Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2751, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2748, Menalque wrote:I kinda think his spat with me on D1 was towny in hindsight
Could you remind me why you think that spat was townie on his end?

@mariar he wasnt close to being lynched
I’ll take another look at his posting there but if memory serves the basis was that his counterpush on me was bad in a way that I think scum!bingle hopefully would have recognised was bad whereas I can see town bingle getting locked in on me pushing him being scummy and grasping to make the arguments he was
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:37 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2753, skitter30 wrote:he wasn't close to being lynched at any point imo

lilith what do you think of the wagon on you?
I think he was close to being lynched instead of gobbles if A50 hasn’t hammered
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2754, lilith2013 wrote:seems pretty hungry to lynch me and SS in succession regardless of what we flip. i don’t think that’s a town thought process. surely if he sees me flip town that would make him reconsider SS?

I mean yeah, because I think you’re scum? I don’t necessarily want to lynch you both in succession so much as I want you both dead because I think it’s likely there’s scum in your two names. Ideally skitter can just vig one of you tonight meaning we can move onto re-examining the townbloc if neither of you do flip scum.

Why would you flipping town mean S_S!town?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2717, Something_Smart wrote:Lilith's interactions leading up to skitter's claim look pretty awful but I think the fact that she's receiving pressure over me makes her town unless the scum are really bus-happy.
In post 2727, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2724, skitter30 wrote:i don't understand why being pressured more than you would make her town unless you were scum?
and i'm assuming you're not arguign that you're scum here
If she were scum then scum would probably be making more of an effort to shift the wagon off of her and onto me.
@skitt
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2761, skitter30 wrote:does anybody want to talk with me about whether they think lilith/ss can be svs?
Sure, I think they could be
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2767, skitter30 wrote:i guess i'm wondering if scum go that far to defend a partner
Depends on the scum? I’ve tried to defend scumbuddies before pretty hard and have gotten away with it on some occasions because ScUm wOuLdn’T dO tHaT
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2772, Datisi wrote:i'm gonna go reread an old newbie to maybe get Enlightened

VOTE: firebringer
Why this and how is this helpful

Also did you finish having your realisation after your nap and do you wanna share what it was
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Menalque »

Well I mean I don’t have a problem with you scumreading firebringer but does this mean you think SS/lil are T/T? Because if you don’t then I really don’t see how it’s helpful to be off either wagon and focussing attention away from something that does need to be resolved.

If you think they’re both town and wanna case that I’ll listen but if not then you should choose which one is scummier and vote there
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Datisi »

yes i did finish my realisation and i made a meme out of it

because at this pace in LyLo either i'm gonna get pushed as ThE DeEpWoLf or i'm gonna have to actually make a deciding vote and i hate both of those scenarios
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Menalque »

Why are you assuming that the game will go to lylo? Why do you think the current solve pool is wrong? Do you think that even?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Menalque »

Let me put that differently: do you think that there is scum in (you, me, skitt, Blake, bingle, A50)? Because if not we’re in a pretty good position to not even necessarily go to lylo and I think it’s quite possible we have competing scum wagons today
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Menalque »

Explain your firebringer read to me and why you think your vote is more productive on him than on S_S or lilith?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:56 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2784, Menalque wrote:Why are you assuming that the game will go to lylo? Why do you think the current solve pool is wrong? Do you think that even?
are you forgetting my no1 thought in mafia
"it's not that easy"

gimme a second i don't wanna be leaving you on read here but i need a second to put my thoughts down and you're rapid firing questions rn
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Menalque »

Okay that’s fine, I should really go and take a shower soon

I mean yes, I’m aware of that, but please try to remember that sometimes it /is/ that easy and you end up talking yourself out of good reads because you get locked into a circle of doubting yourself
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2775, Menalque wrote:I’ll take another look at his posting there but if memory serves the basis was that his counterpush on me was bad in a way that I think scum!bingle hopefully would have recognised was bad whereas I can see town bingle getting locked in on me pushing him being scummy and grasping to make the arguments he was
Hmmmm i'm not sure that's town indicative of him?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 341, Bingle wrote:Those three posts pinged, your fluff to content ratio seems abnormally high, and your 'attempt to read' datisi feels more like an attempt to justify a scumread than a legitimate attempt to read datisi. If, as you argue, you have a good history of accurately locktowning datisi when/if she starts engaging thoroughly with the thread I would expect town you to try to get datisi to engage over other players, not dismiss her and call her scum while she's posting in a manner that you have not argued you can read well.
Like I thought this was a really bad take on what was happening but then multiple people (incl. datisi) said they thought it was in good faith so I decided I was probably reading too much into a genuine (if bad) attempt to sort me from bingle
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2782, Menalque wrote:Well I mean I don’t have a problem with you scumreading firebringer but does this mean you think SS/lil are T/T? Because if you don’t then I really don’t see how it’s helpful to be off either wagon and focussing attention away from something that does need to be resolved.

If you think they’re both town and wanna case that I’ll listen but if not then you should choose which one is scummier and vote there
In post 2785, Menalque wrote:Let me put that differently: do you think that there is scum in (you, me, skitt, Blake, bingle, A50)? Because if not we’re in a pretty good position to not even necessarily go to lylo and I think it’s quite possible we have competing scum wagons today
In post 2786, Menalque wrote:Explain your firebringer read to me and why you think your vote is more productive on him than on S_S or lilith?
In post 2788, Menalque wrote:Okay that’s fine, I should really go and take a shower soon

I mean yes, I’m aware of that, but please try to remember that sometimes it /is/ that easy and you end up talking yourself out of good reads because you get locked into a circle of doubting yourself
ok this post is gonna be a jumbled mess that is kinda a response to the above posts not necessarily in order idfk

i know i have a tendency to talk myself out of Good Reads but like these reads aren't even mine
i agree that lili's posts today wrt PB kill are Not Good but like
i wasn't even SRing s_s

like does this game genuinely seem easy/solved to you??

like do i "think" they're T/T? no. but i also don't "think" they're S/T or S/S because i don't know and something just seems wrong??

do i think there's scum in that pool? no i don't as i said earlier i'm to at least some extent townreading people in that pool but that ain't ever stop me before from feeling uneasy

and it to some extent is feeling we're being forced into lili/s_s and i don't know how much i like it becuase something doesn't feel r i g h t
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Menalque »

I still think bingleboi’s argument there was weak but not sure that’s scum indicative for him?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Datisi »

ik you earlier said that i often don't give you the benefit of the doubt which is i guess true but like it feels as if you're trying to force me to vote in lili/s_s?
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2793, Datisi wrote:ik you earlier said that i often don't give you the benefit of the doubt which is i guess true but like it feels as if you're trying to force me to vote in lili/s_s?
Yes, that’s exactly what I’m doing and I don’t think I’ve been subtle about that? I mean I think “force” is maybe a little harsh but “strongly attempt to persuade you to vote in those two names” would be accurate
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

mena if we lynch lilith today would you canvas for ss tomorrow irregardless of lilith's alignment if i die?

and bingle's argument was kinda bad and like making a mountain out of a molehill kinda? or focusing on the wrong things? idk it felt weird to me
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2778, Menalque wrote:
In post 2717, Something_Smart wrote:Lilith's interactions leading up to skitter's claim look pretty awful but I think the fact that she's receiving pressure over me makes her town unless the scum are really bus-happy.
In post 2727, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2724, skitter30 wrote:i don't understand why being pressured more than you would make her town unless you were scum?
and i'm assuming you're not arguign that you're scum here
If she were scum then scum would probably be making more of an effort to shift the wagon off of her and onto me.
@skitt
what was the point of this post?
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

pointing out to me that ss had already given his lilith read but i forgot about it when i asked him for it
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Datisi »

right

what do you think of those posts?
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

i feel like ss's and lilith's defenses of each other are Very Strange and that there's likely at least one scum in the pair because it's just ... a strange take? idk it almost sounds like it's written from a scum perspective
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”