Micro 952 - The Coalition: ItGBSMoD [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Datisi »

Vote count 1.25

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-07-07 13:00:00)

coalition
PookyTheMagicalBear [5]:
Deimos27, SleeperSoul, DonCorleone, PookyTheMagicalBear, Klick

Alduskkel [5]:
Alduskkel, Klick, SleeperSoul, DkKoba, Deimos27

DkKoba [4]:
DkKoba, PookyTheMagicalBear, Klick, SleeperSoul

Deimos27 [4]:
Deimos27, Klick, Wug, SleeperSoul

Klick [4]:
Klick, SleeperSoul, Clover Ebi, DonCorleone

SleeperSoul [3]:
Deimos27, SleeperSoul, Klick

Wug [3]:
Wug, Deimos27, Klick

DonCorleone [0]:

Clover Ebi [0]:

lynch
SleeperSoul (1):
Deimos27

Wug (1):
DonCorleone

PookyTheMagicalBear (1):
Alduskkel

not voting (6):
Klick, Clover Ebi, SleeperSoul, PookyTheMagicalBear, Wug, DkKoba

flavourImage

mod notes
  • Play nice.
Last edited by Datisi on Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1000, Datisi wrote:#1000
Well done :]

Be back later
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 965, Alduskkel wrote:What issue is that?
Well, I always like to look at games where everyone is town to start and then go from there. But, doing that in this game has made things a lot more complex for myself than needed due to I don't really have a lot of reasons to scumread people. More so a confidence level than anything else.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

I still feel fine about Sleeper on a re read. I was trying to see if I was perhaps biased because I liked their tone, but I still wouldn't mind them going into a co. I'll try to find 1 or 2 other people for you guys. My main question is do you think Deimos read on me came from a place of good faith? Cause I liked it.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Klick »

Yo Clover. I think you're town and I'd like you in my coalition, and I feel like I can convince enough people to be fine with it. Is that okay with you? :P
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:13 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

Uh, UHHHHH. You know I never thought I would be debating this. I mean, sure I guess? If you really want. That just requires me to be decent if it all goes south right? :lol:
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:19 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

This game is a LOOONG read and I took breaks to sort my thoughts along the way.
In post 501, DkKoba wrote:
In post 499, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 496, DkKoba wrote:Your assumption is that I am scum because i oppose the current leading coalition hard. Assuming automatically i am scum without any analysis. I already explain i dont feel comfortable with multiple slots on the Coalition. If you feel so confident about it then you should have a good argment for it instead of this circular logic.
that's not what I said
ok then explain it simply. Because that is what I interpreted from your main point about me being scum to you.
In post 503, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 501, DkKoba wrote:ok then explain it simply. Because that is what I interpreted from your main point about me being scum to you.
I did explain it, you should read my posts
There were a lot more posts from pooky that pinged me as scummy as I was rereading, but I think these are some of the most illustrative. I don't believe pooky actually explained it that well, I don't buy that town!pooky can't see koba's points on their approach to the game. I think pooky is too smart for that even though he's very good at playing dumb.
In post 494, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you called my case full of holes like swiss cheese and you already exposed a gaping one. I'm still waiting for it.

Acknowledging here that his case has "one gaping hole" in it, but then ignoring it? That seems scummy. "You said 'swiss cheese', therefor you must give me multiple holes, one GAPING one is not enough"
In post 499, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 496, DkKoba wrote:Your assumption is that I am scum because i oppose the current leading coalition hard. Assuming automatically i am scum without any analysis. I already explain i dont feel comfortable with multiple slots on the Coalition. If you feel so confident about it then you should have a good argment for it instead of this circular logic.
that's not what I said
Okay if it's not what you said, then make corrections instead of just stating this. It sure seems like that's what you said. Because it sounds like that's what you said here.
In post 334, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
I'd put Koba at 50% scum

he's either trying desperately to fight his way onto the coalition because he knows we are about to win easily.

or

he's a misguided townie who wants to make a splash but fell flat on his face
Shortly after this ^^^ he posts the following:
In post 508, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:You don't want to have an honest discussion, you are scum trying to obfuscate by spamming a crapload of random things and making me re-state myself over and over so that anyone reading this thread loses focus and doesn't even know what we're talking about at the end of this if they even read to the end of this.

as this is a total waste of time I will no longer be engaging with your spot in the game. I consider you scum, I will not vote for you to be on my coalition. If you somehow seize control and get yourself coalition'ed and we get to the lynch phase my vote will automatically be on you.

Good day

Pooky seems too adamant that koba is scum without backing it up all that much (koba's behaviour can be explained by being stubborn town IMO, pooky should see this?), and he's unwilling to adequately defend his coalition. Seems scummy to me.
In post 990, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 975, Klick wrote:Aldus summaries my thoughts on the argument better than I could
-cut-

But instead of answering my case - he obfuscates by angrily spamming the thread with question after question on my behavior instead - this is a very typical whataboutism/1000 question defense.

-cut-

Now if you guys believe that behavior is protown- then by all means put kona in your coalition and leave me out - it's fine. Just a game and I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you all that something obviously scummy is scummy.
Why aren't you willing to consider that koba's anti-town play could be coming from a townie? Isn't that how people are saying their previous games went?

In post 993, DkKoba wrote:I'm honestly not even bothered to interact with pooky anymore because they ARE tunneling and I already sorted their slot so there's 0 point in it since i have nothing to gain but wasted words :lol: they can think I'm scum all they want because in case they haven't noticed the conversation has moved on and I've already said my piece.

I'd rather have Pooky in the coalition over anyone but you klick as your slot and pooky's slots are the only 2 i'm sure of (yours because of votato :lol: )

koba I don't understand how you can be sure that pooky is town because to me, based on what I posted above, he seems scummy.

HURT: all

HEAL: SleeperSoul
HEAL: Deimos
HEAL: Klick
HEAL: koba

as far as I can tell I'm just adding koba to my previous coalition but I cleared it first to make sure.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:58 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 993, DkKoba wrote:they can think I'm scum all they want because in case they haven't noticed the conversation has moved on and I've already said my piece.
I thought we were already past all this but people keep bringing this shit up - I am just responding to posts on this page
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Klick »

We agree on Pooky, Sleeper.
I'm rather hesitant to add Deimos. I'd need to be persuaded there (by you or anyone else). DK seems to resist that read as well.

At the very least, we seem to have a tentative core of {Klick, SleeperSoul, DkKoba}, and that's good.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:00 am

In post 1006, SleeperSoul wrote:Why aren't you willing to consider that koba's anti-town play could be coming from a townie? Isn't that how people are saying their previous games went?
If Koba is a townie then the original coalition has someone in it that's scum and I haven't figured out who it is despite reading this game over and over again - if you can make a reasonable case that someone on the original coalition that Koba blasted is scum, then I'd be happy to take a look at that.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:02 am

Like let's say your core group is Klick - Koba - Sleeper.

That means there's a scum in Deimos - DonC - Pooky (leftover from the original coalition)

Now I've re-read DonC and Deimos multiple times and they both feel very town to me ~> if you can point out something I'm missing I'm all ears.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:05 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

In post 1009, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1006, SleeperSoul wrote:Why aren't you willing to consider that koba's anti-town play could be coming from a townie? Isn't that how people are saying their previous games went?
If Koba is a townie then the original coalition has someone in it that's scum and I haven't figured out who it is despite reading this game over and over again - if you can make a reasonable case that someone on the original coalition that Koba blasted is scum, then I'd be happy to take a look at that.
My case is that you are the scum in the original co
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:12 am

Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Klick »

Why does Klick/Koba/Sleeper-town necessitate a scum in Pooky/Deimos/Don? There are seven town.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:56 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

Accepting that your case has a gaping hole in it and not defending that isn't going to cut it for me, pooky. Your here defense is that "my case isn't swiss cheese because swiss cheese has multiple holes in it but my case has one big hole in it"
In post 494, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you called my case full of holes like swiss cheese and you already exposed a gaping one. I'm still waiting for it.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Klick »

Sleeper, to me it reads as fairly obvious that he meant to say 'you called my case full of holes like Swiss cheese and
said that
you already exposed a gaping hole in it. I'm still waiting for it.'

This is a semantics thing, he's not actually saying there's a flaw in his logic.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:12 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

In post 1015, Klick wrote:Sleeper, to me it reads as fairly obvious that he meant to say 'you called my case full of holes like Swiss cheese and
said that
you already exposed a gaping hole in it. I'm still waiting for it.'

This is a semantics thing, he's not actually saying there's a flaw in his logic.

Well, I'm going to have to take pooky literally on this for now. He 'literally' said that koba exposed a gaping hole.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:35 am

Post by Deimos27 »

I have put zero effort into this game since yesterday because I have been prioritising other things but I am here now and willing to engage someone in real time
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Klick, do you think Tux/Wug + Aldus is a possible team here? Doesn't really have the explanatory power I'm looking for but I still can't find a scumread off the original coalition.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 112, Clover Ebi wrote:I'm pretty sure Votato is town for this stance I am just very confused on how he got to it.
pedit: But that wasn't what I was asking. (Or at least was going to ask) I was talking about what we should do day 2 if it reaches that point. I don't see why that is an issue. Besides, unless scum are rookies I don't think it's a stretch to say they already have an idea on what they want to do.
Clover, do you remember why you thought votato was town for that stance? Usually players find it hard to townread each other when they don't understand their thought processes, so it's surprising that you manage to tr votato while being so baffled.
In post 706, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 324, DkKoba wrote:im actually reading harder into their ISO.. how TF did yall let him get in so far??????????????????
Does anyone know if DK is normally this energetic/aggro as scum? I'm inclined to townread this entrance. It feels pretty genuine to me.

Sleeper on page 15 seems pretty ok to me. The uneasy thought process is one I have all the time yet try to hide and fail to do so.

Idk how anyone has me in a team right now when I should be in zero with how little I've posted.
I would also like to continue to contribute to the discussion about Clover by pointing out how much the bolded phrasing pings me in this post. Clover isn't particularly formal in tone so the "I'm inclined to townread this" wording reads like typical scum cogdis not actually holding the view they claim to hold. Those three sentences feel particularly awkward in general.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Deimos27 »

That said I think his last few posts with the not wanting to be in the coalition thing is pretty townie so ehhhhhhh
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Deimos27 »

All I know rn is that scum is playing well and that annoys me.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Deimos27 »

DC please come back I need fresh opinions
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Deimos27 »

It's hard to be unbiased about myself but it's so disturbing to me that Koba sr's me, like I feel I'm playing the same as usual yet they can't come to a tr of me even though they managed quite easily in CultD3. If they could at least point to some difference in my play it would help me understand, but they've been unable and just keep repeating their commitment to this vague tonal gutread.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:59 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Ok scratch that Koba is still town

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”