Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Umlaut »

Actually though:
In post 318, fwogcarf wrote:The very first response Nahdia...

That's something I never see town say. Just dismissing the fact that you've been discovered skimming through the entire conversation with a comment like that will turn heads, especially mine. The naked vote was a reaction test, and I believe it paid off. I'm keeping my vote where it is.
This is either scum or massive confbias, and I'm more interested in exploring the former possibility.

VOTE: fwogcarf
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:06 am

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 316, Nahdia wrote:
In post 264, ManateeDude wrote:fwog is actually really towny imo the wagon should not be there
why, friend manatee?.
I think their posting style is laid back and a lot of their takes have been good, it seems like theyre naturally trying to progressvthe gamestate further
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 314, bob3141 wrote:
In post 306, SirCakez wrote:
In post 304, Titus wrote:
In post 286, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don't think a Nahdia wagon would be bad, but i'd like to settle some scores first.
What scores? Why does this prevent you from voting Nahdia?
why do you think Nahdia scum here Titus? Want to hear your opinion cuz I can't figure her out.

what are your feelings on her. Even if from those feelings you cant get a solid read?
I lean town but apparently several SR her which is why I'm looking for input.

That's something I never see town say. Just dismissing the fact that you've been discovered skimming through the entire conversation with a comment like that will turn heads, especially mine. The naked vote was a reaction test, and I believe it paid off. I'm keeping my vote where it is.
I don't buy this at all
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 309, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 299, Drew-Sta wrote:I only have one vote. It’s on someone I believe is scum. So sue me that I can’t vote twice.

Secondly, the aggressive ‘fuck off arsehole’ vibe I’m getting from you amuses me.
If you wanted to continue to sort me you would have asked for feedback. If you're talking to the playerlist instead you're basically derailing your attempt to wagon Umlaut in the process. There's scum motive in keeping me as an acceptable discussion to have without furthering it yourself.
Now you're just misrepresenting things. I was actually engaging with you in discussion in , you then suggest I'm talking to the audience and should follow it up with a vote for you in , I advise I'm voting my key scum lead in and you now suggest I'm not asking for feedback or engagement, which closes the loop on this little piss take you've taken us on.

Scum motive for keeping you as acceptable discussion? Sorry, but you acting like a pigheaded cunt is achieving that - not me.

Keep the pineapple wedged riiiiiight up there mate, it suits you.

Now, onto the actual discussion that needs to be had - your not answering what I wrote in 256.

1. Why did you choose to make such a fuss about the fucking story, and why do you think it's a tell?
2. You come out screaming like a bat outta hell, acting all serious and shit, then in runs at complete odds with your approach and you seem to enter back into RVS for some unknown reason. The suggestion you wanted answers on the osuka wagon, yet quote Nadhia's as your reason to vote them is either complete mixed messaging or
not
what you are arguing for in . How do you explain the dissonance in those posts?
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Haven't caught up yet. I've been coming down with something that's starting to look a bit worse than short-term. I'm on a lot of medicine and don't have the energy to keep up with a mafia game at the moment. I'm going to replace out, I just want to post part 2 of my earlier post. Reason for withholding at the time was to watch how the wagon developed. Use it as you will. This hasn't been updated since I made that post.

(2) fwogcarf

I have been watching how people interact with fwogcarf ever since the exchange he had with Nahdia between and . I figured a wagon would build on fwog because of it and wanted to watch so that we can get the game properly out of RVS before giving my piece on this. The way I read the scumreads on fwog are basically that players don't understand the way he operates. He literally doesn't give a fuck about the early parts of day 1. I played with town!fwog in Newbie 2001 and it took him several hundred posts to even start trying. This answers back Cakez not liking his dismissiveness of Nahdia's early scumread (). When he does actually play, he overemphasizes finding scum and underutilizes finding town - causing the same problems I try to avoid with my change in play - and his desire to pinpoint the exact scumteam leads him to use associatives far too early. Throughout Newbie 2001 he both made hard associative reads Day 1, sometimes assuming theater like he has in this game, and hard tunneled while refusing to consider other options. A quick skim of his iso in that game will show that he dismisses things he doesn't think are worth talking about early, which includes most things, and should answer back Nahdia and bob's reasons for voting him. What's more interesting is Ranger's naked vote.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Searching for replacement of LuckyLuciano.

CantLynchAPuppy replaces LuckyLuciano.

Last edited by gobbledygook on Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 321, Nahdia wrote:if you honestly think town wouldn't skim over a page full of angsty wallposts at the very start of the game, idk what to tell you. that's just straight up wrong.
>Asks me question about scumreading Bob/Osuka
>Doesn't know anything about the interaction

Thonk
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 322, Black Ranger wrote:

Is there much behind this "meh" read?
not really but i have nothing else at this point
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

in other new i broke my record for longest amount of time being top wagon

very nice
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Hi guys! :) This is a game of mafia!

It's really late here so I'll catch up in the morning. Doesn't look like I missed much!

Since my subout has a vote on I'm unvote for now.

UNVOTE:
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:30 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Who wants to lynch some cute innocent puppies!!?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:53 am

Post by osuka »

Hey sorry fellas, I need to catch up but I’ve been swamped with work lately

Will try my best to post soon

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:36 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Read everything, but I kinda mostly skimmed. didn't seem like much happened so I don't want to draw blood out of stone trying to make some reads here.
In post 54, Black Ranger wrote:1. Your story gives scum a means of coasting through the game all under the guise of "it's all in good fun"!

2. Calling it out prematurely denies information.

3. Calling ME out on not continuing the story means you surely don't care about using this story as a means of finding coasting scum.
In post 55, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 51, Nahdia wrote:More votes on osuka, please and thank you friends.

Also dang mod, that 4xBump Combo. Never in all my years have I seen such a daring maneuver.
Convincing case

VOTE: osuka
There once was a poster named black ranger. Someone was telling a story. He didn't like that. it was bananas. After explaining all the reasons why it was bananas, he voted someone else. That was bananas too.
In post 81, osuka wrote:
okay, now the game is getting somewhere

[snip]
this whole post felt town because osuka started asking questions and was trying to get somewhere.
In post 148, Drew-Sta wrote:
In post 77, Umlaut wrote:I was a bit skeptical of the story too (despite contributing to it), and thought it was more likely to distract from scumhunting than to get more people posting, so I can't fault anyone criticizing it. Anyway, I think it's perfect at five sentences now.

pedit
no, it's not enough indication.
Then why
did
you contribute to it?

You're effectively rewriting how something is to be read, and I don't believe that comes from a town place.

VOTE: Umlaut
liked this whole post from drew and especially this part, which i thought was a good point
In post 163, Umlaut wrote:Then either you deny that the latter is a legitimate parse of , or you admit it's a legitimate parse but you think you couldn't have chosen the wrong parse of an ambiguous sentence. Which is it?

Thinking Black Ranger is town. and are actually quite towny posts IMO: scum has nothing to gain from starting that particular fight and the reasoning he gives (both for not liking it and for not commenting sooner) resonates with me. I think it's fair to question but I don't necessarily take that vote at face value as being random.

Nahdia is kind of towny I guess but I don't see anything yet that would be hard for scum to emulate.

fwogcarf is not exactly giving me town pings but I need someone to explain the wagon because right now it looks to be based on some pretty weak surface-level points. Still want a response from Bob in particular re. .
originally quoted this because i agreed with it, but now i don't think BR looks especially towny. not sure if I agree with umlaut's point on fwogcarf or if this is the kind of read i'd give when i was scum trying to start a read i could develop later. (i think fwogcarf is town)
In post 297, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 295, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 294, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 292, ManateeDude wrote:Fenraiser is a slot I really like I think his analyses were really good even if im not sure of my stance on them.

Fwog has also been pretty towny imo and cakez's response to whatever he said is part of the reason im sheeping norwee here.
Fen's a much worse slot than Fwog imo. I'm not at town on fwog but I want to know what's going on in his head from posts -.

VOTE: Fenraiser
interesting.. anything in particular pinging you from fen
There's
maybe
one thing that puts him at town and the rest of his content is hilariously scummy. I don't like how he's performing preflip and saying it's a "tinfoil" read when people defending me aren't being coy at all about their position.

The way he was encouraging Luciano to townhunt as a form of scumhunting (so PoE) is hilariously bad because this style of play is seldom used because you have to be IN the game to get every townie marked on the board. If you misuse townhunting you write off scum as town and you've consumed poison. Use both if you want, but grosses me out.
townhunting is way better than scumhunting ime
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:36 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 335, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Who wants to lynch some cute innocent puppies!!?
Sorry but it's right there in the title, you just Can't Lynch a Puppy!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:38 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

But you can use the flamethrower.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:38 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

lol i'm putting my vote back where my slot had it in the first place

VOTE: Black Ranger
Fenraiser
Fenraiser
Goon
Fenraiser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:53 am

Post by Fenraiser »

Hmm is CantLynchAPuppy town or is puppy just really cute?
I hate Fen for making this role
- Anonymous Person
Fenraiser
Fenraiser
Goon
Fenraiser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Fenraiser »

In post 307, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 298, Fenraiser wrote:I'm saying that people are defending you Black Ranger for a weak reason being your aggressiveness being town-indicative when I think it could just be a personal playstyle or personality thing and therefore NAI.
Okay, but you still said myself/bob would be a tinfoil team when bob chainsawed for several pages. That isn't a tinfoil read. There's nothing that can get lost there so if you wanted to comment on it being spooky you could have noted it in the thread without using a fancy word. By saying tinfoil you're invoking a mafia term and I think you're misusing it to give the illusion that you're performing more work on the game than you are.

[SNIPPITY SNIP]

In post 298, Fenraiser wrote:
@BR

Going off from this, what do you think of Lucky's recent response?
I felt like he humored Drew too much with a giant post about why scumhunting is hard. Beyond that he gave a baseline of what I should expect from him and he's now married to that idea.

I think encouraging somebody to build a town bloc is pointless fluff and potentially malicious. A good way to build a bloc of townies is to lynch scum and realize it after the fact.
I use tinfoil like a weak conspiracy theory or read in this case (I just inferred the meaning from how I saw people use it before so gonna clarify it now). The comment on the Bob/BlackRanger scumteam is because Bob's push on Osuka/Lucky seemed like Bob already lowkey already knew your alignment. Bob asking Osuka why Black Ranger comments could be town is kind of a weird angle to take and a strange thing to start a push on someone. Usually, I think most people would push you BR because they think your reaction to Lucky is bad, and it is kind of out of the blue for someone to instead push the people pushing you asking why couldn't you have that reaction as town (Bob asked this to Osuka and Lucky). In retrospect it's more probable that Bob is scum moreso then Bob/BR being scum. I think I may be overthinking this now but this is my thoughts about you and Bob atm.

On your 2nd paragraph regarding Lucky, I guess I could see scum using the premise of townhunting to avoid lynching scum and encouraging that could enable that and make them complacent. I feel like this is more a playstyle difference but I can see where you're coming from.
- Anonymous Person
Fenraiser
Fenraiser
Goon
Fenraiser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Fenraiser »

In post 289, Drew-Sta wrote:
In post 288, Fenraiser wrote:I uh mixed up drew and nor when @ing in the last section of 281. Oh my god lol. Drew just used my name when he was actually talking about fwog. Not relevant really but just a point I wanted to make.

@Drew

How do you think the lucky story should be interpreted.
I talked about fwog? Confused.

Interpretation should be same as RVS. Shitkicking at game start. Which is why Umluat's desire to distance themselves triggered me as a scum being nervous on something they've engaged with and wanting to push it away.
@Drew regarding Umlaut

Your take has always been interesting to me when I first read it but I didn't know what to think of it back then. My first impression of Umlaut was that he would be hard to read due to me misreading his tone at first. I've never seen Umlaut as nervous in this game, especially in engaging something so seemingly harmless like the story. His light-hearted tone conflicts with any nervousness tbh so I don't really think I can see it that way. Also, some people may view RvS situations as more AI compared to how you view them and it may be a thing here but idk. Reading this, do you still see Umlaut the same way?

Regarding Cakez/Norwee

Cakez/Norwee interaction is cringy. I'll have to have another look later. Cakez reaction to Norwee was bad, but Norwee did seem to take Cakez's stance more extreme than it was so maybe the Cakez reaction was warranted. I know Cakez addressed the BR thing but maybe I need more context because that completely threw me off. Will have to elaborate later on. Going to turn in as I am tired.
- Anonymous Person
Fenraiser
Fenraiser
Goon
Fenraiser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Fenraiser »

I also kinda want to look over Manatee/Drew/Norwee more because I've kinda skimmed over those slots in favor of osuka/bob/BR/lucky. Looking forward to Mana coming out into the sea to battle.
- Anonymous Person
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Umlaut »

I never know how to read posts like where someone says they're replacing out but still seems to be using their replace-out post to play the game, but I think in practice that usually comes from town. I also somwhat like Puppy's entry (unvoting someone only to then vote the same person is lol but kind of townlol) but I have to pick at the points they're making a bit:
In post 337, CantHateAPuppy wrote:There once was a poster named black ranger. Someone was telling a story. He didn't like that. it was bananas. After explaining all the reasons why it was bananas, he voted someone else. That was bananas too.
Doesn't seem that bananas to me, unless you think "I don't like this" is synonymous with "this is scummy"?
In post 337, CantHateAPuppy wrote:liked this whole post [] from drew and especially this part, which i thought was a good point
I thought it was a terrible point, though I acknowledge my perspective on it is a bit biased. What's good about it?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:17 am

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 341, Fenraiser wrote:Hmm is CantLynchAPuppy town or is puppy just really cute?
why ask this question
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:27 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 345, Umlaut wrote:
In post 337, CantHateAPuppy wrote:There once was a poster named black ranger. Someone was telling a story. He didn't like that. it was bananas. After explaining all the reasons why it was bananas, he voted someone else. That was bananas too.
Doesn't seem that bananas to me, unless you think "I don't like this" is synonymous with "this is scummy"?
BR gave three reasons why happy fun time story hour was scummy and then immetidately placed his vote somewhere else. (No fun allowed!) was rvs then, so whatever. but BR never came back to it.

there also some other arguments with my slot about townhunting being not just bad but "malicious". ok, my slot is scummy, malicious, does scummy things... does he ever come out and say he has a scumread? dude, kiss already!
In post 337, CantHateAPuppy wrote:liked this whole post [] from drew and especially this part, which i thought was a good point
I thought it was a terrible point, though I acknowledge my perspective on it is a bit biased. What's good about it?[/quote]

i guess i liked the question more than the point itself. it's a good question, u can say u didn't like the story idea but u did contribute to it, u have to explain that before u can credibly call out anyone else on the story. not sure you're "rewriting" so much as just skipping over a step though

that drew noticed that and pointed it out makes him look more town not you scum
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 347, CantHateAPuppy wrote:there also some other arguments with my slot about townhunting being not just bad but "malicious". ok, my slot is scummy, malicious, does scummy things... does he ever come out and say he has a scumread? dude, kiss already!
Where are these arguments?
Okay, I found them by searching "malicious."
In post 307, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 298, Fenraiser wrote:
@BR

Going off from this, what do you think of Lucky's recent response?
I felt like he humored Drew too much with a giant post about why scumhunting is hard. Beyond that he gave a baseline of what I should expect from him and he's now married to that idea.

I think encouraging somebody to build a town bloc is pointless fluff and potentially malicious. A good way to build a bloc of townies is to lynch scum and realize it after the fact.
I agree that this looks like he's saying he scumreads your slot, but I'm not totally sure I'm reading it right.

@BR
Who is "encouraging somebody to build a town bloc" here?
In post 337, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i guess i liked the question more than the point itself. it's a good question, u can say u didn't like the story idea but u did contribute to it, u have to explain that before u can credibly call out anyone else on the story. not sure you're "rewriting" so much as just skipping over a step though

that drew noticed that and pointed it out makes him look more town not you scum
I wasn't trying to call anybody out on the story, I was trying to defend BR's callout as something that could come from town; maybe that's why I wasn't impressed with the point. But I suppose that whether it's exactly correct is kind of immaterial to reading Drew for the manner in which he pushed it. After three posts of back-and-forth about it I subjectively felt Drew was insisting on that point beyond what was rational, but this is probably just because I know what I intended and I assume everyone should always take me at my word.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by SirCakez »

this game is slower than slower than molasses jeez
like the Puppy entrance and that's about all I have to add here
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”