Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by farside22 »

I find myself agreeing more with Blair

VOTE: iamausername
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

UNVOTE: MT
VOTE: iamausername

I just spent a game as scum fighting against Blair's instincts to save my team. No one in that game would really follow her and she screamed into the void for many pages. She ended up copping two of them.

Blatant sheep here. Come at me if you don't like it.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Hoopla »

battle to the death!

green crayons vs iamausername

exciting times. i must say, what a treat for mafia enthusiasts watching along witnessing such a high level of play
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 249, Blair wrote:AGar no

Reck misspelled iamausername. You sheeped the wrong vote. I understand, these mistakes can happen to anyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNbBDrceCy8#t=2m11s
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 252, Hoopla wrote:exciting times. i must say, what a treat for mafia enthusiasts watching along witnessing such a high level of play
I am VP Baltar, and this...is my Masterclass.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Llamarble »

VOTE: Green Crayons
May I nominate Auro for buddy #1?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Llamarble »

In post 95, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 81, Untrod Tripod wrote:Reck is my bbf I cba to vote him rn

vote porkens
lol IDGAF ama
was going to vote Auro for his no lynch suggestion

but this is even better

VOTE: Untrod Tripod
In post 100, Auro wrote:
In post 96, Llamarble wrote:Once upon a time that might have been townish, but people learned to fake insufferable long ago, and are particularly likely to at the beginning.
I think that evaluating a single meme (joke) post as "insufferable" is unfair and inaccurate, even for a player who may have never seen such a thing. I also do not see how you can identify that CLAP's posts are natural whereas MT's aren't to arrive at those conclusions that quickly.

VOTE: Llamarble

Green Crayons, can you put into words why that post from Untrod Tripod was scummy?
In post 214, Green Crayons wrote:
Spoiler: i dont like any of it
In post 172, Starbuck wrote:Okay, Noob-ish players, tell me about you!

What brought you to MS?
What's been your favorite *finished* game that you played so far?
What's your favorite role and why?
Who are your top 3 to 5 favorite Scummers and why?
In post 174, Auro wrote:Wouldn't really call myself a noob, lol, but:

1. Played Mafia IRL at college, googled online, came here.
2. I honestly like most games I play - but perhaps the most entertaining one was one where I was a jester among two others (and both town and mafia would lose if all the jesters got out, and we don't know each other) and we all managed to get lynched to a perfect win.
3. Vanilla Town, it perfectly suits my dayplay style: I don't need to worry about "surviving" and I don't need the overhead of who to target.
4. I have way too many at this point :D one name you guys may recognize would be Thor

not scum together but this call and response isn't great for either
I am not a giggler, but I giggled a little bit.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by Blair »

Llamarble no

You misspelled iamausername
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Llamarble »

He isn't a bad choice either but I would like more data. Maybe they are both scum.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I think ABR still has solid scum odds but I vaguely remember finding a similar version of him falsely scummy long ago.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 259, Llamarble wrote:I think ABR still has solid scum odds but I vaguely remember finding a similar version of him falsely scummy long ago.
Yeah no kidding
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

ABR is always falsely scummy until he isn't.

Life comes at you fast.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

[spoiller=llama's single post quote wall]
In post 256, Llamarble wrote:
In post 95, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 81, Untrod Tripod wrote:Reck is my bbf I cba to vote him rn

vote porkens
lol IDGAF ama
was going to vote Auro for his no lynch suggestion

but this is even better

VOTE: Untrod Tripod
In post 100, Auro wrote:
In post 96, Llamarble wrote:Once upon a time that might have been townish, but people learned to fake insufferable long ago, and are particularly likely to at the beginning.
I think that evaluating a single meme (joke) post as "insufferable" is unfair and inaccurate, even for a player who may have never seen such a thing. I also do not see how you can identify that CLAP's posts are natural whereas MT's aren't to arrive at those conclusions that quickly.

VOTE: Llamarble

Green Crayons, can you put into words why that post from Untrod Tripod was scummy?
In post 214, Green Crayons wrote:
Spoiler: i dont like any of it
In post 172, Starbuck wrote:Okay, Noob-ish players, tell me about you!

What brought you to MS?
What's been your favorite *finished* game that you played so far?
What's your favorite role and why?
Who are your top 3 to 5 favorite Scummers and why?
In post 174, Auro wrote:Wouldn't really call myself a noob, lol, but:

1. Played Mafia IRL at college, googled online, came here.
2. I honestly like most games I play - but perhaps the most entertaining one was one where I was a jester among two others (and both town and mafia would lose if all the jesters got out, and we don't know each other) and we all managed to get lynched to a perfect win.
3. Vanilla Town, it perfectly suits my dayplay style: I don't need to worry about "surviving" and I don't need the overhead of who to target.
4. I have way too many at this point :D one name you guys may recognize would be Thor

not scum together but this call and response isn't great for either
I am not a giggler, but I giggled a little bit.
[/spoiler]
idgi
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

oh no i can't spell
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 235, Hoopla wrote:
In post 232, Green Crayons wrote:hoopla, can you tell me what play from MT you're referring to here?
In post 203, Hoopla wrote:opening games tend to fragment into themes - jokers/questionnairers/wagoners etc. alliance crafting/cuteness riffing seemed like the dominant theme on page 1. i expect that scum upon observing the main narrative, tend to play along with it, as its the safest entry into the game. the continued adherence to the established running joke being an exercise in avoidance. a shield, if you will.
Because idgi.
have you ever had an experience where a word just sounds
off
? so you repeat the word out loud, over and over, each iteration sounding more and more absurd, until its lost all its meaning.

i feel like that's what's happening with this whole cuteness introspection.

my attempt to filter an intuitive response through the ugly kaleidoscope of words was an olive-branch. a compromise of sorts, to show my reasoning, when it didn't really come from a place of reasoning in the first place.

the focus on this specific event almost seems like another version of what pinged me about morning tweet to begin with: an easy narrative to look busy participating in.
you know this is completely obtuse, right?

In post 243, Hoopla wrote:no, sorry. i'm going to have to assert that cuteness was my intellectual property, as evidenced by my opening post. it was such a charming post, you simply couldn't help yourself in tagging along.
I don't even *know* if this is AI, but since i'm one foot down the rabbit hole anyway--so did you intend for the cuteness thing to catch on as A Thing or are you saying MT was suspicious because she just happened to pick it up and run with it?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 264, Green Crayons wrote:you know this is completely
obtuse
opaque
, right?
fixed. i've been working all day and my brain's fried. o words are all the same.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Also:
In post 217, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 187, Hoopla wrote:i've enjoyed llamarble's fervent insistence on cutting through the dense layers of jokes and naval-gazing theorycrafting permeating our early-game. actual attempts at analysis? how refreshing!
point to examples
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 266, Green Crayons wrote:Also:
In post 187, Hoopla wrote:i've enjoyed llamarble's fervent insistence on cutting through the dense layers of jokes and naval-gazing theorycrafting permeating our early-game. actual attempts at analysis? how refreshing!
point to examples
llamarble's post 90 was an earnest attempt at dissecting the early game - the first person to really do so in any meaningful way. that, and his handful of subsequent posts (when he wasn't being lured into theory-chat with auro) were perhaps the catalyst for transitioning us into a more serious discourse.

if you can't notice the difference in the tone of the game from page 1-3 compared to ~post 90 onward, i don't know what to say.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Llamarble »

In post 264, Green Crayons wrote:
have you ever had an experience where a word just sounds
off
? so you repeat the word out loud, over and over, each iteration sounding more and more absurd, until its lost all its meaning.

i feel like that's what's happening with this whole cuteness introspection.

my attempt to filter an intuitive response through the ugly kaleidoscope of words was an olive-branch. a compromise of sorts, to show my reasoning, when it didn't really come from a place of reasoning in the first place.

the focus on this specific event almost seems like another version of what pinged me about morning tweet to begin with: an easy narrative to look busy participating in.
you know this is completely obtuse, right?
It's simple enough. Hoopla had a gut read or a "this matches a scum pattern in my brain" moment.
Then she ended up having to try and explain in words what gave rise to it when her brain didn't use words when deducing the player was scum to begin with.

I've been effectively buddied by Hoopla before; I had a moment earlier where I thought "Maybe Hoopla told Auro to buddy me in the scum QT" but that pairing seems unlikely now.
Hoopla is excellent as scum and I regard her and Reck as the biggest potential threats to a town win.
That said, the same-wavelength towntell is a hard one to intentionally fake. Usually where we have disagreed and I looked back, I found there was good reason for it.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Porkens »

VOTE: unvote

Intent to lolhammer.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Always wait for claim
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Porkens »

No promises
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 267, Hoopla wrote:
In post 266, Green Crayons wrote:Also:
point to examples
llamarble's post 90 was an earnest attempt at dissecting the early game - the first person to really do so in any meaningful way. that, and his handful of subsequent posts (when he wasn't being lured into theory-chat with auro) were perhaps the catalyst for transitioning us into a more serious discourse.

if you can't notice the difference in the tone of the game from page 1-3 compared to ~post 90 onward, i don't know what to say.
Its not whether I see a tonal shift. Im trying to figure out if you’re genuine or buddying.

So far you’ve given me one post.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Porkens »

This game kicks ass. I have almost no reads whatsoever.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

What do you think about my infinitesimally small iso, Porkens?
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”