LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:11 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 374, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 347, NorwegianboyEE wrote:GL's first post actually pinged me hard, but i held back on commenting it until i'd seen what he would be up to. Since i've clearly seen his bad intentions by now there's no point concealing it.
Making a "RVS" vote like that on a random familiar slot and then leaving without doing any solving is an archtypical scum entrance i've seen a couple times by this point. Especially on my home forum. I can't explain it well. But if GL flips scum i'm going to celebrate my ability to see right through shit like that.
you know what I'm going to just wreck this one post in particular and then let you know that I could do this with literally every post of yours if I wanted and I am not doing so only out of interest of keeping the game readable for others and because I'm a generous man

Let's start with the "RVS" vote point. I was the
first to thread
. I normally vote somebody who has posted and pinged me in whatever way when I get to a game late, but here, I had absolutely zero information and decided to vote randomly, I picked somebody I knew and felt comfortable jamming with if we're both town and said hi.

You're suggesting this is somehow scummy enough to catch me off of literally my first post because I then "left" the thread. Did it ever occur to you that... I have things I do outside of this site? Last night I watched Just Mercy (important/great movie btw, highly recommend it to you all) with my girlfriend and then ate an edible and got really stoned and thus in no condition to play any more mafia. Since this game ~literally~ just started, and I was also in a recently completed Blitz game that did demand effort/attention, I figured I could come back and tryhard later when I needed to, like, you know... today. the very next day in real life.

Finally, if you were
truly
confident that you caught me, you wouldn't feel compelled to hedge like you did in the last sentence. "IF GL flips scum, I'm gonna celebrate" like ok bud, you know I'm not flipping scum. If you were town and thought you caught scum and were proud of it, you'd be bragging already and asking others to join you, not awkwardly trying to pretend like you're already proud yet still introducing uncertain tone into it and suddenly switching to future-thinking ("I'm going to celebrate" vs being in the process of actively celebrating).
Alright. So if Norway IS Town, where do you look next?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Here's the last Mini I played as town where,

oh wait a minute, I hadn't even thought to check this myself,

I was
a) town and
b) first to thread and
c) I voted Auro (somebody I know fairly well, we've even recently hydraed together), and
d) said hi!

GOSH WHERE HAVE WE SEEN THAT BEFORE
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

and for the record, I voted somebody I knew there too! I think maybe this is something I just tend to do as either alignment!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ok you disproved 1 out of multiple points. Congratulations. Would you like a lynch as a reward?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

No, I would like you to drop the snark and actually engage with me and answer this question, meaningfully:
In post 369, GuiltyLion wrote:Anyways, let's talk about Glitch. Why did you say he's a mislynch?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:24 pm

I'd really like more takes on GL atm.

I can't really tell much of a diff between Town and Scum meta here on a cursory glance.

The one piece I am holding on to at this point is how GL handles pressure as Scum/Town, but can't be sure on this yet. It looks like GL provides pretty solid reasoning as Scum and it looks like he played with some semi competent people in his Scum game so don't really get how he's saying "ez game" but whatever.

GL, would you say you have a better Town or Scum game?

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I already answered the question if you’d pay any attention.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 345, Candy Shop wrote:So there would be info flowing from nearly every night which made it a good choice to NL without info.
Idk that site but MS definitely isn't a site where you should NL. Look at some completed games in this forum and you'll note that basically no game ends up with a no lynch on day 1
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 382, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I already answered the question if you’d pay any attention.
you didn't really, you basically said Glitch is a mislynch because I suggested I could see myself voting him. Does that reasoning apply to any slot, or specifically just Glitch?

@LQ - Norway's not wrong, my town game is generally better than my scum game, I have a hard time replicating the amount of posts & tryhard I can generate as town. Where he went wrong is to lock himself into a tunnel assuming that I am
not
going to post a lot and tryhard this game :]
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:38 pm

In post 369, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 367, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Because i read you as scum and therefore i view all your interactions with extreme prejudice.
and that's not what you did in our last game together

this one!

I remember much calmer, more chill posts - such as this one!

Anyways, let's talk about Glitch. Why did you say he's a mislynch?
In that newbie with Micc you linked, Norway did kneejerk OMGUS Micc though.

I'm not really vibing your case on Norway. A lot of those things you're pushing as scum indicative often come from town too.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:39 pm

I think Norway's reaction to your push on him rings towny too
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:42 pm

In post 384, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 382, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I already answered the question if you’d pay any attention.
you didn't really, you basically said Glitch is a mislynch because I suggested I could see myself voting him. Does that reasoning apply to any slot, or specifically just Glitch?

@LQ - Norway's not wrong, my town game is generally better than my scum game, I have a hard time replicating the amount of posts & tryhard I can generate as town. Where he went wrong is to lock himself into a tunnel assuming that I am
not
going to post a lot and tryhard this game :]
Define "better"? Or rather, talk about why you are better as Town than Scum.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think my strengths as scum are tonally sounding town and avoiding the obvious 'gotcha's of getting baited into bad pushes or betraying that I'm informed in how I interact/comment with players.

Where I'm weak is sustaining presence/effort - as town I jump in on a bunch of stuff and take the lead and tend to be a pretty prominent figure in the game, and this is just really hard for me to do as scum because I spend so much energy on making sure the individual posts themselves don't sound scummy. So if I feel vaguely kinda town, but I'm surviving well into the game, haven't pushed a lot of lynches/cases, and am in the bottom 1/2 or 1/3 of postcount, I'm probably scum. When I'm town my post rate is consistently 2-3x more.

I'm aware this is something I'm gonna have to try to fix in my scum meta, but the fact of the matter is that I'm just way, way, way more engaged in the game as town, on a soul level, and talented players can usually pick up on that.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 293, Truth wrote:Could they not be performing an act of WIFOM? Where they intentionally push each other with reasons that seem legitimate, but it's because they know people will think they are town for doing them.
I 100% believe that scum put on this type of show sometimes but I 0% believe that either Quick or Osuka could do that
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:48 pm

In post 389, Nauci wrote:
In post 293, Truth wrote:Could they not be performing an act of WIFOM? Where they intentionally push each other with reasons that seem legitimate, but it's because they know people will think they are town for doing them.
I 100% believe that scum put on this type of show sometimes but I 0% believe that either Quick or Osuka could do that
<3

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 350, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 298, GuiltyLion wrote:Yeah okay I have Nauci and CSF as my strong townreads,
Weird slots to have a "strong" townread on.
Explain your reasoning please.
This question was ignored by GuiltyLying.

- Bunno
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 301, osuka wrote:
In post 299, Glitch wrote:osuka - town but omg does this guy have any friends or does he just hate everyone lol
the latter

glitch can be town for now
Woah you even hate me!?

I don't know if my ego could ever recover from this deprivation of Osuka senpai's love
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 302, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 64, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 61, osuka wrote:i'm starting to have serious doubts that you're mason
Man i’m loving the vibes i’m getting from this game already.
This should be entertaining.
As for Truth’s claim i don’t usually see scum planning to make a miller mason claim within very short time of game start, so unless this is some next level WIFOM play by scum i’m inclined to believe the slot for now. Even if i think some of their posts have been a bit awkward.
First two lines feel like scum tryna just like... comment on the game, and then I don't like the way he hedges throughout - "inclined to believe" feels like awkward scum-writing-about-their-fake-thoughts rather than just actually having them.
In post 78, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Quick, if you are town i implore you to abandon this push. It’s quite a reach to assume someone is scum for claiming miller mason, and then suggesting they will only tell the truth when they’ve already stated their name has no bearing on behaviour.
"I implore you to abandon this push"? Norway I don't remember you ever speaking so awkwardly formally like this in our games together?
In post 79, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 73, LicketyQuickety wrote:Oh, you are trying to dialog with a SR. That's interesting. "shoot first ask questions later"?
Having a dialogue with your scumread is natural and has many benefits to town. Don’t like how you’re trying to portray it negatively here.
Shade but no vote or further pressure. It's not clear to me what Norway's read on Quick really is - he constantly talks to him as if he townreads him but then what's the point of a post like this?
In post 158, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Please no. Stop arguing for no lynch.
I can’t take having to explain why it’s a dumb idea.
This vibes to me like a mafia response to someone advocating for No Lynch - contrast how others helpfully at least gave some reasoning for why no lynch is bad, this is just LAMIST.

only later he decides to jump in:
In post 168, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If you are no lynching you are basically throwing the game and wasting your slot and town’s chance to win. (Assuming you are town.)
scumdar firing hard on the awkward "(Assuming you are town.)"

I already called this out but this progression is bad, these posts were FOUR HOURS apart:
In post 130, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It’s been 8 hours and you’re voting GL based on inactivity?
In post 172, NorwegianboyEE wrote:GuiltyLion, can you please come in and obvtown it up soon. Your RVS entrance coupled with disappearing hasn’t exactly filled me to the brin with confidence regarding your slot.
I had similar reactions to the hedging language

Currently I'm struggling with the dynamic between him and popopopopo

Like... Should I consider it suspicious that they just entered into a vote-slave pact on the spot without questioning each other for it or is this some typical NAI shenanigans? I'm entirely puzzled by it and also puzzled by the lack of commentary on it. In light of the stuff that pinged you about Norwegian, what do you think?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I was assaulted, violated. By GuiltyLion’s bad case on me. But he won’t take responsibility for this child of suspicion labelled upon himself. Trying to discredit my case and make me look bad in every level.
Nauci is probably his scum partner because he is questioning my pact with Popopo.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

My purity was taken by this very very bad and lying mean bean machine lion.

- Bunno
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 303, Glitch wrote:Need more info to figure out this whole LQ vs osuka shitshow

I want to know more about LQ and his playstyle and see what's going on. LQ never answered my question at the beginning:
In post 70, Glitch wrote:Lick, what would your strategy be as scum? Fly under the radar? Big and bold to seem fearless of dying? Something else?
My vote stays on you for now cause this whole thing confuses me and you're not looking squeaky clean
Semi-coherent narcissism?

Which is an enormous improvement from 2 years ago which I would describe as fully incoherent narcissism. I've never seen scum!quick nor pro-town!quick ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

His logic and premises always appear rock solid to him and he takes his views to be fact, and then builds his idea of everyone else based on his views and premises. This usually leads to a few different scenarios, like A: Quick super scum tunnels on someone because their scum reads and posts, while consistent in their open read evolutions and perspective, doesn't make sense in Quick's mind so they absolutely must be scum, B: Quick misreads several posts and builds an elaborate "logical" conclusion on completely inaccurate premises and it takes 10 pages to talk him out of that, or C: Quick has a solid read on someone built on solid reasoning and premises but only explains like 15% of his theory so none of the rest of us get what he's saying.

I have yet to figure out how to tell if it's Scum!Quick but I'm pretty good at sorting the NAI Quicksotic components so that he's not lynched as low hanging fruit ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Anyway, if anyone wants he backstory to our relationship. (Me/Popopo)
Read this game:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83063

- Bunno
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:08 pm

Nauci how are you reading Truth?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 305, LicketyQuickety wrote:

Most of this is just IIoA without really committing to anything. I didn't even see a vote in this post, which concerns me a lot actually.

P-edit: GL's tunnel on Norwegian seems ill founded. Norwegian seems Town from seeing them as Scum twice recently. This looks to be a pretty easy push on Norwegian, who IS actually questioning things and Scum hunting. Might not look like much, but it's way less of an agenda based play than I am used to seeing from Noway!Scum. It also gives GL the excuse to keep his vote where it is.
I agree with the first half of this post

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”