Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

its all about assessing what a specific player is capable of and going from there. Its more of a game theory discussion, but it just means I need to get better at explaining things in a way that allows me to be heard. There's some very narrow mindsets in the community but if I fail to get someone to at least try and see the perspective im not doing my job.

anyways, I stand by my ETL read. lean town there. A lot of ppl pushing ETL is surface lvl stuff imo. I just give ETL more credit than that personally.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 1872, Auro wrote:Well, you are applying some sort of burden of proficiency for Mastina scumreading her, so I'd like to iron this out anyway!
im willing to have the convo. Mastina apparently has experience with ETL and im getting vibes that mastina is wrong about ETL and thats now what I expect from someone that believes ETL is competent and has experience with them.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

TBH I think I can relate to ETL as far as her emotions from coming back to mafia. I had a similar experience my first time back after a while. It's very possible she's town here. I think I'd rather lynch mastina of the two.
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

Spoiler:
In post 653, Auro wrote:Mastina, I find your ETL read problematic too.

ETL implied they love the rhetoric and argumentation in Mafia: so isn't the "manufactured tone" likely to be a product of playstyle rather than alignment? I get these attacks *all* the time regardless of alignment. How would you evaluate their progressions ans trajectories apart from that? I just can't understand why you have them as scum with that degree of confidence.
In post 660, Auro wrote:Apologies ETL but I do indeed see merit in pushing players who react differently when pushed as town/scum, even if it's irritating.

Mastina, have you been pushing them just to observe reactions?

==================
In post 676, Auro wrote:Strong townreads are: {Mastina, ETL, Miss Lynch, Nero Cain}
Nero is sheep read of Mastina.

Auro, you don't explain your mastina town read anywhere in your iso from what I've seen. Why are you townreading her?
What changed across the line?
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 1876, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 1872, Auro wrote:Well, you are applying some sort of burden of proficiency for Mastina scumreading her, so I'd like to iron this out anyway!
im willing to have the convo. Mastina apparently has experience with ETL and im getting vibes that mastina is wrong about ETL and thats now what I expect from someone that believes ETL is competent and has experience with them.
TBF, I think mastina pretty regularly overrates herself.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 1879, Miss Lane wrote:TBF, I think mastina pretty regularly overrates herself.
TBF everyone here does. Mastina has more reason to than most.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 1880, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 1879, Miss Lane wrote:TBF, I think mastina pretty regularly overrates herself.
Exactly, not a dig at mastina, just bringing up the only person relevant to the point made.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Not me. I'm as good as I say I am. Never been wrong about a Serious Read before.
not yet sentient
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Saudade »

I've nothing to add except for FL is scum until he dares to post
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 1882, Hoctac wrote:
Not me. I'm as good as I say I am. Never been wrong about a Serious Read before.
:shifty:
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

players like hoctac are in my mind the same person. its just 1 guy playing on unlimited alts that doesnt know how to play with actual content as scum so he plays dumb as town that way he has a chance as scum.

if you get really lucky said guy has multiple accounts in your game.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Auro »

My point of disagreement, Tchill, is that you're saying ETL would have to be incompetent as scum to have played this way; and I'm arguing that she doesn't need to be. I don't think this put herself under any actual threat and I believe she would've changed her tune had consensus tried to lynch her.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Hoctac »

How dare you. I've never rolled scum before but I'd probably find it really easy.

The only difference from being town is that you're told who scum is (everyone who's town), and you just have to scumhunt any of them. It must be liberating to have your wincon laid out so clearly for you like that actually.
not yet sentient
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1878, Miss Lane wrote:Auro, you don't explain your mastina town read anywhere in your iso from what I've seen. Why are you townreading her?
Tone, energy, approach to the game (especially this), mindset match on a lot of things.

Nothing really changed across the line, I find one read problematic ≠ I scumread them.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 1888, Auro wrote:
In post 1878, Miss Lane wrote:Auro, you don't explain your mastina town read anywhere in your iso from what I've seen. Why are you townreading her?
Tone, energy, approach to the game (especially this), mindset match on a lot of things.

Nothing really changed across the line, I find one read problematic ≠ I scumread them.
Sure, but you were voting her as well.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

That pointed looked like where things turned, but I'm taking it your read wasn't particularly strong on her at any point in that case.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 772, Auro wrote:I was voting there for the lulz
@Miss Lynch
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

I see...

It seems strange to vote somewhere for the lolz where other people are voting seriously.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

I'm putting Auro on my "willing to lynch" category
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by Auro »

What can I say? I'm a strange player.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by Auro »

You didn't pick up that I hadn't voted for A50 while calling him scum and for people to push him :P
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

You weren't strange in the game I played with you as town. You were as scum.

I know both are single game metas, but I also have a 100% read rate on you, so I feel comfortable shoving you south of the null line now.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by Auro »

A 100% read rate? You scumread me throughout that game, and it was such a bad scumread that I lynched you for it in LyLo lol
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by Auro »

So you take one instance of me doing something for the lulz, when I've done a lot of lulz stuff this game, assign me the label of "strange" for it, claim I wasn't as town in one game earlier, and incorrectly claim that you read me correctly there; therefore you're comfortable calling me scum?

Good scumhunting, good scumhunting.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 1895, Auro wrote:You didn't pick up that I hadn't voted for A50 while calling him scum and for people to push him :P
I didn't see it.
To be honest, I haven't seen much from you because I haven't read much. I'm just not impressed with what I have seen, and I have a bit of a difficulty in that the way I see it, mastina or ETL both have decently high likelihoods of being scum. Since it's ridiculously unlikely they're both scum, I'm picking the one I like less. You are defending one of them and that screws with my process on the game. Your defense of mastina doesn't seem to fit my understanding of the game at the moment.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”