Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Auro »

That's a bad argument, it's very person dependent. A lot of people do OMGUS, but quite a few are nuanced enough to recognize a legitimate argument.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I also think you have a somewhat decent point about Creature being an EZ push but that's also something that could be said for any low impact/lurker there is. And yes that's exactly why scum do push them but then there are town that see such lots as scummy. Feels kinda hypocritical that you are voting there while chiding Quick over pushing there.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Auro »

*Insert lecture about Frequentist vs Bayesian statistics*
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:55 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1572, Auro wrote:It's interesting that you feel mid D1 is that point though. I feel like it's too early to expect most gimmick/meme alts to shed it and start playing.
Wagoning them is a great way to find out. Sometimes just scumreading them is enough. ;)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:57 am

Post by 50 Judge Powers »

In post 1063, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 1061, Quick wrote:OOOOHHHHHH :!:

Mafia do not HAVE to kill infected players. Makes WAY more sense now.
It seems scumsided to me
When I got invoted to play and read the setup; I thought about it and I theorized there would be one of two solutions to balance this:

a) A Doctor who gives out a vaccine
b) A Doctor who cures the infected and once cured you can no longer get infected again

I also thought there could be a Nurse as a backup in case the Doctor got shot early.

I mean, this is basically a cult game, but with the cult starting with 3 members AND all of them can "recruit", so there has to be a way for town to retrieve their own to counter that.
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
a flirt :P
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1575, Auro wrote:That's a bad argument, it's very person dependent.
in fairness, I said alot not that greens only OMGUS.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Auro »

Sure. Fair to ask Tchill to bring up instances of it as town.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

how does a50 know that all the mafia can recruit? Does it say that in the op?

50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:00 am

In post 1069, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 1065, Creature wrote:Wait, mafia must kill one of their recruitees every night?
They “may”. But if one of their wincons is to absorb at least half the town why on earth would they bother?
My theory should explain that. If the recruit gets cured they become immune, and thus it's better for them to kill that player to remove a future immune townie
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1, Covid 19 wrote:Twice per game, mafia may kill any player that they choose. Aside from those two instances, mafia possess the ability to factionally infect a player and to kill an infected player each night
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Auro »

Would be kinda weird to have a double alignment change.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 1183, Nero Cain wrote:Is farside still null to you, Tchill? What do you think of her scum reading you?
In post 1574, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1566, Tchill13 wrote:That has more so to do with ppl going out of their way to play the game against their wincon from my perspective though.
I mean sure, I think alot of green pms are stupidly OMGUSy. I think these last 2 or so times when I've flipped scum there were all like "oh I get the case on me." and its just really weird. I mean, there's a decent amount of scum motivation to town read the person that is scum reading you.

Can you show me some examples of town you town reading players for scum reading you?
from this game in particular? only farside.

I've never linked my own games or have meta dove any other players. if youd like to do that be my guest but id rather not have to link you something. I totally understand the motivation its just something ive never done.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:02 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 1526, Quick wrote:"Most WIFOM"
I don't think you understand what that actually means. It doesn't apply here.
Art is cool.
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:02 am

In post 1582, Nero Cain wrote:how does a50 know that all the mafia can recruit? Does it say that in the op?
It says the infection is a
factional
ability, so all original Mafia members have access to it.
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:03 am

In post 1533, Nero Cain wrote:I think if ETL ends up being scum Quick is prob a green pm. That whole "stop being mean to quick" feels buddyish and scummy. Like I don't really see how one reads him and isn't annoyed by his weird stances and rapid vote hoping. OTH, you could
kinda
interpret it as scum trying to find traction and get out of d1.
OR... or or maybe I'm sensitive to that kinda shit.
Art is cool.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

thats not the same thing? A50 s saying that they all can recruit as in like there will be 3 recruits tonight. But the one in the op makes it sound like there will be 1 recruit a night b/c its a factional ability not linked to a role.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:06 am

Post by mastina »

Shit, I thought I could beat the prod timer. Was way way too tired to play yesterday and didn't want to prod dodge but oh well, actions have consequences; while not playing yesterday was inevitable, not prod dodging means I'll eat the prod. :(
Anyway.
In post 635, Quick wrote:
In post 632, mastina wrote:
In post 628, Saudade wrote:im sorry if i dont just take your word for it, can someone
else
confirm
I mean my games are public record so it's not like I'd be lying about easily-confirmed, easily-provable information that is readily available for anyone to search up on their own.
"By looking at all my games over the past year."
I'd be all too happy to link to my towngames and my scumgames so people can see the night and day difference between the two.
In post 648, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Come up with something that isn’t meta considering I’ve been on hiatus for literally years and the last game we played together was in 2016.
Funnily enough...
In post 397, mastina wrote:Not gonna even pretend I'd have any gauge of ETL's meta years-later. Even if I did have perfect memory of how she played (and I most decidedly do not), the years of absence probably did change said meta anyway. But like. Instant vibe from her opening? Even in a meme game (or, you could say,
especially
in a meme game), probably just scum.
...I already did. That wasn't meta-based and in fact none of the main backing of my reasons for suspecting you have anything to do with meta.

They are things that coming from almost any player, I would be scumreading.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1588, 50 Judge Powers wrote:
In post 1582, Nero Cain wrote:how does a50 know that all the mafia can recruit? Does it say that in the op?
factional
kinda an odd way to put it no?

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1586, Tchill13 wrote:if youd like to do that be my guest but id rather not have to link you something. I totally understand the motivation its just something ive never done.
I don't see why that you've never done it should mean you don't do it now. This should be significantly easier for you to recall and retrieve than someone else.

Otherwise he'll say that since he's seen town frequently OMGUS and scum frequently avoid that, you're more likely scum for it: thoughts?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:07 am

In post 1588, 50 Judge Powers wrote:
factional
Keep reading, we went over all this already.
Art is cool.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Auro »

inb4 someone accuses Nero of "fake townslipping"
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:08 am

In post 1591, mastina wrote:Shit, I thought I could beat the prod timer. Was way way too tired to play yesterday and didn't want to prod dodge but oh well, actions have consequences; while not playing yesterday was inevitable, not prod dodging means I'll eat the prod. :(
Anyway.
In post 635, Quick wrote:
In post 632, mastina wrote:
In post 628, Saudade wrote:im sorry if i dont just take your word for it, can someone
else
confirm
I mean my games are public record so it's not like I'd be lying about easily-confirmed, easily-provable information that is readily available for anyone to search up on their own.
"By looking at all my games over the past year."
I'd be all too happy to link to my towngames and my scumgames so people can see the night and day difference between the two.
In post 648, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Come up with something that isn’t meta considering I’ve been on hiatus for literally years and the last game we played together was in 2016.
Funnily enough...
In post 397, mastina wrote:Not gonna even pretend I'd have any gauge of ETL's meta years-later. Even if I did have perfect memory of how she played (and I most decidedly do not), the years of absence probably did change said meta anyway. But like. Instant vibe from her opening? Even in a meme game (or, you could say,
especially
in a meme game), probably just scum.
...I already did. That wasn't meta-based and in fact none of the main backing of my reasons for suspecting you have anything to do with meta.

They are things that coming from almost any player, I would be scumreading.
If you're town, you're wrong and I'm disappointed. If you're scum, well then, that just proves the point I made earlier, which is that you consistently do this when I'm town and you're not.
Art is cool.
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:09 am

In post 1081, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I wonder if you get infected can you infect another person by visiting them and hen they can only kill one of the infected people and the other gains immunity.
That would be too complicated and too overpowered, but more importantly the infection is a FACTIONAL ABILITY, and thus can only be used by the "Mafia" faction. Why do you think the mod differentiates between Mafia and Infected when both have the same win con?
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I prob would slip on a townie. I'm very clumsy.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Auro »

And no way growth can be exponential anyway.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”