OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4950 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 4949, Auro wrote:It's a slip only if that's true, no?
yeah thats why its maybe a slip

probably won't know unless hectic stops trolling
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4951 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Quick »

slips are probably the worst kinds of info to talk about.. If it's a slip there
is
no question about it.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4952 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

all of scumhunting is looking for slips
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4953 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4952, OkaPoka wrote:all of scumhunting is looking for slips
Fuck that, no it isn't.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4954 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4935, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4860, Aristophanes wrote:TSE was a dumb counterwagon to Quick and/or Jake.
says the guy voting not Quick or Jake.
Imean, Jake is a bad lynch and the Quick wagon dissolved.

Plus, Hoctac doesn't seem to care and is pulling the same ATE Jake was now which just sucks.
I'd rather lynch Hoctac than Jake so if those are the options then so be it. Better than wasting my vote on a dead wagon.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4955 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by davesaz »

I'm leaning on people who are openly not scumhunting.
Hoctac is the current wagon but unfortunately it's a very target rich environment.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4956 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I feel like there's a very obvious reason its not a slip, if Hotac is scum its not from that. Him not really defending himself you could write off as scum that doesn't really care to defend himself but @ the same time that's only going to make ppl want to kill u more so...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4957 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4955, davesaz wrote:I'm leaning on people who are openly not scumhunting.
Hoctac is the current wagon but unfortunately it's a very target-rich environment.
dunno what the first sentence is.
2nd is just
IIOA
y or something.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4958 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 4864, Blair wrote:
In post 4860, Aristophanes wrote:TSE was a dumb counterwagon to Quick and/or Jake.
If you really believe this, wouldn't it be more prudent for you to be voting for Quick and/or Jake?
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4959 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Hoctac »

In post 4943, Almost50 wrote:What kind of slip are people talking about? That the infected stat dying the next night?? IF that's it, I see no slip. Scum can only kill the infected on N2 because there were no infections at the start of N1 is how I got it. If that's not the slip, can someone please point me to it?
Almo is right here about the "slip"
not yet sentient
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4960 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think for it to be a "slip" you have to read
WAY
in. Like, its p likely that the infected (mastina?) is just gonna die tonight.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4961 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1, Covid 19 wrote:5c. Mafia/Infected Win Condition: Gain parity with the town.
6. Twice per game, mafia may kill any player that they choose. Aside from those two instances, mafia possess the ability to factionally infect a player and to kill an infected player each night.
I'm not convinced that the "slip" is even true. It sounds to me like killing infected players is
optional
for the mafia and, given their win condition, it seems like maybe they wouldn't even want to?
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4962 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by Nahdia »

hence why it sounds like privileged information. particularly the bit about them dying at the beginning of the night. no idea what that's from.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4963 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Nahdia »

oh i see what you're saying. it's just.... wrong.

huh. weird.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4964 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 4961, Blair wrote:I'm not convinced that the "slip" is even true. It sounds to me like killing infected players is optional for the mafia and, given their win condition, it seems like maybe they wouldn't even want to?
There are multiple reasons they would want to, I would think.

For one, it's a guaranteed -0.5 on parity requirement with total town, given the fact that they can get cured later.

Infected will be pushing randomly and may fail to align with scum, so a bunch of infected people in thread may not allow a favorable outcome (since they can end up lynching each other as well and it feels better for scum to lynch town over infected).

There's also the fact that this mechanic allows an indirect threat to infected people. If you're infected and you play to town win-con anyway, scum can kill you and lock you as that alignment with no chance of a cure.

There could be roles that can be killed only upon infection.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4965 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by Auro »

I have to re-calibrate a lot of my reads. Oka, what do you think about Blair and Nahdia?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4966 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

idk

like i really don't know
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4967 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 4958, Blair wrote:
In post 4864, Blair wrote:
If you really believe this, wouldn't it be more prudent for you to be voting for Quick and/or Jake?
I’ll be honest.
I don’t think both you and Aristophanes are Town.
I also don’t think both Hoctac and Jake are Town.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4968 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4822, Hoctac wrote:Infected die start of the next night so we'd just be wasting our only ways of killing the original scum.

Quick, what does that even mean?
Maybe Hactoc wants to get lynched and this is bad for Town???

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4969 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4720, Blair wrote:Also, where did mastina go and why did she ignore my question?
mastina has been paying attention to her dearest of dear friends (one of the only ones she has and which she is terrified above all other friends of losing) and trying to help them out for the last two days while suffering from absolutely soul-crushing debilitating crippling depression that has hindered her ability to do things while still trying to juggle...well, doing things. She decided that helping out her dearest of dear friends was more important than any game of mafia ever could be.

In spite of that, I am still trying to be here. I really really really don't want to be here right now--but I need to be here anyway. (The friend doesn't need attention at this very moment--but you can bet your ass that, yes, I would disappear again in a
heartbeat
if need be to give them attention again.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4970 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4722, Nero Cain wrote:Mastina prob
IS
infected. That whole "your going out of your way to scumread me and get me scum read" is just so whiney. She'd also make a ton of sense to be infected n1. Sorry, FL.
Sure, go ahead and believe that if you want in spite of me having laid out exactly what I would do when infected. Makes perfect sense for me to have not changed at all between D1 and D2 in spite of the alignment change and me having explicitly told you precisely what I'd do if I were infected.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4971 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 8:50 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 4964, Auro wrote:Infected will be pushing randomly and may fail to align with scum, so a bunch of infected people in thread may not allow a favorable outcome (since they can end up lynching each other as well and it feels better for scum to lynch town over infected).
Do we actually know this to be the case?

The idea has been floated a few times by a few different people but I thought that was all setup speculation.

P-edit: I'm sorry to hear that, mastina. For the record, I wasn't complaining about your absence in general, but specifically that I'd asked you a question and then you had posted in the thread directly afterward without answering. I do not wish to give the impression that we are owed your undivided attention when you clearly have other issues on your mind.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4972 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 8:55 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4970, mastina wrote:
IS
infected. That whole "your going out of your way to scumread me and get me scum read" is just so whiney. She'd also make a ton of sense to be infected n1. Sorry, FL.
Sure, go ahead and believe that if you want in spite of me having laid out exactly what I would do when infected. Makes perfect sense for me to have not changed at all between D1 and D2 in spite of the alignment change and me having explicitly told you precisely what I'd do if I were infected.
For those too lazy to look:
In post 1630, mastina wrote:
In post 692, Nero Cain wrote:As someone that normally finds Mastina scummy, I rather not lynch her today. OFC the inverse of that argument is that I don't want to have to worry about an infected Mastina (if I'm right that she's town) and lynching her would alleviate that.
Eh. If the scum infect me, it's their loss--literally. When I say there's a night and day difference between my towngame and my scumgame right now, that I fundamentally cannot get myself to put in more than the bare minimum,
I'm not joking
, so
there would be an immediate
stark
contrast in my behavior, where, sure, I'd still be posting once a day to avoid getting prodded, but my content would plummet off a cliff into nonexistence pretty much

Plus, scum infecting me would, presumably, be obvious when I'd flip as originally-town-that-was-infected, tantamount to the scum nightkilling me, soooo. If the scum want to spend what amounts to basically a factional nightkill on me, then who am I to complain? It means they saw me as a threat. That's an honor.
In post 2123, mastina wrote:
In post 1947, Vecna wrote:Also, her statements that she always makes that her scum game is oh so bad is not always actually the case.
I mean. Circa two years ago my scumplay was among the best of the best onsite, but I don't know what happened to it, a year and a half of having drawn almost exclusively town role PMs (I went over 20 games in a row without drawing scum!), and for whatever reason. I just. Haven't been able to play scum worth a damn this year. Give me a little time and I can give you some examples demonstrating the utter lack of ability to play that alignment. While, admittedly, many of these scumgames had extenuating circumstances which incentivized that lack of playing scum, not all of them had it and even ones which
shouldn't
have been that way, ones which I
should
have been able to play to my fullest at the level scumastina is known for.

Well.

I just.

Didn't

So.

My scumgame in 2020 is, yes, objectively--terrible, demonstrably so. I will admit. It having been objectively terrible in every single scumgame this year does not mean that I couldn't magically have a scumastina performance at the level I'm usually known for! It could happen! But it hasn't, multiple times, hasn't. Why, dunno. Just is.
In post 1947, Vecna wrote:Anyways, she is overwhelmingly more likely to be town here, but dont get too convinced on that fact without keeping that sharp eye.
I mean, cult game, so. I'm town today, but obviously I can't promise you that I'll
stay
town. (I mean. Scum's mistake if they infect me, but like. While it's obviously a mistake for scum to infect me. Scum aren't immune to making mistakes, so. Could happen in spite of how objectively terrible a move it'd be.) So like. Future days, keep an eye on what I am doing.
If I have a sudden inexplicable abrupt dropoff in contributions and activities, chances are
fairly
high that the cause is that I'm no longer town
. :P
In post 2854, mastina wrote:
In post 2812, Auro wrote:Btw, infected should claim :P
I'm not infected yet!
That dropoff in activity hasn't happened yet. (Well. Not really happened. I am posting less than I would like, and I am still disappearing more often than would be ideal, contributing less than would be optimal. But, 1: I am still, very obviously,
trying
to keep up, and 2: there are some very big reasons for WHY I've had that dropoff so it's not sudden and not inexplicable.)

I'm still town and anyone targeting me to try and remove infection is wasting their action unless their action can cleanse an infection made on the same night (i.e. their infection cleanse resolves after the scum's infection action).

Same for Nero, same for Voted.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4973 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 4675, Blair wrote:Mastina, are you accusing Nero of being scum?

If you are not, then what is the purpose of this exchange?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4974 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

IS
infected. That whole "your going out of your way to scumread me and get me scum read" is just so whiney.

She'd also make a ton of sense to be infected n1. Sorry, FL.
I feel this is what I said.

I’m Never Night 1 infected here.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”