UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:34 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 157, Gypyx wrote:also question, are mafia traitors common in mini normals?
Mind sharing WHY you'd consider this a valid question? :?

A simple solution suggests that you KNOW there is a Traitor, and this was a signal.
Why else would one ever come to think of this?
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Gypyx »

The reason is that i'm susping Flipy of being a traitor who sent a signal to his team (look at)
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:48 am

Post by AGar »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gypsy
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:49 am

Post by AGar »

Oh FUCK YOU iPad autocorrect.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:59 am

Post by notscience »

He already answered that question umbreonage and I’m in the same train of thought as you. I either thought signaling team or looking for one.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

In post 190, Gypyx wrote:
In post 163, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 161, Gypyx wrote:
In post 65, Emperor flippyNips wrote:are y'all just the scum team.? ..you can tell me if you are
well then, this post looks really weird to me, might be another one of Flippy's joke posts, but it really stands out in his ISO

It’s not my fault them buddying up on page 2 or 3 looked bad to me

Sorry I think you don't get my point, what i'm saying is that this post really feels like you're a mafia traitor trying to reveal yourself to your team, and i may be overthinking this, but the punctuation is really weird too, like, each dot represting a mafia member and the dot next to a question mark represting the unknown mafia member (traitor therefore) makes a lot of sense to me

(I hope this answers the questions other guys had about that)

Ahh I see, I wish I rolled traitor now cos those would be sick strats bro
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

In post 194, AGar wrote:
In post 65, Emperor flippyNips wrote:are y'all just the scum team.? ..you can tell me if you are
well then, this post looks really weird to me, might be another one of Flippy's joke posts, but it really stands out in his ISO

Sorry I think you don't get my point, what i'm saying is that this post really feels like you're a mafia traitor trying to reveal yourself to your team, and i may be overthinking this, but the punctuation is really weird too, like, each dot represting a mafia member and the dot next to a question mark represting the unknown mafia member (traitor therefore) makes a lot of sense to me

Hoo fuckin boi I don’t like this.

Why is that?

Spoiler:
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:45 am

Post by AGar »

In post 206, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 194, AGar wrote:

Hoo fuckin boi I don’t like this.

Why is that?

Spoiler:

Traitor discussion out of nowhere is a biiiig red flag. Without trying to delve too far into theorycrafting optimal traitor play, there is no town reason to bring this up in an accusation, but there’s plenty of reason to do so if you’re a traitor or if you know one is out there.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Hoopla »

my opinion on gypyx's strange fascination with a mafia traitor is that it's almost too obvious to be an expression of something real. i know "too scummy to be scum" is often a flawed concept, but my intuition says the following comes from a town perspective:
In post 199, Gypyx wrote:Yeah, I get why this is weird, but it's a thought that just came as I read the post, and now i'm kinda obsessing over it tbh
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Hoopla »

i've enjoyed renaissance's entrance to the game, and am currently penning him an invitation to the town bloc. you should receive it in the mail in a day or two.

i also agree with his take on hiraki:
In post 180, renaissance wrote:Not a fan of Hiraki's mass confusion in . I don't get why he's so befuddled at the Hoopla-related matters.
early days, but hiraki is one who fits the blue-print of classic behaviour i look for on D1; lurky/below-radar, surface level engagement.

~~

still formulating my thoughts.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:31 am

Post by notscience »

hoopla I wanna invite agar

And I kinda get too scummy to be scum but that’s such a weird role to suddenly mention out of the blue for a new person.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:31 am

Post by brassherald »

Vote Count Day 1.03Hoopla (2):
CooLDoG (2):
Emperor flippyNips (3):
, ,
gobbledygook (2):
notscience (2):
Gypyx(1):

Not Voting(2):
LicketyQuickety

There are (expired on 2020-06-17 06:05:00) remaining in Day 1
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.[/area]
[/color]
Last edited by brassherald on Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 193, Gypyx wrote:You're the one who said that, i was just trying to follow up with your reasoning, so therefore, could you answer my question?
I did answer your question about a wagon being on town being better than a delayed wagon. The answer is most definitely yes. Also, I did not say that Flippy was probably town. I said that Flippy's behavior has not been scummy so far.
In post 209, Hoopla wrote:early days, but hiraki is one who fits the blue-print of classic behaviour i look for on D1; lurky/below-radar, surface level engagement.
What do you think of UnaBombah?

---

I do not find Gypyx's traitor talk to be scum indicative. I think it is town indicative actually.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:48 am

Post by notscience »

mod I’m voting nippyflips not hoopla
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:49 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Okay... I'm having a weird day, and my brain just isn't working right (Nor are my eyes... but that's a diabetes issue with me not taking my medication properly, so I apologise if it takes a little while to focus... I'm struggling to see much of anything, should be fixed soon, watch this space)... so would anyone mind correcting me if I've got any of this wrong?

So... flippy "hints" at a traitor... supposedly... I dunno.
Gryp....or however you spell it, feels he caught something, and queried if anyone knew it would be in the game
Agar dislikes the fact it was queried entirely...

At the same time, Una missed half of it entirely (basically skimming the thread and not seeing the blatantly obvious response that a literally half blind person caught), there's talk of a N1 vig via meme stuff, which CooLDoG has taken to mean there is a fake claim and it needs lynching day 2... not day 1.

renaissance thinks I'm town but doesn't say why... I didn't feel I'd done much thus far, but please enlighten me.

That being said renaissance votes CooLDoG, which I feel is a good vote right now.

That's what's stood out for me most so far...

So that being said, my biggest suspicion currently goes to CooLDoG

With that traitor situation, I doubt Agar is scum... like, it doesn't quite make sense (just based on this theory... there may not be a traitor and Gryp is making a mountain out of a molehill). If flippy is a traitor, why would Agar push towards it anyway? Would look highly suspicious. On the flip side, if Gryp is a traitor, then again, Agar pushing it doesn't make much sense.

Obviously, if there's no traitor at all, Agar could be scum just looking for an easy push.

Or all three could be barking up the wrong tree and we have a town filled circle jerk going on over there.
Hoopla wrote: "too scummy to be scum"
Reminds me of my greatest scum fuck up... it was something like "Couldn't be scummier as scum" or something equally as obvious. Not saying Hoople said that, just the phrase made me think of it.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: CooLDoG
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:52 am

Post by notscience »

I think Gyp hints at the traitor not floppy? Unless I missed something
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:54 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Gypyx thought Flippy was hinting traitor to you and Hoopla.

---

Hiraki, what is your read on CoolDog?
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Hoopla »

i believe i have some fanmail overflowing at my desk. allow me to respond, dear readers:
In post 113, notscience wrote:Hoopla what do you think of agar?
i vaguely remember agar's tone as similarly abrasive, back in the day. seems as if he's working his way into the game in earnest, though i haven't noticed anything that has struck me as overtly town. his name doesn't belong in town bloc conversations yet.
In post 169, renaissance wrote:Hoopla, do you still townread notscience? He's pinging me as being overexplainey and kinda apologetic in tone. He's also mentioned your reason for townreading him is NAI.
i still townread notscience. it's a day 1 townread admittedly, but i think it's right. right enough to form an early alliance with. do i fear a scumbag slipping through the cracks of the town bloc application process?

no.

oh, i can spot a scumlord mistakenly caught up in a town bloc from a mile away. they start to sweat, secrete strange odours, and before you know it, they've overplayed their position, and have been fully exposed. scum don't like being in the limelight of running the town. they deceive from the shadows. it takes a rare scumbag to be able to thrive out in the open.
In post 212, gobbledygook wrote:What do you think of UnaBombah?
a suspect. like hiraki, fits the blue-print of typical D1 behaviour of scum i screen for, even if he hasn't said any one thing that was explicitly scummy.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Hoopla »

one thing i noticed in my rereads was this comment from prana:
In post 112, PranaDevil wrote: Seems like a hell of a way to prod-dodge the entire game and write it off as "I said I was doing this at the start of the game".

UNVOTE:
VOTE: gobbledygook
i don't like this vote. one, because the turkey was contributing in his own way, consistently and eagerly. and two, this was only prana's third vote of the game. seems strange to be leery of someone
potentially
committing a lurking tell, even though he hadn't yet -- while he had only produced three posts himself.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 198, notscience wrote:Hoopla what do you think of taking this wagon off the rails?
yes, i think the flippy wagon has probably run its course. the memelord survives another page.

i am tossing up between voting prana and hiraki. i could probably also do una. thoughts?

~~

UNVOTE:
VOTE: hiraki
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:34 am

Post by notscience »

I don’t really wanna wagon una barring the weird question that’s already been asked being repeated?

Although it was cryptic the stance wrt me kinda made sense

And like I kinda remembered you I kinda remembered Hiraki and literally he’s playing out exactly how I remembered and I’m pretty sure we were both town there too. By that I mean the kinda cocky tone, and our play styles clash and assuming my memory serves he did the same thing last time we played (ie went after me early d1)

Prana maybe? I don’t really understand Renaissance’s town read there but he has yet to articulate it so maybe he saw something I didn’t?

What about espe? I definitely am keeping an eye on gyp too for reasons already said but I’m cool leaving that wagon off the table for now.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:36 am

Post by notscience »

And before warmcat says anything it’s not a meta read it’s “he’s behaving how I expect so it’s not inherently scummy”
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 220, notscience wrote:What about espe?
not much to go off, so put him in the maybe-pile. as you may have suspected, i have an affinity for d1 utility lynches of lurkers/non-contributors.

the only real post of substance to look into espeonage was the reveal of his fake vig claim:
In post 99, Espeonage wrote:Ok so my thoughts are that I would expect town who believes the claim to go, ok cool good to know. It's bit wifom-y so imma leave it to later or just err on the side of randomness.

Scum however I would expect to look at it as part of the puzzle to solve. As if it is true it can mess with their play / be used as a tool to hide behind. Especially since that was immediately where CD's thoughts went. I think if you think, how can scum use this it would generally be a pretty strong indicator that you are scum.
seems like a sincere attempt to derive reads from his experiment, even though i don't agree with his conclusions. imo, such antics usually turn out to be a honeypot for players with a certain temperament, rather than anything alignment-related, but i digress.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:51 am

Post by AGar »

In post 217, Hoopla wrote:i vaguely remember agar's tone as similarly abrasive, back in the day.
Yeah, I'm trying to be less of a dick, I swear. Mellow out with age and stuff.
In post 212, gobbledygook wrote:I do not find Gypyx's traitor talk to be scum indicative. I think it is town indicative actually.
I strongly disagree with this, but I would
love
to hear why. Because I find it completely devoid of town motivation to speculate about.
In post 208, Hoopla wrote:my opinion on gypyx's strange fascination with a mafia traitor is that it's almost too obvious to be an expression of something real.
Big disagree. This feels terribly misguided.

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:57 am

Post by notscience »

I just don’t get how a newbie pulls traitor spec out of their ass like that tbh
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST