Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 1937, Elements wrote:I have 48 pages to catch up on, ill do a fairly tempoed read through them, probably change my vote, and shout about who I think the scum are but not why as is my usual style
See, this slot is town
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:38 am

Post by Vecna »

Probably locktown, never a day1 lynch:
8. Vecna+
17. mastina+*
18. Miss Lynch+
19. Nero Cain+
20. Tchill13+
21. Saudade+
2. Auro+
7. Allan90 Quick+
15. EspeciallyTheLies+

Done significant stuff that makes them likely town. Also not lynch today
13. farside22+
14. davesaz+
11. Elements+

Not done anything:
10. Alchemist21+
12. Flavor Leaf+
16. 50 Judge Powers+
4. 5G Tower+
5. Jake the Wolfie+* ^
6. Odelschwanck Aristophanes+

Actually done stuff that I think is scummy for the slot, Prime lynch pool:
1. momo+ Creature+
3. Hoctac+
9. No łynch+ Voted+

This game really is easy. If those 6 people can just obvtown right about now, the scum can just concede
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:39 am

Post by Vecna »

VOTE: Voted

Id probably lynch any of my bottom three atm actually, but creature should still be able to redeem that shit
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 1:40 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1947, Vecna wrote:Also, her statements that she always makes that her scum game is oh so bad is not always actually the case.
I don't at all think her scumgame is bad, but I think it's about the level of interest and energy she would put in at this stage
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 2:12 am

Post by Miss Lane »

I don't know what I watched onto yesterday, but I don't think what I arrived at makes any sense to me at this point and I also have ecna as town after ISOIng so I garbage canned all theory on Auro scum and moved him to the town pile.
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 2:13 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 1954, Miss Lane wrote:I don't know what I latched onto yesterday, but I don't think what I arrived at makes any sense to me at this point and I also have ecna as town after ISOIng so I garbage canned all theory on Auro scum and moved him to the town pile.
Ebwop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 2:13 am

Post by Miss Lane »

Also his posts look like town him in review.

I'm not certain what's going on with me but I'm having difficulty with having both mastina and ETL as scum leans
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 2:15 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 1954, Miss Lane wrote:I don't know what I watched onto yesterday, but I don't think what I arrived at makes any sense to me at this point and I also have ecna as town after ISOIng so I garbage canned all theory on Auro scum and moved him to the town pile.
Such a towny thing to do. Thanks
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 2:17 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 1953, Auro wrote:
In post 1947, Vecna wrote:Also, her statements that she always makes that her scum game is oh so bad is not always actually the case.
I don't at all think her scumgame is bad, but I think it's about the level of interest and energy she would put in at this stage
I know, I sometimes just need to vent out my suspicions that make no sense so im rid of them and ive at least said it once. Call it my suspicion-catheter that keeps the soul happy and rational
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 2:48 am

Post by farside22 »

v/la till monday
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 3:36 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1951, Vecna wrote:Probably locktown, never a day1 lynch:
8. Vecna+
17. mastina+*
18. Miss Lynch+
19. Nero Cain+
20. Tchill13+
21. Saudade+
2. Auro+
7. Allan90 Quick+
15. EspeciallyTheLies+

Done significant stuff that makes them likely town. Also not lynch today
13. farside22+
14. davesaz+
11. Elements+

Not done anything:
10. Alchemist21+
12. Flavor Leaf+
16. 50 Judge Powers+
4. 5G Tower+
5. Jake the Wolfie+* ^
6. Odelschwanck Aristophanes+

Actually done stuff that I think is scummy for the slot, Prime lynch pool:
1. momo+ Creature+
3. Hoctac+
9. No łynch+ Voted+

This game really is easy. If those 6 people can just obvtown right about now, the scum can just concede
What do the symbols by everyone’s name mean?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Auro »

Everyone has a +
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

@Auro
Last game we played, when someone pushed you you would poke holes in their scumread by asking them questions that would show they didn’t have a solid case. It’s like you wanted them to think through the line of logic themselves to see that they were wrong and to me it would come off as scum you acting like “you can’t catch me because you don’t have a good case.” I’m not really seeing that from you this game as much as you just bluntly shooting down suspicion of you. Why is that?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1961, Auro wrote:Everyone has a +
Some have ^ and * too.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 4:06 am

Post by Auro »

I would bluntly shoot down your suspicion by denying I'm doing that :P

I can see why you get that feeling, and you're partly correct - but my tone should be expected to differ when I'm pushing back suspicion from slots I'm strongly townreading, versus when I feel disingenuity and use the push as a springboard to scumhunt the slot pushing me (where the Socratic method is very useful). The sample size here is 2: Vecna and ML. In Vecna's case, I *did* ask him a bunch of question aimed at re-evaluation; but I assign a higher degree of criticality (and information from experience) to his reading me, and townread him. In ML's case, I both strongly townread her, and had much lesser patience to start with, thus leading to a very direct "shooting down" style of defense.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 4:07 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1951, Vecna wrote:15. EspeciallyTheLies+
No

The * is for his scumbuddies, he forgot to remove it before posting
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 4:13 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1964, Auro wrote:I would bluntly shoot down your suspicion by denying I'm doing that :P

I can see why you get that feeling, and you're partly correct - but my tone should be expected to differ when I'm pushing back suspicion from slots I'm strongly townreading, versus when I feel disingenuity and use the push as a springboard to scumhunt the slot pushing me (where the Socratic method is very useful). The sample size here is 2: Vecna and ML. In Vecna's case, I *did* ask him a bunch of question aimed at re-evaluation; but I assign a higher degree of criticality (and information from experience) to his reading me, and townread him. In ML's case, I both strongly townread her, and had much lesser patience to start with, thus leading to a very direct "shooting down" style of defense.
I can see that.
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 4:14 am

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 1 VC #43

Creature (0):
Auro (0):
Hoctac (0):
5G Tower (0):
Jake the Wolfie (0):
Aristophanes (0):
Quick (1): 50 Judge Powers ()
Vecna (2): Alchemist21 (), Voted ()
Voted (1): Vecna ()
Alchemist21 (1): farside22 ()
Elements (0):
Flavor Leaf (1): Saudade ()
farside22 (0):
EspeciallyTheLies (4): mastina (), Hoctac (), EspeciallyTheLies (), Nero Cain ()
50 Judge Powers (1): Auro ()
mastina (2): davesaz (), Tchill13 ()
Miss Lynch (0):
Nero Cain (0):
Tchill13 (1): Quick ()
Saudade (1): Elements ()
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (6): Creature, 5G Tower, Jake the Wolfie, Aristophanes, Flavor Leaf (), Miss Lynch ()

With 21 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 19, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-19 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity on Tuesday-Friday.

3. MathBlade's automated votecounter doesn't appear to track No Lynch votes properly. I'm still waiting for a response from him.
4. If you see any errors in a votecount or in the voting history, please feel free to inform me either in-thread (by bolding) or via pm.
5. As a note, if I'm not around to provide a VC, you can easily obtain one using MathBlade's tool. There's a link to the thread in the opening post of this thread. (Please remember to clearly label all unofficial votecounts as such.)
6. farside22 is V/LA until Monday.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Sat May 09, 2020 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 4:15 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

VOTE: Creature

Creature and Ari are both likely scum.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

im kinda thinking that Ari might be the scummist of the lurkers. Its been awhile since I've played with Ari and I think he's a nice guy but I also think he's kinda useless and doesn't post much and is always kinda "lurky" but to me, that whole
In post 549, Aristophanes wrote:IRL I'm working not quarantining, fyi, so if my activity seems low that's a heads upa s to why
felt like a preemptive defense.

controversial opinion: jake the wolfie is town says gut

The fact that the ETL wagon is stalled and ppl are voting elsewhere is exactly why scum use
ATE
even if its some well-intended gambit to force ppl to take a stance and do things or some misguided attempt @ outting scum...the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And honestly, I'm just having a hard time looking past it a bit.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Hoctac »

I have a strong nullread on Alchemist.
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Hoctac »

Although, if he switched his avatar back to Roy Mustang, I'd probably locktown him.
not yet sentient
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:02 am

Post by davesaz »

Oh good, I'm up earlier than normal for weekend, and there is less than normal to catch up.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:05 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1963, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1961, Auro wrote:Everyone has a +
Some have ^ and * too.
Yeah because it's copy/pasted from the player list which has those symbols. I haven't looked to see how much it varies from the original order.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:20 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1969, Nero Cain wrote:The fact that the ETL wagon is stalled and ppl are voting elsewhere is exactly why scum use ATE even if its some well-intended gambit to force ppl to take a stance and do things or some misguided attempt @ outting scum...the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And honestly, I'm just having a hard time looking past it a bit.
Part of the reason that I questioned mastina on her ETL read was that "not doing anything" is a horrible read on someone with ~200 posts.
Show me something bad from ETL that isn't AtE and I'll be on board. The self vote thing bugs me badly because it would be a good wiggle tactic.
There are better ways for town to remove themselves from an intolerable solution, but rules prohibit going further on that tack.

"Lynch me and you'll have great evidence" wouldn't be totally wrong in a non-cultish game. I would still disapprove but a high information lynch does have value. In a cult game an intentional mislynch gives scum a head start. It is mitigated slightly by the lower odds of hitting scum in the first place, but lynching scum is more important in this game than normal.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”