Micro 952 - The Coalition: ItGBSMoD [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by DkKoba »

yoink
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

This game started 2 days ago and there's 700 posts that is impressive to me. Oh boy, I got a lot to get back into. Now time to figure out the best way to do this without draining myself out.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 701, Clover Ebi wrote:This game started 2 days ago and there's 700 posts that is impressive to me. Oh boy, I got a lot to get back into. Now time to figure out the best way to do this without draining myself out.
I have that effect on games...
if you'd like a summary I can give you one tomorrow when I'm off of work.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

or rather... today LOL its 4am where I'm at
retired
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 702, DkKoba wrote:
In post 701, Clover Ebi wrote:This game started 2 days ago and there's 700 posts that is impressive to me. Oh boy, I got a lot to get back into. Now time to figure out the best way to do this without draining myself out.
I have that effect on games...
if you'd like a summary I can give you one tomorrow when I'm off of work.
That'd be nice. I feel the pressure to try and catch up on all the pages I missed because I know if I can just get my feet back into the ground I'll be in that coil because if I can do one thing on this site I guess it's be townread :lol: but uh yeah coming home from a long day of work and seeing all this is pretty draining. I could probably do a few pages for now though.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

I will go make some coffee and give this a good ole college try. I'm used to fast games but that's when deadlines are 2 days not this!
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 324, DkKoba wrote:im actually reading harder into their ISO.. how TF did yall let him get in so far??????????????????
Does anyone know if DK is normally this energetic/aggro as scum? I'm inclined to townread this entrance. It feels pretty genuine to me.
Sleeper on page 15 seems pretty ok to me. The uneasy thought process is one I have all the time yet try to hide and fail to do so.

Idk how anyone has me in a team right now when I should be in zero with how little I've posted.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 423, Deimos27 wrote:Clover's pings me big time.
In post 107, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 103, votato wrote:
In post 100, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 87, votato wrote:we arent gonna discuss day 2 because it could help scum to discuss it now.
How so?
explaining that would help scum. you trying to bait me into explaining it makes me think you're scum.[/quo*te]
blink
...Huh? I am just-huh?! You think talking about day 2 helps scum and because I asked for more detail why I'm scummy for it... am I getting that all right?
I don't read the tonality as genuine
at all
, given how large an overreaction this is. Like without weighing in on the validity of votato's point, I found his argumentation to be perfectly clear, so to respond with supposed indignant confusion comes off as badly faked emotional outcry.
I am not someone who can fake or probably would try to fake such an emotion. Is it really that hard to believe that I just didn't get why talking about day 2 is scummy? I'm curious.
In post 424, Deimos27 wrote:I'm surprised some people have townreads on this slot based off 9 relatively contentless posts.
We agree on this though! :giggle:
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

Up to page 20 and I think this works for me so far
HEAL: Clover
HEAL: Dk
HEAL: Deimos
HEAL: Votato
HEAL: Sleeper
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

Atm I don't really have any stong scumreads but Pooky has been talked about so much I want to lynch him if we don't auto win. That's decent logic right?
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:16 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 540, DonCorleone wrote:But yeah I think (DC, pooky, deimos, votato, clover) is prob winning here
You think Pooky came off good in the DK vs Pooky fight? I'd like to talk to you on that
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:19 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

Okay I skimmed the last few pages causes it uh, wasn't that nice but I feel good on the first 4 in my co. Sleeper could be replaced but yeah.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:38 am

Post by Datisi »

Tuxedo Mask has requested replacement.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:50 am

Post by Datisi »

Vote count 1.17

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-07-07 13:00:00)

coalition
PookyTheMagicalBear [5]:
Deimos27, SleeperSoul, DonCorleone, PookyTheMagicalBear, votato
votato [5]:
votato, PookyTheMagicalBear, DonCorleone, Deimos27, SleeperSoul

DonCorleone [5]:
DonCorleone, SleeperSoul, Clover Ebi, PookyTheMagicalBear, Deimos27

Tuxedo Mask [5]:
Deimos27, DkKoba, DonCorleone, Tuxedo Mask, SleeperSoul

Clover Ebi [5]:
Clover Ebi, DkKoba, Deimos27, votato, SleeperSoul

SleeperSoul [4]:
Deimos27, SleeperSoul, votato, Tuxedo Mask

DkKoba [4]:
Tuxedo Mask, votato, DkKoba, Clover Ebi

Deimos27 [4]:
PookyTheMagicalBear, votato, DonCorleone, SleeperSoul

Alduskkel [4]:
Alduskkel, votato, SleeperSoul, DkKoba

lynch
SleeperSoul (1):
Deimos27

Tuxedo Mask (1):
DonCorleone

PookyTheMagicalBear (1):
Alduskkel

not voting (6):
votato, Clover Ebi, SleeperSoul, PookyTheMagicalBear, Tuxedo Mask, DkKoba

flavourImage

mod notes
  • Replacing Tuxedo Mask.
  • Play nice.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:45 am

Post by DkKoba »

Good morning
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:54 am

Post by DkKoba »

I had a dream that a certain user was mafia
retired
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:22 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

I wrote the post you are reading right now before bed.

Hey guys I'm back to catch up on everything and substantiate my reads. Before I look at everything I just want to say that my 'scum read' on pooky was a reaction test/joke. dKKona, if you're scum I'd say your playstyle is questionable. Okay time to catch up now.
In post 695, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 694, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I throw sheep entrails at the wall and the blood spray pattern will reveal who the bad people are
I knew you were wicked. pooky is scum, guys. gnight

HURT: pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:08 am

Post by DkKoba »

What did you gleam from your reaction tes
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:08 am

Post by DkKoba »

test?*
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:26 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 709, Clover Ebi wrote:Atm I don't really have any stong scumreads but Pooky has been talked about so much I want to lynch him if we don't auto win. That's decent logic right?
People with high post counts are usually town ~~
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:32 am

Post by DkKoba »

retired
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:35 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

I'm working hard. Get your brain ready for a massive post. I hope it's worth it.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:06 am

Post by DkKoba »

I eagerly await your analysis :)
retired
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:16 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

Substantiating my coalition reads from before post 417. Listed from strongest to weakest:

*****Pooky*****:
Spoiler:
In post 21, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:let's win this first day boys

get it done
In post 22, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think we have a 85% chance of winning this game outright if townies act really townie

let's do it

Same plan as me.
In post 24, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:DC pretty susp

a real townie would've said yes
Cute little quips like this remind me of town!Pooky from the lovers game.
In post 29, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think there are 2 high-ev methods to play day 1.

1) we figure out 5 definite townies, throw em in the coalition - win the game.

2) we throw the 5 worst players in the coalition - if they're scum we will kick their asses in the real game cuz they're bad.
The first plan makes perfect sense. I think the second plan is bait for scum to hang themselves with.
In post 36, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 34, votato wrote:we also won't know how many scum are in the coalition yes? So that's a bad plan there pooky.
50% of my mafia play is making bad plans and seeing who figures out they are terrible.

Votato a real G here
Pooky acknowledges his scumbait plan. town points for both votato and pooky.
In post 65, SleeperSoul wrote:Pooky, you ignored my request for a fight, now you're ready for DC's boring plan.... wtf?
In post 66, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm reading you as town why would I fight you
In post 149, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 146, SleeperSoul wrote:I mean, we town read eachother while 'fighting' last game.... So him not wanting to do it this game came off as AI. you think it's NAI?
For it to be a true fight, there must be consequences - life and death -lynch or let live. Without the danger there can be no information gained.

A quick, calm, logical town!rebuttal. I think pooky would have gotten more excited at the opportunity to pocket me by fighting if he was scum.
In post 169, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 168, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:yea you'd be pretty terrible as scum ngl
PREACH! :mrgreen:
This is where I become pretty much locktown on pooky. The next post is Deimos's first long quotey townie post, afterwards pooky responds by showing he's on the same page about me.
In post 172, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:sleeper has to be town

if he was scum he would've told us all about it by now

*****Deimos27*****:
Spoiler:
In post 6, Deimos27 wrote:Anyone wanna form a townblock?
He has the same plan I do.
In post 20, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:deimos my number 1 townread right now

he's so clueless he has to be town
Pooky is 'brutaly honest' in defense of him. The honesty makes pooky and deimos seem town.
In post 55, Deimos27 wrote:DC, how about you play the game like normal.
And you actually case your solve.
And people sheep you only if they agree with you?
This comes accross as very serioustownie to me.
In post 170, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 57, DonCorleone wrote:
In post 55, Deimos27 wrote:DC, how about you play the game like normal.
And you actually case your solve.
And people sheep you only if they agree with you?
I prefer option a) I solve the game and everyone sheeps me and then I get lynched upon BoP if I’m wrong
In post 58, DonCorleone wrote:Whats the matter Deimos, worried?
Worried about trusting the game to one player who I know nothing of? Yes, naturally.
I don't have such blind faith in you, nor lack of self-esteem for myself, that I would readily agree your strategy is higher EV than a cooperative, interactive one, where I still get to rely on my own judgment.
In post 91, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 87, votato wrote:we arent gonna discuss day 2 because
it could help scum
to discuss it now.
If this is actually true, town points for votato
... what?
In post 94, votato wrote:
In post 92, Tuxedo Mask wrote:HEAL: Deimos

HEAL: Alduskkel

HEAL: Tux
thats an interesting list. to me none of those people are obvtown. maybe deimos? but no its too early to say for deimos. actually, deimos is leaning the other way at this early stage.
Pretty significant progression to go from Deimos is maybe obvtown to Deimos is leaning "the other way" (I assume that means scum). Walk me through your thought process there?
In post 107, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 103, votato wrote:
In post 100, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 87, votato wrote:we arent gonna discuss day 2 because it could help scum to discuss it now.
How so?
explaining that would help scum. you trying to bait me into explaining it makes me think you're scum.[/quo*te]
blink
...Huh? I am just-huh?! You think talking about day 2 helps scum and because I asked for more detail why I'm scummy for it... am I getting that all right?
Yes, that's exactly right, and his argument was pretty straightforward so I dislike this seeming indignation.
In post 163, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 160, SleeperSoul wrote:actually if I count myself as town then everyone else has exactly 75% chance of being town. I calculated this yesterday.
Also, according to my calculations, there are 28 possible scum pairs in this game if I count myself as town.
And what value does this latter calculation provide you? What is the value of outing it?
Deimos makes his first superDUPERserioustownie post. At this point I am reading him as town.
In post 173, Deimos27 wrote:This some kind of metaread? I get gutpings from like every one of his posts.
Deimos expresses doubt on pooky's confidence on me, like a good townie should.

*****votato*****:
Spoiler:
In post 19, votato wrote:dc are you scum?
This rubs
me
as town votato, probably 'should be' NAI
In post 34, votato wrote:we also won't know how many scum are in the coalition yes? So that's a bad plan there pooky.
votato recognizes that pooky's scumbait plan is 'bad'.
In post 36, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
50% of my mafia play is making bad plans and seeing who figures out they are terrible.

Votato a real G here
Pooky acknowledges his scumbait plan. town points for both votato and pooky.
In post 43, SleeperSoul wrote:Initial tinfoil-hat solve: pooky and votato are pocketing me. :lol:
In post 44, SleeperSoul wrote:votato pocketed me in the lovers game
In post 45, votato wrote:Sleeper you're doing pretty well for your first scum game
Sounds like town!votato wary of me pocketing him.
In post 81, votato wrote:
In post 80, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 79, votato wrote:have you already sorted me pooky? or do i need to do more?
Is this real? As in do you think pooky should be able to have a read on you already?
yes.
I agree with votato. I dunno about 'should be able to', but it certainly seems plausible.
In post 82, votato wrote:i have already sorted pooky with 90% accuracy.
I buy this.
In post 87, votato wrote:
In post 84, Clover Ebi wrote:Also a question I was thinking about pregame and would like some opinions on: Say we fail this day one. Is it best to lynch inside the Coli day 1 or go outside it to see if-you know what the more I type out this post the more stupid I feel nevermind :lol:
pedit: I can't tell if this is a joke :(
we arent gonna discuss day 2 because it could help scum to discuss it now.
its serious.
I agree with votato here.
In post 94, votato wrote:
In post 92, Tuxedo Mask wrote:HEAL: Deimos

HEAL: Alduskkel

HEAL: Tux
thats an interesting list. to me none of those people are obvtown. maybe deimos? but no its too early to say for deimos. actually, deimos is leaning the other way at this early stage.
Seems townie to me. Logical post from concerned a townie.
In post 106, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 103, votato wrote:you trying to bait me into explaining it makes me think you're scum.

Sounds like something I would say.
Something I'd say as town.
In post 110, votato wrote:yes. talking about scum's optimal strategy only helps scum at this stage. insisting that we discuss scum's optimal strategy and in fact trying to goad me into explaining what i think that strategy is, is scummy.
Another logical concernedtownie post.

*****DonCorleone*****:
Spoiler:
In post 30, DonCorleone wrote:Have you read any of the previous editions of coalition?
In post 32, DonCorleone wrote:There’s 4 and the only one town lost was the one where the coalition failed

This is a good, townie question and followup.
In post 37, DonCorleone wrote:How about this: I read the game instead of playing, once I get to 4 townreads we make them + me the coalition and if I’m wrong you lynch me?
I did say the plan was 'boring' but if DC really is good at sitting back and reading like it seems he is, then this is a townie plan similar to mine, except my plan was to talk a lot more.
In post 214, DonCorleone wrote:Okay.

Sleeper is town.
Clover is town.
Pooky is lightly town.
Votato is lightly town.

Aldus is null.
Bugspray is null.

Deimos is lightly scum.

Tux may be scum.
At the time I liked this list because I'm on the top, of course :mrgreen:. I'm reading deimos as town at this point but it only recently 'flipped' so I can understand DC's scum lean on deimos. Overall, this post is a major factor in my town lean on DC. The only thing I'm not sure about is the clover read. I had a null read on clover at the time. But as I am looking to substantiate my coalition reads, I haven't really seen anything scummy from clover jumping out at me so far. Also I haven't really been looking at clover, I intend to do so after this long post is completed.

ME:
Spoiler:

Okay, that's my reads substantiated, now I will finish catching up on everyhing.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:17 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 719, DkKoba wrote:People with high post counts are usually town ~~
this is true but most of your posts are just spamming and avoiding actual discussion by hitting your target with tons of questions and then flooding the thread with one liners or 1 word posts that have no game-relevance.

when you analyze post count by content versus nonsense it's pretty clear you're just trying to confuse/snow the town by flooding this thread with garbage posts.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”