Newbie 2003: Earth [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:57 am

Post by votato »

In post 374, joqiza wrote:
Clemency

Starts the game clearly giving zero shits, does not bother responding to someone accusing him of a literal scumslip, I’ve already made a case on him based simple on page 1 and page 2, probably a vanilla townie. Unvoted enomis at L-2, again towny there was no reason to drive enomis up to L-1 that early. Posts #247 and #248 suck tho. Posts on page 13 is or whatever where he’s evaluating Koba are actually really strong, normally this kind of hedging behavior is kind of scummy but it reads more like you see him re-evaluating in realtime. this slot is town albeit useless and will probably hammer wrong if they end up in lylo but there’s not much we can do about it.

Maduisha

Tone feels incredibly stilted from page 1, never improves, literally just read post #299 “Anyway, Ydrasse, I welcome inquiries.” feel bad pushing that because there’s some evidence of language barrier “or at least achieve not to frustrate you guys.” More importantly: reads with little to no backing, I already pointed out that she has three townreads (or “townleans”) by page 3 of the game, super questionable. Tone improved when I pushed them, had a sort of quiet defensiveness. Then got worse again, post #253 reads super theatrical though like it’s 11 pages, game isn’t that bad yet chill out, seems extremely insincere. Slot could make for a good lynch regardless of alignment tbh if town they’re gonna get mishammered at some point and I don’t think they’re PR. Post #306 is such garbage, like you’re expressing doubts about your midway push but you’re constantly doubling down on them why not flip to another slot when you’re not getting anything out of this one push. Analysis: scum read

Ydrasse

Exceedingly reasonable in every post, the only person besides me who is showing signs of rereading and citing actual posts, probably my biggest TR at the moment, if she’s scum I’ll be legitimately sad. Not much else to say on this atm I think she's the universal townread rn

joqiza

Literally every post from this man is a gift from god, hard town 100% never flips scum ever

Midwaybear

No clue how anyone is evaluating this slot other than through meta, I have no idea how to read his content. If town seems to be exhibiting sheeping behavior which is not good.
the midway read here is really bad. also, now you're voting someone you think is exceedingly reasonable in every post and your top townread. you also had sorted clemency as town, but then later you lynched the slot. im not seeing evidence of natural thought progressions. in fact, the way you answer what your present reads are by citing past posts suggests that you dont have natural reads and are trying to not get tripped up in inconsistencies by having the same exact read on people. I was a bit unsure about my vote on you, but now im pretty confident.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:59 am

Post by joqiza »

I do not recall a single a game I have ever played, town or mafia, where I have not played emotionally
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:00 am

Post by joqiza »

Not even voting ydrasse but OK
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:00 am

Post by Datisi »

Official Vote Count 2.02

With 7 votes in play, it takes 4 to lynch.

Lynching
joqiza
(2): Maduisha, Ydrasse
Ydrasse
(1): DkKoba
votato
(1): Apogee
Maduisha
(1): joqiza

Not Voting
(2): enomis, votato

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-05-24 12:30:00).

Mod notes:
[/area]
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:01 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 2249, enomis wrote:313 doesn't really explain much. Why are you okay with votato being in your 4th lynch pool despite you reading him as town?

Also, 2220 doesn't explain anything. You had Ydrasse as highly sus before your sheep.
U asked why I voted her. I gave you an answer.

I have the right to be suspicious of someone who votes me for an explanation I find lackluster
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:04 am

Post by votato »

In post 2254, joqiza wrote:
In post 2249, enomis wrote:313 doesn't really explain much. Why are you okay with votato being in your 4th lynch pool despite you reading him as town?

Also, 2220 doesn't explain anything. You had Ydrasse as highly sus before your sheep.

I have the right to be suspicious of someone who votes me for an explanation I find lackluster
you did vote ydrasse though. your top townread. one post was enough to change that?
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

we had 2 people flip as town that were scummy asf enomis
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:05 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 2250, votato wrote:
In post 374, joqiza wrote:
Clemency

Starts the game clearly giving zero shits, does not bother responding to someone accusing him of a literal scumslip, I’ve already made a case on him based simple on page 1 and page 2, probably a vanilla townie. Unvoted enomis at L-2, again towny there was no reason to drive enomis up to L-1 that early. Posts #247 and #248 suck tho. Posts on page 13 is or whatever where he’s evaluating Koba are actually really strong, normally this kind of hedging behavior is kind of scummy but it reads more like you see him re-evaluating in realtime. this slot is town albeit useless and will probably hammer wrong if they end up in lylo but there’s not much we can do about it.

Maduisha

Tone feels incredibly stilted from page 1, never improves, literally just read post #299 “Anyway, Ydrasse, I welcome inquiries.” feel bad pushing that because there’s some evidence of language barrier “or at least achieve not to frustrate you guys.” More importantly: reads with little to no backing, I already pointed out that she has three townreads (or “townleans”) by page 3 of the game, super questionable. Tone improved when I pushed them, had a sort of quiet defensiveness. Then got worse again, post #253 reads super theatrical though like it’s 11 pages, game isn’t that bad yet chill out, seems extremely insincere. Slot could make for a good lynch regardless of alignment tbh if town they’re gonna get mishammered at some point and I don’t think they’re PR. Post #306 is such garbage, like you’re expressing doubts about your midway push but you’re constantly doubling down on them why not flip to another slot when you’re not getting anything out of this one push. Analysis: scum read

Ydrasse

Exceedingly reasonable in every post, the only person besides me who is showing signs of rereading and citing actual posts, probably my biggest TR at the moment, if she’s scum I’ll be legitimately sad. Not much else to say on this atm I think she's the universal townread rn

joqiza

Literally every post from this man is a gift from god, hard town 100% never flips scum ever

Midwaybear

No clue how anyone is evaluating this slot other than through meta, I have no idea how to read his content. If town seems to be exhibiting sheeping behavior which is not good.
the midway read here is really bad. also, now you're voting someone you think is exceedingly reasonable in every post and your top townread. you also had sorted clemency as town, but then later you lynched the slot. im not seeing evidence of natural thought progressions. in fact, the way you answer what your present reads are by citing past posts suggests that you dont have natural reads and are trying to not get tripped up in inconsistencies by having the same exact read on people. I was a bit unsure about my vote on you, but now im pretty confident.
Bro I am citing shit because I'm tired of repeating myself over and over again....... look at today that's all that's been happening.

The bear read is amazing and yeah I hard TR clemency but it was between a guy with 30 posts and a guy with 300+ do you expect me to not weight one over the other

I am getting nitpicked so much rn LOL keep it coming
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:07 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 2255, votato wrote:
In post 2254, joqiza wrote:

you did vote ydrasse though. your top townread. one post was enough to change that?
Yes by voting her today I signalled my intent to 100% Lynch her there was no way I was just trying to put pressure on her to actually get an explanation for her read on me that would never happen no one's done that this game ever the only way you can use ur vote is to lynch that's all you can use it for you got me
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:07 am

Post by enomis »

In post 2256, DkKoba wrote:we had 2 people flip as town that were scummy asf enomis
????. Don't really get what you are trying to say with this.

But I townread the two person that you said was scummy as fuck. This probably means you need to adjust you scum radar because honestly, whatever thing you are latching onto now is wrong.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:09 am

Post by enomis »

I am not refering to Ydrasse btw. Haven't had time to iso her. Iso-ing in this game is a pain in the ass.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

or perhaps you're reading from a place of being informed, rather than being town if thats the case
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:23 am

Post by joqiza »

Can we all just make a blood pact not to take the full 10 days again like that's all I care about rn
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:26 am

Post by enomis »

In post 2261, DkKoba wrote:or perhaps you're reading from a place of being informed, rather than being town if thats the case
What does this post do other than possibly making us get into an argument again.

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:31 am

Post by enomis »

joqiza, you still haven't explained why you were willing to put votato in your lynchpool even though you townread him with minor red flags.

Also, I agree with votato. does that one post strike off your townread of ydrasse? Was your townread on her this weak?

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:37 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2263, enomis wrote:
In post 2261, DkKoba wrote:or perhaps you're reading from a place of being informed, rather than being town if thats the case
What does this post do other than possibly making us get into an argument again.
talk like scum get treated like scum
retired
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:37 am

Post by joqiza »

I don't understand your question. When I made that post, I was willing to put him in my lynchpool because of those red flags and my evaluation of him as a player. At the end of the day, I lynched Quick over votato because there were 1000 posts in between that read list and the hammer and Quick scumtold and votato didn't. Actually votato towntold a bit imo.

Are you ignoring the fact that Ydrasse and votato both TR me yesterday and opened up today by putting me on L-1? We're their TRs on me that weak? Why am I being held to this standard where I can never reconsider anything but they aren't?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:40 am

Post by votato »

In post 2266, joqiza wrote:I don't understand your question. When I made that post, I was willing to put him in my lynchpool because of those red flags and my evaluation of him as a player. At the end of the day, I lynched Quick over votato because there were 1000 posts in between that read list and the hammer and Quick scumtold and votato didn't. Actually votato towntold a bit imo.

Are you ignoring the fact that Ydrasse and votato both TR me yesterday and opened up today by putting me on L-1? We're their TRs on me that weak? Why am I being held to this standard where I can never reconsider anything but they aren't?
a few things. 1) the legwork has been done to call out your inconsistencies. 2)flips help thoughts develop, so reads should change. the reason we FoS you is that you are citing old posts (really really old sometimes) to justify your reads, yet your actions have changed. thats not an organic progression. you cant both have the same reads as early yesterday and also be pushing different people. you're largely ignored the case against you, and haven't done much to elaborate on your thoughts.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:42 am

Post by joqiza »

why don't you rewrite "the case against me" in your own words votato let's see if you actually have a thought process behind this or if you're just repeating what other people are saying. Why don't you lay the whole thing out as you understand it
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:47 am

Post by joqiza »

The accusations against me are so vague I can't even respond to them properly. I'm citing old posts when old questions are asked of me. I'm being asked to simulatenously never rethink my reads but also stay committed to them. I'm pretty sure I've responded to every post made at me but I'm being told I'm dodging. There's not much else I can do at this point.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:47 am

Post by votato »

what have my posts been doing if not laying out my thoughts? go address my posts.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:47 am

Post by enomis »

I haven't iso them so I wouldn't know. But what I want to know is your thoughts.

Sure, you can reconsider. But did that vote on you really strike-off your Town read on her.
Did you also consider the fact that 3 people are currently doing it.

Maybe let's rephrase my question, what is your view on yrrasse right now?

Also, don't be so defensive, I am trying to know your thoughts.

@dkkoba, just wanna know abit of joqiza meta from you.
does joqiza do this kind of why me post usually? Is this like his default playstyle?

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:48 am

Post by enomis »

^^^ meant for joqiza.

votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:49 am

Post by votato »

who says you can never rethink? im just saying you need to walk us through your thought progression, which you havent done at all
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:51 am

Post by enomis »

I feel like votato is copying me..

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”