Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:24 am

Post by Porkens »

Upon which you jumped and for which you called me a hero.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1423, Blair wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Yes, the shrieking was significant. I guess my point is that he was pushing my wagon much more thoroughly and then just sort of tacking Auro on as a second choice. So I'm curious where you felt like he was actually pushing Auro rather than just saying "VPB or Auro"
When he's hounding everyone to vote within his PoE, "VP or Auro" is significant.
Don't really agree as much on this. We can see the results of his harder push on me (I was actually wagoned, whereas Auro coasted until ABR turned on him).

My point is that if I'm scum buddies with Auro, I might have been sitting back and reading the room as likely to end on VP, even if Auros name was being posted. Staying off wagon in that instance is the right play from scum.

You're saying you thought Auro had equal pressure until ABR's turn simply because he posted our names together?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Blair »

I don't remember saying "equal" nor do I feel like that is an important data point for or against me.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1425, Porkens wrote:Upon which you jumped and for which you called me a hero.
Gotham turned on Batman.

I'm following my metaphor just fine thank you very much.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1411, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 1406, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1400, CantHateAPuppy wrote:it should be obvious that any investigative roles should be on pork/starbuck tonight
what
In post 1407, Green Crayons wrote:Sorry, let me include context:
In post 1400, CantHateAPuppy wrote:VOTE: farside
if starbuck is scum getting two mislynches in, it'd be nice to know tomorrow instead of waiting through two mislynches. (though i hope farside just flips scum)
counterpoint:

if starbuck is scum and we are already lynching incorrectly one time ill take the other flip for a surefire scumflip on starbuck and let investigatives do something actually useful tonight?????
green shirt thursdays
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Green Crayons »

My problem was that he seemed to be suggesting that he wanted farside to flip (presumably expecting scum, per his vote), but then also still wanted investigations into Porkens and Starbuck.

I think 1411 cleared that up as a no.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

I still don't understand what is so inconsistent and scattered about my ISO or what other elaboration that I can do, but specifically for CLAP.

I am a VT. I started the game, as in received this alongside my role, with information and/or revelation (as per Post 1) that one out of Porkens and farside is scum.

Going back to CLAP's 1372
In post 1372, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i guess i just have a few follow-up questions since it seemed like you only told part of the story (like whether there were any breadcrumbs, which i guess not)

* this is a revelation, not a role, right? uve had this information all along and chose to give it now, its not part of some ongoing revelation that will reveal new info? maybe ppl will disagree but if you're like that kind of cop that checks if the target is the same as the target you last checked, i'd rather just hear that

* does ur revelation come with some sort of role name or are you a vt? is there some part of this claim you can flesh out? even if ur PM just says "u're VT but have this information" id like to hear how it was presented to u
1. It is a revelation.
2. I've had the info all along and kept it close to my chest Day 1 because I wanted Day 1 to evolve organically. If it led to my wagon, I would have revealed when forced to claim. If the lynch had swung to Porkens or farside, I'm not sure what I would have done.
3. No, it's not part of some ongoing revelation (this is where you frustrated me this morning because it's specifically in the game rules).
4. No, it's not a power role, I started with this info (again, read the game rules).
5. I am a VT (again, game rules).
6. "You're a VT, but you know this shit to be true."
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Green Crayons »

i think I also agree with 1429 in terms of gaming out investigative actions, but that's all I really want to say about that because I fall in the middle ground of generalized strategy discussions for PR choices are fine and NAI, but getting into specifics probably hurts more than helps
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Porkens »

Starbuck, why would I go out of my way to look scummy in this game? Or do you think your vision of scum-me thought what I did would look protown?

So you think I made up all that reasoning, thought process, and emotional states that I wrote in my long post?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Porkens »

Do, not so
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1386, Porkens wrote:Oh and then she says she’s busy and won’t be back (which may be true but is also a great excuse to ghost this day until things shake out)
In post 1399, Porkens wrote:And like I said: it’s probably tru, but she brought her IRL into the game, and put it in play.
You know I deemed you as a much better player than stooping to this. Keep it in-game, please, I have to go to work to pay my bills just like everyone else. I'm allowed to step away from a game thread, and say as such, and so are you. Don't be this person.
In post 1386, Porkens wrote:So Starbuck, do you think I would put such a target on myself yesterday as scum, and if so, why?
I think you were trying in vain to save your buddy and it just didn't work. It was a valiant attempt, but it just didn't work. I also think you wanted town cred as the hammer.

@VPB, I see your questions in 1398. I'll point you to 1431.

I like IAUN's 1401. I like the insight and thought about Blair because I need to look at her with fresh eyes and I also like the farside break down.

I should put it out there that I'm not against a farside lynch. I just read her more town, especially during that dumb back and forth that she had to endure about meta with Auro, than I do with Porkens.

In post 1419, Blair wrote:ABR was pushing both you and Auro simultaneously for a long time, no?
From my POV, I feel he was but the more I read into VPB yesterday the more I was like "oh he's town. What the hell is ABR getting at?" Then he turned around and told Auro that he lied about wanting both lynches because he scumread Auro and that was it.
In post 1424, Blair wrote:Porkens is the one who actually did enter the thread at an opportune moment and begin loudly promoting a new counterwagon.
THIS.
In post 1426, VP Baltar wrote:Don't really agree as much on this. We can see the results of his harder push on me (I was actually wagoned, whereas Auro coasted until ABR turned on him).
You already analyzed your wagon, right? Or just Auro's?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1428, Blair wrote:
In post 1425, Porkens wrote:Upon which you jumped and for which you called me a hero.
Gotham turned on Batman.

I'm following my metaphor just fine thank you very much.

Literally, that was a QUEEEEEEEEEEEEN response. :lol:
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:28 am

Post by Porkens »

She brought it into the thread and the game, not me.

There was 0 chance of lynching ABR over Auro. It makes no sense for me to start a countereagon as scum. I feel like you are ignoring my explanation where I detail what I thought and how I felt at every stage. Do you think I could make that all up from whole cloth?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1433, Porkens wrote:Starbuck, why would I go out of my way to look scummy in this game? Or do you think your vision of scum-me thought what I did would look protown?

So you think I made up all that reasoning, thought process, and emotional states that I wrote in my long post?
I don't think you went out of your way. I think it just happened and now you're cleaning up the mess.

I think you were MEGA appealing to emotion in your long post and it doesn't sit well with me. I think you're going way over the top and it's just weird.

If you want to prove some goodwill, what's your revelation? Since you were the first to even mention something.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Porkens »

Again, I do not have a revelation.

And again, it is not an appeal to emotion, it is an explanation of my actions, which were based on my emotions. I’m not trying to make you feel sorry for me, I’m trying to illustrate where my mind and feelings were at when I did those actions.

Yes it’s a mess, but it’s not a mess caused by me trying to build an impossible counterwagon on ABR to somehow save auro.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1435, Starbuck wrote:You already analyzed your wagon, right? Or just Auro's?
I've looked at both wagons, yeah.

I'd like to go back and look closer at farside's switch off me onto Auro though and reevaluate given the new info from you. Maybe the tone will read different knowing she could be scum trying to read the likelihood of the Auro wagon at the time.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I HAVE WON AT CODING AND NOW I AM FREE

Lemme play with my dog for a bit and then I'll come back and I guess sit back down and read for a while

Did get a few pages of reading in while I was waiting on things to refresh, on p29 and leaning pretty hard towards farside/MT being scum with Auro (though yeah I probably wouldn't be leaning that hard towards farside without Starbuck's claim nudging me that way), it seems like they're just dancing around Auro for most of the early game instead of actively trying to push people towards or away from his lynch and yeah I still have to catch up to ABR-madness but I dislike that a lot more than Porkens flipping out over ABR's read change.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1441, Gammagooey wrote:Lemme play with my dog for a bit and then I'll come back and I guess sit back down and read for a while
Be careful talking about doing stuff IRL. Mafia is your life nao.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Porkens »

:roll:
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1398, VP Baltar wrote:re: Hoopla's theory on Starbuck -- I mean, maybe? It'd be a really genius level play by scum and a worthwhile trade I suppose. I have a hard time buying that's what is going on though. I would NEVER have thought of that as an actual play worth trying. Maybe I'm dumb. I sort of read Starbuck as a pretty earnest and straightforward player. That's not the type of deception I'd expect from her, which is why I believe she's being honest about her info.
well, i don't expect this type of deception from her either. but she could have scummates who have suggested this play to her.

the reason i am doubting it, is it just seems like a cheap design mechanic to give someone a 50/50 cop investigation pregame. it also seems weird not to claim it D1 and take the 50/50. but these are probably just overly paranoid rumblings. and yes, i have read her explanations. overall, starbuck has felt town, so i guess we follow her.

~~

if we're picking between these two players, i lean more towards farside. the way she pegged me as scum on D1 then completely dropped me as a scumread for no apparent reason felt ingenuine to me. like, there was no town thought process to observe that transformation.

porkens' unusual outbursts earn him another day.

VOTE: farside L-3 i believe?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:25 am

Post by farside22 »

Clap: why did you feel the need to question sb comments further? What did she say that changed your views?

Pork: I didn't say ghosted just going to be less active. There is a big difference.

Reck: my take on vp vs auro was trying to sort through both of them in different ways. In the end auro reason for scum reading me was a big pile of bs that he was latching onto.

Just an fyi i had some info too, which was why I believed star. My info helps scum more then town tbf.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Porkens »

Hey farside. I didn’t say you said you were ghosting - I said it was a good setup to ghost, but I’m glad you are not.

So the info you have makes starbuck look town. Hmm. What % confidence would you place in that?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Porkens »

let Me put that another way, does the information you have give you and reason to think she is NOT town?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Porkens »

Any not and
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1445, farside22 wrote:Just an fyi i had some info too, which was why I believed star. My info helps scum more then town tbf.
would revealing this information make it more likely we believe you to be town?

or are you planning on taking it to the grave?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”