Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Glitch »

My reasoning is not solely based on that though. I think you're misunderstanding my reasoning. The lack of quality content and original thinking is not my primary reason for SR'ing Cat. It is an element that plays a part, but the main suspicion comes in with literally backing off her main SR when he starts to push her and jumping onto Nauci with a weak-ass argument she isn't even fully convinced of herself. She sets herself up to stick with Nauci for a while if needed, or to jump ship easily too. There's no commitment and no resolve.
In post 703, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:My case on Nauci is that she seems to comment on things that aren't game related when there's content to analyze.
I would like to see where she lands once she gets more time to dedicate to this game.
Right there. How is this not scummy AF?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1099, Blair wrote:So Quick are you town reading CSF or just whinging about everyone who votes for her?
Just trying to keep people honest and attacking things that are actually AI. This isn't doing it for me. I have Catty as Null currently but that doesn't mean I am going to support NAI reasons for pressure on that slot.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:57 pm

In post 1100, Glitch wrote:My reasoning is not solely based on that though. I think you're misunderstanding my reasoning. The lack of quality content and original thinking is not my primary reason for SR'ing Cat. It is an element that plays a part, but the main suspicion comes in with literally backing off her main SR when he starts to push her and jumping onto Nauci with a weak-ass argument she isn't even fully convinced of herself. She sets herself up to stick with Nauci for a while if needed, or to jump ship easily too. There's no commitment and no resolve.
In post 703, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:My case on Nauci is that she seems to comment on things that aren't game related when there's content to analyze.
I would like to see where she lands once she gets more time to dedicate to this game.
Right there. How is this not scummy AF?
If you have other reasons, I'd like to hear them. People respond to pressure as both Town and Scum. So saying, "See look! They started producing content when someone called them out for being lazy!" isn't going to cut it.

Further, that was post 703 so I see nothing wrong with it.

Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Glitch »

So a total change of playstyle when pushed, +unvoting your main SR when that person pushes you, +a vote for someone you have a weak ass argument on, +703... is all NAI?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:25 pm

In post 1103, Glitch wrote:So a total change of playstyle when pushed, +unvoting your main SR when that person pushes you, +a vote for someone you have a weak ass argument on, +703... is all NAI?
Your making your case way stronger than it actually is here.

It's not a "total change of playstyle" it's just being a bit more active and showing a bit more effort. They might have gotten a Town tell from the person pushing them for their vote. I haven't looked at the reason for the vote, but people vote for pressure all the time, so this is a moot point anyways. Yes, 703 is at least NAI.

Anything else? I can do this all day.

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1080, popopopopopopo wrote:
In post 1070, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1036, Blair wrote:CSF's ISO is full of:

A. Safe pushes

B. Clarifying questions

C. Mediation of misunderstandings

These are all things I reliably do as scum when I want to coast, and CSF and I just completed a scum game together so the mind-meld makes sense. :wink:
But that's not how I play scum
lol, what kind of response is this
It’s not how I play scum and Blair just played scum with me

It is how I play town
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:51 pm

Idk why Blair is scumreading me for making safe pushes. Which pushes seemed safe as opposed to me genuinely scumreading someone?

Why is mediation of misunderstandings a scummy thing to do especially if you think the two people arguing are tvt
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:52 pm

In post 1087, osuka wrote:
In post 1054, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:As of page 35, I don't scumread Nauci anymore
holy shit haha

and
I
thought i was late to this game
?

I was effectively inactive from this game for the last few days and was catching up
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:10 pm

In post 1090, Glitch wrote: Did you ramp up your posts because you realized that you couldn't fly under the radar as silent anymore once popo called you on it? Your change to Nauci feels like crap just trying to get po to not be so laser focused in on you, so you jump to Nauci when you don't even have that solid of an argument there.

VOTE: Cat Scratch Fever

I'd be okay with NDmath but honestly CSF is much scummier when you look back over the progression of the game.
Your case on me boils down to asking questions, not explaining my reads (lol), and being more engaged in the game when something directly involves me

My questions aren’t useless or lazy- if I think someone has posted something that was unusual, I usually prod for more information. Sometimes it ends up being a dead end but sometimes it leaves information to look back on in later days.

Granted it’s maybe lazy to not explain my reads unless someone asks me, but I’m always willing to oblige if someone asks me to explain a read.

I still stand by my earlier push on nauci- it was weird for her to come in and shitpost where popo and I were posting back and forth but I think that may just be because she was busy irl, because her posting improved later. I still think popo is town based on meta.

Why is it scummy for me to be more interested in the game when something directly engages me?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:12 pm

In post 1097, Glitch wrote:
In post 1096, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1095, Glitch wrote:
In post 1091, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why does lazy = Scum tho?
If your goal is to fly under the radar and not draw attention, hoping to just wait the day out until others can devour each other, then vague contribution with little commitment and very low content that doesn't help us to get anywhere helps accomplish that goal. Once he was called on that, everything changed. Looks like scum trying to lie low and then when caught is like "oh shit let me immediately unvote the person who is SR'ing me and move my vote to someone who I don't even have a good case for."
Town can and does do that as well. So it's a moot point really.
I'm open to being wrong about these things as any games I play online I tend to be pointed out as the noob who doesn't understand the game, and oftentimes get SR'd for that. But it just doesn't make sense to me. Why would you not contribute and be wishy-washy, vote with a lame argument, and run from your SR when they start to SR you if your wincon is to find scum?
Why can’t I be town who started townreading popo because someone said he was less engaged as scum?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:12 pm

In post 1108, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1090, Glitch wrote: Did you ramp up your posts because you realized that you couldn't fly under the radar as silent anymore once popo called you on it? Your change to Nauci feels like crap just trying to get po to not be so laser focused in on you, so you jump to Nauci when you don't even have that solid of an argument there.

VOTE: Cat Scratch Fever

I'd be okay with NDmath but honestly CSF is much scummier when you look back over the progression of the game.
Your case on me boils down to asking questions, not explaining my reads (lol), and being more engaged in the game when something directly involves me

My questions aren’t useless or lazy- if I think someone has posted something that was unusual, I usually prod for more information. Sometimes it ends up being a dead end but sometimes it leaves information to look back on in later days.

Granted it’s maybe lazy to not explain my reads unless someone asks me, but I’m always willing to oblige if someone asks me to explain a read.

I still stand by my earlier push on nauci- it was weird for her to come in and shitpost where popo and I were posting back and forth but I think that may just be because she was busy irl, because her posting improved later. I still think popo is town based on meta.

Why is it scummy for me to be more interested in the game when something directly engages me?
Case and point, Glitch's case on you sucks.

Vote Glitch for actually Scumminess?

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Fwiw I also thought nauci was a worthwhile push because reading one of her games, she was like almost immediately obvtown to me, whereas she wasn’t here.

I’m a meta dependent player, especially in low info day 1.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:16 pm

Idk I’m weirded out by me as a growing cw to NDMath
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:17 pm

In post 1112, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Idk I’m weirded out by me as a growing cw to NDMath
So maybe make Glitch a competing wagon?

I've said ND is Town. It's only a matter of time for the rest of Town to see it. That wagon is going to disappear.

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:23 pm

I'm going to do a close read of NDMath's games
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:24 pm

In post 1114, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I'm going to do a close read of NDMath's games
Meta mostly sucks.

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1078, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1000, osuka wrote:how the fuck is mafia supposed to know you're mason? mafia has no setup knowledge other than their own roles

you seem to gravely misunderstand some very core concepts of this game
If he is in fact a mason, it's pretty natural to assume that mafia would know he's town and therefore likely not lying about being a
mason
of all things

I still like the Osuka vote, none of his latest bursts of post felt all that town and this one was really bad shade-for-sake-of-shade
this isn’t false if you take the literal meaning here but boy is this ever a spin

He operates under the assumption that mafia knows his role, and of particular note is the fact that this one isn’t even one of the most absurd things in the laundry list of mind boggingly nonsensical things that slot has been saying thus game. Why are you defending a slot that is either scum or so glaringly anti town?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:32 pm

In post 1116, osuka wrote:
In post 1000, osuka wrote:how the fuck is mafia supposed to know you're mason? mafia has no setup knowledge other than their own roles

If he is in fact a mason, it's pretty natural to assume that mafia would know he's town and therefore likely not lying about being a
mason
of all things

I still like the Osuka vote, none of his latest bursts of post felt all that town and this one was really bad shade-for-sake-of-shade
this isn’t false if you take the literal meaning here but boy is this ever a spin

He operates under the assumption that mafia knows his role, and of particular note is the fact that this one isn’t even one of the most absurd things in the laundry list of mind boggingly nonsensical things that slot has been saying thus game. Why are you defending a slot that is either scum or so glaringly anti town?
Mafia would know he's Town tho...

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1105, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

A. Safe pushes

B. Clarifying questions

These are all things I reliably do as scum when I want to coast, and CSF and I just completed a scum game together so the mind-meld makes sense. :wink:

It is how I play town
this is a completely meaningless post

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1105, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

A. Safe pushes

B. Clarifying questions

It is how I play town
In post 1117, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1116, osuka wrote:

mason
of all things

Mafia would know he's Town tho...
Yeah, what’s your point?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by osuka »

Ah my mistake I didn’t mean to quote csf twice there, mobile posting

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:40 pm

In post 1118, osuka wrote:this is a completely meaningless post
I elaborated in more detail in response to Glitch.

Glitch's case boiled down was basically the same as Blair's
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:41 pm

My main point I was trying to convey is that I think it's suspicious that Blair in particular would scumread me based on what she would do as scum

and not what I would do as scum

Not everyone can play scum with the same ability
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Blair »

Mediation isn't inherently scummy (almost nothing is), but it's easy to coast on because you will get town points for doing it 99.5% of the time.

As for your scum meta, I actually thought your early posts were strikingly similar to your posts in our scum game together (and Glitch is not actually wrong that your tone did shift at a certain point) - enough so that I was actually scumreading you when I was skimming the game the first time I tried to sub in for Rozyroz.

I'm interested to hear why you feel you are playing differently here than in our last game together.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:12 pm

In post 1123, Blair wrote:Mediation isn't inherently scummy (almost nothing is), but it's easy to coast on because you will get town points for doing it 99.5% of the time.

As for your scum meta, I actually thought your early posts were strikingly similar to your posts in our scum game together (and Glitch is not actually wrong that your tone did shift at a certain point) - enough so that I was actually scumreading you when I was skimming the game the first time I tried to sub in for Rozyroz.

I'm interested to hear why you feel you are playing differently here than in our last game together.
How many pages where there at the time of the first replace out?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”