Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Datisi »

Official Vote Count 1.07

With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Lynching
DkKoba
(2): midwaybear, enomis
midwaybear
(2): Apogee, Maduisha
enomis
(1): Ydrasse

Not Voting
(4): joqiza, Clemency, DkKoba, votato

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-05-15 10:45:00).

Mod notes:
[/area]
Last edited by Datisi on Fri May 08, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 249, Maduisha wrote:Another guy that makes fake promises of rereading and acts blatant about it. Hi, Clemency.

Why does this game have to be wifom fest.

P-edit: Oh, come on!
i said i'd read, not that i'd reread :p
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 248, Clemency wrote:i feel a bit bad
i promise 30+ posts over the course of next day kk love you bye
i formally retract my townlean on clemency.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Maduisha »

This game. This game. This game.

I think I'm going to sleep before I start writing paranoia fueled shit, good night.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:44 am

Post by DkKoba »

also I think I'm ready to place midway at L-2 until they decide to prove they are town bc so far they are playing as if they rolled jester/fool.

VOTE: midwaybear
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:45 am

Post by DkKoba »

come back maduisha I'm going to make things interesting real soon.
retired
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 152, votato wrote:clemency: why are you putting in effort at the start of this game? isnt your MO to shitpost?
noticed one question so i'll answer it:
1. its not really my mo, i just sway from low to high effort and it tends to be laser focused on individual games
2. i try to fluff and mess around less on newbie games since i cant rely on my reputation and i dont wanna ruin new player experiences
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Clemency »

im also confined to mobile atm which demotivates me since it makes navigation and formatting more of a hassle
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:46 am

Post by midwaybear »

but that's not really fluffing. that's more like not keeping up with a promise.
My three scumreads were actually Clemency, votato, and you
I didn't like votato's push against DK, and his explanation for why he stopped is basically like "I give up just ignore the argument"
I didn't like Clemency's early game and he gave me nervous vibes.
Madiusha we also have to be careful of. She seems ok as of now, but I still want to keep an eye on her

good night both of you

pedit: wow
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 252, DkKoba wrote:
In post 248, Clemency wrote:i feel a bit bad
i promise 30+ posts over the course of next day kk love you bye
i formally retract my townlean on clemency.
its okay i scumlean you anyway
informally
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Clemency »

its not a promise unless i say "i promise", dear
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:48 am

Post by votato »

another good way to generate content is to get some wagons going. there are four of us who arent even voting! thats no good. not voting means you arent expressing an opinion, and not engaging with the game is scummy.

VOTE: joqiza
joqiza has been actively posting, but hasnt voted or said anything meaningful iirc.

pedit: ok, then why are you lurking now? i guess you said you forgot about this game, but tsk tsk.

midway, do you really interpret me backing off of DkK as "i give up" that seems like a pretty bad misrepresentation of what i said.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Clemency »

kk see ya
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:48 am

Post by DkKoba »

the power of my vote to elicit content from midwaybear. u gotta love when u see it.
retired
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:49 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 254, DkKoba wrote:also I think I'm ready to place midway at L-2 until they decide to prove they are town bc so far they are playing as if they rolled jester/fool.

VOTE: midwaybear
why am I a fool :(
dont PL me

pedit: sorta because it seemed like you couldn't find any good reasons to scumread DK, so you just gave the explanation that you were pressuring him

pedit2: no dk, I typed that before you voted me. i just posted it after
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:49 am

Post by DkKoba »

this is town!joqiza so far votato, I can vouch for him.
retired
Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Apogee »

In post 235, votato wrote:yeah you're right, i picked two names on the list that i hadnt seen as much memorable content from, and said they were scummy. gotta generate that content somehow
In post 236, votato wrote:it is interesting that you agree about so much though. could you each elaborate on your reads on ydrasse, DK, and midway?
Yeah I kinda figured this was a reaction test but I hoped it would generate a few other responses.

I'll elaborate on Ydrasse. Tbh their approach honestly seems kinda like how I try to approach town right now? A little hesitancy to jump forward too hard on any wagon, a mix of questions and reactions, and feels pretty genuine. Seems like Ydrasse sincerely wants content and a measured analysis of it. To the extent I have hesitance, it would be her not seeming to commit to particular ideas super hard, but that applies to me and quite a few other people.

DkKoba I'm not super leaning either way. I agree with Maduisha that he felt more frustrated than anything the last few pages, but I'm less convinced that's necessarily tvt then she is.

Midway I've commented on quite a few times, and I want to reserve further judgement until they post the analysis they promised. I'm hesitant with the fluffposting they have done, but I guess that's not necessarily scummy, although in a vacuum I normally would think it is (other people might have their own experience -- this is my first online game so I'm not super familiar with how much of that is to be expected).

p-edit: a bunch happened while I typed this. I'll look over all of it and post thoughts in a bit
Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Apogee »

Um now seeing it really not sure Midwaybear's reads make me feel any better about them. Glad a little pressure seems to make them engage somewhat however.
Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Apogee »

Votato's most recent post makes me feel quite a bit better about them. Not townleaning them yet, but its nice to see that after a few questionable earlier posts.

Also -- totally agree with them about one thing. Lets see some votes!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:59 am

Post by midwaybear »

what do you think of my reads?
i don't really scumread anyone else, but no townreads really expect maybe you and Ydrasse
i think you're more townier than ydrasse though
a lot of the reasons people townread ydrasse is because she is open with her thoughts, but that is what scum are trying to do so town can townread them
lol maybe im paranoid too
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:00 am

Post by votato »

In post 266, Apogee wrote:
In post 235, votato wrote:yeah you're right, i picked two names on the list that i hadnt seen as much memorable content from, and said they were scummy. gotta generate that content somehow
In post 236, votato wrote:it is interesting that you agree about so much though. could you each elaborate on your reads on ydrasse, DK, and midway?
Yeah I kinda figured this was a reaction test but I hoped it would generate a few other responses.

I'll elaborate on Ydrasse. Tbh their approach honestly seems kinda like how I try to approach town right now? A little hesitancy to jump forward too hard on any wagon, a mix of questions and reactions, and feels pretty genuine. Seems like Ydrasse sincerely wants content and a measured analysis of it. To the extent I have hesitance, it would be her not seeming to commit to particular ideas super hard, but that applies to me and quite a few other people.

DkKoba I'm not super leaning either way. I agree with Maduisha that he felt more frustrated than anything the last few pages, but I'm less convinced that's necessarily tvt then she is.

Midway I've commented on quite a few times, and I want to reserve further judgement until they post the analysis they promised. I'm hesitant with the fluffposting they have done, but I guess that's not necessarily scummy, although in a vacuum I normally would think it is (other people might have their own experience -- this is my first online game so I'm not super familiar with how much of that is to be expected).

p-edit: a bunch happened while I typed this. I'll look over all of it and post thoughts in a bit
generally id say hesitancy to join a wagon seems more like scum wanting to see which way the wind is blowing before committing. I see the town motivation too since its a newbie game, but I think this game currently suffers from insufficient confidence and aggression from most people (and too much from myself and DkK).

oh, and please call me either he, she, or it. not they.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

I have the right amount of confidence and aggression aight
retired
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:05 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 271, DkKoba wrote:I have the right amount of confidence and aggression aight
too much in 1997 :P
Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Apogee »

In post 269, midwaybear wrote:what do you think of my reads?
i don't really scumread anyone else, but no townreads really expect maybe you and Ydrasse
i think you're more townier than ydrasse though
a lot of the reasons people townread ydrasse is because she is open with her thoughts, but that is what scum are trying to do so town can townread them
lol maybe im paranoid too
I think they are reasonable, but also kind of vanilla? Its consistent with both of the two scenarios I could see you falling under. Keeps you kinda in the want-to-see more group still.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 261, votato wrote:another good way to generate content is to get some wagons going. there are four of us who arent even voting! thats no good. not voting means you arent expressing an opinion, and not engaging with the game is scummy.

VOTE: joqiza
joqiza has been actively posting, but hasnt voted or said anything meaningful iirc.

pedit: ok, then why are you lurking now? i guess you said you forgot about this game, but tsk tsk.

midway, do you really interpret me backing off of DkK as "i give up" that seems like a pretty bad misrepresentation of what i said.
I'm kind of tired because of work so I honestly don't feel like pushing back too much rn but I'd like to know why you think this, I don't feel like it's fair and I disagree that I haven't contributed anything meaningful. Anyway I'll post more tomorrow

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”