Micro 940: A Normal Blitz II - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 173, Madoka wrote:Stating that you were just making the wagons even would have been sufficient.
it would've been
sufficient
, but it wouldn't have been
true
. i wanted it known that i'm also slightly suspecting umlaut. which might or might not be a moot point now if they reaffirm the mason claims or not.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 3:42 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

hot take: shiki is town
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 3:44 am

what's the likelihood that we're in the same/similar setup as of the last blitz and that one of umlaut and hoctac are scum?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 3:47 am

Post by Datisi »

elaborate on shiki read?

probably ~about random, i'd guess these setups are pulled at random from the approved premade setups.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 3:48 am

Post by shiki »

In post 177, humaneatingmonkey wrote:what's the likelihood that we're in the same/similar setup as of the last blitz and that one of umlaut and hoctac are scum?
In post 178, Datisi wrote:probably ~about random, i'd guess these setups are pulled at random from the approved premade setups.
are you both assuming that i am right about the neighbourhood?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 3:48 am

gut
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 3:49 am

i feel like this is the same shiki in the last blitz game
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 3:50 am

In post 179, shiki wrote:are you both assuming that i am right about the neighbourhood?
i mean it makes sense. im still waiting for umlaut and hoctac's confirmation
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 3:51 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 179, shiki wrote:
In post 177, humaneatingmonkey wrote:what's the likelihood that we're in the same/similar setup as of the last blitz and that one of umlaut and hoctac are scum?
In post 178, Datisi wrote:probably ~about random, i'd guess these setups are pulled at random from the approved premade setups.
are you both assuming that i am right about the neighbourhood?
i think they gotta have ~some~ sorta information/connection to each other. galaxy brain Masons are possible, but neighbours would be my better guess. no idea on their alignments then.
~M
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:01 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Shiki is a decent Townlean right now. I
think
she's posting like she did in the Blitz?

Her playstyle is quite different from when I knew her as TRQ so i'm finding it difficult to meta read.

But her content so far seems decent.

I think this is an unfair push though:
In post 151, Umlaut wrote:I can also say she's posted some -stuff- but not really anything that seems aimed at forming or advancing a read.
because of
In post 97, shiki wrote:i think it is town indicative
In post 142, shiki wrote:i do not think hiraki's lurking is alignment indicative
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:06 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 183, Datisi wrote:think they gotta have ~some~ sorta information/connection to each other. galaxy brain Masons are possible, but neighbours would be my better guess. no idea on their alignments then.
I think they're either Masons or Scum.

I can't think of a reason the Neighbors would co-ordinate a Mason fake claim, especially if they don't know each other's alignment (Neighbors usually don't right?).
GeorgeBailey
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Datisi »

neighbors don't know roles or alignments of each other, no. i admit big brain mason play is possible, but i agree with shiki's with regard to why it's unlikely, that's why i think memeing neighbors are more likely? if they're truly the scumteam then i don't even know. a fake mason claim in a 9p is gonna be obvious soon.
~M
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:29 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 133, Hoctac wrote:Look, I don't see any way out of this without pretending I have a townlean/read on Umlaut when I don't.

We're actually masons, and I didn't like Datisi creating momentum on the wagon because it could be a way to get us to claim or spew whether we're actually masons, or if it was a joke.

There
[I'm on phone so pretend the quote form Umlaut is here where he states he doesnt want to talk about the claim]
I had this thought waking up and since we apperently are discussing it, my brain must be working ahead of time.

My issue with the claim is its function so far in the thread: read mitigating. From what Hoctac implies in the first paragraph, he wanted to claim masons as a reaction test to see who investigates the claim further. This is fine. I dont think it's the best usage if a masonry if we are to believe the claim, but fine.

However, if that is the case like Shiki pointed out, I expect that Ulmat would not be as clueless as he portrays. I get faking it to entice scum to question to a certain point, but the degree that he has done so has comprised the reaction test. The multiple down right refusal to talk about it makes it so town has to talk about the claims; mudding the results of it. It honestly feels as there is a gap between their agendas due to the dysfunctional progression.

Coupled with the oddness of statements like having to townlean your Mason buddy (not true at all) is off from the logic it's a reaction test.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:34 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

And if it is neighbors gambitting, then what's the goal?

Actually as I write this, this could make sense. They are neighbors and and Hoctac doesnt explain the reaction test to umlaut since doing so gives scum!umlaut time to explain the test to his scum buddy. So the confusion, disregarding how real we say it is, is because he is actually going off the rails and testing both the thread and umlaut?

That's the only thing I can see to explain it and it has holes in it.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:36 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

But if that's the case, why did Ulmat not NUZZLESLAM Hoctac when he claimed Mason if they are neighbors? If they are neighbors, it should bother him that his neighbor is putting him in an auto town read due to not knowing each others alignment. But his protests are over the fact that they claimed and he doubled down and confirmed its masons.

I need booze.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:41 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 154, Umlaut wrote:
In post 112, Umlaut wrote:Also
why are we wagoning the person who isn't even here?
Lurking is bad but complete absence isn't lurking.
You're right, instead of just asking why, I asked why and made a guess. Are you going somewhere with this?
I'll concede that you did technically ask. However, there is a big tonal shift between saying "Lurking is bad but complete absence isnt lurking" vs "Is it due to Lurking?"

The former preemptively calls the supposed logic bad throws discredit at the votes. The latter is a genuine question that isnt leading the reader to any AI assumptions.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:41 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 157, Madoka wrote:I think Hiraki is currently a good place for pressure. I do not have any strong reads yet.
So pressure them?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:43 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 161, Madoka wrote:I
think that's probably not alignment indicative. It seems to depend on his motivation.
During a round of Conspiracy, he was similar in tone.
From what I've observed, I think town!Datasi comes alive when he feels he has good insight.
That being said,
perhaps you may be onto something with the Umlaut vot
e. What did you not like about it. I presume he was voting Umlaut for the sake of making the wagons even?
?

Was this a way to gague Hoctac's read?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:45 am

HG how do you feel when i tell you that im not townreading you
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:47 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 163, Hiraki wrote:
In post 51, Hoctac wrote:actually, that's a fair point. It looks natural but questioning it at all is a little tactless.
I'm not voting due to the questioning, I'm voting due to the response.
In post 72, Umlaut wrote:
In post 45, Hiraki wrote:
Vote: humaneatingmonkey
Come back to us, we miss you already.
I miss not explaining.
In post 46, humaneatingmonkey wrote:idk guys earlier i was thinking of bringing it up but then i thought "but then their reaction would probably confirm it and i dont want to confirm it if it wasnt a joke"
so im not resonating
This doesn't sound like a town line of logic and it feels rather forced given the prior posts before it.
In post 95, Hoctac wrote:
In post 91, GeorgeBailey wrote:@Hoctac why are you voting Hiraki?
townpings of varying degrees on everyone but shiki and Hiraki of people who have posted thus far
yikes

In post 112, Umlaut wrote:I have like no read on anyone.

Also why are we wagoning the person who isn't even here? Lurking is bad but complete absence isn't lurking.
This is what concerns me. I'm in a similar camp (although I really do SR HEM) but Hoctac's post above gives me worse feelings. You can really get a "town ping" from everyone? Already? You know who's missing from that list? Madoka.
In post 121, Hoctac wrote:I don't like this

VOTE: Datisi
Why is it that both of your pings have been people who have voted/switched votes? Are you just paranoid?
In post 124, Hoctac wrote:I shall play my answer a question with a question card:

What do you think of Datisi's naked vote of trying to wagon Umlaut?
Terrible rationale here.
In post 125, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I'll introduce a third party and interject a question of my own:
Why are you squeamish about Datisi's naked vote and not mine? Why are you squeamish about wagons forming on people you have no reads on?

Unless you have a read on Umlaut?
Wow, maybe I am wrong.
In post 142, shiki wrote:
In post 137, Umlaut wrote:Yes, I do think it's more accurate to say Hiraki is lurking than Madoka, which is why I think voting him and keeping my vote their is productive since it might produce some kind of actual pressure while voting Madoka is just a null-op.
i do not think hiraki's lurking is alignment indicative in the same way that i do not think hoctac's claiming masons is alignment indicative. hiraki is likely treating his vote as an egopost and waiting for the game to develop, which is in line with his play as either alignment.
thank you
Are you prosing that the lack of townping by hoctac on Madoka is associated? If so, how?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:48 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 193, humaneatingmonkey wrote:HG how do you feel when i tell you that im not townreading you
Relieved. Would hate to find out you were scum trying to buddy me again.

Nice curious George joke btw
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:48 am

shiki is HG town?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:54 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

Shiki is HEM town?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:55 am

like i dont know what im looking at and i cant describe it but you seem different
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:56 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

I am changing my playstyle if that helps.

Where/how am I different to you?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”