm able to post)
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by bv310 »

Spoiler: 213
In post 213, Micc wrote:VOTE: bv310
Big scum pings from this. for one it's not really a catchup. second, unvoting a scum lean is a move reserved for moving yourself from a small wagon you believe in to a bigger wagon you believe in. bv310's vote change here goes in the opposite direction which is not productive at all.

Two parts to this.
1) What is a "catchup" to you? What about my posting doesn't fit your criteria?
2) Unvoting a scum-lean to vote for a different scum-lean is not in any way sketchy. The fact that there wasn't any momentum on my read means I can watch that spot for later.

Spoiler: 214
In post 214, LuckyLuciano wrote:
You never gave a read on Petri. You RVS voted him, stated you disliked Gypyx and 72o, then disappeared. Literally nowhere in your ISO do you mention Petri outside of the RVS vote. Have you been following the thread without posting? When did the Petri read develop? When did it degrade?

pedit: Amen Micc. I love that we're on the same page here.

In order, 1) Yes. I've been following but lurking because I don't believe posting 20-odd one-liners is needed when there's already others taking that role. I feel comfortable right now looking at interactions and trying to spot inconsistencies.

2) My scum-read on Petri came around post 111. He uses reference to a reputation that we can never check into as a way to try and discount a bad opinion. Even if that's true, it's not an actionable piece of information. To me, that looked suspicious, and was worth keeping my vote parked.

3) Honestly, it kind of didn't, but I was looking at the current in the game and it seemed like no one was interested in continuing there. At that point in the game (page 7 or so), we have plenty of time to look at the opinions after a flip to see if those opinions look better or worse.

Spoiler: 236
In post 236, fwogcarf wrote:hot take there's a scum in Micc/Luciano

I believe this is correct.

Spoiler: 266
In post 266, fwogcarf wrote:I'll elaborate on only the ones that I feel should be noticed

First off, the issue I have with Jackson is that he only responded to my posts, whether or not they provided content or not. It's why i want enomis to read his own slot because if he was originally in the game, I wouldn't be targeting him for Jackson opening his pocket up for me.

Petri has provided some awkward content, doing something I call vote jumping. It's a tactic I see noobs do when they're trying to play their first games in order to 1. engage with the thread in some way, and 2. Get their vote on the board. I can imagine a new player constantly checking the votecount to try and overanalyze things only specific to voting. In Petri's case, they've managed to sort of outgrow this mindset of voting. They're voting with explanation, but I feel as if they're just trying to generate content. I think they see their own content as towny enough and are trying to get people on the same page, but it's not working.

I'm also seeing potential pockets which i want to look more into as the game progresses to see who in the two players that are involved in said so pocket is the likelier option to be scum. There's only two scum in this game so I don't know if my tactic will work, we'll have to see.

The Luciano/Micc interaction deserves a flip from one of the two. Their mindmeld about BV, genuine or not, needs to get solved asap or else solving both players will be a lot harder for me. A proper lynch order would be:
1. BV
2. Luciano
3. I am still deciding whether I want to put Gypyx or Micc here.
And I guess I'll add onto that with
4. myself
5. Deciding whether I put Tuxedo or 72 here

Myself and Tuxedo/72 don't need to be looked at until tomorrow with the content that we've got here
I have no opinion on the rest of the players

So to be clear, your argument on Petri here is mostly a gut read? Saying that his content looks like busy-work to try and seem helpful and towny is an entirely valid one, but it really is just gut at the end of the day.

Your point on the Luc/Micc interaction is valid and worth looking in to. Do you think their suspicion on me is questionable, or is it the immediate agreement that concerns you? Why does lynching me provide better information than one of them?

Spoiler: 271
In post 271, fwogcarf wrote: Could you explain more about BV? since he is your top scumread. Your whole logic of mind-meld about other people then having BV to be lynched seems super weird.
I was going to explain but then I saw how dead the BV slot is.

This actually messes up my entire list so much holy shit[/quote]

Why's that? How does me being less engaged with this game than others affect your other opinions? What was your gut read based on before? Do you think that it's more or less likely that a scummy player would push a vote on a less-active slot?

So, it's worth noting that the exact same thing that kicked off Micc's suspicion of me (a short catch-up post that doesn't show enough content) is the same thing that Enomis brought into this as his game catchup. Look at the difference in reaction from micc.

As much as I hate lists, I feel like I need to include more of my opinions, because I'm having a heck of a time getting them out elsewhere. This is where my suspicions stand right now, going just off my immediate thoughts at 1:30am after a VERY long day of RL junk. This isn't intended to be pure scum/town, just what concerns I have with them in the game:

Fwogcarf - A whole pile of easy town-ish content. Takes 60 ISO posts in the thread before he posts anything serious. After being called on that, he flips into actual useful content and detail.
LuckyLuciano - Comes in decent and holds there. His and Micc's alignment on me is very quick, but also doesn't come with a vote on me. Why not?
72offsuit - The opposite of Fwog for me. Comes in early with reads and details, then drops off that entirely when other people start arguing.
Gypyx - Mostly inactive. Not a huge amount to go on here, but what's there is decent.
Petrichorus - I stand by what I said up-post here.
Tuxedo Mask - Falls back on not understanding a lot. Right now I think that's honest confusion, but I've flip-flopped on the honesty of that every few posts I've read through.
Enomis - So far fine, not a lot to pull from.
Micc - Currently a big suspicion for me. The lack of concern at Enomis' entry post suggests that he was leaning town on JV before replacement, but he had no interaction or information posted to pull from to get that.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:32 pm

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Good morning. I'll be posting after I have my morning coffee and take care of a few things around the house.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Alright, first off, Petri. I don't want to lynch here today. Typically in newbie games I grill a newbie D1 on and just feel out their reactions, and the reactions others have to the interaction. I can show examples of this in all 3 of my other newbie games on site, if that helps anyone. Basically the idea is that newbies are the most likely to crack under pressure and scum slip, and scum are likely to jump onto newbie pressure wagons. I thought I finally caught Petri slipping in . The slip relies on him knowing that a 'flip' is a player's alignment reveal upon their death. He clarified in his next post,
In post 231, Petrichorus wrote:Can I just check I'm using the term 'flipping' appropriately? I used the word flipping to describe changing my vote. I struggle to see which part of this implies that I know 72o is town. If you could elaborate I would be more than happy to go into more detail.
Essentially, he is yet again able to explain away suspicion on him through a misunderstanding of the jargon and / or basic practices that a lot of forum mafia players take for granted. I do think that explanations that are derived from not being familiar with forum mafia are NAI, and I wish Petri came off as clearly town out of this; however, the fact that he hasn't come out of the exchange as clearly scum - especially when considering the volume of accusations thrown at him not just from me, but other players as well - leads me to believe that he's not scum. I am still worried that he seems highly concerned with how other players perceive him, but he's also been under constant attack the entire game.

There's also the reason I wanted to wait for BV and JV's replacement to contribute. This is a setup where a scum lynch D1 can be a mechanical loss for scum. I wanted to see how the inactives viewed the wagon, because I simply don't see a world where nobody defends Petri if he's scum. I thought I found this in BV's , but he says in that he is still scumreading Petri. Then enomis comes in and in , is also scum on Petri. Lynching Petri doesn't feel right. I want to look back at the push and see who kinda just prodded it along without contributing to it. This is also why I wanted to wait for Tux to respond to Petri's . I haven't looked deeply into Tux's , so I don't have a reaction to it yet, but it's on my to-do list for this sitting.

We have 3 and a half days left. It's time to start coalescing towards a lynch. I don't want to end up having a wagon fall apart at the last minute and be forced into a flash wagon on the last day. I'm going to be around doing rereads and building my thoughts for the next few hours, so feel free to ask me questions if you have any.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:52 pm

Post by LuckyLuciano »

@Petri, I also meant to ask in that last post, I'm looking for more content from you that isn't a defense of yourself. Is 72o still your primary focus? What are your thoughts on the other players and the different pushes made so far, both against you and against others?

Speaking of 72o, where the hell has he been?
@Karnage, 72o has been absent long enough for a prod.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:43 pm

Post by LuckyLuciano »

On BV, he's my preferred lynch at this point.

His catch-up occurs in , and my initial concerns are outlined in . I don't immediately vote BV because I'm still waiting on JV's replacement to react to the Petri push. In retrospect, after the BV unvote on Petri I probably should have voted Petri in order to provide more tangible pressure in order to motivate potential scum partners to defend Petri, but it was a weird situation and there's no changing it now. Let's fast forward to BV's most recent post, . I'm going to be quoting snippets from and analyzing them with reference to because it is littered with inconsistencies. For sake of space I'm directly quoting things I find suspect, it would help to keep and open in separate tabs to see exactly where these quotes fall in the post and what they are responding to.

---

Spoiler: BV on Petri
In post 276, bv310 wrote:2) Unvoting a scum-lean to vote for a different scum-lean is not in any way sketchy. The fact that there wasn't any momentum on my read means I can watch that spot for later.
In post 276, bv310 wrote:2) My scum-read on Petri came around post 111. He uses reference to a reputation that we can never check into as a way to try and discount a bad opinion. Even if that's true, it's not an actionable piece of information. To me, that looked suspicious, and was worth keeping my vote parked.

3) Honestly, it kind of didn't, but I was looking at the current in the game and it seemed like no one was interested in continuing there. At that point in the game (page 7 or so), we have plenty of time to look at the opinions after a flip to see if those opinions look better or worse.
There are two things at play here. First, he is saying there is no momentum in the Petri wagon, therefore it's not worth voting there. At the time of his unvote the wagon was at 3/5, with me declaring that I only unvoted at the time to prevent an accidental hammer because of an inaccurate VC. Essentially, the wagon was at 4/5. There could not be any more momentum against Petri without somebody declaring intent to hammer.

Second, BV explicitly stated in that he wasn't as sold on his Petri read, yet in says that his read never degraded. There's a fundamental difference between viewing a wagon as dead and not being as sold that somebody is scum.

---

Spoiler: BV's interaction with fwog
In post 276, bv310 wrote:
In post 236, fwogcarf wrote:hot take there's a scum in Micc/Luciano
I believe this is correct.
fwog's read here is, to be frank, hot garbage. I think fwog knows this because after enomis points it out in fwog acknowledges that he messed up in . The question is, does BV see that this read is bad, or no? Given that he's experienced, I'd lean towards no. I'm not sure how much I pull from how I think BV sees the read, but I do think that there is large scum equity in agreeing with fwog here. Scum like to encourage town to lynch other townies, because then that town player becomes a mislynch target later on. I see town!BV going into more depth explaining why he believes fwog is correct rather than this shit where he continues to try to get fwog to tunnel either Micc or myself,
In post 276, bv310 wrote:Your point on the Luc/Micc interaction is valid and worth looking in to. Do you think their suspicion on me is questionable, or is it the immediate agreement that concerns you? Why does lynching me provide better information than one of them?
I think it makes even more sense as scum to want fwog in particular to tunnel town given that he's alright indicated an inclination to tunnel in general ().

---

Spoiler: BV on his approach to the game
In post 276, bv310 wrote:1) Yes. I've been following but lurking because I don't believe posting 20-odd one-liners is needed when there's already others taking that role. I feel comfortable right now looking at interactions and trying to spot inconsistencies.
This, quite indisputably, contradicts the strategy proposed in ,
In post 194, bv310 wrote:One of my favourite early game strategies is to look at people in ISO to look for lots of posting without content. Right now, most people have provided information-gathering, answered larger questions, given opinions, that kind of thing. The only people excluded are Fwog, JV, and myself, and JV has decided to replace out. To me, that leaves one good option for digging in to. Fwog, your vote is currently parked on Mask. Do you still think he's a good choice for voting? Why/Why Not? If you were voting elsewhere, who would be a reasonable option in your opinion?
194 posts in, he admits that most players have had meaningful reactions, and he analyzed
none of them

---

Spoiler: Other Stuff
In post 276, bv310 wrote:So, it's worth noting that the exact same thing that kicked off Micc's suspicion of me (a short catch-up post that doesn't show enough content) is the same thing that Enomis brought into this as his game catchup. Look at the difference in reaction from micc.
I'm actually okay with this line of questioning, and I think it deserves a response from Micc. I can see the explanation going both ways. I'd rather wait for Micc to respond himself before giving my take on this.
In post 276, bv310 wrote:Fwogcarf - A whole pile of easy town-ish content. Takes 60 ISO posts in the thread before he posts anything serious. After being called on that, he flips into actual useful content and detail.
LuckyLuciano - Comes in decent and holds there. His and Micc's alignment on me is very quick, but also doesn't come with a vote on me. Why not?
72offsuit - The opposite of Fwog for me. Comes in early with reads and details, then drops off that entirely when other people start arguing.
Gypyx - Mostly inactive. Not a huge amount to go on here, but what's there is decent.
Petrichorus - I stand by what I said up-post here.
Tuxedo Mask - Falls back on not understanding a lot. Right now I think that's honest confusion, but I've flip-flopped on the honesty of that every few posts I've read through.
Enomis - So far fine, not a lot to pull from.
Micc - Currently a big suspicion for me. The lack of concern at Enomis' entry post suggests that he was leaning town on JV before replacement, but he had no interaction or information posted to pull from to get that.
A few assorted thoughts on this, fwog is townish and Micc is a big suspicion, but BV's vote remains on fwog. Also, if BV truly buys fwog's 'mind-meld' read, why is enomis "fine so far" and not equally suspect for ?

---

VOTE: BV
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:50 pm

Post by LuckyLuciano »

@Tux, who are your townreads? I get the feeling that you are more inclined to look for scum that to look for town, is this correct? I come to this conclusion because you come across as slightly paranoid.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:54 pm

Post by LuckyLuciano »

@Gypyx, are you going to spend the entire game popping in, promising a post, and disappearing?

@fwog, can I get an update on how your thoughts have changed since .

@enomis, I'm going to need you to expand upon your reads list in . Why are Petri and 72 scummy to you?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 12:11 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 205, 72offsuit wrote:@Gyp: If $1,000,000 bucks was on the line, up for the taking, and all you had to was to choose a solve right here and now, who would you say are the 2 scum?

I'd probably say something like Petri / Bv even though i'm not super confident on this solve
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 12:13 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 209, LuckyLuciano wrote:
In post 183, Gypyx wrote:well, i'm kind of strugguling to gather my thoughts on Petri right now, but i'll try
Disappearing here is sus.
I just wanted to be able to sit down calmly while reading through petri, how is that sus
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 12:16 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 233, fwogcarf wrote:
In post 205, 72offsuit wrote:@Gyp: If $1,000,000 bucks was on the line, up for the taking, and all you had to was to choose a solve right here and now, who would you say are the 2 scum?
what the flip floppity fuck kinda question is this
Tbh i feel the same way about your question, what is the point in what you said about 72's question?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 12:17 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 253, enomis wrote:Hey guys, skimmed through the threads and make some notes.

Town:
Tuxedo seems town to me.[The part where he talks about quarantine being the reason why he tries to skim the thread very often to try to inspect people]
Fwog can be town for now as i grouped some of his interactions with tuxedo,gypsy and 72 as not scumxscum interaction.

Scummy:
BV,Petri

Abit Scummy:

Rest not much read.
Could you explain in more detail your scumReads?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 12:32 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 266, fwogcarf wrote:3. I am still deciding whether I want to put Gypyx or Micc here.
Could you explain how you reached that conclusion that either micc / me should be the 3rd lynch? I don't see you talking about that part
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 1:06 am

Post by Karnage »

Mod Note
72offsuit has been prodded. They have have (expired on 2020-05-02 08:06:17) to post before being replaced.
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 1:07 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

LuckyLuciano
- For the meme value of self-reading.

fwogcarf
- See: . I also like him keeping Gypyx honest in . It reads to me that he is actually trying to extract value from my interaction with Gypyx, also see: . He checks 72o in the same way in . I think his later posts show a desire to bring the day into focus (, ). This also falls in line with how he described his play would look once he started tryharding (). I want to see more of this version of fwog and less of the mid-D1 fwog.
Tuxedo Mask
- See: . He started off strong trying to generate meaningful content. He's fallen off at certain points of the day in terms of energy levels, but he actively pursues Petri in a way that introduces new information. I think scum!Tux is more likely to sheep my concerns with Petri. I also like his mindset from a town perspective. I see there's an air of paranoia when he's agreed with (). I think scum are more likely to welcome being agreed with because it gives them a sense of security. More on that at the bottom of this post.

72offsuit
- See: . I like the general vibe of through . I thought I mentioned this earlier, but I can't find it in my ISO. Both of these are really weak reasons, and I want more from his slot.
enomis
- There's not much from him yet and I want to see more, but I like and . On the former post, I don't think scum reads fwog's mind-meld read and then knowingly does exactly what we are being suspected for doing. On the latter post, I see a lot of scum equity in either supporting fwog's read, or attacking fwog for it. Simply pointing out a flaw in fwog's logic without attaching an accusation to it feels like a missed opportunity from scum!enomis.
Micc
- I like that we both saw BV's catchup the same way. I think it's worthwhile to lean town on people who share your perspective D1, as you know you are coming from a town perspective and building cooperation has yielded better results for me than trying to lone wolf as town. This read is in part held in relation to my scum!BV read. I am still interested in hearing about his response to BV WRT enomis.

Petrichorus
- Solidly null. He doesn't come out as scum after being hard pushed all day. Now I want to observe his play when he doesn't have to defend himself. In other words, he's generated a lot of NAI content and I think there's room for AI content if he's given the chance to offer it.
Gypyx
- Early on in my writing of this post he was
a light green
. There's effort to contribute new ideas and understand other players early on in his play, (, , , , ). I also like that he doesn't acquiesce when pressured and defends his views, (, , , , , , , , , , ). This was weighed against his case against Petri () which felt like non-content when compared to his previous posts as well as his general decline in activity as the day progressed. I think overall things weighed in his favor. My problem, however, comes with his recent posts. introduces BV to his solve which feels like he's just sheeping the flavor of the month wagon, which when paired with his reasoning for voting Petri is a bad look. I also feel that when called to contribute , instead of offering new thoughts like he did earlier, he repeated my question towards enomis (). In other words, he came back and made 6 posts, and I don't like any of them. He has a lot going for him earlier in the game, but there's been a drastic falling-off in reasons to believe he's town somewhere after , and an uptick in reasons to believe he's scum.

bv310
- See my prior posts. I think bv has given plenty of reasons to believe he is scum.

@fwog / Tux, you both have noted that scum!Lucky could be pocketing town!Tux. Tux initially voted for Petri for minor reasons and essentially started his investigation. When I voted Petri I have my own, independent reasons for voting him. Later on Tux provided more reasons to suspect Petri, which at the time I agreed with. This came after I was already pushing Petri. Do you universally find players agreeing with other players scummy? I ask this in part because of fwog's 'mind-meld' read. If the town never agrees with one another, we will never lynch scum and never win. Basically, I'm asking you to look at the motives for player's agreeing or disagreeing with one another rather than the agreement or disagreement itself. Players do all kinds of things on both sides of the aisle, what's more important than the
what
of a player's actions is the
why

I spent a disproportionately large amount of time playing with colors and finding the perfect shades when writing this post...
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 1:08 am

Post by 72offsuit »

Sry, just got prodded, will try post later tonight.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 1:17 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

I think writing that post made me realize the problem I've been having with this game. I feel that the energy levels of different slots either started high and diminished over time, started low and picked up later on, or hasn't been there all game, and it's led to this weird game state where people are trying to solve at different times but it doesn't feel like town has all been present trying to progress the game at the same time. Especially with how I now feel about Petri's slot, it just doesn't feel like scum has been put in a position where they have to be proactive. It also explains why the moment scum does make a move (bv), it stands out to clearly.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 1:28 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 289, LuckyLuciano wrote:Gypyx - Early on in my writing of this post he was a light green. There's effort to contribute new ideas and understand other players early on in his play, (47, 72, 88, 124, 164). I also like that he doesn't acquiesce when pressured and defends his views, (88, 99, 123, 125, 127, 130, 163, 168, 173, 177, 180). This was weighed against his case against Petri (202) which felt like non-content when compared to his previous posts as well as his general decline in activity as the day progressed. I think overall things weighed in his favor. My problem, however, comes with his recent posts. 283 introduces BV to his solve which feels like he's just sheeping the flavor of the month wagon
i'm not, the reason for metionning bv in my solve is that, while petri and 72 are my 2 highest scumreads right now, i don't really see them being scum together, therefore i'd see the second scum between the less active peoples, and out of all of them, bv is the one I susp the most
, which when paired with his reasoning for voting Petri
you don't explain that part, where is the problem with me voting petri?
is a bad look. I also feel that when called to contribute 282, instead of offering new thoughts like he did earlier, he repeated my question towards enomis
well, sorry about that but I posted my messages as I was reading through what i've missed, so when I posted my question, i wasn't aware yet that you had already posted something similar
(286). In other words, he came back and made 6 posts, and I don't like any of them. He has a lot going for him earlier in the game, but there's been a drastic falling-off in reasons to believe he's town somewhere after 180, and an uptick in reasons to believe he's scum.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 1:33 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

I'm going to respond to that in order,

(1a) Remind me why 72o and Petri can't be scum together, from your perspective.
(1b) Why, from your perspective, is bv scummy?
(2) I said earlier in the post you quoted, I don't see any real content in your reasons to vote Petri. Compared to your earlier posts, there's less independent thought and more sheeping going on here.
(3) A fair explanation, but I'd be lying if I said I don't find it oddly coincidental.

Also, can you give me an update on who you think is town, and why?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 2:08 am

Post by Gypyx »

1a : Petri has been accusing 72, and it even was one of the few times where he didn't seems that friendly while talking to someone else, but also, he has always done it mixed up with the rest of his argument so if it was scum deliberately distancing each other, i'm pretty sure Petri would have made his accusations more obvious
and 72's reaction on those accusation doesn't really match for me the reaction of a scum wanting to distanciate himself from his scumbuddy, like, he barely even acknowledges Petri's accusation () is the only time where 72 really goes in conflict with petri
so therefore i find the way Petri and 72 interacted quite illogical if they were scum

1b : before only had sorta meaningful content, and it is quite unimportant content
then he doesn't post anything for about 100 posts, and when he gets back he doesn't apologize or mention the fact that he's been offline for long, it kinda feels like scum lurking to me
after that in post 194 he first mentions his scum read on petri, which we never learnt about before, and assuming that petri and him are maf, it would be a very logical thing to do
(and wow, just realized now that all of that has been said already)
and also, he says he got susp of petri in 111 but if that's the case, why wouldn't he confront him about that

2: i explained my reasons in i personally think those are enough to vote him (and I add the fact that those were only specific points, taken from his posts that i don't like overall) plus my vote previously parked on 72, not doing anything, so I thought it might be better if i made it more active

3: i
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 2:08 am

Post by Gypyx »

fuck
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 2:16 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

@Gypyx,

On Petri, if you believe that Petri's friendliness towards players in the game is a deliberate attempt to get on their good side, shouldn't his lack of friendliness towards 72o indicate that he doesn't care about getting on 72o's good side? Why is that?

On BV, now that you have worked through your BV read more clearly, do you still believe that 72o and Petri are the most likely scum, or does BV now take that spot? You also seem to value associative reads, so while I don't like them very much D1, and given that your take for scum seems to be {bv, 72o or Petri}, who between 72o and Petri is more likely to be bv's partner? Feel free to tell me if I'm misunderstanding you and your approach to the game here.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 2:23 am

Post by Gypyx »

3: i agree that this is a pretty big coincidence but, that point seemed very natural to me, i just posted that as I thought about it and then, I don't see how me making the same point as someone else is a scumtell

then for who's town i'd say something like

Gypyx
self listing ftw

tuxedo
his content strikes me as really towny, it really feels like there's a line of thoughts behind his posts, and overall, i don't find much to question about his posts

Lucky
I feel that you had opportunities for good scum plays, but you deliberatly chose not to take those, even when you totally could have got away with it

fwog
while he sometimes makes weird posts, he seems relaxed and his posts are quite disorganized, i don't think he's following an agenda if you see what i mean
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 2:27 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

It's not that making the same point as someone is a scumtell. It's that your questioning of enomis (if I have to look up how your name is spelled one more time you are going to be called Emo for the rest of the game), doesn't feel organic, at least not compared to your earlier posts. It's more of a ping than a tell. It's the sheer number of pings that came all at the same time that has me worried.

Can you explain where you feel I had opportunities for good scum plays? I don't remember you really talking about your reads on me much earlier. What's the context behind this one.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 2:33 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 296, LuckyLuciano wrote:@Gypyx,

On Petri, if you believe that Petri's friendliness towards players in the game is a deliberate attempt to get on their good side, shouldn't his lack of friendliness towards 72o indicate that he doesn't care about getting on 72o's good side? Why is that?

On BV, now that you have worked through your BV read more clearly, do you still believe that 72o and Petri are the most likely scum, or does BV now take that spot? You also seem to value associative reads, so while I don't like them very much D1, and given that your take for scum seems to be {bv, 72o or Petri}, who between 72o and Petri is more likely to be bv's partner? Feel free to tell me if I'm misunderstanding you and your approach to the game here.
tbh that a very intersting way to put things about petri, i don't think that's enough to dismiss the theory about Petri # 72, as there are other points such as 72's lack of reaction to Petri, but it's worth keeping in mind

BV still isn't in the most likely scums, but his position is very unstable right now, i'm waiting to see what he posts next to really assert my opinion, and then, I think that petri is the most likely partner for BV, as he immediatly took off his vote on petri upon getting back in the game / maybe realizing that he was close to being lynched, and that he said he stopped suspecting Petri, without really taking any time to explain why

and no, i think you summarized pretty well how i try to play the game, i like to try to make associative reads to see if a scumteam seems realistic or not

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”