Newbie 2003: Earth [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:16 am

Post by votato »

In post 2323, Maduisha wrote:
In post 2307, votato wrote:
In post 2300, Maduisha wrote:I think it's also clear that Votato is sheeping Enomis to push Joqiza because he has no arguments to look like town scumhunting.
are you even reading what I'm posting? You can't honestly think that
Yes, I read your posts and I still think you're latching onto anyone's reasoning to bus your partner for convenience here.
In post 2311, votato wrote:actually id appreciate fully articulated read lists from everyone, but in particular the lurkers: enomis, ydrasse, apogee, and maduisha.
Funny thing to call us lurkers, but okay buddy. I guess I should make posts with 1 sentence like you so I can have thousands in my postcount? Sigh.

Scum: Joqiza, Votato.
Town: Everyone else.

The end. If I were to be wrong, I'd re-evaluate maybe Apogee and Ydrasse because I'm less confident about those two, but still feel they're towny and I don't want any of them lynched today.
which of my reasons are sheeping? you're gonna have to do more work here to actually convince anyone of the sheeping accusation. why are you sure about Dk and enomis?
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 2324, votato wrote:hmm i actually think midway's death implicates maduisha. it seems pretty clear that the kill was intended to make me look guilty. midway was tunneled on me 100%. But maduisha was too, and maduisha was far more cogent in her reasoning. if i were gonna kill someone who was tunneling me to take the pressure off, it woulda been her. scum trying to implicate me should also have killed her, because thats pretty obvious. yet midway died and maduisha is still alive. and maduisha has done nothing to develop or progress her reads. It could be really bad town play, but i think its more likely to come from scum.
1. You are assuming the NK played around you because potato.
2. Assuming scum wants to kill anyone who gets scumread by others instead of players most people trust makes no sense.
3. You say "I did nothing to develop my reads" yet I posted several lengthy posts that explained my thought process. But you are conveniently ignoring their existence here because you have no argument to call me scum.

I am honestly done replying to you because that last one really rubbed me the wrong way. If I'm wrong and you are town, then I have no words.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:22 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 2315, enomis wrote:
In post 2286, joqiza wrote: At least one of you is town, and
those of you who lynched Quick with me know TvT misunderstandings are possible.
If you're going to mislynch me let's not let it be because we didn't communicate.
@Joqiza:

Why only those who lynched knows TvT misunderstandings are possible?

Also could you answer my question before:

1) How did your view on Ydrasse changed from town to scum from one post.
2) You are saying that you never considered hammering Votato
BUT
In post 790, joqiza wrote:
If there is a 4th player I would throw into my above lynchlist, it would be votato
, simply because he seems more capable as a player and there are certain red flags which I’ve noticed.
How did this 4th player in lynch pool transform to not lynching him on the day.
TvT question: because they lynched quick this game. Don't know why it matters, it was just an appeal.

1. It hasn't, I called her "highly suspect" not mafia. Just an emotional rxn
2. I feel like you are town but you have not read the game. That is post 790. There are 1000+ posts in between that and the hammer. Most of those red flags I mentioned got better in that time and I don't think u should hammer a player if your only reason is "well they might be good enough to fool me."
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 2325, votato wrote:
In post 2300, Maduisha wrote:I think it's also clear that Votato is sheeping Enomis to push Joqiza because he has no arguments to look like town scumhunting.
Yes, I read your posts and I still think you're latching onto anyone's reasoning to bus your partner for convenience here.
In post 2311, votato wrote:actually id appreciate fully articulated read lists from everyone, but in particular the lurkers: enomis, ydrasse, apogee, and maduisha.
Funny thing to call us lurkers, but okay buddy. I guess I should make posts with 1 sentence like you so I can have thousands in my postcount? Sigh.

The end. If I were to be wrong, I'd re-evaluate maybe Apogee and Ydrasse because I'm less confident about those two, but still feel they're towny and I don't want any of them lynched today.
which of my reasons are sheeping? you're gonna have to do more work here to actually convince anyone of the sheeping accusation. why are you sure about Dk and enomis?
Your reasons for sheeping is bussing your partner for towncred as I already said, since you didn't want the gamestate to go back to people voting you like in D1.

I already explained several times why I think those two are town. Go check my ISO, press ctrl+F with their usernames and entertain yourself. Then come and convince the rest that my progression doesn't exist.

Like I said, I'm done. Say whatever you want. Have fun.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:24 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 2305, joqiza wrote:The vote on you isn't an OMGUS vote. OMGUS is when you vote someone for no other reason than they voted you. I have plenty of good reasons to vote you
Friendly reminder that this is the fashion in which you voted me:

Spoiler:
In post 2235, joqiza wrote:I'm honestly so done like I'm just gonna VOTE: Maduisha I truly do not care if this flips town I'm over it. Game is literally unplayable while she's alive all she does is tunnel me with complete garbage and refuse to re-evaluate it's the most stubborn play I've ever come across

Does not sound to me like "good reasons" even if you have them, all I read there is you want me out of the game because I suck.
Nah, I voted you because you took a small NAI detail of my behavior, blew it up to massive proportions, and then used that to justify your entire read on me instead of assessing my content holistically.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:32 am

Post by votato »

In post 2326, Maduisha wrote:
In post 2324, votato wrote:hmm i actually think midway's death implicates maduisha. it seems pretty clear that the kill was intended to make me look guilty. midway was tunneled on me 100%. But maduisha was too, and maduisha was far more cogent in her reasoning. if i were gonna kill someone who was tunneling me to take the pressure off, it woulda been her. scum trying to implicate me should also have killed her, because thats pretty obvious. yet midway died and maduisha is still alive. and maduisha has done nothing to develop or progress her reads. It could be really bad town play, but i think its more likely to come from scum.
1. You are assuming the NK played around you because potato.
2. Assuming scum wants to kill anyone who gets scumread by others instead of players most people trust makes no sense.
3. You say "I did nothing to develop my reads" yet I posted several lengthy posts that explained my thought process. But you are conveniently ignoring their existence here because you have no argument to call me scum.

I am honestly done replying to you because that last one really rubbed me the wrong way. If I'm wrong and you are town, then I have no words.
1. No I'm assuming the NK revolved around me because midway played awful, so there was no reason to kill midway midway didnt contribute at all, and was a detriment to the town. midway was approaching policy-lynch level uselessness, so scum did us a favor by killing the slot. the "doc on me" stuff could have been trying to bait the scum-shot, in which case well done midway. but scum should have been able to see that that was a VT.
2. see 1
3. your reads have hardly changed at all. you write more wallposts, but they all say the same thing. You decided pretty early on day one for personal reasons that I'm scum, and have refused to reconsider. thats bad play.
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:34 am

Post by votato »

In post 2328, Maduisha wrote:
In post 2325, votato wrote:

Your reasons for sheeping is bussing your partner for towncred as I already said, since you didn't want the gamestate to go back to people voting you like in D1.

I already explained several times why I think those two are town. Go check my ISO, press ctrl+F with their usernames and entertain yourself. Then come and convince the rest that my progression doesn't exist.

Like I said, I'm done. Say whatever you want. Have fun.
i didnt ask you why im sheeping. i asked you to point out which of my arguments are sheeped. I feel like most of what I've said is original scumhunting, and the progressions make logical sense and would be hard to fake.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:03 am

Post by Datisi »

Official Vote Count 2.03

With 7 votes in play, it takes 4 to lynch.

Lynching
joqiza
(2): Maduisha, Ydrasse
Ydrasse
(1): DkKoba
votato
(1): Apogee
Maduisha
(1): joqiza

Not Voting
(2): enomis, votato

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-05-24 12:30:00).

Mod notes:
[/area]
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:08 am

Post by votato »

VOTE: joqiza. nothing has happened to make me doubt my scum read here. more things have happened to make me confident. for more detail, see my ISO. I think it would be OK to get a claim here, but I'm not ready to lynch just yet.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:25 am

Post by DkKoba »

votato why u rushing
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:31 am

Post by votato »

what makes you say im rushing?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2333, votato wrote:VOTE: joqiza. nothing has happened to make me doubt my scum read here. more things have happened to make me confident. for more detail, see my ISO. I think it would be OK to get a claim here, but I'm not ready to lynch just yet.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:56 am

Post by votato »

was it the part where i said im not ready to lynch?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 am

Post by DkKoba »

ur trying too hard to get him to claim
retired
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 am

Post by votato »

its not up to me whether he claims. usually a claim is done after someone states intent to hammer. i can't do that, already being on the wagon
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:09 am

Post by DkKoba »

I refuse to give intent to hammer until we get information out of this day.
retired
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:45 am

Post by joqiza »

I'm just gonna claim cuz I don't really see myself not getting hammered today. I am vanilla townie.

I am a bit checked out now but I'll answer any questions ofc and I'll VOTE: Ydrasse to end things I think. If she's alive tomorrow she really needs some pressure on her, if she's wolf she's in deep. Her push on me felt the oddest from my own pov so I feel the need to mention it. In particular, felt evasive to me and her posts in general today should be revisited. I don't really have the energy to pursue it tho.

In the words of Quick: GLHF!
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:03 am

Post by joqiza »

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Ydrasse »

you know i think this post single-handedly has the power to change my vote if only because i was going through trying to make the same joke only linked to different posts of yours.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:08 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2341, joqiza wrote:I'm just gonna claim cuz I don't really see myself not getting hammered today. I am vanilla townie.

I am a bit checked out now but I'll answer any questions ofc and I'll VOTE: Ydrasse to end things I think. If she's alive tomorrow she really needs some pressure on her, if she's wolf she's in deep. Her push on me felt the oddest from my own pov so I feel the need to mention it. In particular, felt evasive to me and her posts in general today should be revisited. I don't really have the energy to pursue it tho.

In the words of Quick: GLHF!
what is wrong with u
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:09 am

Post by DkKoba »

the fact u just went ahead and resorted to AtE instead of trying to slow down discussion makes me think ur trying to fish bc all u are doing now is just narrowing down PR if u aretown
retired
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2310, enomis wrote:
In post 2283, Ydrasse wrote: for enomis, it is the lack of content and reaction he had when he came back that makes me think he's not scum. i don't see a world where a scum player puts in relatively little effort as he had and just... go with it. it doesn't make sense to me to glide with such little going on.
and, for apogee, i simply cannot figure out who he'd be scum with if he is scum. i look through his content and like dkkoba, i have to consider whether or not he's an opportunistic scum player hard-pushing on a townie or someone who's stubborn. my townread on him is not so strong as to never lynch him, and how it goes from here will change that.

however, it leaves in my "i would feel comfortable lynching this today" pool: joqiza, votato, dkkoba. of which i think are potential scum teams in joqiza/dkkoba and joqiza/votato. i don't think that dkkoba/votato is as likely, but given the attempts made at times to create a sense of distance between the two (votato saying there was a townblock and dkkoba immediately shutting that idea down), there is a chance of it. i am not so sure of it, though, as to put weight in it.
@Ydrasse

For your townread on me:
Why doesn't it makes sense for scum to glide when there is nothing going on. Shouldn't scum wants to make sure that there is nothing going on?

For your townread is apogee:
Did you rule out apogee being scum buddies with everyone to townread him? If so, could you list down reasons why he can't be scum buddies with anyone.
it's more that you've been called out for just sort of lurking, and a lot of your content at the start being relatively... nitpicky/focused on something that didn't really progress the game (at least, fmpov). and then you come out and say "yeah i just don't really have the effort to reread do this" and do a sort of bare-minimum effort deal, which... i dunno. i guess when i sit down and think about it, i don't see a reason as a scum player that you would be acting like this at the end of the day? like you're asking questions now obviously, trying to get stuff going, but even then it doesn't feel like it has much motivation behind it in the way i'd expect a scum player to have.

for apogee, as i've said before my scumpool today is votato, dkkoba and joqiza. i don't really see him being scum with any of these players? not votato who he's been pushing, and not joqiza who pushed on him a while back. it could be dkkoba, sure, but i don't really... see a world where that is our scumteam in this game? unless i am in fact playing the part of the clown this game.

dunno, maybe him trying to be open-minded and re-evaluate votato today is him trying to cover himself for voting on the quick wagon? the way i see it though, the people i scumread are most likely on a combination of some team together and the other three outside of that pool aren't scum for that reason.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:17 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 2343, Ydrasse wrote:
you know i think this post single-handedly has the power to change my vote if only because i was going through trying to make the same joke only linked to different posts of yours.
^ expressing uncertainty prior to the lynch
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2347, joqiza wrote:
In post 2343, Ydrasse wrote:
^ expressing uncertainty prior to the lynch
damn you really got me...
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:21 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 2345, DkKoba wrote:the fact u just went ahead and resorted to AtE instead of trying to slow down discussion makes me think ur trying to fish bc all u are doing now is just narrowing down PR if u aretown
Yes I fished by claiming VT o_O

I think at this point with 90 pages of material it's more important for people to actually read the game than to keep generating new content tbh

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”