Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Umlaut »

The point you keep insisting on is that I am, or was, nervous and backtracking. I wasn't, and honestly I can't see what you even think there is for me to be nervous about or how you think it would hypothetically benefit me as scum to profess some specific opinion with regard to that story at all.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by SirCakez »

How am I wishy washy? I've been very consistent on all of my reads.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Titus »

Ok Drew might be town here.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

Spoiler:
In post 306, SirCakez wrote:
In post 304, Titus wrote:
In post 286, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don't think a Nahdia wagon would be bad, but i'd like to settle some scores first.
What scores? Why does this prevent you from voting Nahdia?
why do you think Nahdia scum here Titus? W
ant to hear your opinion cuz I can't figure her out.
In post 349, SirCakez wrote:this game is slower than slower than molasses
jeez
like the Puppy entrance and that's about all I have to add here
In post 364, SirCakez wrote:
Starting to think osuka maybe town
In post 390, SirCakez wrote:I mean
he kind of
was
"I want to lynch cakez" + "I want to end the day"
In post 409, SirCakez wrote:Need a VC
If fwog wagon is dead I'll go back to BR for consolidation
In post 410, SirCakez wrote:
Wake's absence is also concerning
He was a lot more active as town in the Mini I played with him recently
In post 467, SirCakez wrote:
In post 461, bob3141 wrote:
In post 459, SirCakez wrote:
In post 455, bob3141 wrote:
In post 407, SirCakez wrote:
In post 391, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 390, SirCakez wrote:"I want to lynch cakez" + "I want to end the day"
No, you're just misrepping what i said.
What were you saying then?
In post 392, bob3141 wrote:
In post 390, SirCakez wrote:I mean he kind of was
"I want to lynch cakez" + "I want to end the day"
So are you saying some wanting to lynch you and thus end the day is scummy?

I must say so far you have not pinged me like the last game i had with you. That game you were my number one day one town read. This game im certainly not getting that.
Yeah cuz what's the town motivation for it?

Are you saying that town would not be motivated to lynch someone they think is scum?

And that it is not a townie thing to want to try and lynch scum. Really.

As so far, you have not given a single reason as to why the fact that Ranger wants your lynch leads to the conclusion that he is scum. In effect your scum read is nothing more tha omgus Ranger scum reads me thus he is scum.

In fact you have yet to give a any reason as to why you think he is scum. At most i can see you saying his post on pg 2 were bad. But nothing about what you foudn bad about them.

Again what about Rangers scum read of you do you claim to think isnt genuinely held. as even if you are town wouldnt you be trying to figure out if he is town wrongly scum reading you or scum faking a scum read on you
I assume you mean Norwegian here?
You're misrepping me reallly bad by saying that I'm SRing Norwegian for trying to lynch me. I'm SRing that because he's trying to end the day early by lynching me when we still have time left.
I have talked about Black Ranger more than just page 2. I find his tone and posts to be very overworked and fake-sounding, this started from that ridiculous over-aggression he had early on.
i was talking about both but i do think i got bit mixed up when writing the posts. The first half was intented to be about nord and the later about ranger.

So you say its not because of the fact that he wants to lynch you but becuase he wants to end it now. ok. But still your really just splitting hairs here as it all still comes down to you pushign a player for wantign your lynch. What real difference does it make if he wants you today or tommorrow. It migth have been half way day one and although i do think thats to early to end the day. I dont see it as valid reason to scum read some alone. As unless you have meta on nord saying that he always waits until the last minute as town. I cant see that alone being enough to back up the validity of your scum read on him. As i would expect that you would have to find something significantly wrong with his scum read towards you. To think the fact that nord is happy to end the day with your lynch rather than wait a few more days to be a significant enough to form a scum read around it. But all i can find is you saying he misrepped one of your posts with no follow up on it. Everythign else you were on the defensive

So what in his read of you is significant enough to warrant such scum read when combined with him being happy to end teh day now with your lynch. What makes you think he isnt town happy he has found scum. As for you to conclude teh time issue means scum. There must be something. and i would of expected you to be pushign him over it.

Barely any more about Black ranger than that one post. Below is teh only other two posts i found a reference to ranger in that you were not either responding too or making fluff post.

"Still SRing Black Ranger. Nahdia asked why? Because his page 1/2 content looked like scum trying to get posts in as "content""
"Black Ranger's posts read really overwrought. like they're trying to make sure everything looks right. I dislike it."

So far from this posts here you have only extented you read on him to add over-agressive.

What do you make of his reads? On other players reads of him?
What do you think is his scum motivation for any push or town read he may have pushed?

Your read on ranger is really shallow and amounts to two-three lines.
On Nord - my SR there is pretty weak
and only evidenced by that push to end the day we've been discussing. I have other much stronger SRs and I'm not sure why you think my SR on that post = a super strong SR on Nord. I've called one post of his and you're acting like I'm deathtunneling him.
On BR - I don't like getting into things like motivations for certain pushes until we have flips.
I'm reading him off tone here. And I always play like this, none of my reads are ever super fleshed out or detailed.

I also don't want to get into some huge wall war with you like you did with osuka earlier.

Read above. Bolded is what I'm discussing.

In my mind, the focus on BR but your vote is on feog. You cast a wide net and the language appears without conviction.

Again, that's my view. I've never played with you so this might need to be adjusted at my end but that's what I'm seeing.

To me, lack of conviction identifies active lurking, which is wishy washy and allows you, the slot, to move between wagons as you see fit. What holds me back is you haven't flip flopped through. Which is why I've got interest in you but reservations about declaring you a SR.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Titus, can you please be a little more open with your reads? You're kind of an obvious night kill target, so while I'd like to keep you I'm not sure how long that will be possible. I appreciate your not wanting to tip your hand but it would be nice to see it while you're still alive.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 475, Umlaut wrote:The point you keep insisting on is that I am, or was, nervous and backtracking. I wasn't, and honestly I can't see what you even think there is for me to be nervous about or how you think it would hypothetically benefit me as scum to profess some specific opinion with regard to that story at all.
I’m not the only one to notice your nervousness. So that correlates my view on your jitteryness.

I think I am beginning to discern
why
you are, but that your behaviour is like that I think is evident.

The flip on the story thing still sits as a tell of sorts. That suggests you’re blind to your own playstyle/what has happened, or you’re lying.
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

Brackets are a form of readlist that i first learned about in my home site. You group players from townieness to scumminess. They can vary in a number of different ways

The most basic one is:
{Town}
{Null}
{Scum}

The ones I did were
{Town}
{Null}
{Slight scum}
{Scum}

They're always subject to change
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 477, Titus wrote:Ok Drew might be town here.
I wouldn't jump to a townread just yet but he gets a pass

I've lost to wall posting wolves before
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

Norwegian is town and I don't blame them for wanting to end day early

Hot take of the century
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 483, fwogcarf wrote:Norwegian is town and I don't blame them for wanting to end day early

Hot take of the century
I want to know why you read him this way and I want to know why getting to night is in any way a town based behaviour.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Nahdia »

hot take, have norway answer that first.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

When we reach day 2 we will have flips. Flips are used to improve or build reads from. Flips give us wagon analysis. Do i need to expand further?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It’s hard for me to grasp people’s alignments based on just the posts i’ve seen so far. And that’s why i held this stance at that point in time.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Take a look at votes on me tbh. Really weak reasons to vote me there.

- Bunno
Fenraiser
Fenraiser
Goon
Fenraiser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by Fenraiser »

Uh I said I didn't read Unlaut as nervous more of confident @Drew
I hate Fen for making this role
- Anonymous Person
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 489, Fenraiser wrote:Uh I said I didn't read Unlaut as nervous more of confident @Drew
I went back and reread and you’re correct. I misread the emphasis on a few words and misunderstood the meaning of what you said. I retract my comment regarding your suggestion.

As I’ve said, my view on Um has progressed in a positive sense but I still am wary.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:05 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 483, fwogcarf wrote:Norwegian is town and I don't blame them for wanting to end day early

Hot take of the century
Why do you town read him though?

I see in post 387 he appears in your top read section along with osuka and puppy. But before then you mention no stances on him. A few replies and few fluff posts but nothing from you. And nothing since. I might be questioning cake over his scum read that he has clarified to be a weak one. But I myself would never town read nord for wanting to end the day early as its easily NAI. But you mention that fact along side a repeat of your town read for him. A read i can find no progression for.

In fact i cant see any real attempt to be proactive in sorting players.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by bob3141 »

The only real progression in your reads seems to be the scum read you have on nadia.

You have bit on the players in middle two brackets and some on osuka.

But none on puppy. The only time ive seen in your iso that you intereacted with that slot is over that story lucky made. Where you were simply adding to it. So no posts that were not simply fluff ( by searching your iso for lucky)

So can you explain how your puppy town read came about?
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by bob3141 »

above also @fwog
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:29 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 486, NorwegianboyEE wrote:When we reach day 2 we will have flips. Flips are used to improve or build reads from. Flips give us wagon analysis. Do i need to expand further?
Not really.

That much is common sense.

Part of why I typically engage more in Day 2 and on.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Fenraiser
Fenraiser
Goon
Fenraiser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:25 am

Post by Fenraiser »

Titus view on wagons seem good tbh and Manatee interjection is good. Gonna look into it when I'm off work.
I hate Fen for making this role
- Anonymous Person
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:19 am

Post by Titus »

In post 479, Umlaut wrote:Titus, can you please be a little more open with your reads? You're kind of an obvious night kill target, so while I'd like to keep you I'm not sure how long that will be possible. I appreciate your not wanting to tip your hand but it would be nice to see it while you're still alive.
I am the obvious doctor heal too but I'll make a wall later today.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:27 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 473, Drew-Sta wrote:
In post 340, CantHateAPuppy wrote:lol i'm putting my vote back where my slot had it in the first place

VOTE: Black Ranger
Why? This makes me nervous given the:

a. lack of analysis suggesting your read
b. (and, again, no information whatsoever in your vote for why you read them scum)
how about the post right before that one where i talk about BR?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:28 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 479, Umlaut wrote:Titus, can you please be a little more open with your reads? You're kind of an obvious night kill target, so while I'd like to keep you I'm not sure how long that will be possible. I appreciate your not wanting to tip your hand but it would be nice to see it while you're still alive.
seconding this (again)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:31 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

also, drew, what's this Norwee slip that I'm apparently dastardly helping conceal?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”