~
(Green Crayons,)
Kmd4390,
(Blair)

farside22 (L-8)
~ Auro

Not Voting:
Porkens, CantLynchAPuppy

--With 17 alive, it will take 9 votes to extrajudicially kill a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Wednesday, 1 July 2020.
(7 days left)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:15 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 654, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 641, farside22 wrote:Reread vp long post he stated he switched read to follow blair and get a better read.
I dont see from his unvote and attitude towards blair after the sheeping as trying to figure blair out.
Then all vp said about auro was in the 2 quoted post, which is barely a reason to scum read or vote someone. Just looks like voting the next biggest wagon thats not his.
i don't really agree with this. saying vpb has to do xyz to "try to figure blair out" makes it sound kind of like a homework assignment. i just played vpb and blair in the same game, i think vpb is approaching with a little caution and common sense, he's probably not working out this read with all the steps shown so the teacher can check for mistakes. so to me it looks like town thinking even if it's quiet thinking
VP was the one who said he was doing that in the first place in another game. So if he is doing it here for the same reason what did he gather from his reaction? Did it read like he saw a reaction that looked similar?
Since I'm bad at meta reading players I never played with, tell me why this reads like VP town and what his scum game is like from your prospective.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:24 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 751, farside22 wrote:
In post 654, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 641, farside22 wrote:Reread vp long post he stated he switched read to follow blair and get a better read.
I dont see from his unvote and attitude towards blair after the sheeping as trying to figure blair out.
Then all vp said about auro was in the 2 quoted post, which is barely a reason to scum read or vote someone. Just looks like voting the next biggest wagon thats not his.
i don't really agree with this. saying vpb has to do xyz to "try to figure blair out" makes it sound kind of like a homework assignment. i just played vpb and blair in the same game, i think vpb is approaching with a little caution and common sense, he's probably not working out this read with all the steps shown so the teacher can check for mistakes. so to me it looks like town thinking even if it's quiet thinking
VP was the one who said he was doing that in the first place in another game. So if he is doing it here for the same reason what did he gather from his reaction? Did it read like he saw a reaction that looked similar?
Since I'm bad at meta reading players I never played with, tell me why this reads like VP town and what his scum game is like from your prospective.
his scumgame the one i played in was very "textbook," he just seemed very good at controlling his image and playing just the right amount of "look town" moments. i don't want to write this all off as "meta" because people change, but vpb in this game seems more unrestrained and a little more unfiltered. i think vpb has poked in a few different directions this game (jumping at me/reck, his self-wagon takedown, a little back-and-forth with blair) that i don't think have scum motivation.

on the quoted stuff, i just don't think vpb is failing to "trying to figure blair out".i guess i don't disagree with the questionbut the way you asked it seems to put a spin on it i don't agree with.

@blair:
care to jump in here with your vpb thoughts on this interaction?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:26 am

Post by farside22 »

Just adding to this convo for a moment.
In post 688, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 686, Blair wrote:Is that a defense? I thought he was partnering Blair / ABR
I didn't see this as true at all. I would say Hoopla did more of the push starting here.
Nope. Point is ABR is reacting to me calling out his lack of scumhunting, so he moved into a more aggressive position. Really only mattered his vote was wasted at that time, not who it was on.
In post 287, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 283, Hoopla wrote:@ABR

do you have any thoughts on our two main wagons? seems weird of you to be posting during the formation of this battle and not bother addressing them at all.
I dont even start reading the game until page 25 these days.

Explain to me what's going on and I'll give you my opinion on it.
I'm not sure in what world VP thinks he started pushing ABR. I felt ABR started really reading here and imputing from this point and it didn't become a push on VP till his post about the 2 scum being voted on post.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:27 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

also why is there a UT wagon? blair jumped on because albert said UT was an option. the only time i can find albert talking about UT is calling a vote UT made good. GC is voting UT because of some vague suspicions (see ). actually, vpb is the only poster i've found so far expressing significant doubts about UT, and he's not even on the wagon. i think this wagon looks a little weird and am not sure what to make of it
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:28 am

Post by farside22 »

This was my comment in regards to post 688.
I didn't see this as true at all. I would say Hoopla did more of the push starting here.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:46 am

Post by iamausername »

i have narrowed my pool of acceptable lynches to VP Baltar and Can'tLynchAPuppy.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:46 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 695, xRECKONERx wrote:ive got good money on iaaun flaking
I WILL NEVER DIE
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:53 am

Post by farside22 »

Spoiler:
In post 251, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE: MT
VOTE: iamausername

I just spent a game as scum fighting against Blair's instincts to save my team. No one in that game would really follow her and she screamed into the void for many pages. She ended up copping two of them.

Blatant sheep here. Come at me if you don't like it.
In post 316, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 286, Porkens wrote:

I just spent a game as scum fighting against Blair's instincts to save my team. No one in that game would really follow her and she screamed into the void for many pages. She ended up copping two of them.

Why you leave MT?
Eh, still felt like a bit of a forced interaction on her part, but maybe that's how she actually is.

I decided I'll just stan Blair instead.
Auro wrote:Can I lure you guys into theory talk about how scum have higher cognitive load and don't recognize jokes easily
"Me scum. You no funny"

You mean like that?
Green Crayons wrote:
In post 301, Auro wrote:
In post 95, Green Crayons wrote: Your no lynch suggestion was hella dumb and I would've voted you for it because it was hella dumb, but I don't think it was particularly AI given that it was a early (first?) D1 post.
You were actually going to vote over that?
In post 319, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 318, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 296, Hoopla wrote:
In post 287, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I dont even start reading the game until page 25 these days.

town heroine hoopla dazzled onlookers with a stunning moment of divine intuition, powering the wagon on GC-scum.

in response, shady antihero blair rustled up an uninspired counterwagon on lurking easy-target iamausername. her motivations? god knows.
You didn't explain anything and I still need to be explained gc and iamuser if you want my vote
You're on a wagon with MT. Is that a better explanation?

Another thing that I thought about while I was away was that VP never followed back up with MT and there read he had there. He says he is sheeping blair, says maybe that's just how MT is and then mades a comment to ABR that reads like he still finds MT scummy but I see no follow up or push there any more.
Like what happened to that read and why not follow up with it?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:56 am

Post by Llamarble »

I think we're reaching a point where whoever the scum are, they have a few posts they can point to and say "yeah! That is gonna look pretty town and I did a good thing"
Like IAAU's readlist where he anticipated a lot of peoples' reads so that we all think "he is seeing this game the way I do"
Agar's very good explanations of the BlairBuck affair
Auro's vote movement and a few mini-moments like requesting postgame MD
ABR's control-seeking / arrogance and general signs of caring who gets lynched
Porkens' going there and then 'I don't get why are people townreading me so hard for this'
Starbuck's heart-on-her-sleeve intensity
UT's... well, nothing. I guess that's probably why UT has a wagon. Although I think UT is also the type to rarely drop major towntells and therefore a d1 mislynch risk.
Blair's path re: Auro
CLAP's unapologeticness and mindset
etc.

I need to go through and assign probabilities or such for 'could they fabricate this' for each of the things that has made me go 'eh maybe but I'd rather look someplace else.'
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 758, farside22 wrote:
Spoiler:

Why you leave MT?
Eh, still felt like a bit of a forced interaction on her part, but maybe that's how she actually is.

Auro wrote:Can I lure you guys into theory talk about how scum have higher cognitive load and don't recognize jokes easily
"Me scum. You no funny"

You mean like that?
Green Crayons wrote:
In post 301, Auro wrote:
In post 95, Green Crayons wrote: Your no lynch suggestion was hella dumb and I would've voted you for it because it was hella dumb, but I don't think it was particularly AI given that it was a early (first?) D1 post.
In post 287, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I dont even start reading the game until page 25 these days.

town heroine hoopla dazzled onlookers with a stunning moment of divine intuition, powering the wagon on GC-scum.

in response, shady antihero blair rustled up an uninspired counterwagon on lurking easy-target iamausername. her motivations? god knows.
You didn't explain anything and I still need to be explained gc and iamuser if you want my vote

Another thing that I thought about while I was away was that VP never followed back up with MT and there read he had there. He says he is sheeping blair, says maybe that's just how MT is and then mades a comment to ABR that reads like he still finds MT scummy but I see no follow up or push there any more.
Are you asking me in earnest why I'm not questioning MT over the cuteness thing?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 759, Llamarble wrote:Like IAAU's readlist where he anticipated a lot of peoples' reads so that we all think "he is seeing this game the way I do"
This right here strikes me as among the most easily fakeable.

I really don't get why people are so easily confused by lists=effort, especially on D1.

IAAU is quite insistent on my lynch still it seems and yet, he's never asked me a single question or stated a reason why.
YOUR AD HERE

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:12 am

Post by iamausername »

VP, does it bother you at all that you called me scummy for looking at my wagon and determining you to be the most likely scum on it when that is exactly what you did, right there, in the post where you called me scum for doing that?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:19 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 759, Llamarble wrote:I think we're reaching a point where whoever the scum are, they have a few posts they can point to and say "yeah! That is gonna look pretty town and I did a good thing"
Like IAAU's readlist where he anticipated a lot of peoples' reads so that we all think "he is seeing this game the way I do"
Agar's very good explanations of the BlairBuck affair
Auro's vote movement and a few mini-moments like requesting postgame MD
ABR's control-seeking / arrogance and general signs of caring who gets lynched
Porkens' going there and then 'I don't get why are people townreading me so hard for this'
Starbuck's heart-on-her-sleeve intensity
UT's... well, nothing. I guess that's probably why UT has a wagon. Although I think UT is also the type to rarely drop major towntells and therefore a d1 mislynch risk.
Blair's path re: Auro
CLAP's unapologeticness and mindset
etc.

I need to go through and assign probabilities or such for 'could they fabricate this' for each of the things that has made me go 'eh maybe but I'd rather look someplace else.'
we truly are participating in an extraordinary exhibition of forum mafia. thrilled to be a part of it, really.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 762, iamausername wrote:VP, does it bother you at all that you called me scummy for looking at my wagon and determining you to be the most likely scum on it when that is exactly what you did, right there, in the post where you called me scum for doing that?
It actually did occur to me as a little hypocritical, and I wondered if I was being biased. I do think my wagon had more momentum than yours. I also think your level of actual scumhunting has been much less and you've just been camped on me for awhile as a safe place to have a vote, so I think the circumstances are not the same.

What are your thoughts on Auro?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 756, iamausername wrote:i have narrowed my pool of acceptable lynches to VP Baltar and Can'tLynchAPuppy.
Also, is puppy scum simply by approximation to me or for other reasons?
YOUR AD HERE

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:41 am

Post by iamausername »

puppy is the other player that has done nothing that has struck me as town.

i decided a while back to take a townhunting approach to this game instead of a scumhunting approach because i was struggling to find anything scummy to latch onto. clearly i have false positives, because there are definitely going to be more than two scum in a 17 player game, but i figure on later days my town-sieve will have smaller holes. or i might actually find some scummy behaviour. either way, i am not especially concerned about it right now.

Auro is one of the more likely false positives, i guess. i found Hoopla's explanation for her townread on him in convincing more than anything Auro has done himself.

what made you think that i was suspicious of puppy through association to you?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 766, iamausername wrote:what made you think that i was suspicious of puppy through association to you?
Because puppy is actively opposing my mislynch, and I'm the only person I've seen you really glance toward this game
YOUR AD HERE

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:49 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 760, VP Baltar wrote:
Spoiler:

Why you leave MT?

"Me scum. You no funny"

You mean like that?
Green Crayons wrote:
In post 301, Auro wrote:

Are you asking me in earnest why I'm not questioning MT over the cuteness thing?

Are you saying that is the only reason you scum read MT? Because the last quote to ABR implies you still find MT scummy but aren't pushing a wagon there.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 751, farside22 wrote:VP was the one who said he was doing that in the first place in another game. So if he is doing it here for the same reason what did he gather from his reaction? Did it read like he saw a reaction that looked similar?
I'm not quite following this since the sentence structure is a little confusing, but I think you're asking what my read of Blair's response was to my sheeping her.

She didn't give a lot of response to that directly, but the fact she was critical of me a little later felt Blair town to me. I'd expect her to be a hyper aggressive player as town and to be suspicious of any buddying attempts. Granted, we are talking a sample size of one game, but she's felt genuine to me this game, if a little adrift in terms of direction.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 768, farside22 wrote:
In post 760, VP Baltar wrote:
Spoiler:

Why you leave MT?

"Me scum. You no funny"

You mean like that?
Green Crayons wrote:
In post 301, Auro wrote:

Are you saying that is the only reason you scum read MT? Because the last quote to ABR implies you still find MT scummy but aren't pushing a wagon there.
The post you quoted is literally 8 minutes from the post where I explain to Porkens why I left the MT vote behind (less than 24 hours since I unvoted). I don't quite follow your logic here. You're saying at that point I either should have dropped all concerns about MT or should have been following up aggressively on a forced joke twinge instead of sending a jab ABR's way?
YOUR AD HERE

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

See this is why I don't write motherfucking cases or try to explain my vote.

When I do, it brings the bandwagon to a grinding halt as people's biases and false references cloud their judgment and they hesitate.

When I say, look at the iso and find your own reasons to vote them, they try and try to find a reason, wind up seeing something new if not the exact thing I saw, and then they vote for the player I want.

There are a multitude of tells, and the one I use may not be the one someone else finds, but in the end, it doesn't matter as long as we win.

Vote VP Baltar guys. Let's go. We don't need 80 pages to end day 1.
In post 747, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 707, Albert B. Rampage wrote:1) He's desperately trying to look town and willing to make big posts calling out some people as town and some as scummy (he says I'm NAI in the big post, later says he doesn't like that I am rolefishing Reck). MT says this is town but it seems incredibly pre-planned to me so I think she's the scumbuddy.
none of these points really convince me, but this one seems especially bad, i don't get what's inconsistent about calling you null but also saying he doesn't like one specific thing you're doing
He's trying extremely hard to look town, that's what this is. Harder than you, harder than me, harder than any town ought to try.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

xRECKONERx, AGar, Kmd, and auro are coasting on vanity bandwagons.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:49 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 759, Llamarble wrote:Although I think UT is also the type to rarely drop major towntells and therefore a d1 mislynch risk.
again, you have this tendency to say inaccurate things with the utmost confidence and it makes me question *all* of your assumptions

also two votes isn't a goddamn bandwagon.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

UT, can you tell me how your wallflower read of me is distinctly scummy from several other players in the game?

Also, how engaged do you feel in this game at this point post your larger post?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”