Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:45 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1374, Green Crayons wrote:Yeah, I'm not asking for you to quote; just whether you think there is any qualifying language that would leave the ability for recruitment. Sounds like no.
There's nothing indicative, to me, of recruitment.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:46 am

Post by Green Crayons »

:) Thank you.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:47 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1372, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i guess i just have a few follow-up questions since it seemed like you only told part of the story (like whether there were any breadcrumbs, which i guess not)

* this is a revelation, not a role, right? uve had this information all along and chose to give it now, its not part of some ongoing revelation that will reveal new info? maybe ppl will disagree but if you're like that kind of cop that checks if the target is the same as the target you last checked, i'd rather just hear that

* does ur revelation come with some sort of role name or are you a vt? is there some part of this claim you can flesh out? even if ur PM just says "u're VT but have this information" id like to hear how it was presented to u
1. I already explained it. I'm not sure why you can't just go to my ISO and see what's already been said so we're not spinning in circles. It's a revelation as is listed in Post 1 of the game.

2. I'm a VT but started with the info and as part of the revelation as listed in Post 1 of the game that I already previously requoted.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:55 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i did go to your iso and it wasn't clear who u were calling scum. first u said it was a piece of information given to you, then it was part of a revelation, u thought there was 1 scum in me / blair / porkens, but ur revelation is 1 scum in farside / porkens, didn't make it clear whether this was a revelation or a kill. so i just want to hear it all upfront, what ur role is, who the two potential scum are. it sounds like you've told us everything now then, which helps b/c at first your claims looked kind of random
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:55 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1378, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i did go to your iso and it wasn't clear who u were calling scum. first u said it was a piece of information given to you, then it was part of a revelation, u thought there was 1 scum in me / blair / porkens, but ur revelation is 1 scum in farside / porkens, didn't make it clear whether this was a revelation or a
skill.
so i just want to hear it all upfront, what ur role is, who the two potential scum are. it sounds like you've told us everything now then, which helps b/c at first your claims looked kind of random
ebwop
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:59 am

Post by Starbuck »

Spoiler:
In post 1271, Starbuck wrote:
Vote: Porkens

I didn't like that push of an ABR wagon at the end of the day.
In post 1306, Starbuck wrote:Go ahead, the bit of information that I received is one of you or farside are scum. I think it's you. So no, my vote isn't moving and you shouldn't be been so obvscum yesterday with your reactionary stances.
In post 1308, Starbuck wrote:I think ABR had something similar for his info but with Auro and VPB.
In post 1311, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1310, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1306, Starbuck wrote:Go ahead, the bit of information that I received is one of you or farside are scum. I think it's you. So no, my vote isn't moving and you shouldn't be been so obvscum yesterday with your reactionary stances.
please explain, starbuck.

In post 1, Vi wrote:1) A Revelation. Some players begin the game with additional information about the game setup. All but one of these players are Town-aligned. Players that have additional information are not considered power roles and will not flip differently from how they otherwise would.
In post 1317, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1314, Hoopla wrote:is this information you received pre-game? if so, why didn't you claim it D1 so we had a 50/50 to lynch from.
Because I felt that ABR had similar information re: Auro and VPB and I wanted to see if I was correct. The revelation only came to me when he admitted to lying to Auro about scumreading VPB. Scum killing ABR last night just solidified it for me.

I know I'm town. I know that one of Porkens and farside is scum. It could be farside, too, but her frustration with Auro came off way town to me.

I assume that ABR had a similar setup. He knew that he was town and that one of VPB and Auro were scum.
In post 1319, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1315, Morning Tweet wrote:If Pork is scum here, that'd mean he actually faked 50. Is that even possible?
In post 1, Vi wrote:1) A Revelation. Some players begin the game with additional information about the game setup.
All but one of these players are Town-aligned.
Players that have additional information are not considered power roles and will not flip differently from how they otherwise would.
It would be a helluva gambit, but I don't necessarily think he gambited. I think he's the non-town aligned player.

Here. That took me like 30 seconds to put together.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:00 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

:roll:
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:02 am

Post by Starbuck »

Additionally, I listed you, Blair, and Pork because you guys were the ABR counterwagon. Of the 3 of you, I think Pork is most likely to be scum given the revelation that I have.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:03 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

"ur claim is kind of scattered and inconsistent. can u answer these questions"
"those questions are already answered if u read my iso."
"i read ur iso and they aren't, it's inconsistent."
"ugh, fine, here are quotes from my iso."
________

fill in the blank with the reaction u would have in this situation. this is mine: :|
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:10 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm trying to get out the door for work, so having to repeat myself when I've already said what you asked is frustrating, to say the least.

If you need it all in one spot, I'll take care of that when I get a break or when I get home later. Otherwise, it's already all there and there are quite a number of other players who understand what I was putting down.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:27 am

Post by Porkens »

I have no revelation. 4 town is two mislynches and two nightkills.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Porkens »

I take back what I said about Starbuck not mentioning farside, I looked again at the posts you mentioned and yes, there is effort to sort her. And I can understand why you didn’t put it out day 1, and felt safe from the nightkill.

I believe starbuck. That is the explanation I was looking for. Farside on the other hand drops a vote on me and walks away, never questioning at all that starbuck has the slightest chance to be scum. Oh and then she says she’s busy and won’t be back (which may be true but is also a great excuse to ghost this day until things shake out)

So farside is scum, whoo hoo!

So Starbuck, do you think I would put such a target on myself yesterday as scum, and if so, why?

VOTE: farside22
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:23 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I believe I had something for this
In post 359, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'll tell you a secret: a lot of times when people post a lot of words it's because they have nothing to say

there's a fine line to walk between explanation and obfuscation.
let's compare

Spoiler: my version of events
me wrote:Porkens hardpushed a counterwagon to the flipped scum (Auro) on the flipped town (ABR) when Auro was at L-1

Auro and Blair declared that my putting the now-flipped scum (Auro) at L-2 was bad and I was therefore scum. my analysis was that Auro was likely scum *because* of the attempted counterwagon on ABR and I was very incredibly right about both of their alignments

Spoiler: your version of events
In post 1352, Porkens wrote:Ok, that’s awesome Hoopla. I’m really impressed by the statistical analysis you’ve done it’s inspiring and your analysis of the wagon is, I feel, very much in the right direction.

Im willing to trust starbuck if she has a good reason for not outing the info yesterday. Otherwise I’m scared of losing 4 townies.

I think what I need to do here is be brutally honest about my lived experience. I think that if I can spew enough of my own truth it will be clear that I’m not scum here. It’s going to be embarrassing for me, but here goes.

I started playing mafia scum I. 2008 with my IrL friend spyrex. You know him. He quickly became really, really good at forum mafia. He’s like that in all games. Tactical, game breaking strategist who figures it out theee steps before I could. That made me feel really inferior to him in mafia. Because of his skill, he was quick to make really good friends here too. I didn’t. I wasn’t good at reading for scum and I couldn’t follow mechanics and I was constantly being called a shit player when I was really trying, and that sucked. I’m not a dumb person, but for whatever reason mafia doesn’t click for me the same way it does for people like spyrex. This made me feel pretty diminished, and I quit. Now I think spyrex is a great guy with a good heart, and I don’t lay any of this on him - it’s me, but that’s his part in this story. And here’s the part that hurts: I was jealous. I wanted to show him I was as good, smart, skilled and I tried to take him on in a couple games, but he knew he had so much clout he could flip it on me no matter what, and he did, and it made me mad.

So I took a long break and came back some years later to try playing again. I wanted to become a better player, and I tried to learn. I had a little success; my win rate was a little better, but what I found was that I still couldn’t play the way most really good players do. I can’t analyze a wagon or line up lynches. I have a hard time seeing players working together or distancing. What I did find that worked was making a jackass out of myself, spouting off with random theories, lolhammering, and seeing who jumped on my wagon. Eventually, this became part of my reputation. I also started reading the game almost peitou emotionally and tonally. Focusing on how someone writes rather than what they wright. And sometimes I fucking nail it, and hit the scumteam early on. Unfortunately that doesn’t do much for my ego because the best players still call it shit meta. Which I alnowledge it is.

Another feature of this time in my mafia career was new superstars. Radient Cowbells, mastina, Others, and some of the players in this game to name a few. These people could fool others as scum, and catch the scum as town. I was so intimidated and jealous of these players that I would go after them I games sometimes, trying to prove I was just as good. But I wasn’t. They played layers of games while I was stuck at the very surface. I have tried to play like that, but I can only do it for very short bursts before my confidence shatters and I revert back to “clinically insane” porkens. Sometimes I post in pink text as another voice from my head
(which I am, and it’s my head not his)
and sometimes I just pick a theory and run with it no matter how unlikely it is, ESPECIALLY if it’s against one of these really good players. And you know what? It kind of worked. I had a better record as both maf and town in that era. I couldn’t be a great mafia player, but I could play a character, and sometimes that was good enough to win and have fun. I think of it as pro wrestling. It’s all a work until it’s a shoot, it afterwards it’s can all be a work again. So I had some success but I still wasn’t what I wanted to be, I still wasn’t ever going to win a scummy.

So now I come back in 2020. I decided to play again when farside came back and I was like hell yeah. Now I’m having a good time, got a good win rate, makin some friends, seeing some old faces, and this game show up and I’m like “hell yeah” again. Let’s see if I can make a good showing. (Stop laughing)

Like I said before Albert made a fool of me in our last game together. Then he started doing funny business in this game with the VP wagon. I got a theory in my head and went full bore on it. None of you would even acknowledge what he was doing was in any way scummy, or explain it to me, and I got pissssed offfff. All those feelings of being out of the cool kids club and being shit at the game came flooding back. Everyone knows what alberts doing except me. I don’t get it because I’m the shit player, the dumb one. This is how I felt. Albert can say “I’m never lynched day one because I’m so strong” and that makes him sound town. God damn it just makes me so JEALOUS. So, taking that emotion, and trying to get some agency in the game and maybe accomplish something g with my tiny insignificant self, I vote for Albert. I don’t want to fall for his shit, I don’t want to cower before his strength, I don’t understand his gambit and god damn it I’m not going to be bullied or cajoled into following it and I’m sure as hell not going to be ignored.

I had moments of lucidity in this rage haze. I thought “well if Albert is town and I let myself throw this shit fit, maybe scum will reveal themselves somehow. When Blair and CLAP got on the wagon I said “there’s one” and “that’s two”. In my head I said “there’s one scu” and “there’s two scum”. Now at this point I knew there was no way Albert was getting lynched and I was just being petulant, but since I was already so ramped up I figured I could maybe use that pestilance to some good. Play the part, work the scum, pro wrestle it. But simultaneously I’m still thinking if Albert is scum I’m not going to be tricked and I’m stating it now so I look smart after the game
not kidding in many cases this is what he cares about most!

So this brings me to the hammer. I hammered because...sigh...I wanted to have done something meaningful in the game. I wanted something to be about me instead of about Albert. I wanted to be the center of attention. I also thought it might Cause some ripples that someone, maybe even me, could see scum standing out in. Sadly, once I realized I was fulfilling everyone’s worst expectations of me, I felt terrible. I reread the votecou t and missed tripods in-line vote, which made me think “oh god I didn’t really hammer that’s great now it looks like an epic fake hammer and we can get some reactions and everyone with think I planned it and I’ll look smart and good at the game” . This is where most of the banter post hammer took place. I actually thought that others were in on it and playing along, really meme of it up with me. Then when things quieted down I counted again and realized no..Tripod voted in his paragraph...jokes on me. When auro flipped, I was so grateful not to have fucked it up. I dumbhammered, but at least it was scum. If he was town I would feel 1000% worse. But he wasn’t he was scum. And a scum tracker at that. Too bad I didn’t have anything to do with it other than fucking in the last 6 possible days of discussion. And make me an easy lynch.

Well. I think that’s about it.

oh my

Porkens taking this long to vote for farside after Starbuck said "I have mod information that says it's 50/50 you or farside" certainly isn't doing much to lessen my scumread on his slot
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

VOTE: Porkens

ill take the 50/50
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1349, Porkens wrote:Pod, I dig all of that, but that "big play" never pays off in any universe. I'm not trying to be difficult, just say in your own words, IF IM TOWN, what was I doing and why, just as I've stated it? You don't have to believe it, just articulate it, please, so I know I've made myself understood.
at the risk of feeling like im using meta, my experience with you as a player makes me believe that you would lackadaisically hammer and feign disinterest/accident/not paying attention as scum
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:30 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

actually.

VOTE: farside22 imo
green shirt thursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

WHY though
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

ugh i literally don't care which of them it is but im a sucker for AtE and when i did an iso skim on farside something pinged me as being kinda careful/cautious

like the way she absolutely refuses to engage in any direction with me early on
the push on hoopla is bad (and weirdly, she and pork both engaged on that at the same time)

although farside does vote Auro pretty early

but there's so much fuzziness like saying she's not latching onto anything this game while simultaneously pushing Auro out there. or calling out UT for "sheeping" then immediately walking it back.

anyway it literally doesn't matter, we lynch one, if they flip town, we lynch the other
green shirt thursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

maybe the team is auro/starbuck/farside/porkens

that'd be spicy
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:56 am

Post by Porkens »

Tripod, fair enough but I wagoned ABR and quickhammered Auro either for the internal emotional reasons I explain in my story OR because it was a gambit to make myself look so scummy that people believe in town. Which do you think is the case here, because it can’t be both.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:01 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1389, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1349, Porkens wrote:Pod, I dig all of that, but that "big play" never pays off in any universe. I'm not trying to be difficult, just say in your own words, IF IM TOWN, what was I doing and why, just as I've stated it? You don't have to believe it, just articulate it, please, so I know I've made myself understood.
at the risk of feeling like im using meta, my experience with you as a player makes me believe that you would lackadaisically hammer and feign disinterest/accident/not paying attention as scum

I might, but that’s clearly not the case here. What happened here is bad town play but it would be unreasonably horrible, game throwing scumplay I’m not
that
dumb.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Porkens »

I say clearly not the case because it wasn’t lacsidasical, disinterested, or feigned accidental
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1393, Untrod Tripod wrote:maybe the team is auro/starbuck/farside/porkens

that'd be spicy
See now you are thinking like me.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1352, Porkens wrote:went full bore on it.
:neutral:

Kind of skimming while I'm at work, but Starbuck, just so I'm being 100% clear on your info, you had this info from the start of the D1 or you gained a revelation at some point during D1?

(I know I'm being lazy and could probably figure this out by line by line rereading your responses to puppy, but I'm not in a position to do that until EOD today. Feels like something I should understand sooner)

Porkens AtE pulls at my heart strings a bit, but I also don't remember him being a shit player back in the day? I mean, I guess we all have our own self doubts and criticisms. Lord knows, I was feeling like trash human when I was going to get lynched D1 in a game I asked for...

re: Hoopla's theory on Starbuck -- I mean, maybe? It'd be a really genius level play by scum and a worthwhile trade I suppose. I have a hard time buying that's what is going on though. I would NEVER have thought of that as an actual play worth trying. Maybe I'm dumb. I sort of read Starbuck as a pretty earnest and straightforward player. That's not the type of deception I'd expect from her, which is why I believe she's being honest about her info.
In post 1377, Starbuck wrote:2. I'm a VT but started with the info and as part of the revelation as listed in Post 1 of the game that I already previously requoted.
ok, so I think you're saying you had it from the start of the game.
In post 1386, Porkens wrote:Oh and then she says she’s busy and won’t be back (which may be true but is also a great excuse to ghost this day until things shake out)
I don't like this shade throwing. I don't think anyone in this game is here for anything more than fun. Saying someone would be lying about IRL commitments is kind of shitty.

Porkens - why do you think doubting Starbuck is inherently a town move and believing her is scummy from farside? I would think if I was town in your position, I'd be like "sweet, easy scum caught. I just have to make sure that person gets lynched today"
In post 1393, Untrod Tripod wrote:maybe the team is auro/starbuck/farside/porkens

that'd be spicy
galaxy brain
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Porkens »

Like you said, the payoff to setting up that false dilemma is real: two mislynches and two nightkills. To me, as town, the claim has similar feels like 3p lylo: I’m not going to just believe starbuck is town because she says either me or farside is scum. So I have a healthy suspicion of it. Farside on the other hand just slaps her vote down and walks. That’s saying “well I know starbuck is town and so it has to be porkens”...but she should t know starbuck is town.

Now that I believe starbuck that’s where I’m at. I feel a lot better about the situation, but I’d be clear if we lynch farside, and maybe that way even draw a nightkill, só that’s why I’m fighting.

I understand what you are saying about the shade, although it’s more of an accusation. And like I said: it’s probably tru, but she brought her IRL into the game, and put it in play. Also, since I believe Starbucks explanation, I’m seeing her post in a scumlight, so I stand by what I said.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”