Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:08 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Hard disagree on cutting out group 1

I think scum stacked the setup in a way where we cant win a whole lot no matter which group we pick. Most likely 2/0/1 or 2/1/0

Theres not a lot of incentive to pick 3/0/0 over 2/0/1. other than WIFOM
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:13 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 126, Morning Tweet wrote:Hard disagree on cutting out group 1

I think scum stacked the setup in a way where we cant win a whole lot no matter which group we pick. Most likely 2/0/1 or 2/1/0

Theres not a lot of incentive to pick 3/0/0 over 2/0/1. other than WIFOM
I think they are more incentivized to gamble it all in one group.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:13 am

Safety in numbers.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

They could, yeah, but i dont think that's the most likely option. Placing just 2 in group one minimizes the risk and gives them almost the same level of safety

Instead of losing if group one goes down, they get a MYLO. And if theres a lynch outside group one, they lose 0 or 1 scum for 2-3 townies
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Hoctac »

In post 122, Ame wrote:
In post 118, Hoctac wrote:I know it's about the groups. I can only think of 1 thing.
Group 1. One of these things is not like the others.
Yep, that's what I thought you were getting at lol
not yet sentient
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:28 am

In post 129, Morning Tweet wrote:They could, yeah, but i dont think that's the most likely option. Placing just 2 in group one minimizes the risk and gives them almost the same level of safety

Instead of losing if group one goes down, they get a MYLO. And if theres a lynch outside group one, they lose 0 or 1 scum for 2-3 townies
Yeah 1v4 is manageable. Either way there's 2 scum in group 1 at minimum.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Hoctac »

In post 124, Ame wrote:Hoc, who all have you played with here?
In post 125, Ame wrote:Or who haven't' you played with rather
I'm played with a couple of people here, but the games are ongoing, so I shouldn't mention them.
not yet sentient
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:35 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 131, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 129, Morning Tweet wrote:They could, yeah, but i dont think that's the most likely option. Placing just 2 in group one minimizes the risk and gives them almost the same level of safety

Yeah 1v4 is manageable. Either way there's 2 scum in group 1 at minimum.
it's 1v3, cuz scum gets a nightkill.

I agree that it's highly likely they put 2 scum in there. but if they put did 1 scum in there...
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:38 am

Post by dsjstr »

In post 98, Hoctac wrote:Fair point, but see , Doro.

You find anyone scummy so far? I'm pretty sure clidd and Ame are conspiring in the other corner.
Think I saw someone slip but I'll have to get back to you on that one.
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

Daenerys and I both agree the setup talk is getting overdone and is annoying.

I like Ame's for trying to make progression.
In contrast enomis' is bad. And I dislike their later posts too. The demoralization in seems fake.
I also don't like Raya's . Lots of "uh huh"ing and easy agreements.
"I definitely agree we should scumhunt and choose the group we lynch based on who we think is scum."
like really?
Hoctac's is a good explanation of why the mechanical discussion is pointless.
Morning Tweet needs to start scumhunting.

VOTE: enomis

-dragons
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:46 am

Is it worth spending effort for this game when we can just vote group 1 out and kill 2/3 scum and get rid of a bunch of unknown slots.

Maybe we should just scumhunt among group 2 or 3?
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Adorable »

I checked the other partition game from 2011 to see how it played out. Scum were spread out one was in group 1, one was in group 2, and another was in group 3. On the vote count there was a message on day 1 saying groups have changed and vote count got reset. A scum player got switched to another group and the group that got lynched on day 1 were all town. I wonder if the same thing is going to happen here. Lynching in group 1 does look risky if they are all town plus add the group change on day 1 if that happens. My guess is one scum will be in group 1, one in group 2, and another in group 3.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Mohab500 »

I mean, I don't get what you mean by lynchbait, if you mean it as in I get scumread a lot then yeah, I would say that happens a lot. Just read my meta.
I addressed your initial point: There's not much point in partitions, we shouldn't focus on them if we have anything more important, but if there is nothing else to do, then there is nothing else to do.
Your second point is valid. I did say I thought we needed to confirm at least one scum before lynching group 1, but that point actually makes no sense (why would you lynch a group if you don't feel there is scum in there?). I was more referring to how if we don't have any solid leads, we should absolutely not risk going for group 1, rather take the low risk group 2 or the third group.

Ultimately, none of that really matters because I have a strong suspicion there is scum in group 3, so if you feel like I am scummy, all the better.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 7:58 am

In post 137, Adorable wrote:I checked the other partition game from 2011 to see how it played out. Scum were spread out one was in group 1, one was in group 2, and another was in group 3. On the vote count there was a message on day 1 saying groups have changed and vote count got reset. A scum player got switched to another group and the group that got lynched on day 1 were all town. I wonder if the same thing is going to happen here. Lynching in group 1 does look risky if they are all town plus add the group change on day 1 if that happens. My guess is one scum will be in group 1, one in group 2, and another in group 3.
1 in group 2 is crazy, there would be confscum from PoV
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 130, Hoctac wrote:
In post 122, Ame wrote:
In post 118, Hoctac wrote:I know it's about the groups. I can only think of 1 thing.
Group 1. One of these things is not like the others.
Yep, that's what I thought you were getting at lol
What was this conversation about?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 8:25 am

In post 137, Adorable wrote:On the vote count there was a message on day 1 saying groups have changed and vote count got reset. A scum player got switched to another group and the group that got lynched on day 1 were all town.
I wonder if the same thing is going to happen here.
This isn't the exact same setup. there aren't any roles in this game
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 8:27 am

I don't like Adorable's entrance either
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 8:28 am

In post 138, Mohab500 wrote:Ultimately, none of that really matters because I have a strong suspicion there is scum in group 3, so if you feel like I am scummy, all the better.
Why group 3 over group 2?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 135, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Morning Tweet needs to start scumhunting.
Spoiler: your wish is my command
Cat () - Leaning towards this being a genuine reaction to not realizing the setup, which makes me inclined to think it's towny

D&D () - Could see this question being faked or being real
Cat () - I agree with this assessment
Cat () - Leaning towards Cat really just realizing this as opposed to faking just realizing it. would expect scum to wait longer perhaps, unsure

Hoctac () - Oh god
D&D () - voting group one as a snap reaction to me only saying hello to one half. Or something like that. either way i can't get a read on d&d.
Ame () - This is a good point that i missed earlier. I agree wholeheartedly, i think scum set it up this way with the intent of getting maximum expected value

Kanna () - I am starting to become suspicious of players who want to nuke group one. However, my initial reaction to the setup was also wanting to nuke group one, so there's a grace period on this
Kanna () - i do tend to agree with this though. Actually this is pretty similar to my reaction. I am pretty sure it's 2 scum + i too did not realize the MYLO 2 scum bit

Ame () - Good post by Ame. way ahead of me on realizing we can't really figure out how scum distributed themselves without actually finding scum first. I read a game where Ame tricked a town into sending her up to heaven, though. Scary scum player
Enomis () - Wanting to nuke group one initially cause there's probably 2 scum in there
Enomis () - And then realizing that even if we get 2 scum, we get sent to MYLO. similar progression to Kanna and myself once again where we initially want to kill group one but then realizes better
Dsjstr () - This is a pretty surface-level assessment. We should lynch group one because there are more people, which means there's more mafia? That also means there's more town in there, dude. Also i disagree with the 1/1/1 assessment
Dsjstr () - Ds still seems to think 0 mafia in group one is an option. It really isnt. They don't care if one of their members dies if it means winning
Kanna () - I disagree that all 3 scum would go down together if they hate playing scum. I think they'd be more likely to 1/1/1 if they hate playing scum. that way they can win quickest or at least die quickly if they fail. 3/0/0 ensures a longer scum game and a very stressful D2 probably
Mohab () - I disagree, i think talking about the partitions is useful, especially in the first few pages.
Mohab () - Okay mohab realizes we dont have anything else to discuss and talks about partitions anyway
Mohab (58) - Mohab has a realization that lynching group 1 is even more risky because scum has a nightkill. Suggests we use it to our advantage on D2 rather than hit group 1

Mohab () - Votes for his own group of 3 ! I think Mohab found ds scummy and is now voting for group 3, his own group, because of it. Strong town pings

Ame () - I agree, that post by Kanna is a pretty big niche situation to defend the possibility of 3/0/0

Enomis () - Eh this is kind of a pointless question
Enomis () - Theorycrafting that gets more or less disproven by Ame a bit later. Town indicative? Scum knows a lot more about this than we do, im inclined to believe this theory was genuine

Ame () - I do slightly wonder if Ame knows more about the setup and can disprove faulty reasoning easier than town. I actually don't think this is likely in this case though, what she says here isn't something only scum could figure out
Albert () - I agree. Could be a faked reaction or a real one though.
Albert () - Albert sounds really confident scum would put all 3 in group one and then sweep the game from there. i have no idea if this is because he is scum muddying the waters or if that's what he felt
Raya () - Raya doesn't really say anything in this post. someone points this out later. I do agree with Raya's points, but that's because a lot of them are my points
Albert () - Albert really thinks scum should have chosen to put all 3 in group one. Hm.
Raya () - Raya is more than happy to lynch her own group if it were decided there was 2+ scum in it. Doesn't give me the town vibes like Mohab did. Mohab is taking a risk, raya is more like a "Yeah i'd do that too", but Raya is in way less risk of it actually happening
Hoctac () - Well yes. But still. let me have my partition speculation fun :'c
Enomis () - "i want to be here on day 2" lol what? Lean town cause i find it hard to believe scum says that

Hoctac () - I disagree, Enomis and Mohab haven't been sus. But i can see why someone would find them suspicious. Ds sure.
Cat () - Cat leans town on Mohab!! yes !!!

Hoctac () - Suggesting we lynch group one if there's enough scummy players in there, although he presently thinks there's scummy players in group three. You're worrying me hoctoc
Enomis () - Enomis is not self aware of how he kinda seems like lynchbait. To clarify: He does kinda seem like lynchbait. but he's town i think

Hoctac () - I can see the reasoning here: Mohab goes back on what they said immediately about the partitions, sure. But i dont think Mohab is scum, and certainly not from this
Dsjstr () - Ds cannot see why mafia would go for a 1/1/1 setup. Hard disagree
Cat () - yeah cat u tell him

Albert () - Albert is pushing really hard for a group one suspicion. it worries me but still i dont think its necessarily scummy
Albert () - i am scARED
Ame () - I agree
Ame () - I agree again

D&D () - Disagree on the point about the setup talk. i think the sentiment is towny though. Don't like the enomis read. Do like the Raya read

Adorbs () - Interesting she came to the conclusion it's likely 1/1/1, and therefore dissuades us from voting group one. I wonder if it's 2/0/1 and adorbs wants us to think there's only 1 in group one so day 2 is easier. I'm biased though cause i admit i read cat saying she doesn't like Adorbs' entrance
Albert () - Disagree, there could be 1 scum in group 2

no, i dont expect anyone to read that. i just worked thru the thread in this post rather than in my notes cause idk

You know, im sure somebody probably brought this up already, but if we figure out that there's 2 scum in group one, maybe we could wait for the next day and then target group one players. I guess scum could screw us with the partitions again though.

Spoiler: reads
GROUP 1:
Adorable

Ame

Cat Scratch Fever

Daenerys and Dragons
Hoctac
Kanna
Morning Tweet

Raya36
GROUP 2:
Albert B. Rampage
clidd
GROUP 3:
dsjstr
enomis

Mohab500
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 141, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 137, Adorable wrote:On the vote count there was a message on day 1 saying groups have changed and vote count got reset. A scum player got switched to another group and the group that got lynched on day 1 were all town.
I wonder if the same thing is going to happen here.
This isn't the exact same setup. there aren't any roles in this game
On the bolded part is it safe to assume there won't be a group change on day 1 since the setup is different?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

@Adorable
that game had PR craziness. Roles that could swap groups and stuff like that.

This game there are no power roles. so the groups are static this time, no chance of them changing
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 146, Morning Tweet wrote:
@Adorable
that game had PR craziness. Roles that could swap groups and stuff like that.

This game there are no power roles. so the groups are static this time, no chance of them changing
Thanks for clearing that up. I only checked the mod iso to see what the flips looked like.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 144, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 135, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Morning Tweet needs to start scumhunting.
Spoiler: your wish is my command
Cat () - Leaning towards this being a genuine reaction to not realizing the setup, which makes me inclined to think it's towny

D&D () - Could see this question being faked or being real
Cat () - I agree with this assessment
Cat () - Leaning towards Cat really just realizing this as opposed to faking just realizing it. would expect scum to wait longer perhaps, unsure

Hoctac () - Oh god
D&D () - voting group one as a snap reaction to me only saying hello to one half. Or something like that. either way i can't get a read on d&d.
Ame () - This is a good point that i missed earlier. I agree wholeheartedly, i think scum set it up this way with the intent of getting maximum expected value

Kanna () - I am starting to become suspicious of players who want to nuke group one. However, my initial reaction to the setup was also wanting to nuke group one, so there's a grace period on this
Kanna () - i do tend to agree with this though. Actually this is pretty similar to my reaction. I am pretty sure it's 2 scum + i too did not realize the MYLO 2 scum bit

Ame () - Good post by Ame. way ahead of me on realizing we can't really figure out how scum distributed themselves without actually finding scum first. I read a game where Ame tricked a town into sending her up to heaven, though. Scary scum player
Enomis () - Wanting to nuke group one initially cause there's probably 2 scum in there
Enomis () - And then realizing that even if we get 2 scum, we get sent to MYLO. similar progression to Kanna and myself once again where we initially want to kill group one but then realizes better
Dsjstr () - This is a pretty surface-level assessment. We should lynch group one because there are more people, which means there's more mafia? That also means there's more town in there, dude. Also i disagree with the 1/1/1 assessment
Dsjstr () - Ds still seems to think 0 mafia in group one is an option. It really isnt. They don't care if one of their members dies if it means winning
Kanna () - I disagree that all 3 scum would go down together if they hate playing scum. I think they'd be more likely to 1/1/1 if they hate playing scum. that way they can win quickest or at least die quickly if they fail. 3/0/0 ensures a longer scum game and a very stressful D2 probably
Mohab () - I disagree, i think talking about the partitions is useful, especially in the first few pages.
Mohab () - Okay mohab realizes we dont have anything else to discuss and talks about partitions anyway
Mohab (58) - Mohab has a realization that lynching group 1 is even more risky because scum has a nightkill. Suggests we use it to our advantage on D2 rather than hit group 1

Mohab () - Votes for his own group of 3 ! I think Mohab found ds scummy and is now voting for group 3, his own group, because of it. Strong town pings

Ame () - I agree, that post by Kanna is a pretty big niche situation to defend the possibility of 3/0/0

Enomis () - Eh this is kind of a pointless question
Enomis () - Theorycrafting that gets more or less disproven by Ame a bit later. Town indicative? Scum knows a lot more about this than we do, im inclined to believe this theory was genuine

Ame () - I do slightly wonder if Ame knows more about the setup and can disprove faulty reasoning easier than town. I actually don't think this is likely in this case though, what she says here isn't something only scum could figure out
Albert () - I agree. Could be a faked reaction or a real one though.
Albert () - Albert sounds really confident scum would put all 3 in group one and then sweep the game from there. i have no idea if this is because he is scum muddying the waters or if that's what he felt
Raya () - Raya doesn't really say anything in this post. someone points this out later. I do agree with Raya's points, but that's because a lot of them are my points
Albert () - Albert really thinks scum should have chosen to put all 3 in group one. Hm.
Raya () - Raya is more than happy to lynch her own group if it were decided there was 2+ scum in it. Doesn't give me the town vibes like Mohab did. Mohab is taking a risk, raya is more like a "Yeah i'd do that too", but Raya is in way less risk of it actually happening
Hoctac () - Well yes. But still. let me have my partition speculation fun :'c
Enomis () - "i want to be here on day 2" lol what? Lean town cause i find it hard to believe scum says that

Hoctac () - I disagree, Enomis and Mohab haven't been sus. But i can see why someone would find them suspicious. Ds sure.
Cat () - Cat leans town on Mohab!! yes !!!

Hoctac () - Suggesting we lynch group one if there's enough scummy players in there, although he presently thinks there's scummy players in group three. You're worrying me hoctoc
Enomis () - Enomis is not self aware of how he kinda seems like lynchbait. To clarify: He does kinda seem like lynchbait. but he's town i think

Hoctac () - I can see the reasoning here: Mohab goes back on what they said immediately about the partitions, sure. But i dont think Mohab is scum, and certainly not from this
Dsjstr () - Ds cannot see why mafia would go for a 1/1/1 setup. Hard disagree
Cat () - yeah cat u tell him

Albert () - Albert is pushing really hard for a group one suspicion. it worries me but still i dont think its necessarily scummy
Albert () - i am scARED
Ame () - I agree
Ame () - I agree again

D&D () - Disagree on the point about the setup talk. i think the sentiment is towny though. Don't like the enomis read. Do like the Raya read

Adorbs () - Interesting she came to the conclusion it's likely 1/1/1, and therefore dissuades us from voting group one. I wonder if it's 2/0/1 and adorbs wants us to think there's only 1 in group one so day 2 is easier. I'm biased though cause i admit i read cat saying she doesn't like Adorbs' entrance
Albert () - Disagree, there could be 1 scum in group 2

no, i dont expect anyone to read that. i just worked thru the thread in this post rather than in my notes cause idk

You know, im sure somebody probably brought this up already, but if we figure out that there's 2 scum in group one, maybe we could wait for the next day and then target group one players. I guess scum could screw us with the partitions again though.

Spoiler: reads
GROUP 1:
Adorable

Ame

Cat Scratch Fever

Daenerys and Dragons
Hoctac
Kanna
Morning Tweet

Raya36
GROUP 2:
Albert B. Rampage
clidd
GROUP 3:
dsjstr
enomis

Mohab500
I'll note this down if group 1 doesn't get lynched on day 1, then I can expect maybe Morning Tweet is scum in my group who plans on keeping me alive for day 2 who will put me in another group opposite of hers.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Mohab500 »

In post 143, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 138, Mohab500 wrote:Ultimately, none of that really matters because I have a strong suspicion there is scum in group 3, so if you feel like I am scummy, all the better.
Why group 3 over group 2?
It's just a hunch.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”