Tommy Two Times
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Townie

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Tommy Two Times »

Drew, I still don't get why you found that post of mine scummy and how it was the turning point of your paranoia. If I'm scum, my aim there is to convince you to self-vote and sell you on Auro/Morning scum. Not tell you NOT to self-vote if you're town, and instead voice my suspicion of you and potentially alienate you.

Explain why that 1 (one) post changed your mind.
Hectic
Tommy Two Times
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Townie

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:15 am

In post 593, Auro wrote:
In post 591, superbowl9 wrote:but it does show me that if you're town you've not been doing a good job.
I've been doing a great job, because I correctly caught you and Isis :P
Why aren't you trying to convince me to self--vote or sell me on your case if you think it's them?
Hectic
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

On phone, will explain later when on computer Tommy.

I will say, my last post was formatted a bit weirdly lol.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

But I will state......again.......that wasn't the turning point. I had been feeling less and less paranoid and that post was the moment that made me feel good that I wasn't in the scum hood.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 594, Adorable wrote:I saw it so weird how you get in an argument with superbowl
Lol there was no 40 page argument
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 596, Auro wrote:
In post 594, Adorable wrote:I saw it so weird how you get in an argument with superbowl, asking pointless questions and now all of a sudden you are town reading each other out of the blue.
that was probably at least supposed to be a gambit, I think - we still haven't gotten an accurate picture of what really went on in their hood, right?
Apparently it was a gambit, I thought we were just trolling the whole time :shifty:

If there's anything else you want to know about what's happened in our hood, please ask! But like I said we haven't conversed that much in there, it's mostly just us throwing ideas about reads/gamestate off each other
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Drew you are quite slippery with very direct questions (which is ironic as you seemed annoyed when Isis did exactly that to you :))

I asked you quite simply:
when and why did your paranoia go from self-hammering to a 100% townread on your hood.

If you believe that there was no one specific moment - that's okay. You can't tell me the time frame - start/end/key moments? You still have not answered the why part of this question. You just keep saying I'm misrepping or don't worry about the timing. This should not be a hard question to answer if this paranoia was the defining feature of your play Day 1.

Also, you ignored my . Still heartbroken ToT
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 232, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 229, Doctor Drew wrote:I have never seen you as scum(correct me if I am wrong about that tbf).

Your post just seem a bit different, like more aggressive, then I have seen from you before.
It is a gut thing, me and Turkey go way back.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

No i meant your pt pals
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 608, superbowl9 wrote:No i meant your pt pals
Oh misread that, I initially scum read them because they seemed to just immediately trust one another and I didn't fully get what there plan was in regards to their 'gambit'. As I thought about it, and I had threatened multiple times early on to self hammer to which Auro was perfectly ok with, and backed off wanting to self hammer because it still was a bit early and I couldn't see scum being perfectly fine with me doing it(I even said at least once that I was prepared to do it right then). Had a little back and forth with Auro(some paranoia was still there, but started to think my issues I was having with him were posting style. I was coming around on them as town so I wanted to focus more on the other hoods, and specifically the player I have the most experience with, Turkey. I mentioned how he seemed off and wanted to put some pressure on him to give me a better read one way or another, Morning even agreed to help. Felt pretty good about Turkey as town(and already felt pretty good as Adorable as town as well)..........then Turkey self hammers.

So then with me feeling mainly good with my hood as all town, D2 starts. Now, I had another game just end that angered the hell out of me(specifically one player), I even posted in the hood how I was ready to crack skulls in this game, that's when my little interaction with Tommy happened. I had said that no one was coercing me to not self vote, Auro especially was fine with it, but Tommy's response wsas like he didn't even read what I said and tried to act like I was being manipulated by my hood mates. I didn't see any town motivation there, and coupled with my trusting of my hood mates even more I posted in the hood that my paranoia of them was all but gone. This has been solidified by Isis saying I am doing scummy things but not actually explaining, even when directly asked, what said scummy things are.

I guess I could have elaborated earlier lol.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Isis »

Your progression from 119 to having two hard townreads and two hard scumreads has never been particularly plausible
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 599, Tommy Two Times wrote:I've always wanted to be in a 3v3 before. Disappointed there hasn't been any AtE or threats to replace out though. Pick up the pace,, people.
What a weird basis for a 3v3! I've threatened my partners with lots of tears in the event they're deceiving me, does that qualify as AtE?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 609, Doctor Drew wrote:
Oh misread that, I initially scum read them because they seemed to just immediately trust one another and I didn't fully get what there plan was in regards to their 'gambit'. As I thought about it, and I had threatened multiple times early on to self hammer to which Auro was perfectly ok with, and backed off wanting to self hammer because it still was a bit early and I couldn't see scum being perfectly fine with me doing it(I even said at least once that I was prepared to do it right then). Had a little back and forth with Auro(some paranoia was still there, but started to think my issues I was having with him were posting style. I was coming around on them as town so I wanted to focus more on the other hoods, and specifically the player I have the most experience with, Turkey. I mentioned how he seemed off and wanted to put some pressure on him to give me a better read one way or another, Morning even agreed to help. Felt pretty good about Turkey as town(and already felt pretty good as Adorable as town as well)..........then Turkey self hammers.

So then with me feeling mainly good with my hood as all town, D2 starts. Now, I had another game just end that angered the hell out of me(specifically one player), I even posted in the hood how I was ready to crack skulls in this game, that's when my little interaction with Tommy happened. I had said that no one was coercing me to not self vote, Auro especially was fine with it, but Tommy's response wsas like he didn't even read what I said and tried to act like I was being manipulated by my hood mates. I didn't see any town motivation there, and coupled with my trusting of my hood mates even more I posted in the hood that my paranoia of them was all but gone. This has been solidified by Isis saying I am doing scummy things but not actually explaining, even when directly asked, what said scummy things are.

I thought Drew's early paranoia of us was irrational. Auro and I were 100% solid on us being the first death, and Drew did not pretend like he was ever trusting of us. Auro and I stopped bothering trying to convince Drew we were town. If Drew is town, it makes sense that he can't really expect us two to be scum at this point. We called that it was Isis' hood really early and even through further evaluation of gobbles' hood that still stood. All that was missing was Drew self voting

I swear i would've self voted had we gotten near the end of the deadline and Drew was suddenly like "Nah I trust you guys now". AND EVEN THEN it makes sense that town!Drew would trust us after threatening to kill us for so long. But I still would've self voted because I felt pretty sure we were gonna win after forcing Isis' hood to stump
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 610, Isis wrote:Your progression from 119 to having two hard townreads and two hard scumreads has never been particularly plausible
I was scum reading just about everyone not named Drew at that point, you act you have never seen me play a game of mafia. Drew's brain works in mysterious ways, you should know that.

Also, you definitely have impeccable timing to come prove my point about you.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Auro »

Note that that's not all - if we were scum we'd have lower chances of winning if we got Isis hood to self vote, as Isis has been scumreading me pretty hard. We'd have to fake some progression on Gob hood too at some point. Voting Isis hood while calling Gob obvtown seems like a weird self-cornering.

In this sense it's also useful to go back and check if Isis hood ever really townread Gobbles'
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Isis »

I was never townreading gobblehood, but I hope gobblehood appreciates how the theatrical nature of your "townread" on that hood should detract from it, all the way into the negatives.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 613, Doctor Drew wrote:mysterious
In post 613, Doctor Drew wrote:you should know that
l.o.l
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Isis »

for those keeping score, when I am 0/2 reading someone and they say this, that should ring alarm bells
"Well, I..."
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 617, Isis wrote:for those keeping score, when I am 0/2 reading someone and they say this, that should ring alarm bells
This is the weirdest stretch of a meta tell I have ever seen.
Tommy Two Times
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Townie

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:02 am

In post 609, Doctor Drew wrote:but Tommy's response wsas like he didn't even read what I said and tried to act like I was being manipulated by my hood mates.
Again, I don't get this. How was I trying to act like you were being manipulated? I said the reverse, I thought it was
unlikely
Auro+Morning+Auro were scum gambiting.
Hectic
Tommy Two Times
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Townie

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:03 am

In post 611, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 599, Tommy Two Times wrote:I've always wanted to be in a 3v3 before. Disappointed there hasn't been any AtE or threats to replace out though. Pick up the pace,, people.
What a weird basis for a 3v3v3v3! I've threatened my partners with lots of tears in the event they're deceiving me, does that qualify as AtE?
Depends, what kind of emoticons have you pulled out?
Hectic
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 620, Tommy Two Times wrote:
In post 611, Morning Tweet wrote:[What a weird basis for a 3v3v3v3! I've threatened my partners with lots of tears in the event they're deceiving me, does that qualify as AtE?
Depends, what kind of emoticons have you pulled out?
they're all nervous in nature so far. (⋟﹏⋞) and (人>ω<) are some highlights

but i am not afraid to throw out some crying ones if I have to!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Auro »

@Gob hood: guys start voting, pls.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:52 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 609, Doctor Drew wrote:

TY! This is starting to make sense to me now. FMPOV though, I am quite paranoid of yall trusting each other this much as well. I think you would understand that - what is the % chance that you think your hood is scum?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 622, Auro wrote:@Gob hood: guys start voting, pls.
Ya, I think everyone has said there piece and things are starting to get stale. Let's jazz up this place with some excitement!

Return to “Completed Open Games”