Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 371, Auro wrote:
In post 310, 50 Judge Powers wrote:
In post 26, Auro wrote:I think Elements may be scum but I'm not so sure I should be voting there.. ?? what do you guys think
Why?
This was a reaction test. Someone said they found someone else scummy but weren't sure of voting, and Miss Lynch pushed them over it. So I mimicked that behaviour to see if ML would consistently react to it, which she did.
This is a pretty deep play for this early in the game. props.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by Auro »

Strong townreads are: {Mastina, ETL, Miss Lynch, Nero Cain}
Nero is sheep read of Mastina.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by davesaz »

Pausing at the bottom of 24 to say that I got really confused for a bit there because I thought Miss Lynch is an Elements alt, and wondered what on earth was going on.
Then I realized ML is an Enter alt, not Elements. Makes a whole lot more sense that way lol.

Pedit: I know damn well it didn't take that long to write this. 5 new posts.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Auro »

VOTE: Elements
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 676, Auro wrote:Strong townreads are: {Mastina, ETL, Miss Lynch, Nero Cain}
Nero is sheep read of Mastina.
I like your ISO quite a bit.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Auro »

:3 anyone else you think I should be strongly townreading?
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Hasn't Hoctac been obvtown so far?
not yet sentient
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 680, Auro wrote::3 anyone else you think I should be strongly townreading?
Well I'm not really sure why you were putting pressure on me when I am obvtown, but beyond that I don't really have any problems with your reads.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 681, Hoctac wrote:Hasn't Hoctac been obvtown so far?
Maybe null town. But that is about it.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 14, Miss Lane wrote:I actually recognize more of this player list than I originally thought.

Nero, are you related to Eddie Came in any way?

VOTE: EspeciallyTheLies
Time out.

Is this serious?

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by davesaz »

I don't agree with mastina about townbinning people off just a couple posts. That's far too dangerous. Even 10-20 can be too few.

Being that willing to put that much detail out there for TRs could be coming from town. Scum would be going out on a limb in a normal game. In a basically cult game though, TRs aren't going to be static anyway so it would be less of a risk to do that.

I don't like the self meta. Admittedly I do tend to say that people who know me should town read me, but I don't try to raise it to near trust tell levels of confidence.

Actually I'm going to say it again. There is much less value in finding town reads this game. The goal has to be nailing scum and noticing the subtle changes that come from being infected.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by davesaz »

Actually I wonder if scum strategy would be to form a townblock and subvert it.
Being able to infect the universal TRs would be a great strategy.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Auro »

Please infect Dave
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 686, davesaz wrote:Actually I wonder if scum strategy would be to form a townblock and subvert it.
VOTE: mastina

Good night.

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 686, davesaz wrote:Actually I wonder if scum strategy would be to form a townblock and subvert it.
I’m taking this as regular scum hunting strat for d1 and then once you get a baseline D2 and onward I can compare. I don’t Know how to deal with alignment switches so I’m not gonna worry about it until tomorrow
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

I really like auro in the last several pages.
Art is cool.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 689, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I don’t Know how to deal with alignment switches so I’m not gonna worry about it until tomorrow
I think it's critical to know whether infected become aware of who other infected and/or mafia are, or if they just know they're infected.
I don't remember if the 1st page said anything about this. I think it's too close to bedtime to try to grok it right now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

As someone that normally finds Mastina scummy, I rather not lynch her today. OFC the inverse of that argument is that I don't want to have to worry about an infected Mastina (if I'm right that she's town) and lynching her would alleviate that.

this has been a hard skimming Nero Cain
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 676, Auro wrote:Nero is sheep read of Mastina.
ok, so in that mini normal that we just played in. Luna Fox was hard town reading me based on meta and you were hard town reading her. Now ofc she was scum that actually knew I was town but that's irrelevant I think...

What I asking is why is there such a difference between the two games?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by 50 Judge Powers »

In post 592, mastina wrote:Almost50's content this game more or less feels like it's all out of balance from where it feels it should be. A level of seriousness, mixed with a level of inactivity. If Almost50 were town, I'd expect either the seriousness to be accompanied by a slough of posts, or for there to be inactivity accompanied by a ton of lighthearted jokiness. The splitting the difference, half of one half of the other, feels like it is more likely to come from scum than town.
I think I want to print that and put on the wall, so I can look at it when I need a good laugh. Still not voting you today because I feel like people have been eager to lynch/kill you for no reason in your recent games (the ones that I saw), so I want you to live till like D3 and then reevaluate.
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
a flirt :P
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 10:05 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 687, Auro wrote:Please infect Dave
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 10:06 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

Also hard skimming. I am currently sheeping Nero, Flavor Leaf, and myself, depending on my mood at the current moment.
Checking everything quickly before I leave for >26 hours
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 1:15 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 607, Quick wrote:
In post 602, farside22 wrote:
In post 596, Quick wrote:
In post 595, Nero Cain wrote:What weird roles?
Hoctac and 5G Tower. But I could be wrong.
Why do you thin they have weird roles? All i see is weird personalities.

Town read on mastina
I think it was 5G that voted like 6 times in one post. They both operate similarly and both have similar avatars and both accounts created in mid-late April.
I just thought that was a joke.

In post 617, 5G Tower wrote:
In post 614, Quick wrote:
In post 613, 5G Tower wrote:
In post 552, Aristophanes wrote:No Lynch and Miss Lynch are players!?!? Lmfao

Also kudos to 5g towers! That shit's funny :] :lol: :lol:
Oh how I love my fans!
Do you have any reads? :cop:
I can politely point you to my big ass post that came right before you got in:
In post 522, 5G Tower wrote:
zzz...SupPeeps.jpg...zzz

Spoiler:
In post 24, Auro wrote: Let's just infect each other :3
I couldn't have said it better myself!
I want to give every one in the world my 5Gs.
My Gratitude, Generosity, Gifts, Grace, and of course Gravy. I make a mean Pepper Gravy.
zzz...Global Genocide...zzz

Now, onto my reading of the game.
EspeciallyTheLies was giving me hard WIFOM vibes in the beginning.
The mod question felt contrived as a way to get town sympathy.
Then they got oddly aggressive. No thanks.

I've got a bad feeling about Vecna, can't really place it. Dude just is giving me the heeby-jeebies.

Jeez, ETL's anger is tiring.

Lol who uses capitals to emphasize their text? it honestly makes me not wanna read it. So
zzz...Global Genocide...zzz
I won't.
In post 136, Flavor Leaf wrote:Bermuda bahama come on pretty mama
I've got a cousin in Bermuda, they're doing great work for the fight!

No łynch wrote:Sorry, no one here knows the 5G conspiracy. I have already tested it.
In post 149, Null Vote wrote:VOTE: 5G
I am disappointed that none voted this. Don't you know what is the main cause of covid-2019?
You weren't kidding. These sheep have no idea how big of a threat I am!
VOTE: 5G Tower
In post 163, Miss Lane wrote: I highly recommend Community. It recently hit Netflix and is a particularly good show, IMO.
Can't just ignore Community love, one of the best!
zzz...Pop Pop...zzz

OMG, ETL's sarcastic reaction to the toxicity. Ew. Then an apology. Ew. Pick a side.
In post 262, Miss Lane wrote:VOTE: No lynch

His name and avatar stir a wave of anger deep within me to boiling.
I know this feeling all too well.

Fuck, this is disappointing, they're town.
UNVOTE: EspeciallyTheLies

I don't like the Hoctac wagon.
VOTE: Hoctac

I am not open to lynching No Lynch.
Oh and I will not do a no lynch.
zzz...Power Growing...zzz

Down for Mastina wagon possibly
Why?

And I woke up, came to the computer. I need coffee and I think I'm going to do what I did with another game and make a list. I am getting lost with the amount of players in this game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Null Vote
Null Vote
Goon
Null Vote
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 2:19 am

Post by Null Vote »

Spoiler:
In post 592, mastina wrote:
In post 503, Elements wrote:why are you obvtown?
Well. For multiple reasons.
I am exuding the aura of townness I normally do, and very very strongly so.
My energy for this game
hasn't
faded (yet, at least), whereas as scum my energy can and does fade very very very rapidly.
I have a unique presence that is something I can't manage as scum.

My scumgame has very very very obviously atrophied to the point of not being great and there are multiple games in Coney Island where this lack of skill at playing scum has shown itself rather prominently. (Granted, yes, there are extenuating circumstances, excuses which "justify" the lack of performance, but you can only make so many excuses before facing the facts that I just cannot put my heart into scum right now and just am not in any way a good, active scum player.)

My towngames have a unique aura where I just...radiate a level of townness to me. Sometimes it's subtle; in Doubles Mafia, for instance, it was subtle enough that I understood why I wasn't instantly being townread because the aura that game was different from my normal town aura. (I could still tell I was radiating a town aura, but I could also tell it was a different town aura from my normal town aura.) This game though that town aura is stronger than it's been in any other game this year.

The content I have given thusfar has already shown a level of whimsy to it that I can't create as scum, where there's a level of spontaneity to it which is utterly absent from my scumgame. I just instantly went with the flow, just went with what felt right, just went with my feelings, in a way I am incapable of doing as scum, where things clearly had no plan to them (whereas when scum I am always stunted and stilted by having a plan).

There's a nuance to my reads where I have shown my thoughts in a way that as scum I can't replicate.

All in all, the question isn't why I am obvtown; it's why in mod's name I
wouldn't
be obvtown, and there is, quite literally, no reason, because this is thoroughly my towngame and absolutely not my scumgame.

The closest reason there would be to me not being obvtown would be that I am making posts like this rather than posts where I further scumreads on slots--but
even that point isn't valid
, because I already
have
furthered my reads and am more or less posting this because I can and feel like it, because I already did what I need to.

Like.
In post 421, mastina wrote:Nero Cain
No łynch

Miss Lynch
Hoctac

Auro
Vecna
Flavor Leaf

Tchill13

farside22

momo
5G Tower
Jake the Wolfie
davesaz
Odelschwanck
Allan90

Saudade
50 Judge Powers

Elements
Alchemist21

EspeciallyTheLies

Approximately: locktown of locktown; strong town; townreads; weaker townreads; townleans; utter nulls; scumleans; weakish (but not weaker) scumreads; scumread.
Nero Cain is the locktown of locktowns because this is Nero's towngame through and through. His alignment is pretty much always transparent and this game is no exception; anyone even remotely familiar with him will be able to tell that he is instantly insanely town.

No Lynch claimed a role that I believe to be a real role that I don't think scum would fakeclaim (and, inherent to its nature, can't be a scum realclaim). It's basically a half-bulletproof, half-innocent-child claim.

I am pretty sure that this is Miss Lynch's towngame. It's not an absolute the same as Nero, because I am less familiar with Miss Lynch and even if I weren't, Miss Lynch is not the type of player with a night-and-day difference between their towngame and scumgame (whereas Nero Cain is), so the townread is not absolute. It is still fairly strong though because I have liked the content Miss Lynch has given and it has seemed genuine, with Miss Lynch's posting coming across as sincere.

Plus, Hoctac claimed an innocent result on them. While I've my skepticism as to the legitimacy/validity of this roleclaim, the fact is still that Miss Lynch is disproportionately more likely to be town than scum.

Speaking of Hoctac, aside from the claim which is more likely to come from town than scum regardless of its legitimacy/validity, Hoctac's content has felt overwhelmingly town here. Again, not familiar enough with the player to put them on the absolute locktown of locktown tiers that is the Nero Cain townread tier, butstill, far far FAR more likely to be town than scum.

I already explained my townreads on Auro and Vecna--simply put, both are doing the right things that make me think that they're more likely town than not, but they haven't done those things to the extent where I would locktown them, because neither is outside of their scum range yet. While both are far more likely to be town than not, they haven't done anything which pushes them over the edge into definitely town yet.

Flavor Leaf's posts this game have sucked ass and they're not only posts that would make me naturally inclined to scumread any slot, but are also posts that I could easily see a disheartened FL make after rolling scum
again
. HOWEVER, I got the impression, specifically because it is FL, that it wasn't disinterest at a scum role PM and that the scummy content wasn't scum, that it was just FL being low on investment as town.

TChill I already explained all there is to that read pretty much--it does look more likely to be town than scum, but Tchill's a skilled enough scum player that it could be from scum and I am not familiar enough with his meta to make a more definitive conclusion about him.

farside I initially thought was a likely ETL partner due to her early defense of content which was self-evidently scummy in nature, especially when farside is the type of player who I would expect to be making the accusation
against
ETL about her forced content being, well...forced. But after seeing her continued posting, I got the impression that she was just wrong-town defending a read she sincerely believes in, because her stances feel fluid and organic. It's not a strong read whatsoever though and mostly boils down to gut.

The nulls are all nulls for good reason. Aside from those that haven't posted, Jake the Wolfie's post was the most nai of nai posts possible. And davesaz is...well, davesaz; his posts don't give me any vibes of his alignment at all yet and I don't expect they will for quite a while, possibly not even until D2. He's a player who is incredibly hard to get any semblance of a real read early on but who becomes incredibly easy to read later on.

Saudade's entrance and content in this game immediately reeked of being very probably scum (in hindsight, should probably be below Almost50 here).

Almost50's content this game more or less feels like it's all out of balance from where it feels it should be. A level of seriousness, mixed with a level of inactivity. If Almost50 were town, I'd expect either the seriousness to be accompanied by a slough of posts, or for there to be inactivity accompanied by a ton of lighthearted jokiness. The splitting the difference, half of one half of the other, feels like it is more likely to come from scum than town.

Elements hasn't made a post which looks town all game long. I realize Elements is a frequently scummy player anyway--but I usually can still get some idea of Elements being town when he is town, and I'm not getting it at all this game.

I could go into my Alch read more but right now I'm deliberately avoiding doing so.

And my ETL read I already went into.

So this is literally all the content I can give, in one post--nothing I can say will further game content more than the latter half of this post does, so everything I post past this point is going to be superfluous, which allows me to make posts like the beginning of this post was.

Oh no. A wall.
Null Vote
Null Vote
Goon
Null Vote
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 2:20 am

Post by Null Vote »

In post 593, Quick wrote:I said I wasn't going to catch up but the thread died so I did.
It didn't. It was never alive. If something isn't alive, it can't die.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”