Black Hole Defection
Goon
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3750 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Black Hole Defection »

In post 3744, Feminist Blocc wrote:
In post 3717, John Cena wrote:Also I think it is now mechanically confirmed boon lied about his commuter claim so he can realclaim today or eat rope
also why is this a thing?

-D
CO John Cena said CO DeathRowKitty could only leave the battle if every single CO had played a wargame or had been targeted. CO DeathRowKitty has left the battle. CO Flavor Leaf did not play any wargames. Someone targeted him, even though CO Power Commute avoids every power.

I don't get the idea of requesting a new lie from Tag Team Flavortown in exchange for their life. Tag it and bag it. VOTE: Flavortown

The wreckage hasn't changed my mind about CO Blake's loyalties. It's possible the entire team is low-impact COs, I won't trip on gambler's fallacy, but if a highly mobile CO is serving Black Hole, I think it is most likely CO Blake.
The wreckage does finally push me into giving in more on Hawke's opinion of Tag Team Searchers though. They took little to no action to sculpt day 2 in favor of Black Hole if they are part of Black Hole.

Hachi's shop is fresh and new today. Over time, it has seemed to show that Hachi's shop will generally only provide weapons, walkie talkies, and junk. The weapons benefit Black Hole the most. I propose that today we order everyone who has enough funds to join the VIP room, so it's more likely that they won't have the funds to purchase weaponry tomorrow. Anyone guaranteed to be Orange Star could be exempted. If we agree together this is a patriotic policy, both Black Hole and Orange Star will have fewer weapons tomorrow, making it hard to flip the edge we have.

Also, we could teach Hawke how to party.
"We've drained so much of the planet's energy that
it's turning into a wasteland. What's the point?
Is this prize worth dying for? Is this a noble end?"
"What's the big deal? We can always just fix it later. Right?"
John Cena
John Cena
Townie
John Cena
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3751 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:19 am

Post by John Cena »

pops, did you think DEB was claiming an inno or a guilty on you yesterday?
John Cena
John Cena
Townie
John Cena
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3752 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:23 am

Post by John Cena »

@Mod
if hammer occurs during event phase does the hammer resolve at the end of the events phase or can people unvote during the events phase to prevent the hammer?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #3753 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Isis »

I was confident CO Easy Bake had neither such news about me. I'd prefer keep the reason why vague, but I will offer that much, since I'd say this is already a "target-rich environment" and I think the action pattern from CO Easy Bake shows he is a very high quality artillery target for today compared to other COs that might draw that fire.
Black Hole Defection
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3754 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Black Hole Defection »

I was confident CO Easy Bake had neither such news about me. I'd prefer keep the reason why vague, but I will offer that much, since I'd say this is already a "target-rich environment" and I think the action pattern from CO Easy Bake shows he is a very high quality artillery target for today compared to other COs that might draw that fire.
"We've drained so much of the planet's energy that
it's turning into a wasteland. What's the point?
Is this prize worth dying for? Is this a noble end?"
"What's the big deal? We can always just fix it later. Right?"
Fahrenheit
Fahrenheit
Townie
Fahrenheit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3755 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Fahrenheit »

In post 3746, John Cena wrote:
In post 3745, Fahrenheit wrote:Mafia dying there with 4 votes indicates an incompetent and/or completely afk team.
I mean you say this, but you being around would not have meant that you alone would have been able to shift wagons off Titus, if your other partner was AFK then you at most could have tied the Titus wagon on Searchers which still results in a Titus flip and then also spews Searchers town even more heavily (if they are town and you are scum).

Beyond that, my concern is that your PoE looks scummy:
I need to reread Damocles, their town in PT has been hyper-town, I don't think they did a great job pushing actual flipped scum but that happens sometimes. I think beyond that their PoE has been good and they've found a lot of actual town.

Checkmate is a read you're welcome to expand on but I kinda want to think Alyssa would have actually scumclaimed to me when I claimed 3P in our PT. Maybe not, her reads have been a little below average this game kinda so I can kinda see her being PoE'd for people who haven't pre-flipped me town, but if you do pre-flip me town then you realize she was white-knighting me hard day 1 which would be surprising for scum Alyssa when doing so did not really get her townread

And then frankly George and Latios just look like lynchbait. Gamma gets scumread in every game ever, I kinda thought he was town day 1 and he's been absent since so he ~could~ be scum but he's usually just town here, and George seemed to desperately want to be in a PT and then was disappointed he wasn't which seems kinda weird if he's scum. Also, whether he lives or dies is basically up to cappy since they can just sell him ~whenever~, and probably? should soon unless George gets much townier

And then you have Flavor, with the scummy cop claim that went unexplained and the scummy commuter claim from Boon. So I don't mind lynching that slot when DEB seems to just refuse to explain his claim in a way that makes sense. So they can be scum, but you need a second scum after scum Boon and right now I don't see another scum outside scum boon other than you
Actually, yes, Titus was 1 vote away from living, and it is confirmed at least 1 scum (Foxy) was not voting that counterwagon...

The PoE is not "these people are scum". It is the rest of the people are different degrees of pretty strong town, and these are the leftovers. I don't even know what you're talking about in most of this post, I don't know what you're not getting about me not having read this game. I don't know what Flavor cop claim, or you being in a hood with Alyssa, or whatever else. Lati@s has not even posted anything I remember since subbing in. George did not feel townie, though a couple things slightly point to it such as scum trying to get him "sold" (vigged?). I don't know what hypertown stuff Damocles did in the hood, but Nacho and Tammy are both players that dislike scum which is slightly indicative, and I thought lightning rod edged out a little bit townie but that's a small point. Keep in mind Nacho and Tammy are two
very
experienced players and appearing town in PTs is super easy, its why neighborhoods end up being way more scumsided than EV. I don't see how my PoE looks scummy. Flavor isn't incredibly mafia, either, but I think he's a full tier below the rest of my town and is probably scum by PoE, and again, is who I'm leaning into lynching. Alyssa had a few posts I thought were mildly town but has not done anything townie enough to outweigh how good some people look to me on VCA/associations.

Here's a challenge, if you think my PoE is bad: who in my PoE is townier than what player not in my PoE?
John Cena
John Cena
Townie
John Cena
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3756 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 11:27 am

Post by John Cena »

In post 1, Superb Subtlety wrote:> If no majority is achieved by the end of a day phase, the vote will default to the person with the highest amount of votes.
I'm pretty sure that most plurality setups rule that if two wagons are tied at EoD that the wagon that reached the threshold of tie first is the one that is lynched but
@mod
please confirm what happens if two wagons are tied at EoD without hammer?
John Cena
John Cena
Townie
John Cena
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3757 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 11:31 am

Post by John Cena »

In post 3755, Fahrenheit wrote:Nacho and Tammy are two very experienced players and appearing town in PTs is super easy, its why neighborhoods end up being way more scumsided than EV.
sure but why would they focus so much on discussing their reads in the PT with me, and moreover *with EACH OTHER*, rather than in the thread? If the whole point was to garner towncred, why spend such a significant part of the PT talking to each other and respond to each other's points? Idk it just felt really strongly that when I created a PT for them, *that was the first PT they had bothered to have created related to this game* because it really felt like it was basically like they had both just started playing when that happened.

The main problem with your PoE is that you're not in it :P That might seem flippant but looking around the game, almost any slot compared to your slot has done townier things than your slot this game.
The Searchers
The Searchers
Goon
The Searchers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3758 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 11:40 am

Post by The Searchers »

once we get rid of scum Flavortown I want to look into Latias and Latios next. I find their disappearance yesterday with two scum wagons to be extremely incriminating.

SC
Hydra of SirCakez and Ircher.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3759 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Alisae »

hi events will start tomorrow I am not running events on no sleep when im trying to reset sorry for the inconvenience
GTKAS
| here.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3760 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 3759, Alisae wrote:hi events will start tomorrow I am not running events on no sleep when im trying to reset sorry for the inconvenience
Pretty much this for me as well

I woke up after 11pm
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
John Cena
John Cena
Townie
John Cena
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3761 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by John Cena »

Organizing posts that I want to remember or reference
In post 3740, Feminist Blocc wrote:
hello friends, this is an important post so please read it.

yesterday, i made the mistake of trusting pine enough to roleclaim in our "hood". now that foxy has flipped red, meaning scum is aware of our roles, i don't think there's any benefit in hiding our roles from the town.

ausuka is a special neighbourizer, better described as a Kidnapper. once a night, she can add ("kidnap") an individual hydra head into a "hood", flavour-wise it's an alternate dimension. while in that dimension (other than obviously being able to privately communicate), players cannot target anyone outside that dimension (meaning, they are effectively roleblocked for anyone not part of the hood), however they also cannot be targeted by anyone outside of the dimension (effectively they are commuting for anyone not inside the hood).

also, pine's flip was supposed to be janitored, because he died while he was in the alternate dimension. i think his flip is a mod error, and have contacted alisae about it.

i am the Gatekeeper. once a night, i can release an individual hydra head from the alternate dimension into the real one (or kick them out of the "hood", more precisely.) also, should i have any actions, i am able to target anyone either inside or outside the hood.

on night 1, ausuka kidnapped pine while i obviously did not take an action. last night, i again did nothing, and ausuka successfully kidnapped another hydra head, however considering pine (most likely) isn't leaking information to scum anymore, i am not sure if there is benefit to claiming who it is right now (and the smarter head of this hydra is currently busy so i'm not able to bother her about it at the moment.)

-D
In post 1436, Imperium wrote:TITUS TARGET TAMMY AND NACHO OR IT'S A SCUMCLAIM

town titus loves us too much to pass up on all of this

Some George posts
Spoiler:
In post 3550, Pine wrote:
In post 3542, GeorgeBailey wrote:VOTE: BlakeXYang
Okay that's the second time he's moved onto the wagon with the most momentum and abdicated responsibility for his vote. I'm calling bullshit.

VOTE: George
In post 3191, egospray wrote:VOTE: Equitable Androids

I think I agree with FB that their naked vote on them seemed shady.

-gb
In post 3329, egospray wrote:Alright, i'm sheeping Hectic. It's also possible EA's current vote on Foxy is for distancing, but the flip will probably speak for its self.

VOTE: Unapologetically Foxy

I don't think that Mikoto is a better alternative.

-gb

Gamma/Chemmy posts I notice
Spoiler:
In post 860, Latias and Latios wrote:Goooooooood morning MS!

I've caught up, liking Black Hole/Blake x Yang/Imperium for town

Xof slot is pretty underwhelming for me but I can't lynch xof D1

VOTE: egospray

Haven't really discussed any of this with GE so I'll try to get around to that soon

-Latias
In post 1130, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 899, Unapologetically Foxy wrote:
In post 804, Blake X Yang wrote:Well, let's begin discussion.

1) Why could Titus' entrance come from scum?
2) Is Spiffy's hydra a valid lynch?
3) Do you think that much of Mikoto-Something places too much emphasis on appearing a certain manner?
4) What is one reason to townread Black Hole Defection?
Okay sure, I'll answer these.

1) I mean, anybody's start could be from scum. But Titus is someone I've played a few games with and I'd like to think I can read her by now. Her start seems a little slow for her, but I don't know that it's AI, she seems to actually be busy with things. But she does seem to be holding back a little. That's really the only thing from my perspective. I don't go in for a "oh this person is scum cuz they started by saying/doing x" way of play. I'm always about tone and what brand of defensive people are being, are they lying/hiding something, is what they're doing helping town. So how people start could be absolutely meaningless.

2) With no actual information, isn't everybody? I don't think Spiffy's hydra has given any actual reasons they should be lynched though, and lynching them wouldn't actually give much information to go forward with. I don't know that anyone fits this yet. Most Day 1 lynches really don't from my limited experience.

3) I don't know that I'd say they look like they're going out of their way to have a certain perception, but reading them in isolation, they do have an odd tone that feels performative. Could just be how they're playing their hydra, I couldn't say, I don't have any experience with either head at all. At the same time, I weirdly like them?

4) Their posts have actual content to them. When they're saying anything, they actually link back to things that support their claims or help expand further what it is they mean. They're a hydra that I expect will also continue to give good content that is actually helpful to the town. I just like their logical tone so far. That's a reason enough for me.

I'm still waiting on Pine's opinions on things and to actually catch up, but I hope this kinda gives you a perspective on how I view and think about things?

~xoffy
I like these thoughts, feels very genuine and nuanced

-Latios
In post 1496, Latias and Latios wrote:
THAT DOESN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION

ARE THE SHOP ABILITIES ALL ONE-SHOT????????

-AN ANGRY LATIOS
In post 1575, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 1519, Cappy wrote:This interaction looks so fake lol

- Silver Bullet
I definitely see this

-Latios
In post 1581, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 1547, Disaster Artists wrote:
You have pushed me every time you've been scum iirc

In fact you pushing me for bad reasons is actually a massive alarm for me

-JC
Krazy whipped out this exact line of logic as scum against me in Ali v Pine
So seeing it is a MASSIVE red flag with my knowledge that JC is Krazy

-Latios
In post 1586, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 1583, Disaster Artists wrote:Me saying true things is a red flag?

-JC
You replicating a shitty logic from a past scumgame is a red flag.

-Latios

And while I do scumread you now, I agree with Silver Bullet that you aren't a good lynch rn.
In post 1666, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 1663, Disaster Artists wrote:Gamma if you think you've been townie here you're wrong

You're like burning reasons to townread you down and at this point you have to hope we read chemmy as polarized

If your slot is town its more because of the work he already put in
OH FUCK OFF
First off the problem is not doing a damn thing to interact with me, not the read alone
Second I honestly think my towniness should really have shone the moment I turned on the jets here
Like there's possibly reasons for me to get into this push as scum but there's also me just being town who made a connection that made perfect sense

-Latios
In post 1669, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 1667, Blake X Yang wrote:I don't necessarily need to engage people to get reads on them.

I engage when I can get a read off their response.

-Blake
Okay

But you snubbed my initial query about JC and then buggered off without a further word to me

I just feel like you're refusing to treat me as an equal

-Latios
In post 1679, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 1677, Disaster Artists wrote:You're pissed off because you imagine you were disrespected when what happened was townreads degraded because your push wasn't very townie

Even if you are town, which I think you probably are, you should try to recognize that blake's read of you degrading is not a bad look for her
Yeah I've tried to be clear I'm not scumreading Blake for that at all
I just feel personally affronted.

-Latios
Check and Checkmate
Check and Checkmate
Townie
Check and Checkmate
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3762 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:21 am

Post by Check and Checkmate »

VOTE: Flavor Leaf hydra

-Blake
Fahrenheit
Fahrenheit
Townie
Fahrenheit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3763 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Fahrenheit »

In post 3725, John Cena wrote:I don't know if rest of town has figured it out yet but Fahrenheit is today's lynch. I mean it doesn't go through for three days because events but eddie is definitely getting lynched today. The only way he survives is if boon scumclaims again
This push is oddly aggressive and potentially a bit lazy (scumreading someone over not giving you a solve relatively soon into arriving into quite a confusing game? do your own work) but tbh I appreciate it, it's giving me some energy for this game which I'll try to direct to more useful purposes. I think Eddie's response is pretty adequate. Personally I wouldn't be that apathetic end of day if I had partners to explain wtf is going on in this game and if I had some purpose like keeping my partners from getting lynched.

So I might be rehashing a bit what Eddie has already said since we haven't super discussed yet, I'm just going through my own thought process here.

Equitable Androids died with only 4 votes, with like 15 in play. That's a wee bit sad and suggests scum were not around when Androids vs Searchers had settled.
The Searchers, Feminist Blocc, Black Hole Defection, Hectic were all voting Androids so right now I'm not really interested in lynching there. If Searchers was also scum they and Androids probably could have worked together to get someone else lynched since they were both relatively active and there were bites on other wagons (not even counting Foxy). I don't think they were going for the theatre. Foxy was on a one vote wagon that I think was a bit bigger when they made the vote (hard to tell with votes moving and no vc in between) so it's unlikely to have been a planned bus.

I want to be an optimist that to DArtists wasn't directed at a partner and was more of an expression of frustration.

So that narrows it down to like 5 potential lynches I'm looking at at this point, I think. I need to go to bed now, but tomorrow I'd like to look at those slots more closely at EoD. Also worth checking if any of the Androids voters were voting before they became a more likely lynch and weren't around to change it.

In post 3706, Check and Checkmate wrote:So.

Does anybody have any claims as to how Despair Night died? I believe it's not impossible they died because of their role, and in that case it is worth investigating.

-Blake
I don't see any clear target crumbs towards EoD, but I agree. I'm not sure we'll be able to come up with anything too solid but it's worth looking at.

-Key
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3764 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Superb Subtlety »

Okay, first minigame of the day coming up

It'll be 6 players and no penalty
Alisae and jjh927 do the hydra thing!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3765 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Something_Smart »

/in

Did I do right
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Sword of Damocles
Sword of Damocles
Goon
Sword of Damocles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3766 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Sword of Damocles »

How could Despair Night have died by their role? Insomnia's power would only kill that head, and couldn't be used unless Junko was dead anyway.

-Smart
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3767 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Datisi »

/in if it starts at least an hour from now
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3768 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Oh that night 1 claim, hydra targeted Black Hole Defection, and no movement was detected. We found out later we could only target heads of hydras.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3769 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also, y’all just bad if you ever think this is a scum game from me :lol:
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3770 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

The amount of things I recall in this game can be counted on 1 hand, and I wouldn’t even be able to list them
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3771 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

DEB’s actually the commuter, I’m the investigative. I just wanted people to fail a kill on DEB cuz it would be hilarious
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3772 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I like, legit claimed my full role day 1. You guys are easy to fool around with.

Motion detector, i can upgrade to tracker, then i upgrade to combined follower/tracker.

I’m scooby, he’s shaggy.

Together we’re schagedellic baby

But yeah, if any of y’all ever think this is a scum Me, you probably need to rethink how you play mafia
John Cena
John Cena
Townie
John Cena
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3773 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 6:07 am

Post by John Cena »

Wow he actually is scum lol
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3774 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Superb Subtlety »

It's been an hour and I've only got two ins on the minigame

Think I'll give it up for now and try to fit in another at some point while better signposting when I'm gonna run the next ones
Alisae and jjh927 do the hydra thing!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”