Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

If I get to nominate, I want Tux claiming before Nauci.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

if Blair is scum and wins this game, this will be the biggest failure of my mafia career...and that is saying something.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

It's hard to see a world where Blair isn't scum, and equally importantly, if she's pushing to lynch me in LyLo, I'm completely vindicated anyway. :D
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

and to think, I nearly lynched you when I first joined the damn game, until I bought into Freddie's charm!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Blair »

I eagerly await your explanation for why the only rational interpretation of the events in this game is that Dunnstral and I disastrously cross-bussed.

But first, let's finish the mass claim.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

A bit of coaching from Blair to Dunnstral (and a scumslip to boot?):
In post 1902, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1748, BBmolla wrote:I'm on page 2, Lillith (now Dunn) is scum for helping in

Feather (Nauci) is town for townslipping

gibus is town for being excited and unafraid

former was kind of being a douche

gibus is fucking hilarious
In post 346, Freddiethelady wrote:also, I looked up noob on the mafiawiki page of abbreviations and couldn't find it. would someone explain what it means, please.
how

lilith is for sure scum
In post 372, lilith2013 wrote:I think copykat's switch from defending gibus ("scum wouldn't be trying to out masons in this thread") to attacking a "scumslip" feel contrived to me, like he is trying to get on the bandwagon as fast as possible and needs something to attack gibus for. Typically I think scum are more likely to attack something like that so suddenly and aggressively.

VOTE: copykat

I think this is L-2
disgusting vote
In post 1857, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Dunstral
Are we going to let this guy get away with this depth of reads?
In post 1903, Blair wrote:Are you?

Press him on it. That post dubious #40 scumread might be a good place to start.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Blair »

If Dunnstral and I were scum together, we had the opportunity to win the game yesterday if we could coordinate suspicion on to literally any townie.

So why would we initiate a 1v1 between ourselves so early in the phase when neither of us were under any real pressure? (Dunnstral had one person voting for him while most players seemed resigned to a no lynch)

I could see scum cross bussing near the end of the day after exhausting all other options, perhaps - but pretty much right out the gate? During what could have been a game-winning phase?
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

This is Dunnstral's reaction to my assessment of Freddie (Blair) basically falling apart over his claim earlier in the game. He jumped right on the bus!
In post 1724, Dunnstral wrote:Uh... I agree with what Battle mage pointed out. In post 1122 quoted above, the implication/thought process is that Freddie was considering fake claiming, but they're not good at it so they're not going to, so they're 'just' claiming VT
In post 1728, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Blair

What I've seen from Freddie feels like scum. Votato looks like he is defending his irl friend without much in-game basis just because they're friends (just calling it how I see it). Formerfish looks like town. Osuka idk
This is some more thinly-concealed Blair coaching towards Dunnstral. Obviously a bit of a fraught relationship there - Blair clearly irritated that she replaced in, only for her buddy to bus her at the earliest opportunity:
In post 1827, Blair wrote:(Dunnstral should also weigh in soon with his actual opinion instead of continuing to frame this as a conversation between Gibus and myself)
In post 1828, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1824, Blair wrote:If you disagree, say so and provide evidence, instead of asking vague questions without acknowledging the posts and vote history I have already provided in the post you quoted.
In post 1827, Blair wrote:(Dunnstral should also weigh in soon with his actual opinion instead of continuing to frame this as a conversation between Gibus and myself)
My opinion is that you're strangely aggressive over what is essentially a misunderstanding
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2331, Blair wrote:If Dunnstral and I were scum together, we had the opportunity to win the game yesterday if we could coordinate suspicion on to literally any townie.

So why would we initiate a 1v1 between ourselves so early in the phase when neither of us were under any real pressure? (Dunnstral had one person voting for him while most players seemed resigned to a no lynch)

I could see scum cross bussing near the end of the day after exhausting all other options, perhaps - but pretty much right out the gate? During what could have been a game-winning phase?
Maybe it was a strategy! I think you believe you're a good enough player to pull something like that off. And Dunnstral had been bussing you since he joined anyway. And besides, it only really went down that way because Dunnstral claimed and it fell apart if I recall?

Tux - You're claiming, Blair said so!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 2325, Battle Mage wrote:If I get to nominate, I want Tux claiming before Nauci.
Thought we were waiting on Nauci to make the call?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2334, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 2325, Battle Mage wrote:If I get to nominate, I want Tux claiming before Nauci.
Erm no, I get to choose the next claimer.

Nauci is in charge of strategy for the remainder of the day.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2332, Battle Mage wrote:This is some more thinly-concealed Blair coaching towards Dunnstral. Obviously a bit of a fraught relationship there - Blair clearly irritated that she replaced in, only for her buddy to bus her at the earliest opportunity:
The problem with this analysis is that Dunnstral was not voting for or scumreading me during this conversation. Which is unfortunate for your theory because Dunnstral "bussing" me there was the foundation of your argument.
Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2331, Blair wrote:If Dunnstral and I were scum together, we had the opportunity to win the game yesterday if we could coordinate suspicion on to literally any townie.

Maybe it was a strategy! I think you believe you're a good enough player to pull something like that off. And Dunnstral had been bussing you since he joined anyway. And besides, it only really went down that way because Dunnstral claimed and it fell apart if I recall?
No, it "went down that way" (as a 1v1) because Dunnstral claimed a guilty on me. The 1v1 was cooked into the claim from the beginning, which means the 1v1 was cooked into the scum strategy from the beginning.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Blair, you're not going to convince me this was some mastermind strategy nobody would ever see through. I think it was a half-baked strategy which was poorly executed.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Blair »

Retraction: Dunnstral was voting for me, actually. But he wasn't accusing me in that conversation, he was just disagreeing with my Gibus case. So why would I lash out at him for "bussing" me at that juncture?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2337, Battle Mage wrote:Blair, you're not going to convince me this was some mastermind strategy nobody would ever see through. I think it was a half-baked strategy which was poorly executed.
I'm not going to convince you because you're scum.

You're accusing me of gamethrowing - if the scum team was Blair/Dunnstral we could have angled for a town lynch but instead chose to save ALL the townies by initiating a 1v1 at the beginning of the phase between ourselves?

I might try something like that in mid game, but not endgame. It's an unforced error.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2339, Blair wrote:
In post 2337, Battle Mage wrote:Blair, you're not going to convince me this was some mastermind strategy nobody would ever see through. I think it was a half-baked strategy which was poorly executed.
I'm not going to convince you because you're scum.

You're accusing me of gamethrowing - if the scum team was Blair/Dunnstral we could have angled for a town lynch but instead chose to save ALL the townies by initiating a 1v1 at the beginning of the phase between ourselves?

I might try something like that in mid game, but not endgame.
It's an unforced error.
scumslip
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2288, Battle Mage wrote:dunnstral claimed tracker with no counterclaim? and he's at -1 in lylo? is that right.... :lol:
This is one of the scummiest posts in this game, by the way.

He made this post as part of a three consecutive, uninterrupted posts that ended with him proclaiming both Dunnstral and I were scum.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Blair »

Battle Mage, read the sentence immediately before the one you bolded. I'm describing the hypothetical gambit as an unforced error, not Dunnstral's claim. You're plainly arguing in bad faith.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2341, Blair wrote:
In post 2288, Battle Mage wrote:dunnstral claimed tracker with no counterclaim? and he's at -1 in lylo? is that right.... :lol:
This is one of the scummiest posts in this game, by the way.

He made this post as part of a three consecutive, uninterrupted posts that ended with him proclaiming both Dunnstral and I were scum.
because I implied I thought Dunnstral might be town, whilst he was on the cusp of being lynched? Yes because I would clearly do that with my scumbuddy. :roll:

You're barking up the wrong tree here, this makes me conf-town if you know my meta! :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Blair »

2288, 2289, and 2290 are all yours.

Why try to save Dunnstral in 2288 and then call him scum in 2290?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Blair, I've already made my mind up, subject to claim shenanigans. And if you're town, you're responsible for us being in this mess, by not pushing for the massclaim yesterday when it would have been more informative, and for tunnelling me relentlessly which is tantamount to throwing the game. You've made it such that if you're town, town can't win. Which is a situation yesterday I tried very hard to avoid, using correct mafia approach. But we are where we are!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Blair »

2290 contains three theories, all of which include Dunnstral in their solves.

Yet you're theorizing that it's ridiculous to lynch him at the exact same time?

As for claiming yesterday, I explained exactly why I was against it, and then I immediately supported it after Dunnstral's claim (even as you continued claiming everyone was opposed to claiming).

Meanwhile, you never explained why your plan to massclaim and then no lynch was optimal, instead repeatedly referencing some Mith post from an unrelated game that you never actually pointed us to.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 2335, Battle Mage wrote:

Okay, I'm...
Town Jailkeeper

I Jailed FF N1. Softed here.
In post 1273, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 1272, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
Everyone should click my link and post a comment on it in here. Kthxbai
That's So FFucking Cute!
Jailed Blair N2, which I didn't soft but it's how I knew Dunn was lying.

Then I jailed Battlemage N3 (probably a mistake in retrospect but I was really certain of that team), so he's conf town. Softed here.
In post 2227, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 2225, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2224, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Are you claiming that you tracked Blair to Alortrom last night so they must be the roleblocker?
YES
Lets end this battle.

VOTE: Dunnstral
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I'm conf-town? excellent! good work Tux, your claim was worth the wait. Let's wait for Nauci just to check she isn't countering or something mad.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2347, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 2335, Battle Mage wrote:

Okay, I'm...
Town Jailkeeper

I Jailed FF N1. Softed here.
In post 1273, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 1272, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
Everyone should click my link and post a comment on it in here. Kthxbai
That's So FFucking Cute!
Jailed Blair N2, which I didn't soft but it's how I knew Dunn was lying.

Then I jailed Battlemage N3 (probably a mistake in retrospect but I was really certain of that team), so he's conf town. Softed here.
In post 2227, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 2225, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2224, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Are you claiming that you tracked Blair to Alortrom last night so they must be the roleblocker?
YES
Lets end this battle.

VOTE: Dunnstral
Also that must mean scum tried to kill FF (me) on Night 1? :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10