Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1095, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1088, Porkens wrote:Also you can come back to that tomorrow after auro is dead and say “ aw shucks I guess we should have lynched VP after all”
We are not allowing that lol and there's no way scum!ABR thinks he can get away with such a simple plan
Blair wrote:I also thought your strategy of running up one of the hardest to lynch players today was a pretty good idea - so here we are!
so you're venturing down new horizons with Pork to sort ABR? Do you think ABR stands a similar chance flipping red as Auro?
Considering I actively hated the Auro wagon, yeah, at least equal chances.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1099, Morning Tweet wrote:You think Pork is scum trying to save his buddy? I doubt that, Pork has been consistently obvtown
I think obvtown is a bit of a stretch.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 920, VP Baltar wrote:Also, if I'm reading your list right (and c'mon man, I'm Meeple status? You can't give me even like a goblin or something?), you have Crayons and Puppy as your other potential scum? Why is that?
Porkens, can you answer this?
In post 946, Auro wrote:I'd be happy with CLAP - none of his posts seem to have left any impression on me whatsoever, although that avatar is cute.... :thinking:
Set ironic posting to 1000
In post 961, Green Crayons wrote:I haven't done the VC or gone back specifically to tally up who has suspected Auro, so this is just ~*~feelings~*~, but it seems that Auro has been this thread's punching bag. That just about everyone has gotten it out of their system about how suspicious he is. And yet he hasn't been a major focus of votes.

I think that points to Auro scum. Maybe that's unfair because this is really something that's outside of Auro's direct control, but just something that's been kicking around in my brain this AM.
Hard agree on this. It makes no sense that someone getting tons of flak for actual reasons is getting few votes, while I'm just reeling in DEM VOTES for ???????

@kmd - your post 966 about the interaction between Hoopla & Puppy feels either like super forced analysis or you are just in way too deep. Definitely doesn't read like you describe to me.
In post 968, Albert B. Rampage wrote:What is your read on Hoopla guys?
I've found her posts pretty protown. I'll admit Im biased because I just like her posting style. She's not a slot I've been particularly concerned with having a hard solve on day I because I think I'll get a better sense of her alignment as the game goes on.
In post 988, Untrod Tripod wrote:short, declarative sentences. they're your friend.
co-fucking-signed
In post 998, CantHateAPuppy wrote:hoo boy, this is going to be a hot take because no one asked for it and im not going to really explain it beyond "gut feeling"

but im thinking 2/4 scum in this group: [ llamarble, farside22, reck, kmd ]

thought goes like this: day reads to me like lots of town infighting, main wagons town (vpb, auro), some of the bigger drivers (blair, abr, gc) don't feel like scum drivers. so im kind of looking for players who are skirting around the main wagons and main discussions and that's what i feel at least. (actually llamarble is 3rd most active player which surprised me because i don't remember much of what he has said / done all game, this is probably the first iso ill do when i get around to that stage)
Doesn't feel like a hot take to me at all. I think it seems like a reasonable concept. not sure I 100% agree with the people in the list, but worth a closer look.
In post 1006, Morning Tweet wrote:ABR switching to Auro then not switching back to VP who he vehemently wanted at L-1 and claim is kinda eh
are you saying this is a scummy action from ABR?
In post 1013, Starbuck wrote:You're not. I had an all-day work thing on Weds and yesterday I found out that my Great-Grandfather (who walked out on our whole family in like the '50s) passed away back in February and my Great Aunt knew but never told my Grandmother (her sister) because they haven't spoken in like 10 years although they still live like 15 min away from each other. I had to call my Grandmother in Connecticut, while I'm in Florida, to tell her that her father died six months ago and her sister couldn't have been arsed to tell her. So it's been a weird few days.
Blah, I'm sorry. That sounds super stressful.
In post 1014, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1012, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1010, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1006, Morning Tweet wrote:ABR switching to Auro then not switching back to VP who he vehemently wanted at L-1 and claim is kinda eh

He scumreads Auro for not joining the VP wagon because ABR told him to? i could have predicted that reaction from Auro regardless of alignment. saying "Vote someone or I will vote you" is practically begging Auro to not do it and i wouldve thought ABR would know that
You just plagiarized Blair.
FOS: MT

In post 934, Blair wrote:I'm saying that by making the threat in the first place, you guaranteed you would be moving your vote in five minutes ("If you don't vote for who I tell you to in five minutes, I'm voting for you!" will make the other person dig their heels in 100% of the time and you knew this).
darn. It's not exactly rocket science though
you know what actually, whatever. i read through the past whatever amount of pages the best i could on my phone. Usually i wait till im on my PC to check everything more closely and be more organized and try not to be redundant, but this time i just posted what i was thinking as i thought it. at least i said something when i felt like not doing anything
This feels overly defensive to me.
In post 1054, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I find auro scummier than VPB.
This is truly news to me.

further:
In post 1054, Albert B. Rampage wrote:There's something ethereal about Auro whereas VPB puts on a more grounded defense.
Didn't you say some shit about me being too rational or some nonsense? I really don't understand the play here and it is confusing the hell out of me.
In post 1072, Porkens wrote:Green Crayons is scum.
See above. I would love for an explanation on this.
In post 1082, iamausername wrote:still here, still prefer VPB but it's not like i'm super sold on Auro as town (or on VPB as scum for that matter) and i mostly just want this day to be over with.

my reads look like this now.

confident townreads:
1) AGar
6) farside22
8) Hoopla
13) Porkens
14) Starbuck

less confident townreads:
2) Albert B. Rampage
3) Auro
7) Green Crayons
10) Kmd4390
11) Llamarble
12) Morning Tweet
15) Untrod Tripod
17) xRECKONERx

null reads:
4) Blair
5) CantLynchAPuppy
16) VP Baltar
Are you caught up in this game? Has no one in this game done something to actually deserve your vote?
In post 1089, Morning Tweet wrote:Pork, are you alright mate? I'm 99% sure you are town but ABR acting irrationally =/= ABR conf scum, so your anger is.. misplaced

UNVOTE:

you know, I can probably defend some of Auro's criticisms, i'm sure some is NAI. but probably not all of them. I don't explicitly townread either of the competing wagonees. I can't find the motivation right now to review Auro's big ass ISO or look back for the most compelling reasons. I do know that he's been the most polarizing character of today so in theory we'll learn the most from flipping/not flipping him
you're unvoting me why? Also, why are you saying you need to go to his ISO and dig up reasons to defend him? I mean, like I would do that maybe for someone I was strong town reading, but no someone I "don't explicitly townread"

(apologies for the wall post. :( )
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I never thought I'd live to see the day.

I wish I had a second vote to force this Auro claim.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1101, Blair wrote:
In post 1095, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1088, Porkens wrote:Also you can come back to that tomorrow after auro is dead and say “ aw shucks I guess we should have lynched VP after all”
We are not allowing that lol and there's no way scum!ABR thinks he can get away with such a simple plan
Blair wrote:I also thought your strategy of running up one of the hardest to lynch players today was a pretty good idea - so here we are!
so you're venturing down new horizons with Pork to sort ABR? Do you think ABR stands a similar chance flipping red as Auro?
Considering I actively hated the Auro wagon, yeah, at least equal chances.
Oh. I got the impression you townread him early but have since been undecided, you did L-1 him after all. I was considering possibly joining the ABR endeavour although I do want Auro to claim first
In post 935, Blair wrote:
In post 933, Llamarble wrote:I'm fairly convinced that if we pick not Baltar / Auro it should be one of MT UT IAAU CLAP in approximately that order of preference.

Blair what do you think of MT?
I had a gut townread on MT for and nothing has really prompted me to reexamine it. (Context: I said I never roll scum, MT *takes the time to check my past games to fact check this*)

Talk to me about why MT should be in the lynch pool.
by thee wayyy i noticed this. I didn't check your games in response to that joke. if i hadn't seen that game, i would've figured you were joking about never being scum, i wouldn't have needed to check that lul. I just read some of noughts and crosses prior to this game cause i thought the setup was interesting and i distinctly remember being surprised you were scum
Starbuck wrote:
In post 1099, Morning Tweet wrote:You think Pork is scum trying to save his buddy? I doubt that, Pork has been consistently obvtown
I think obvtown is a bit of a stretch.
Maybe in isolation that's an exaggeration. my entire read of Pork as a whole is pretty close to obvtown though

i was gonna do an summary of all my townreads but i got burnt out almost instantly after 1 person. guess who!

Spoiler: pork
Revelation stuff.
Like 273 -- acknowledging he has almost no reads. Good reaction to his towncred from his revelation in , if he is scum he has completely fooled me there. I’m actually a NE rogue in dnd usually, but in mafia i would have to agree with bard. His comment on ABR v. VP at the bottom of 895 is similar to how i approached it. His recent hyper suspicion of ABR i almost feel HOWEVER i can see ABR not voting in ways that make sense as town due to his personality. It was bullshit but im not sure it was necessarily super scum indicative bullshit like pork sees it

+(i think pork's recent over the top behaviour is genuine)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1103, VP Baltar wrote:
are you saying this is a scummy action from ABR?
In post 1014, Morning Tweet wrote:you know what actually, whatever. i read through the past whatever amount of pages the best i could on my phone. Usually i wait till im on my PC to check everything more closely and be more organized and try not to be redundant, but this time i just posted what i was thinking as i thought it. at least i said something when i felt like not doing anything
This feels overly defensive to me.
In post 1089, Morning Tweet wrote:Pork, are you alright mate? I'm 99% sure you are town but ABR acting irrationally =/= ABR conf scum, so your anger is.. misplaced

UNVOTE:

you know, I can probably defend some of Auro's criticisms, i'm sure some is NAI. but probably not all of them. I don't explicitly townread either of the competing wagonees. I can't find the motivation right now to review Auro's big ass ISO or look back for the most compelling reasons. I do know that he's been the most polarizing character of today so in theory we'll learn the most from flipping/not flipping him
you're unvoting me why? Also, why are you saying you need to go to his ISO and dig up reasons to defend him? I mean, like I would do that maybe for someone I was strong town reading, but no someone I "don't explicitly townread"
I think i wrote a bunch of words like scummy, questionable, and the likes but i ended up with eh because i couldn't decide what i thought of it other than it was weird. I know ABR does irrational things-- he could have town reasons beyond my understanding for switching it to Auro, or potentially be doing it for scummy reasons like i speculated in 1099. I had a stronger negative reaction to it when i started making the post than i did while i was finishing it but i posted it
anyway

Yeah it was. I meant it more as a whatever to myself feeling disappointed more than to ABR. i was just annoyed i finally felt like trying to say something and then of course it's redundant and ABR is getting on me for it

That's not what i mean. I probably should have said "I
could
defend some of his criticisms". I mean that there are parts of his criticisms (overly high post count, spends too much time debating mechanics) that i could prove are NAI, but other parts (basically the vote pattern with VP/farside) that I wouldn't

Oh i unvoted you cause idk i was actually trying to get a better grasp on the Auro case, I guess. I could have left it on there but your summary was so nice and i don't have a preference between the wagons. I actually could be leaning towards Auro now cause the reasoning for your wagon (other than you're in my PoE) is pretty stale now in comparison to the Auro case, at least in my head
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Porkens »

Go I’ll try later. Right now I’m kinda burned out on explaining things.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Auro »

Vt
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1054, Albert B. Rampage wrote:There's something ethereal about Auro
:D
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1108, Auro wrote:Vt
now, just to clarify; is this a fakeclaim or is it your real role?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Auro »

Vanilla Town.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

yes, but are you lying or telling the truth?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Auro »

Telling the truth o.O
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Hoopla »

mmm he's good...

he's good...
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Auro »

:?:
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 964, Auro wrote:
In post 961, Green Crayons wrote:That just about everyone has gotten it out of their system about how suspicious he is. And yet he hasn't been a major focus of votes.
I think that's good analysis, but - can you now find the set of people
expressing suspicion on me, yet not voting me
?
If someone said they're OK voting either of me or Baltar, and voted him, would your analysis count?
While wagon analysis on me may be moot, this^ would still be of value.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1037, Hoopla wrote:I apologise to the good people of the town for my pattern of devious behaviour
I'll be :sadface: if I'm executed and you guys just shrug me off as "of course, he was bad town" :P
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Hoopla »

when i used to collect data for mini normals, D1 VT claims occurred at about a 8:1 ratio of town:scum - scum rarely claim VT when towns will just hammer them blindly, and will generally opt for a PR fakeclaim on D1. in the past, i've been able to clear certain players based on this tell, essentially outWIFOM'ing the situation and assuming it's highly likely to be true. this play is more worth considering when you're sure the player (and playerlist in general) aren't thinking on this level.

in a game with high calibre players willing to challenge orthodoxy (including players like auro), i'm not able to give as much credit to a VT claim, despite it probably being more likely town than not.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Hoopla »

@Vi - do scum have daytalk?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1082, iamausername wrote:still here, still prefer VPB but it's not like i'm super sold on Auro as town (or on VPB as scum for that matter) and i mostly just want this day to be over with.

my reads look like this now.

confident townreads:
1) AGar
6) farside22
8) Hoopla
13) Porkens
14) Starbuck

less confident townreads:
2) Albert B. Rampage
3) Auro
7) Green Crayons
10) Kmd4390
11) Llamarble
12) Morning Tweet
15) Untrod Tripod
17) xRECKONERx

null reads:
4) Blair
5) CantLynchAPuppy
16) VP Baltar
Are the bunches ordered in any particular manner or just "here's a clump by # from the OP"?
In post 1094, Porkens wrote:
In post 1091, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
That's the same thing Auro said. You won't find me lining up lynches in my iso so your accusations are baseless. I think Auro flips scum and this is a last-ditch attempt to save him.
You are calling me scum?
Not lining up lunches? You already bragged about building wagons from scratch and you pumped up both of these, lining up lynched is exclusively what you are doing.
Look, I really hate ABR's playstyle (and forgot this before I eagerly pre-/ined for this game) but this is just not even close to factual.
In post 1099, Morning Tweet wrote:Pork has been consistently obvtown
On what basis - consistently wrong/uninformed setup spec and mod WIFOM?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1077, Starbuck wrote:I think meta can be useful in certain cases. Here, I think you're using it as a distraction to the current game and spending way more time focusing on meta this and meta that, than what's actually happening in our game state. I
Starbuck, you're not arguing the validity of what I'm doing, but that I'm overusing it. Your evaluation is incorrect; this is the only case where I'm involving "meta". If I just rephrase that to "farside is being disingenuous and I can feel it" how would you feel about it?
Do you agree that scum players can act pro-town - yes/no?
If yes, then it might be impossible to nail them down on a concrete case - yes/no?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1121, Auro wrote:
In post 1077, Starbuck wrote:I think meta can be useful in certain cases. Here, I think you're using it as a distraction to the current game and spending way more time focusing on meta this and meta that, than what's actually happening in our game state. I
Starbuck, you're not arguing the validity of what I'm doing, but that I'm overusing it. Your evaluation is incorrect; this is the only case where I'm involving "meta". If I just rephrase that to "farside is being disingenuous and I can feel it" how would you feel about it?
Do you agree that scum players can act pro-town - yes/no?
If yes, then it might be impossible to nail them down on a concrete case - yes/no?
"It's not scummy that my case is bad because scum can act liek town!"
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Auro »

As a side: if the last ditch ABR wagon attempt had scum involvement in it, that's brilliant play. :D
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Do I really have to answer that? I'm not going down the rabbit hole with you, Auro.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”