Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:15 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 447, iamironcat wrote:There are a couple of people attacking each other. Say if one of them turns out scum, wouldn't we immediately suspect the attacker?
If someone leads a lynch on scum, I think it's natural to assume that the people who lynched scum are town because they wouldn't want to lynch their own teammate and would instead try to defend their teammate from being lynched.. Bussing subverts the natural assumption so we can no longer assume that scum would always protect their teammate from being lynched.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:16 am

Post by lilith2013 »

sorry for the double period there, I didn't mean that to be sassy
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:17 am

Post by gibus »

In post 449, lilith2013 wrote: Can you explain your tiers please?
Green = townreads
Red = scumreads
what are yellow and blue?
Green = Very good chances of being town
Blue = Good chances of being town
Yellow = Neutral
Red = Possibly scum
outsmarts bullet
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:17 am

Post by lilith2013 »

thank you
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:20 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 447, iamironcat wrote:Fish behaved really strange after my vote on her.
Ironcat, you keep saying this, can you explain why you think so? iirc he didn't have any behavior before you voted me so there's not really a set of posts for comparison. I think his behavior overall is strange and overaggressive, but I don't think it has anything in particular to do with me and I'm not really sure where you're getting this from.
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:37 am

Post by iamironcat »

In post 450, lilith2013 wrote: If someone leads a lynch on scum, I think it's natural to assume that the people who lynched scum are town because they wouldn't want to lynch their own teammate and would instead try to defend their teammate from being lynched.. Bussing subverts the natural assumption so we can no longer assume that scum would always protect their teammate from being lynched.
Last I checked, the votes on copykat so this wouldn't work for my case if you were right.
In post 454, lilith2013 wrote: Ironcat, you keep saying this, can you explain why you think so? iirc he didn't have any behavior before you voted me so there's not really a set of posts for comparison. I think his behavior overall is strange and overaggressive, but I don't think it has anything in particular to do with me and I'm not really sure where you're getting this from.
Well, I haven't played a game with him apart from this one. So in my perception, he got aggressive after my suspicion of you.

See here:

Voted you. No attacks from my side to fish

Talks about me being a celebrity. Starts to get personal after I said "Strange scum move" in the next few posts.

OF COURSE it's such a town move to want to lynch someone regardless of their alignment purely based on emotion.

Will post in the next 12-ish hours or so.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Votecount 1.06
Iamironcat (2)
- Freddiethelady, Formerfish
Formerfish (2)
- gibus, iamironcat
CopyKat (3)
- Brassherald, votato, lilith2013,

Not Voting (2) -
CopyKat feathers,

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-05-20 11:05:00)

I Believe This Is Right. Actually I Give it The Panda Promise.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:46 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 455, iamironcat wrote:
In post 450, lilith2013 wrote: If someone leads a lynch on scum, I think it's natural to assume that the people who lynched scum are town because they wouldn't want to lynch their own teammate and would instead try to defend their teammate from being lynched.. Bussing subverts the natural assumption so we can no longer assume that scum would always protect their teammate from being lynched.
Last I checked, the votes on copykat so this wouldn't work for my case if you were right.
The point is that you can’t assume two people arguing will always include one town. I’m not applying it to any particular case in this game.
In post 454, lilith2013 wrote: Ironcat, you keep saying this, can you explain why you think so? iirc he didn't have any behavior before you voted me so there's not really a set of posts for comparison. I think his behavior overall is strange and overaggressive, but I don't think it has anything in particular to do with me and I'm not really sure where you're getting this from.
Well, I haven't played a game with him apart from this one. So in my perception, he got aggressive after my suspicion of you.

See here:

Voted you. No attacks from my side to fish

Talks about me being a celebrity. Starts to get personal after I said "Strange scum move" in the next few posts.

OF COURSE it's such a town move to want to lynch someone regardless of their alignment purely based on emotion.

Will post in the next 12-ish hours or so.
What I’m saying is that formerfish hadn’t posted before 190, so I think him choosing to vote you isn’t related to you voting me. Like it’s not like he was being unaggressive before you voted me and then suddenly became aggressive; he just hadn’t posted at all before that.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 450, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 447, iamironcat wrote:There are a couple of people attacking each other. Say if one of them turns out scum, wouldn't we immediately suspect the attacker?
If someone leads a lynch on scum, I think it's natural to assume that the people who lynched scum are town because they wouldn't want to lynch their own teammate and would instead try to defend their teammate from being lynched.. Bussing subverts the natural assumption so we can no longer assume that scum would always protect their teammate from being lynched.
There's various ways to look at the wagons. Generally Scum do bus on this site, however, in a newbie game there are only 2 so bussing day 1 is not generally a good idea especially early in day 1.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by votato »

In post 458, brassherald wrote:
In post 450, lilith2013 wrote:
There's various ways to look at the wagons. Generally Scum do bus on this site, however, in a newbie game there are only 2 so bussing day 1 is not generally a good idea especially early in day 1.
well yeah bussing is unlikely, but there could easily be a staged fight
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by iamironcat »

In post 457, lilith2013 wrote:The point is that you can’t assume two people arguing will always include one town. I’m not applying it to any particular case in this game.
I'm not assuming that. I'm just saying how this idea of bussing doesn't apply to this case.
What I’m saying is that formerfish hadn’t posted before 190, so I think him choosing to vote you isn’t related to you voting me. Like it’s not like he was being unaggressive before you voted me and then suddenly became aggressive; he just hadn’t posted at all before that.
Fish posted before this but nothing much in particular. On 190, I voted for you and responded in particular to this post.
In post 159, iamironcat wrote: If I'm right that lilith's mafia, they could nk me or the others who suspect them and put the blame on Freddie since I suspected them.
It was part of an idea I had to draw out scum. I put myself up as bait and say "investigate this person if I get NK'd".
It's hilarious how he says:
"I don't like when people act like they know me and can read my mental state in a few posts in an online forum game."
Despite saying this about me:
"Are you famous or something? I know I was in rehab for a month, but I doubt you blew up on this site that fast that I should know you, and if I dont know you dying tonight probably isnt in your cards."
^ Because you know, that's totally not acting like they know me and can read my "mental state" despite the fact that he indeed should follow his own advice of "That's insulting in so many ways. People should keep those types of terms out of their mouths"
But well, you know how it works. It's fine for him to act that way but not others :3

Anyhow, apart from strange activity from his end, the bait (about me potentially being NK'd) I used was a way to draw out scum. He took it.
In post 459, votato wrote: well yeah bussing is unlikely, but there could easily be a staged fight
Personally, I'm not interested in drama regardless of alignment. Mafia is a drama game, but this shit isn't up my alley. I'm blunt and to the point.

Apart from my personal interested, mafia shouldn't be able to talk to each other until at night. So it's not like they can read each other minds and agree beforehand that they should stage a fight.
So again, those claims don't work in this context.
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by iamironcat »

People I think are town:
freddie, votato, feathers, gibus

People I think are mafia:
fish, lilith

Since I'm not sure about the rest, they are more likely to be town. It's likely that I'm wrong so I will keep my suspicion for now.
Will be posting again after mostly WFH ;p
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 2, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Mafia are able to communicate in their Private Topic at all times.
scum have daytalk
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

I am really confused how you can be scumreading me primarily due to what you think is fish chainsaw defending me. Do you think that scum blatantly defend each other in this game?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 426, CopyKat wrote:hopefully fish starts contributing more soon. Would like to try and sort them out
Have you not been able to get a grasp on me yet? You could, hell I don't know, talk to me? Ask a question of me? Break down my reads and why I've sorted people the way I did.

You say that you need more from me but I don't feel like you've engaged the content Ive posted so far.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by gibus »

In post 464, Formerfish wrote:
In post 426, CopyKat wrote:hopefully fish starts contributing more soon. Would like to try and sort them out
Have you not been able to get a grasp on me yet? You could, hell I don't know, talk to me? Ask a question of me? Break down my reads and why I've sorted people the way I did.

You say that you need more from me but I don't feel like you've engaged the content Ive posted so far.
Can you summarize your reads?
outsmarts bullet
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by votato »

id love to get a grasp on you ;)
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by gibus »

In post 466, votato wrote:

id love to get a grasp on you ;)
votat you are a donkey and he is a fish
outsmarts bullet
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 460, iamironcat wrote:I'm not assuming that. I'm just saying how this idea of bussing doesn't apply to this case.
So, in your opinion bussing isnt an option here. Why not? How much experience do you have with vetting potential bussing votes? Are you an expert?
In post 460, iamironcat wrote:Fish posted before this but nothing much in particular. On 190, I voted for you and responded in particular to this post.
I had an opening post from when the game first started, and then a prodge saying id be here. Then in i clearly indicated that I would be reading and then did so and posted. So I agree that you dont have much of a base of knowledge to work with in regards to what is normal and abnormal for me personally, and I dont recommend trying to fit me into any prefab categories.
In post 460, iamironcat wrote:It was part of an idea I had to draw out scum. I put myself up as bait and say "investigate this person if I get NK'd".
How exactly does your idea help draw out scum? All I see if you randomly saying you have a FOS on Lil and if you get nked to look at her. That's a bit obvious of a move dont you think? I mean scum could easily not kill you, because lets be honest if youre town youre more of a boon to us then you are to scum, and then your gambit was meaningless.
In post 460, iamironcat wrote:It's hilarious how he says:
"I don't like when people act like they know me and can read my mental state in a few posts in an online forum game."
Despite saying this about me:
"Are you famous or something? I know I was in rehab for a month, but I doubt you blew up on this site that fast that I should know you, and if I dont know you dying tonight probably isnt in your cards."
There is a difference between saying someones mental state has been triggered by someone else, and me saying I don't know you therefore don't put much stock in anything you say.
In post 460, iamironcat wrote:^ Because you know, that's totally not acting like they know me and can read my "mental state" despite the fact that he indeed should follow his own advice of "That's insulting in so many ways. People should keep those types of terms out of their mouths"
But well, you know how it works. It's fine for him to act that way but not others :3
My comments have nothing to do with your mental or emotional state.
Youre setting up a false dichotomy between the two when they aren't even remotely the same type of comment.
In post 460, iamironcat wrote:Anyhow, apart from strange activity from his end, the bait (about me potentially being NK'd) I used was a way to draw out scum. He took it.
How does your offering yourself up as bait draw out scum? Have you run this gambit successfully before and you can show how my reaction is just like every other scum reaction that youve witnessed running this incredibly innovative and unique gambit? Like, you can't just say i did this to draw out scum and then viola scum reacted...
In post 460, iamironcat wrote:So again, those claims don't work in this context.
Does it change anything to know that this statement is very wrong? Knowing that scum have day talk should make you reevaluate your reads, but I doubt youll do that, confbias is a real bitch to overcome when you arent actually looking for truth.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 445, gibus wrote:Formerfish -> #227 for scumread.
A lot has happened since then, and ive posted a lot more, and ive addressed the reasons you are scum reading me, but you seemed to have missed those posts because you didnt respond and yet you still espouse the same stale horseshit you started with acting like its a fresh pile of shit and should be better
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 465, gibus wrote:Can you summarize your reads?
Like more than i have? If youre following along i think its clear what my reads are. And since you failed to take into account for anything that ive posted past 227, that makes sense that you dont know what my reads are, you probably are just skimming the thread as scum seeing what you can attack or what you need to respond to.

If i felt like you were genuine at all with this request, id comply. However, with the facts in evidence currently I dont see your question as a legitimate one and therefore will be ignoring it. If that doesnt sit well with you i suggest you look for the answer to your own question by reading my posts and internalizing the words I wrote and come to your own conclusions about my suspicions.

Cool? Cool.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 466, votato wrote:id love to get a grasp on you
Ooo... i get a funny feeling in my gills when barn animals talk dirty to me.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 467, gibus wrote:votat you are a donkey and he is a fish
Are you trying to say our love will never work? If a woman can marry an airplane and their relationship works, then i can fuck a donkey if i want to.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Lil, i forgot about you.

I need to figure out who i keep mistaking for brass, because i was sure wed played recently. I play a hyperaggressive day 1 because I tend to die a lot of n1. My goal on day 1 is to cause as much shit as i can to see where the dust falls and who starts to go in on my and for what reason.

Has anyone ever heard of a Slayer's Gambit?

My d1 method is a spin off of that tactic. Basically you act scummy af on d1 to draw the ire of the scummers because im giving them something relatively easy to latch on to as a scum read. The problem for scum comes on d2 when theyve kept me alive overnight with the intention of pushing me as the mislynch on d2 as a result of my play from d1. When I flip the script and drop knowledge bombs scum realize that they done fucked up by thinking they could get me lynched and then we usually win the game.

There is a bit more that I havent said, but I cant just give away all my milk, youll never come back to milk my udders.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by gibus »

In post 470, Formerfish wrote:
In post 465, gibus wrote:Can you summarize your reads?
Like more than i have? If youre following along i think its clear what my reads are. And since you failed to take into account for anything that ive posted past 227, that makes sense that you dont know what my reads are, you probably are just skimming the thread as scum seeing what you can attack or what you need to respond to.

If i felt like you were genuine at all with this request, id comply. However, with the facts in evidence currently I dont see your question as a legitimate one and therefore will be ignoring it. If that doesnt sit well with you i suggest you look for the answer to your own question by reading my posts and internalizing the words I wrote and come to your own conclusions about my suspicions.

Cool? Cool.
You've only had 8 posts since then (until 399), from which I don't think you've made any reads on anyone. I am genuine with this request because your vote on ironcat looks like an omgus
outsmarts bullet

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”