LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6575 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 6569, CheekyTeeky wrote:LQ could be infected.
My inactivity is SITE WIDE. Did you conveniently miss that part? My motivation for playing Mafia sharply declined recently. I'm not infected.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6576 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 6572, pisskop wrote:
Infected people were town, and thus are not priority lynches
Yup so move onto A50.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6577 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 6575, LicketyQuickety wrote:
My inactivity is SITE WIDE. Did you conveniently miss that part? My motivation for playing Mafia sharply declined recently. I'm not infected.
Talk to the hand.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6578 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:15 pm

In post 6573, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 6553, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 6549, Aristophanes wrote:Cheeky, can I just sheep you? :)
You're the most underwhelming active player in the game, did you know that? It's like you're not even trying.
I'm putting in a minimum effort at this time.

My answer to your question at Dave pertaining to myself was going to state exactly that! I don't think I am scumhunting well or very actively. I am definitely jumping on things as they appear. I am not reading back and making the cases I've promised. These are all facts.

Sadly, they don't make me scum, just underwhelming.

Once the game has thinned I'll be way more of a player. I just really have a hard time with larges. I've said this in literally every large I've played in within the past, oh, probably 5 years! I somewhat dislike that I care more at the initial hop of the game (either daystart or replace in) and in the final few phases of the game than I do in the middle, but it's a hard fact. What is one to do.

Plus, time constraints, yada yada that nobody cares about, you know.

I'm a Micro games man living in a Large Themed world.

HOLY FUCK I just got like 15 ninjas what even XD XD

Make that 20...
What gives you the impression that a bunch of people are going to die in this game yet?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6579 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:15 pm

In post 6577, CheekyTeeky wrote:
Talk to the hand.
Okay, well I just destroyed your argument that I am infected, but you do you, I guess.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6580 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 6554, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6475, Aristophanes wrote:So instead we lynch an infected and advance the scum wincon?
Does it really?

like I get the whole "its better to lynch the original scum than infected" argument but one of the town wincons is to lynch to infected so...
Well, yes and noo. One of the town wincons is to have permanently immune players outnumber the infected. I guess technically the other states that lynching the infected is a wincon but it seems a suboptimal route, and the infected will only continue to rise until the original scumteam are caught, meaning it is a fruitless endeavour that we will never win!

So killing original groupscum is essentially our main wincon, with those infected being secondary to it, and by a decent margin if you ask me.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6581 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 6579, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 6577, CheekyTeeky wrote:
Talk to the hand.
Okay, well I just destroyed your argument that I am infected, but you do you, I guess.
No you haven't destroyed anything except your reading comprehension. At no point have I talked about you being inactive.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6582 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 6578, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 6573, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 6553, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 6549, Aristophanes wrote:Cheeky, can I just sheep you? :)
You're the most underwhelming active player in the game, did you know that? It's like you're not even trying.
I'm putting in a minimum effort at this time.

My answer to your question at Dave pertaining to myself was going to state exactly that! I don't think I am scumhunting well or very actively. I am definitely jumping on things as they appear. I am not reading back and making the cases I've promised. These are all facts.

Sadly, they don't make me scum, just underwhelming.

Once the game has thinned I'll be way more of a player. I just really have a hard time with larges. I've said this in literally every large I've played in within the past, oh, probably 5 years! I somewhat dislike that I care more at the initial hop of the game (either daystart or replace in) and in the final few phases of the game than I do in the middle, but it's a hard fact. What is one to do.

Plus, time constraints, yada yada that nobody cares about, you know.

I'm a Micro games man living in a Large Themed world.

HOLY FUCK I just got like 15 ninjas what even XD XD

Make that 20...
What gives you the impression that a bunch of people are going to die in this game yet?
I mean, lynches are a thing. And I assume Scum are going to kill off their infected at some point because I also have a theory that after a certain number of phases being infected but not dying one becomes cured due to the antibodies that fought off the virus now being present in their systems, and assuming scum know this it only makes sense that they will have to start killing them off at some point or risk a huge wave of suddenly conftown (or as close to IC as we can get in this game) slipping through the cracks.

But yeah, just theorizing tbh, don't mind me.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6583 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6574, CheekyTeeky wrote:Nero you scumread A50. Choo choo?
yes, no, maybe

Like, I was kinda suspicious of him d1 for doing nothing but setup spec. And I don't really remember anything he's done thats been useful. He's just kinda..there. That's also how I feel about him in general. IDK why he claims 3p here, he wasn't even that likely to get lynched today so why does he put pressure on himself? At the same time though, town is kinda getting their asses kicked and he's willingly making it harder? That's very anti-town play so I can understand why you and others think he's scummy for this. I've also been of the mindset that useless low impact slots like TSE, A50 and FL were likely to be where scum would push.

Part of me says that he may be more likely to be infected but then the "he could be original scum thats just faking infected!".

I sorta feel like the most likely scum are going to be in alch, nahdia, and oka so between them and piss is where I'd like to lynch today.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6584 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Hmm.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6585 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Auro »

Kinda sure A50's intent was indeed just to troll and see if people spot it, I did think the replacement win-con was a bit ridiculous but *facepalm*

Claim itself NAI
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6586 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Sometimes I think players do dumb things for attention sometimes. Like Jake fake cced voted.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6587 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6558, pisskop wrote:A50, its time to claim, 100% claim for realsies
Then why do I feel differently?

Listen ALL (and I mean those who know me well or -at least- have heard "rumours" about my play) :P
Is my meta
as Scum
ever strike you as
careless
??
Another question: Am I more "playful" as town or as Scum?
Now I'm not saying I can't try to replicate my town game as scum (at least to the best of my ability), BUT.. would I EVER fake claim something as silly as I did in this game as scum??? FGS. Everyone who played with me (or in the 2 themes I've modded) knows I hate it when people skip the specific rules and/or role PMs details. I even include clues is my day opening posts as well as the rules, so I consider it quite imperative for players to carefully read the rules as either alignment. Just
think before you decide
is all I ask. I won't be addressing this silly accusation any further. It's lazy at best (and you really don't wanna know what I'd call it at worst)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6588 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Sigh. Ok with the botched fake claim out of the way his ISO is super crap so vote him for that. I want this lynch today and if I'm wrong I'll shut up and sheep someone towny tomorrow. But I'm feeling pretty good about this overall, given his reaction too.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6589 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

His insta-tunnel on me is super-easy and a good way to excuse himself from actual scum hunting. I'm like pretty sure A50 is scum here.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6590 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6583, Nero Cain wrote:I sorta feel like the most likely scum are going to be in alch, nahdia, and oka
@ the same time, I'm still a little skeptical that gobbles actually did track piss b/c Blair actually did kinda crumb she was going to visit Quick. And she was hard scum reading both gobble and Ari. Is that crazy?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6591 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

alch, oka, gobble?

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6592 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

No it's not crazy. It's possible. I'm thinking all your scumreads are less likely scum than A50 though.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6593 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6588, CheekyTeeky wrote:I want this
lynch
today
Oh, behave! :twisted:

Spoiler:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6594 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

I haven't read much, but why is A50 scum Cheeky?
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6595 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3020, Nahdia wrote:Wanna lynch in Creature, Saudade, Nero, 5G
this was all town. Well Saudade was on d1 b4 he was recruited so but I think the read is based off Saudade's d1 play.

In post 3215, Nahdia wrote:gonna sheep one of my townreads for the sake of consolidation
scummy, absolving themselves of blame. (there will be a "BUT TOWN DO THAT TOO! argument and while it's true its mostly poor townplay that scum can easily abuse so they do. We can call it null if it makes u feel better.)
In post 3675, Nahdia wrote:{mastina}
{Nero, 5G}
{Quick, Saudade}
other than Quick, all the scum reads are town.
In post 5046, Nahdia wrote:this whole day has just become deciding between lynchbaits.
:shifty:

Nahdia has also stopped doing reads lists and feels very lurky.

critisims of my nahdia scum read are: town can have bad reads and Nahdia having bad reads doesn't nessiserilly make them scum. Scum are winning and nahdia is just demotivated town.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6596 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

a50, I think that if you are town getting upset over ppl suspecting you is just lame and immature.

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6597 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 6594, gobbledygook wrote:I haven't read much, but why is A50 scum Cheeky?
Read like last page.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6598 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I reached similar conclusions about Nahdias reads and I'm not sure why their activity has changed so much but like it's still more of an uninformed feel than A50 has given off. He legit reads awkward like caught scum since my push.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6599 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Like town A50 would be ripping me to shreds about how shit I am. Not self-metaing to placate the crowd.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”