Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
wavesarc
wavesarc
Townie
wavesarc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:15 am

Post by wavesarc »

L-1 in case it wasn't clear
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Formerfish »

No, i was saying by claiming VT youre probably still going to hang because you arent a PR we need to save.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:16 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Okay so here's the main posts I was looking at for timing of the wagons:

Fish votes brass.
In post 618, Formerfish wrote:VOTE: Brass

Let's dance.
osuka votes freddie shortly after.
In post 641, osuka wrote:
In post 53, Freddiethelady wrote:
In post 12, iamironcat wrote:Hola, also had some mafia history in other places. Have never played a mafia game which lasted this long tho. I don't get the vote for Votato so VOTE:
gibus
In post 45, iamironcat wrote:
In post 20, votato wrote:this is known as the RVS, or Random Vote Stage, where people vote for silly reasons to get the game started, and then we gradually progress to more serious posting as we get a few bandwagons going.
Fine, VOTE: votato
you shouldn't flipflop like that makes you look flaky

VOTE: imironcat
that's very scummy
VOTE: freddiethelady
gibus votes brass and nauci says she is scumleaning brass.
In post 768, gibus wrote:Do not scumread me for this please, but I'm going to sheep Fish and Nauci and change my vote in 3 posts.
VOTE: brassherald (wavesarc)
Tuxedo Mask makes a big case on freddie shortly after.
In post 830, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
Spoiler: Freddie ISO
In post 116, Freddiethelady wrote:Gibus seems too sloppy to be suspicious but it could be an act.

I’m suspicious that Lilith is a little more experienced then she’s letting on. I’m not sure why she jumped on the gibus wagon either. I’d love to hear an explanation since it could be AI.
I still don't think this has been answered. It seems like the start of Freddie's Lilith read, which is pretty rocky ground.
In post 104, Freddiethelady wrote:I’m trying to learn the distinction also. its like throwing darts at a wall. I think the simple answer is that scum will try to be as inconspicuous as possible. Paying close attention to what a person says and how they say can Give you subtle hints. I’m not good at this yet but a healthy dose of skepticism will help you start to weed out leading clues vs gibberish. It’s not rocket surgery but it does take some practice.
Applying your thought process here, have you uncovered subtle hints in what people are saying? And would agree that applying this logic to your own posts would read them as scummy?
In post 92, Freddiethelady wrote:Gibus you’re like a ping pong ball with your votes. It’s looking sloppy and thoughtless. At some point I’m going to ask you to justify that. Are you prepared to do that?
This is a weird question. Why not ask him to justify them now? This feels like you have clocked an easy push and are just holding back for an opportune moment.
In post 345, Freddiethelady wrote: Lilith hasn’t posted much lately, has she? I wonder why. Ive been suspicious of her without being able to collect my thoughts or any evidence (if in fact there is any) against her yet.
This happened 7 irl days ago, and over HALF the game ago. Yet they have still done nothing with this. Where is the evidence Freddie? Where are the reads?

So reading Freddie I don't find scum hunting, it is mostly excuses and questions about site stuff. There is very little pushes or curiosity. I also read through their ISO of Newbie 1997 and they feel very different there. For one, they replaced into that game and have nearly as many posts there as they do here. And in that game, they don't seem nearly as lost and unsure, constantly pursuing things and asking questions. This really feels like scum that doesn't know what to say.

VOTE: Freddiethelady
waves then tries to start a votato wagon almost immediately after Tuxedo's freddie case
In post 840, wavesarc wrote:@everyone that is townreading votato: why?

VOTE: votato btw
also osuka starts hard-pushing freddie shortly after that
In post 851, osuka wrote:freddie is confscum by the way
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1075, wavesarc wrote:L-1 in case it wasn't clear
Fuck yeah.

Let there be blood

VOTE: Hammer Freddie
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Formerfish »

Lil, to show a counter wagon you need to show the vote counts and the movement votes make to show a counter.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:19 am

Post by votato »

actually i think this will flip town. theres no reason to continue a weak push on a player known to be town as scum. although i also am not convinced of the merits of the slot. im down to speedwagon osuka or tuxedo. any takers?
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:20 am

Post by Formerfish »

We can do that tomorrow, today we have blood for the blood gods
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Formerfish »

Freddie, you have until the mod locks the thread to say anything you might want to say.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:23 am

Post by votato »

wait wtf is this hammer. no opportunity to claim or for people to discuss?
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Formerfish »

Nah, that shits for the birds.

I like to follow my gut and do what i want to do.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
wavesarc
wavesarc
Townie
wavesarc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:25 am

Post by wavesarc »

@lilith I had finished my reread (mostly skimmed the last 10 or so pages after the replacements came in) when I placed my votato vote. That's it for the timing--I legit just had (still do!) votato as my biggest scumread and it was my biggest takeaway.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:25 am

Post by votato »

are you fucking?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

What the hell was that? Why did you hammer Freddie, seriously?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:26 am

Post by votato »

wait no its not a hammer, he was already on the wagon
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Formerfish »

BDE

Big Dick Energy.

Its how i live my life. Get on my level.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Formerfish »

Vota

smdh
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:28 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1087, Tuxedo Mask wrote:What the hell was that? Why did you hammer Freddie, seriously?
Why are you upset? You're on the wagon too? You should want Freddie to hang...
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:29 am

Post by votato »

im not on the freddie wagon. i dont want freddie to hang. freddie is town. i want osuka or tuxedo to hang
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1092, votato wrote:im not on the freddie wagon. i dont want freddie to hang. freddie is town. i want osuka or tuxedo to hang
Notice who i quoted in that post vota, it wasnt you.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

In post 1061, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 1010, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Freddie why aren't you voting FF? And what about FF do you find scummy?
Do you scum read Copycat/Me? But I'm most interested in your read of Copycat's posts. And do you scum read Osuka/Ironcat? I'm more interested in your thoughts on Osuka's posts though.
Freddie, can you answer this?
Ironcat was unvoted by me. We established that, I could have been wrong but it seemed reasonable to me so I acted on it. Osuka has been just shitting on everyone’s posts and being loud. The loudness may be an attempted substance but I can’t read it yet.

Fish, what’s a vanity vote?

I’m not voting fish atm because I think he’s scummy but it might be deliberate. It reminds me of the quote “I think a servant of the enemy would look fairer and feel fouler”. I’m still not sure enough to vote him, which is why I never voted him.

How do I officially claim my role? Do I send a screen shot of my message from Elmo? I’m not scum.
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

In post 1076, Formerfish wrote:No, i was saying by claiming VT youre probably still going to hang because you arent a PR we need to save.
Why are you saying that to waves when you just hammered me?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:32 am

Post by votato »

do NOT send a screenshot. you cant quote or anything like that. you dont need to claim since no one has stated intent to hammer. a vanity wagon is one that doesnt have momentum, so basically wasting your vote on a non-wagon. also, are you feeling FF to know how foul he feels?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1094, Freddiethelady wrote:
In post 1010, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Freddie why aren't you voting FF? And what about FF do you find scummy?
Do you scum read Copycat/Me? But I'm most interested in your read of Copycat's posts. And do you scum read Osuka/Ironcat? I'm more interested in your thoughts on Osuka's posts though.
Ironcat was unvoted by me. We established that, I could have been wrong but it seemed reasonable to me so I acted on it. Osuka has been just shitting on everyone’s posts and being loud. The loudness may be an attempted substance but I can’t read it yet.

I’m not voting fish atm because I think he’s scummy but it might be deliberate. It reminds me of the quote “I think a servant of the enemy would look fairer and feel fouler”. I’m still not sure enough to vote him, which is why I never voted him.

How do I officially claim my role? Do I send a screen shot of my message from Elmo? I’m not scum.
Vanity vote is a vote on a wagon that has no legs, you vote there because youre vain and think you know better.

You claim by saying what you are, if youre a town pr I would just say PR for right now, so we dont clue scum in anymore than needed.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

In post 1077, lilith2013 wrote:Okay so here's the main posts I was looking at for timing of the wagons:

Fish votes brass.
In post 618, Formerfish wrote:VOTE: Brass

Let's dance.
osuka votes freddie shortly after.
In post 641, osuka wrote:
In post 53, Freddiethelady wrote:
In post 12, iamironcat wrote:Hola, also had some mafia history in other places. Have never played a mafia game which lasted this long tho. I don't get the vote for Votato so VOTE:
gibus
In post 45, iamironcat wrote:
In post 20, votato wrote:this is known as the RVS, or Random Vote Stage, where people vote for silly reasons to get the game started, and then we gradually progress to more serious posting as we get a few bandwagons going.
Fine, VOTE: votato
you shouldn't flipflop like that makes you look flaky

VOTE: imironcat
that's very scummy
VOTE: freddiethelady
gibus votes brass and nauci says she is scumleaning brass.
In post 768, gibus wrote:Do not scumread me for this please, but I'm going to sheep Fish and Nauci and change my vote in 3 posts.
VOTE: brassherald (wavesarc)
Tuxedo Mask makes a big case on freddie shortly after.
In post 830, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
Spoiler: Freddie ISO
In post 116, Freddiethelady wrote:Gibus seems too sloppy to be suspicious but it could be an act.

I’m suspicious that Lilith is a little more experienced then she’s letting on. I’m not sure why she jumped on the gibus wagon either. I’d love to hear an explanation since it could be AI.
I still don't think this has been answered. It seems like the start of Freddie's Lilith read, which is pretty rocky ground.
In post 104, Freddiethelady wrote:I’m trying to learn the distinction also. its like throwing darts at a wall. I think the simple answer is that scum will try to be as inconspicuous as possible. Paying close attention to what a person says and how they say can Give you subtle hints. I’m not good at this yet but a healthy dose of skepticism will help you start to weed out leading clues vs gibberish. It’s not rocket surgery but it does take some practice.
Applying your thought process here, have you uncovered subtle hints in what people are saying? And would agree that applying this logic to your own posts would read them as scummy?
In post 92, Freddiethelady wrote:Gibus you’re like a ping pong ball with your votes. It’s looking sloppy and thoughtless. At some point I’m going to ask you to justify that. Are you prepared to do that?
This is a weird question. Why not ask him to justify them now? This feels like you have clocked an easy push and are just holding back for an opportune moment.
In post 345, Freddiethelady wrote: Lilith hasn’t posted much lately, has she? I wonder why. Ive been suspicious of her without being able to collect my thoughts or any evidence (if in fact there is any) against her yet.
This happened 7 irl days ago, and over HALF the game ago. Yet they have still done nothing with this. Where is the evidence Freddie? Where are the reads?

So reading Freddie I don't find scum hunting, it is mostly excuses and questions about site stuff. There is very little pushes or curiosity. I also read through their ISO of Newbie 1997 and they feel very different there. For one, they replaced into that game and have nearly as many posts there as they do here. And in that game, they don't seem nearly as lost and unsure, constantly pursuing things and asking questions. This really feels like scum that doesn't know what to say.

VOTE: Freddiethelady
waves then tries to start a votato wagon almost immediately after Tuxedo's freddie case
In post 840, wavesarc wrote:@everyone that is townreading votato: why?

VOTE: votato btw
also osuka starts hard-pushing freddie shortly after that
In post 851, osuka wrote:freddie is confscum by the way
What do you make of this? I appreciate the consolidation of the points but what motivated you to make that? What was your point?
wavesarc
wavesarc
Townie
wavesarc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:34 am

Post by wavesarc »

In post 1097, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1094, Freddiethelady wrote:

Vanity vote is a vote on a wagon that has no legs, you vote there because youre vain and think you know better.

You claim by saying what you are, if youre a town pr I would just say PR for right now, so we dont clue scum in anymore
than needed
You don't think that's all scum needs?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”