Newbie 2003: Earth [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 4:27 am

Post by Datisi »

Official Vote Count 1.01

With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Lynching
enomis
(2): Clemency, Maduisha
Clemency
(1): enomis
Apogee
(1): DkKoba
DkKoba
(1): midwaybear
Maduisha
(1): Apogee

Not Voting
(3): RandaAlzifahri, Ydrasse, Lij00

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-05-15 10:45:00).

Mod notes:
  • RandaAlzifahri and Lij00 have (expired on 2020-05-06 12:30:56) to confirm their role before I start looking for replacements.
[/area]
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Ydrasse »

hi hello. i’m ydrasse and i’m not new to mafia particularly but i am new to playing forum-based games. before i mainly spectated or played in small friend groups in chat-based mafia, which i hated because it moves way too fast.

my favorite role is a weird one but i like the concept of neighborizer a lot. friendship, but you have no choice but to accepted.

VOTE: midwaybear since they have a vote on someone else and not one on them.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:36 am

Post by DkKoba »

Wowee y'all already tryna gamesolve on d1.

Also re: my intentions of the question: it was just a question for new players as an ice breaker, nothing more. Although yes, i am always reading for tone.
@ydrasse ive seen someone with your exact AVI on epicmafia... are you who I'm thinking of?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:39 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 8, enomis wrote:Hey Guys.

VOTE: clemency

People who vote me are all scums.

--------------------------------------

A helpful link if you need:
What common abbreviations means.

And some general advice that I shamelessly copy from this thread

1. Don't self vote. (there are really no points during a Newbie setup where this is a good idea, please avoid it however logical you may think it is)
2. This site frowns on lying if you are a vanilla town role. I strongly advise against lying if you have this role as usually it will only hurt town in the end.
3. It's a game - have fun.

We are now starting what is known as the RVS (random voting stage). We are in a low information period because scum already know who they are, and even have a rough idea of what power roles may or may not be in the game. It is now town's job to root them out. Because the start of the game leaves us with no information to start with generally the way to start is to begin voting and questioning other people to see if you can catch them doing something scummy (scummy actions being acts that a scum player is more likely to do then a town player).
Lying can work! Just dont fakeclaim roles that aren't yours :p
I am going to shift a slightly more serious vote onto you for trying to farm town points via mechposting
VOTE: enomis
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 9:23 am

Post by DkKoba »

Im home from work. Emomis is at l-2 btw
retired
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Clemency »

UNVOTE:
i think other slots are higher priority to push rn
i'd pick one if i wasnt walking home atm
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 10:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 30, Clemency wrote:UNVOTE:
i think other slots are higher priority to push rn
i'd pick one if i wasnt walking home atm
why
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 10:07 am

Post by DkKoba »

what makes u townread emonis right now clemency. your unvote is stalling what can be a good early alignment telling push.
retired
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Clemency »

i dont
i'd simply rather push a newbie slot than an SE since they're more likely to slip up or let on more than they should

i prefer taking the path of least resistance
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 10:26 am

Post by midwaybear »

clemency how do you respond to post 14?
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Clemency »

i think it doesnt have enough merit to warrant an answer and frankly it hurts my feelings
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Ydrasse »

@dkkoba i'm not the person you're thinking of from epicmafia even if i am an old user from there. i just got this icon for trawling around for something aesthetic for a bit. :<

also, in regards to post 28, @everyone: is mechposting as bad in games like this? like, newer ones where people will genuinely benefit from the information if they've not played yet. i can see why it's pretty fillery in a more experienced table but i don't see it as bad in one like this where people might benefit, and i don't know if people disagree with that. for me personally it seems ultimately null.

the only way i could see it being farmy now is that newer players will wanna flock to people who seem to have good intentions/people who are helpful, but even then it seems prone to being called out (as it happened here) quickly enough that it'd be silly to expect it to be some gambit.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 11:58 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 33, Clemency wrote:i dont
i'd simply rather push a newbie slot than an SE since they're more likely to slip up or let on more than they should

yikes. this is a scummy reason.
retired
Cycle Men
Cycle Men
Goon
Cycle Men
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Cycle Men »

In post 37, DkKoba wrote:
In post 33, Clemency wrote:i dont

yikes. this is a scummy reason.
like, zoinks, this is a scummy post
Cycle Men
Cycle Men
Goon
Cycle Men
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Cycle Men »

oh for gods sake
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 17, Apogee wrote:Hi! I'm Apogee, and this is my first game of online mafia. In person, I like to play town cop or neutrals the most. Since I've only played in person, I figure I have a bunch to learn regarding online scumreading, which I figure is pretty different than in-person where you can analyze body language more.

VOTE: Maduisha for being first poster with no votes

Other question: in-person, we always played night one before day one. Whats the rationale for doing it d1 first? Just seems like there is awfully little to go off of. Is it for balance? Fun (it does suck to be nked before you have a chance to talk)? The chance to figure out some brilliant deduction?
Forum mafia prefers daystart so everyone has a chance to play, and setups are balanced around that.

also I sense a pure energy from you so far from posts.
+1 townlean
retired
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Clemency »

i am so bad with my alts
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by DkKoba »

so you're just gonna "no u" me?
retired
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by Clemency »

if you have nothing of value to say i wont either
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Clemency »

i want you to realise the pointlessness of making a quote post that says nothing but "this is scummy" with no reasoning behind it
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by Clemency »

you could do that with literally any type of post
step 1: ask question
step 2: get answer
step 3: jeepers guys, this is bad
step 4: rake in the misdirection
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by midwaybear »

who is cycle guy
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Clemency »

In post 32, DkKoba wrote:what makes u townread emonis right now clemency. your unvote is stalling what can be a good early alignment telling push.
this also comes off as awful accusative considering we're talking about the first wagon of the game maybe 1 real time day in? nobody's gonna crack and fold this early on unless they're brand new to the game

it feels more like you're trying to latch on to a loose end for town points than legitimately trying to shake alignment indicative play out of people
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Clemency »

In post 46, midwaybear wrote:who is cycle guy
thats me sorry
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Clemency »

smell ya later its 2:30am imma sleep

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”