Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Isis »

no pedit i guess
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 649, Isis wrote:- I ask tommy a certain analysis question about MT
Did Tommy ever conclude whether or not i am certainly town? This is an important question
In post 649, Isis wrote:- TTT expresses relatively strong townreads on his hood, for the first time really
well he has to because he's scum probably
In post 649, Isis wrote:- we discuss whether Morning Tweet can be a motherly person and also be scum, and whether mothers can be scum, this spans many posts.
am i really that motherlike?!
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 649, Isis wrote:Our hood hasn't been truthfully summarized yet

-superbowl starts off suspecting both of us for fluffstarting
- Tommy claims scum with superbowl
- I ask tommy a certain analysis question about MT
- superbowl asks what's up with lying about 40 pages in the game thread
- I express a meta scumread on adorable and superbowl pooh poohs it
- I start a conversation about whether this setup is bus friendly or not
- Tommy asks on ratings for the scumminess for each of the three hoods, everyone completes this exercise
- Tommy and I start using spoiler= tags and asking Tommy not to open them so we can make fun of football and also do neighbor-scumhunt-stuff
- Tommy does a post that is purely to claim a page top. This is important to me because it makes him scum in a way that doesn't necessarily make him mafia
- superbowl asks Tommy for his top scumread and it's adorable
- I am really inactive around the time gobble self stumps and make excuses in the PT and then make a very delayed post lamenting gobble's demise and superbowl says he doesn't find it genuine
- superbowl and i get into this argument about how he thinks I should have a partner in mind for Auro, but I'm saying since we're leashing a hood vote anyway it actually doesn't matter if it is certain Auro is scum, because I'm canvassing for that particular hood vote
- superbowl asks for drew meta and i share my takes
- TTT expresses relatively strong townreads on his hood, for the first time really
- we discuss whether Morning Tweet can be a motherly person and also be scum, and whether mothers can be scum, this spans many posts.
-
I'm convinced Isis is scum. She scum reads me because of meta but there is no meta read on me.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 652, Adorable wrote:I'm convinced Isis is scum. She scum reads me because of meta but there is no meta read on me.
Don't worry I will never scumread you as long as you have that pfp
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 649, Isis wrote:Tommy and I start using spoiler= tags and asking Tommy not to open them so we can make fun of football and also do neighbor-scumhunt-stuff
SO THIS IS WHAT YOU WERE UP TO LISTEN HERE
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 654, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 649, Isis wrote:Tommy and I start using spoiler= tags and asking Tommy not to open them so we can make fun of football and also do neighbor-scumhunt-stuff
Scum or not, I got your back super.......don't make fun of football.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 648, superbowl9 wrote:I kind of tried to make it obvious that we were joking, but yall just kept buying it which I admit was actually hilarious :lol:
In post 123, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 118, Auro wrote:
In post 100, superbowl9 wrote:The fact that you've had no arguments would make yall more sus if anything, wouldn't it? In most mafia games I've played, "nice" interactions are usually scum/scum or scum buddying town, confrontations are usually started by town and more likely to hit town
Are you still arguing with Isis in your hood?

I do think you'd stage an argument with your buddy in the hood if you believed that people would townread arguments and scumread "buddying" :P
We're on page 20 - she just called me soup bowl :igmeou:

Also this is WIFOM
Lol i thought it was fake after this post but that just made me more confused really as to why you were doing it
In post 180, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 177, Auro wrote:It's hard to believe your hood is 40 pages - are you saying that's actually true? Paraphrase pages 28, 33 and 38 if you're able to, quick?
Page 28 was a discussion over the best superbowl teams of all time - Isis naively believed in the 2019 Cheifs, but I was able to show her that the superbowl 1 Packers are actually the most dominant force of all time
this also contracted her earlier hate of middle-aged men sports

So wait what were you guys trying to gain from it?
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by Adorable »

Really weird when players scum read someone because of meta but in the end the player that gets scum read for meta turns out to be town and this is the part where I have to ask, "What meta? The player you scum read for meta flipped town."
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

oh yeah that's why i asked if she called you "fruitbowl". honestly i was half expecting you to say yes (>∀<)
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 656, Morning Tweet wrote:So wait what were you guys trying to gain from it?
That's what I'm still a little bit confused about, as for me I was just trolling the whole time. Not sure about the others though
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 655, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 654, superbowl9 wrote:
Scum or not, I got your back super.......don't make fun of football.
A bond of brotherhood
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Isis »

Adorable, I was wrong

people make mistakes
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Tommy Two Times
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Townie

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Tommy Two Times »

In post 651, Morning Tweet wrote:
Did Tommy ever conclude whether or not i am certainly town? This is an important question
In post 649, Isis wrote:- TTT expresses relatively strong townreads on his hood, for the first time really
In post 649, Isis wrote:- we discuss whether Morning Tweet can be a motherly person and also be scum, and whether mothers can be scum, this spans many posts.
I thought you thought I was the town in the hood?

Also, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then yes. There's a reason I think ur you're the town in your hood.
Hectic
Tommy Two Times
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Tommy Two Times »

Might snapvote over Isis calling me TTT over Tommy to be honest tbh
Hectic
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 662, Tommy Two Times wrote:
In post 651, Morning Tweet wrote:
I thought you thought I was the town in the hood?

Also, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then yes. There's a reason I think ur you're the town in your hood.
that's Auro who thinks it's superbowl/Isis. I've been bouncing back and forth between it being u and Isis or it being superbowl/Isis.

Yay!!!! I kinda wish you didn't though because that'd make this a lot easier on me!!!!!!!!!!!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Auro »

It's not just the want of self-vote, but also the confidence in townreading Gob's hood and continuous expressed scumreads on Isis hood both in PT and in the main thread.

Okay, suppose Gob didn't self vote... We get Isis' hood to self and it flips town. Now what? We have to fake a trajectory to start paranoia'ing on Gob now? And hope that Isis suddenly doesn't find me open wolfing scum and instead asks Gob to?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 659, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 656, Morning Tweet wrote:So wait what were you guys trying to gain from it?
That's what I'm still a little bit confused about, as for me I was just trolling the whole time. Not sure about the others though
So it's kinda weird Isis calls you obvtown and then makes the most blatant evasion when I ask her to explain, no? ;)
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:12 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 665, Auro wrote:It's not just the want of self-vote, but also the confidence in townreading Gob's hood and continuous expressed scumreads on Isis hood both in PT and in the main thread.

Okay, suppose Gob didn't self vote... We get Isis' hood to self and it flips town. Now what? We have to fake a trajectory to start paranoia'ing on Gob now? And hope that Isis suddenly doesn't find me open wolfing scum and instead asks Gob to?
This argument was never convincing to me. "Oh our gambit has this downside if it doesn't work!" Yeah, that's kind of the point of a gambit no?
Also we are acting as if having to fake one reads progression is impossible for scum to do - I think Auro and Drew are good enough players to figure out a way to get that done lol.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:16 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 666, Auro wrote:
In post 659, superbowl9 wrote:
So it's kinda weird Isis calls you obvtown and then makes the most blatant evasion when I ask her to explain, no? ;)
She might be trying to buddy me :(
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:16 am

Post by Auro »

Running gambits which don't work unless you get extremely lucky is bad play if scum.
Unless you're saying we predicted Gobbles would self vote.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Townreading your own hood and an adjacent hood in the hopes they randomly self vote or else you lose the game is probably a pretty low success rate gambit. id be surprised if that went just how they drew it up.

It would have made more sense to be more ambiguous about the gobble hood. but even then, if we had all decided we were town based off of Drews actions then had Isis' hood selfvote, it would have made me incredibly suspicious
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Auro »

Your suspicions (or the lack of them) wouldn't have mattered, in all likelihood Isis' hood would have chosen us to be the next hood anyway if they're town.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:27 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 670, Morning Tweet wrote:Townreading your own hood and an adjacent hood in the hopes they randomly self vote or else you lose the game is probably a pretty low success rate gambit. id be surprised if that went just how they drew it up.

It would have made more sense to be more ambiguous about the gobble hood. but even then, if we had all decided we were town based off of Drews actions then had Isis' hood selfvote, it would have made me incredibly suspicious
Here's how the gambit would go in my head:

-Auro says hey Drew let's try to pretend self-vote for townpoints

-Drew says love it I'll pretend to be super paranoid, if it gets too much you do something town and I'll start townreading us

-Auro+Drew decide to go for our hood -> gobbles hood to stump

-They need some reason to fos our hood over turkey, so they do some reaction test or whatever to townread turkey - note:
Spoiler:
if you only townread 1 person in the hood, you can always either:
1 claim the other two are scum partners
2 cast doubt upon your own townread by claiming you have 1 strong scumread in the hood, so oops guess my townread was wrong. This also works for townreading any 2 hood members

-Auro+Drew see that Tommy and I are fosing Turkey hood, and MT also votes them for activity. This could be enough support to get turkey hood to stump first - a quite favorable outcome for them. If they can try to toe the line of putting a bit of pressure on turkey hood while keeping a townread, this becomes the new plan.

-Turkey self-hammers, making their job much easier. Now all they have to do is play up the implausibility of their gambit and continue pushing us while riding their town points to victory (welcome to current gamestate).

Please tell me which part of this is unreasonable or "such poor strategy"??
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Auro »

It fails because there's no scenario where Drew and I can convincingly fake a scumread on Gob's hood.

For the gambit to work, we need other town to get Gob hood to stump first, which sounds :?: When Isis has been calling me obv wolf all game long

Or we need someone in Gob's hood to self-vote

Outside of these two scenarios we're pretty much effed. It's a high risk gambit that entirely relies on town doing unlikely stuff, leaving us no room for manipulative play.

Hence, poor strategy as scum.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:05 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 673, Auro wrote:It fails because there's no scenario where Drew and I can convincingly fake a scumread on Gob's hood.

For the gambit to work, we need other town to get Gob hood to stump first, which sounds :?: When Isis has been calling me obv wolf all game long

Or we need someone in Gob's hood to self-vote

Outside of these two scenarios we're pretty much effed. It's a high risk gambit that entirely relies on town doing unlikely stuff, leaving us no room for manipulative play.

Hence, poor strategy as scum.
#1 is just not true, you really think you're not a good enough player to come up with a reason to flip a read lol?

You can either have gob's hood stump first, which was doable with 3 votes on them already (with Isis voting yall and you + drew voting us, that's a majority), or have us stump then use your new townpoints to townread yourselves and find some reason to scumread turkey hood. Both options seem very doable to me, and you can even try plan 1 using plan 2 as a backup. The only thing limiting this is the believability of you switching 1 read.

You probably know all of this already though :)

Return to “Completed Open Games”