Post by OkaPoka »

In post 3721, Quick wrote:
In post 3716, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3712, Quick wrote:
In post 3706, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3704, Quick wrote:
In post 3701, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3699, Quick wrote:
In post 3693, OkaPoka wrote:Quick, if you believe Jake is town. And let's assume you are town from your PoV. Do you really think that nero/TSE are town? You think its possible that four townies collectively shit the bed and sided with a lie and none of them did their due diligence?
I think you are being a terrible town leader, how does that sound?
That could possibly be fair. I might be wrong on you and yes that would make me a bad town leader in your eyes, but also you haven't answered my question.
Maybe you are just wrong and not them? How does that sound?
I might be wrong sure, but whats the alternatively explanation to my proposed two worlds? The last world is you four all scum.
You are not considering you are wrong here...

All four of us being Scum is bat shit crazy. Why does there NEED to be Scum in that group? How about you explain that... thoroughly.
I literally presented two worlds where all four of you are town or at least one of you are scum. ?
Except that Jake is Scum in all your worlds, right? Well if he's Town, then you just shit the bed with your analysis of what is going on here.
No? Jake is not scum in all my worlds.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3727 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3724, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3719, davesaz wrote:
In post 3709, OkaPoka wrote:But that's twice you've dodged my question and tried to answer a question with a question.

Oooh, thrice. Still have yet to see engagement with the actual question.
Are you saying here that wasn't an answer? The 2nd sentence looks like a pedit.
If it wasn't the answer then what's the question?
I've repeatedly given him chances to change his vote and he hasn't, its a shitty response but whatever. I don't like it, maybe he's being honest but if we set the bar that low where we can forgive play of I don't care enough to scumhunt when he's criticizing us for not scumhunting, then fuck it, good luck.
If he changes his vote now do you really think that is going to make a difference for you?
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3728 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3726, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3721, Quick wrote:
In post 3716, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3712, Quick wrote:
In post 3706, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3704, Quick wrote:
In post 3701, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3699, Quick wrote:
In post 3693, OkaPoka wrote:Quick, if you believe Jake is town. And let's assume you are town from your PoV. Do you really think that nero/TSE are town? You think its possible that four townies collectively shit the bed and sided with a lie and none of them did their due diligence?
I think you are being a terrible town leader, how does that sound?
That could possibly be fair. I might be wrong on you and yes that would make me a bad town leader in your eyes, but also you haven't answered my question.
Maybe you are just wrong and not them? How does that sound?
I might be wrong sure, but whats the alternatively explanation to my proposed two worlds? The last world is you four all scum.
You are not considering you are wrong here...

All four of us being Scum is bat shit crazy. Why does there NEED to be Scum in that group? How about you explain that... thoroughly.
I literally presented two worlds where all four of you are town or at least one of you are scum. ?
Except that Jake is Scum in all your worlds, right? Well if he's Town, then you just shit the bed with your analysis of what is going on here.
No? Jake is not scum in all my worlds.
Okay, so what is the case here exactly?

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3729 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 3723, Quick wrote:
In post 3720, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3694, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 3689, OkaPoka wrote:Jake you forget that you took initiative in pushing voted for his question to the mod. It is you who found a contradiction and pushed it, not him. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
In a world where I didn't lie, my actions are completely justified. I
saw
a contradiction and I announced it.
yes, he saw a contradiction. I want him to explain how he saw it as a contradiction before and why it isn't a contradiction now. Why he was dodging Hectic's questions.
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3730 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by 50 Judge Powers »

In post 3561, davesaz wrote:Pedit. please hold!!! let someone with a better command of English handle this.
ME! ME! ME! Me is vary gud en inglish
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
a flirt :P
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3731 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3724, OkaPoka wrote:I've repeatedly given him chances to change his vote and he hasn't, its a shitty response but whatever.
So you care more about the vote than the discussion. Chainsaw perhaps?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3732 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 3709, OkaPoka wrote:But that's twice you've dodged my question and tried to answer a question with a question.

I've repeatedly given him chances to change his vote and he hasn't, its a shitty response but whatever. I don't like it, maybe he's being honest but if we set the bar that low where we can forgive play of I don't care enough to scumhunt when he's criticizing us for not scumhunting, then fuck it, good luck.
I'm in a catch 22. Either I change my vote and get called scum for bending to the will of pressure, or I don't and get called scum for not bending.

In either case, I don't care that you scream and demand that people scumread me, and if they don't you'll scream even more.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3733 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Quick »

Like, the ONLY way I see Jake is Scum here BASED ON THE QUESTION TO THE MOD is if he asked the question in light of being Scum which tainted his answer, but we will never have that info at this point. Best to read the slot based on other things than what he PMed the mod. This is not rocket science... I believe we can figure this out.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3734 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 3731, davesaz wrote:
In post 3724, OkaPoka wrote:I've repeatedly given him chances to change his vote and he hasn't, its a shitty response but whatever.
I do care about the discussion? He's not clearly explaining his thoughts? He's being weirdly avoidant of tackling his mental thought process and is resorting to I'm lazy, and I don't care as his primary responses whenever there is a gap in play.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3735 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 3732, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

I'm in a catch 22. Either I change my vote and get called scum for bending to the will of pressure, or I don't and get called scum for not bending.

In either case, I don't care that you scream and demand that people scumread me, and if they don't you'll scream even more.
Missing the forest for the trees. Your vote on Voted is not why I scumread you, its an example of the mentality I perceive as negative town equity so even if you are town, its a +ev for town situation.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3736 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:49 pm

In post 3729, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3689, OkaPoka wrote:Jake you forget that you took initiative in pushing voted for his question to the mod. It is you who found a contradiction and pushed it, not him. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
saw
yes, he saw a contradiction. I want him to explain how he saw it as a contradiction before and why it isn't a contradiction now. Why he was dodging Hectic's questions.
It's not a contradiction because we asked two different questions and I assumed we asked the same general question when in reality wording matters.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3737 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3734, OkaPoka wrote:
I do care about the discussion? He's not clearly explaining his thoughts? He's being weirdly avoidant of tackling his mental thought process and is resorting to I'm lazy, and I don't care as his primary responses whenever there is a gap in play.
That's a shit reason to SR someone as someone who constantly gets lynched as Town for this...

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3738 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3648, Quick wrote:
In post 3647, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 3646, Nero Cain wrote:My thing is, does scum Jake and/or his team go "hey u know what is a good idea? let's contradict Voted!" that seems like a p good way to get him lynched and I kinda feel like scum wouldn't do that.

ofc the flipside of the argument is that the scumteam goes "oh hey Jake is on our team, let's play up his viness!"

So maybe it's just all WIFOM?
Alternatively, I am exactly the infected and thus would want to be lynched as an expendable.
I think FL has the best shot at being infected FWIW.
I NEVER get picked by any of that kind of stuff because people think I’m gonna be expected to get picked.

If I get infected this game, I will straight up announce it, so I can get cured.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3739 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3738, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 3646, Nero Cain wrote:My thing is, does scum Jake and/or his team go "hey u know what is a good idea? let's contradict Voted!" that seems like a p good way to get him lynched and I kinda feel like scum wouldn't do that.

ofc the flipside of the argument is that the scumteam goes "oh hey Jake is on our team, let's play up his viness!"

Alternatively, I am exactly the infected and thus would want to be lynched as an expendable.
I NEVER get picked by any of that kind of stuff because people think I’m gonna be expected to get picked.

If I get infected this game, I will straight up announce it, so I can get cured.
The lie detector determined
that
was a lie!

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3740 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:51 pm

In post 3735, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3732, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
Spoiler: Sometimes you gotta add some bibbidy bobbidy boo

Missing the forest for the trees. Your vote on Voted is not why I scumread you, its an example of the mentality I perceive as negative town equity so even if you are town, its a +ev for town situation.
It may not be THE reason, but it's a reason. I'm cutting the forest down one tree at a time.
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3741 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 2 VC #15

Creature (0):
Auro (0):
Hoctac (2): davesaz (), Flavor Leaf ()
5G Tower (0):
Jake the Wolfie (4): OkaPoka (), Tchill13 (), Auro (), Alchemist21 ()
Aristophanes (1): mastina ()
Quick (3): 50 Judge Powers (), Saudade (), gobbledygook ()
TrueSoulEnergy (0):
Voted (2): Jake the Wolfie (), TrueSoulEnergy ()
Alchemist21 (0):
Nahdia (2): Nero Cain (), Quick ()
Flavor Leaf (0):
davesaz (0):
mastina (1): Creature ()
Tchill13 (0):
Saudade (4): Nahdia (), Hoctac (), 5G Tower (), Voted ()
No Lynch (1): Aristophanes ()
Not Voting (0):

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 26, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-26 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity on Tuesday-Friday.

3. If you see any errors in a votecount or in the voting history, please feel free to inform me either in-thread (by bolding) or via pm.
4. As a note, if I'm not around to provide a VC, you can easily obtain one using MathBlade's tool. There's a link to the thread in the opening post of this thread. (Please remember to clearly label all unofficial votecounts as such.)
5. mastina is V/LA for an indefinite period of time.
6. Seeking a replacement for Saudade.
7. Prodded Creature. He has (expired on 2020-05-20 19:30:00) to respond in-thread before I seek a replacement.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Wed May 20, 2020 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3742 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 3736, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
saw
It's not a contradiction because we asked two different questions and I assumed we asked the same general question when in reality wording matters.
okay, can you ask the mod what you can reveal about your original question? Like the thing is, lynching you is not a loss for town until you can project towniness, and the only way you can project towniness right now is explaining how the contradiction happened. I'm willing to concede that maybe I'm tunnelled onto something that will clear you if you could explain, so if you are scared then get mod to give you the greenlight to explain what you can explain.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3743 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3742, OkaPoka wrote:
saw
okay, can you ask the mod what you can reveal about your original question? Like the thing is, lynching you is not a loss for town until you can project towniness, and the only way you can project towniness right now is explaining how the contradiction happened. I'm willing to concede that maybe I'm tunnelled onto something that will clear you if you could explain, so if you are scared then get mod to give you the greenlight to explain what you can explain.
I have Jake as one of my strongest TRs outside of this mess, so maybe you can try and do that too...

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3744 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 3737, Quick wrote:
That's a shit reason to SR someone as someone who constantly gets lynched as Town for this...
its a good reason to scumread people because you aren't going to win anyways if there are so many townies s.t lynching all the deadweight will result in a loss. And raising the bar gives the wolves less room to hide.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3745 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 3743, Quick wrote:
saw
I have Jake as one of my strongest TRs outside of this mess, so maybe you can try and do that too...
why is Jake your strongest TR? why should I TR him?
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3746 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Spoiler: Add some supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
saw

I asked the mod how much I could reveal and they said I couldn't say exact wording, but I could generalize it to "Do infencted know they are Infected?"
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3747 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3739, Quick wrote:
In post 3738, Flavor Leaf wrote:

The lie detector determined
that
was a lie!

Where?

I don’t think I’ve ever been culted of any kind. And I’m not playing in a way where if I were to be infected, I would survive.

And you were the only person town reading me, how am I at all a good infect?

My presence, even when I’m not even posting, is always there.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3748 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3744, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3737, Quick wrote:
its a good reason to scumread people because you aren't going to win anyways if there are so many townies s.t lynching all the deadweight will result in a loss. And raising the bar gives the wolves less room to hide.
Make your case he is Scum OUTSIDE of this mod PM business and I will hear you out.

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3749 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Nahdia »

hey so i just asked the mod somethin

my question was: hypothetically if i asked a mechanics related question could i then go into the thread and say "this is what i wrote to the mod, word-for-word. this was their response." ?

the response i got was that copying is generally okay in that context.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”