Newbie 2011 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 2.07
GeneralWu (3) -
AGar, Battle Mage, SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul (2) -
Apogee, GeneralWu
Freddiethelady (1) -
gobbledygook

Not Voting (1) -
Freddiethelady

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to Eliminate.

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2020-06-30 19:00:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:46 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1027, SleeperSoul wrote:Since BM admitted to acting in bad faith with me while townleaning me, I can't in good faith trust his word towards me. Therefor, can anyone else give me their reasons why BM is town so we can move on?
Generally speaking, scum!BM takes a huge risk coming out swinging putting a player at L-1 in RVS, didn’t flinch when I tried to focus pressure on him, and then puts himself out there unnecessarily as D1 progresses and D2 starts by pushing forward with a very present posting style in a game full of apathetic posters.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:21 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

In post 1051, AGar wrote:
In post 1027, SleeperSoul wrote:Since BM admitted to acting in bad faith with me while townleaning me, I can't in good faith trust his word towards me. Therefor, can anyone else give me their reasons why BM is town so we can move on?
Generally speaking, scum!BM takes a huge risk coming out swinging putting a player at L-1 in RVS, didn’t flinch when I tried to focus pressure on him, and then puts himself out there unnecessarily as D1 progresses and D2 starts by pushing forward with a very present posting style in a game full of apathetic posters.
I don't quite understand this post, as it is a reply to my question for why BM is town, not scum.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:27 am

Post by AGar »

Yes I’m saying BMs play if he was scum would be sub optimal and illogical, his play makes much more sense as town. Sorry, it was early and no caffeine. Didn’t finish my thesis there.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:30 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

In post 1053, AGar wrote:Yes I’m saying BMs play if he was scum would be sub optimal and illogical, his play makes much more sense as town. Sorry, it was early and no caffeine. Didn’t finish my thesis there.

Okay, but then following that logic, you are saying that since my play has been sub optimal and illogical this game, I am scum.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:31 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

I did not play town optimally earlier.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:32 am

Post by AGar »

No.

SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:15 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

Okay. But isn't it essentially wifom to say that BM isn't scum because his play would then be suboptimal if so?
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:23 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

I think a stronger case for BM would be made by providing proofs of townie behavior rather than reasons for scummy behavior.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:37 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1058, SleeperSoul wrote:I think a stronger case for BM would be made by providing proofs of townie behavior rather than reasons for scummy behavior.
You’re either not reading my post or intentionally misinterpreting what I’ve said because of a personal grudge. I’m done engaging with you, you’ve made this game absolutely unbearable to be a part of. At this point, I’ve laid out my reads. Your insistence on fighting with BM has sent every other player to ground and ground this game to a halt.

GWU needs to die because GWU is scum. Freddie going to ground looks sketch as hell.

I fucking hate that the two players I most read as town are the two players who have sucked the joy out of this game entirely.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1059, AGar wrote:
In post 1058, SleeperSoul wrote:I think a stronger case for BM would be made by providing proofs of townie behavior rather than reasons for scummy behavior.
You’re either not reading my post or intentionally misinterpreting what I’ve said because of a personal grudge. I’m done engaging with you, you’ve made this game absolutely unbearable to be a part of. At this point, I’ve laid out my reads. Your insistence on fighting with BM has sent every other player to ground and ground this game to a halt.

GWU needs to die because GWU is scum. Freddie going to ground looks sketch as hell.

I fucking hate that the two players I most read as town are the two players who have sucked the joy out of this game entirely.
dude in fairness I've only been engaging with it of late to try and win him over to avoid us getting instantly fucked in LyLo. In hindsight, it was completely pointless and painful, but at least I fucking made the effort.

I literally don't even care anymore - his analysis (if I'm being generous) has completely sapped even my enthusiasm.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Micc »

Prodding Freddiethelady and gobbledygook.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:53 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

In post 1059, AGar wrote:

That's fair if you think my behavior is the result of a personal grudge on anyone. From my perspective, it's not. I have no grudges towards anyone in this game. I honestly tried to look for reasons why BM is town and couldn't find any. I only found him acting in bad faith, and people defending him by saying his meta is scummy. I'm just trying to do my due diligence here by asking everyone else for reasons why BM is townie because I honestly haven't found any. Sorry for making this game unpleasant for you.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:56 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

I do think it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable for anyone to form a grudge against me because of my behavior this, which I suspect might be the case.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:38 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

AGar, based on your response to my analysis, it appears that you did not take it at face value. That gives me the impression that you might have a grudge against me. It's entirely reasonable to have a grudge against me based on my actions this game. But I think that any grudges are detrimental to town.
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

In post 1061, Micc wrote:
Prodding Freddiethelady and gobbledygook.

not again. :eek: damn it.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

UNVOTE:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:18 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

In post 1064, SleeperSoul wrote:AGar, based on your response to my analysis, it appears that you did not take it at face value. That gives me the impression that you might have a grudge against me. It's entirely reasonable to have a grudge against me based on my actions this game. But I think that any grudges are detrimental to town.

After all... just because I think BM is scum doesn't mean I have a grudge against him. I could be wrong. That's why I'm asking for reasons why he's town.
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

I apologize for not interacting over the past few days - I tried reading through the posts in the wee hours of the morning but couldn't bear wasting my waning energy on reading through the exchanges between Sleeper and BM. I don't want to be rude so I will leave it there.

As for my absence, it appears scummy I know and bad for town. I made the mistake of getting super far behind in addition to having a bunch of stuff going on. I know my excuses won't really make a difference, so I won't bug any of you with the details, but I have a few real-life excuses. It won't happen again.

As a matter of curiosity, has GG been replaced? We've both been prodded twice and I don't see his responses...so now I am working on my analysis. I've read through but don't feel I've fully grasped a lot of the arguments.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Freddie, please give me something to work with, or I might legit lynch you today
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Freddiethelady »

In post 926, AGar wrote:
@Freddie
What do you think of the fact that the wagon on you got to L-1 so easily? If you're town, who were the scumbags? If you're scum, am I right that GWu is your partner? Bussing your partner gets you townpoints, and makes my heart oh so warm.
TBH I don't know what to think. I forgot that the mod doesn't always keep the votes accurate and I wasn't counting. No one was really scum reading me enough before hand...is it possible there was a little panic? Either way, it went away as quickly as it started. as I can see now, its rebuilding due to my lack of posting. How would you read a quick build up like that?
In post 940, AGar wrote:
In post 927, Freddiethelady wrote:So I still haven’t caught up yet but somethings really bugging me about votato’s lynch. I’m probably incriminating myself a little by pointing this out but I don’t care. The lynch was so random And I need to work this out. First I want to point out the points behind my thought process... 1) he wasn’t really that active 2) not a lot of people were talking about him and 3) most people here know him. So why him? Why did scum NK him when there was seemingly little to gain from it? I looked back over his iOS and he voted two people: BM, sleeper, and Apogee. Votato must have been on to something. I needed to get that out there for Agar to help me work out...
Yeah I'm not going to get into NK analysis and all the fucking shit that comes with that just to project a wagon onto someone else. #sorrynotsorry
Can you tell me why not? If everyone was surprised by the kill, then why don't we dive into it? is it a mafia nuance I haven't learned yet? He might have been on to something...I can't figure out why you're super uptight about that unless there is something you're hiding.

Alternatively, @BM help me out here...didn't you say that Agar claimed mason way too quickly in post ? Have you thought anymore about that? Is that a move that would benefit scum if scum!agar pulled it off? it doesn't seem like anyone has had heat on him since he claimed mason. the reasoning for that would be based off a false premise. I acknowledge this might by one serious stretch but is it worth investigating?

I messed up this quote but below is from Agar

I got it, I am sorry.

On the other hand, I definitely don't want to sound like I am sheeping Agar here, but his read on the General seems to make a lot of sense (even if he is scum lying that he's mason)... I won't vote yet because I haven't finished reading Generals iso and also have my eye on Apogee. He talks a lot, and I don't have the evidence compiled yet but hes sus to me because his talking doesn't get us very far.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

fk it VOTE: Apogee

I'll go with my heart, and screw everyone else.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Micc »

SleeperSoul has requested replacement.
I'll reset the deadline to 2 days and pause it until a replacement is found.
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Freddiethelady »

In post 1071, Battle Mage wrote:fk it VOTE: Apogee

I'll go with my heart, and screw everyone else.
talk to me about this!

it doesn't take a lot of reading to see that apogee has had very little to say throughout the game and has kept an extremely low profile. i need to get to the bottom of the votato death. apogee didn't really scum read votato, but he knew his play-style well enough to call him out on how little he was contributing (see ) and to wisely conclude that votato was going to be trouble for him, especially since votato calls him out as not the same kind of player as town!apogee of past games. no one else was really paying attention. that night, votato is dies, may he rest in peace. (i have a feeling im going to get a tongue lashing from agar for whatever reason he doesn't want to analyse this) votato was on to something...scum have to use their night kills strategically. if he suspected apogee (which he did) and he was correct, then apogee might have panicked knowing the kind of player votato is, or what he might become once this game gained momentum. furthermore, apogee has been speaking about 'feeling good about/being okay with hammaring' (, , ) or 'buy a wagon' (). some of these are on the same day, hours apart.

getting to the bottom of who thought votato would be the best 1st NK is going to help me solve all my reads. i need something to orbit around and this is where ill start. in the meantime, i am almost certain that a VOTE: apogee is a step towards a town victory.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:27 am

Post by GeneralWu »

Whoa I'm still alive

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”