Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1474, Untrod Tripod wrote:It is absolutely blowing my mind that you all are passing on the people on yesterday's LITERAL LAST DITCH COUNTERWAGON TO SCUM to focus on farside who did... I don't know... vaguely something???

what in the fuck is happening right now
Are you actually reading the thread or....
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1474, Untrod Tripod wrote:It is absolutely blowing my mind that you all are passing on the people on yesterday's LITERAL LAST DITCH COUNTERWAGON TO SCUM to focus on farside who did... I don't know... vaguely something???

here ya go!
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 1170, Albert B. Rampage wrote:That hammer was premature. I am not impressed with your performance Porkens.
In post 1206, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1204, Porkens wrote:
In post 1201, Albert B. Rampage wrote:you just have to take my word for it but I was about to unvote and Porkens dropped hammer so bad it should be illegal for town
He knows I’m town
I love to be scum against you, that's for sure. When you shoot us in the foot like this.
Albert knew.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Porkens »

So, who are we going to gargle today?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1098, CantHateAPuppy wrote:fwiw auro should claim now, a lot of the game rn is held up on abr trying to get this claim and the threat of l-1 so i want to see what happens when there is a claim
another good puppy post considering its position in the middle of MT and Porkens talking about the possibility of ABR scum

MT continues being a very solid candidate for "the reasonable scum" giving what seem like probably pretty accurate/true-to-self townreads and trying ever so hard to figure everything out and give reasons why she could defend a ton of stuff as being NAI and still not having a strong opinion on who she wants to actually die on page 40 something

This post from Porkens
In post 1100, Porkens wrote:VOTE: auro spiritually still on ABR

L-1 claim
feels pretty town - I think a lot of Porkens' anger could be faked or be redirected from annoyance/incredulousness of ABR's play by Porkens-scum, but if it was, it's to a) jam up the possibility of an Auro lynch as much as possible and b) to look town doing it through passion. I don't think it's likely that Porkens gives up the first part of that as scum. After Puppy (who's wagoning ABR with Porkens) at the time says that Auro should claim, Porkens giving in probably does nothing to help him as scum except get him a few Puppybuddy points, whereas I think it makes a lot more sense as town seeing that one of the only people going with him on ABR for now wants it and giving in even though he hates everything going on around him.

agree with VPB that MT's post here
Morning Tweet wrote:
some other quoted stuff here
you know what actually, whatever. i read through the past whatever amount of pages the best i could on my phone. Usually i wait till im on my PC to check everything more closely and be more organized and try not to be redundant, but this time i just posted what i was thinking as i thought it. at least i said something when i felt like not doing anything
felt a bit overdefensive
In post 1201, Albert B. Rampage wrote:you just have to take my word for it but I was about to unvote and Porkens dropped hammer so bad it should be illegal for town
heh

Porkens' post-hammer posting still feels slightly town, MT's early post-hammer posting feels slightly bad, all becomes spamposting after a few pages of actual reactions

---- day 2 I'm here hooray----
porkens self-meta is garbage b/c all self-meta is garbage

I sympathize with my hammer brother and care about him as a person and I'm not putting any alignment read whatsoever on his post after Hoopla's vote analysis

dislike some of Porkens defenses, like some of Porkens pokings at farside, gonna call them combined a wash

DONE

@UT - AGar and VPB just said it but yeah read over farside's iso - I'd like to hear what you'd think about her play in the imaginary world where one of porkos and her wasn't confirmed to be the execution today.

VOTE: farside
IF YOU VOTE FARSIDE YOU ARE HAMMERING HER THIS IS YOUR WARNING
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by Porkens »

Uggggg it’s not self meta...

Lol hammer bro
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Porkens »

God that game made me happy
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1463, Porkens wrote:Farside, let’s each put our knives down for a second and talk about starbuck. If you win this tug of war and get my lynched, I’m flipping town. I am not 100% convinced that means you are scum. I’m fairly confident, but there’s at least a 25% chunk of my brain
half of his half, your scum and I’m keeping my knife
that starbuck is trying to run the table on us. So I’ve been trying to think what if I win the tug of war and farside flips town?

Have you had any similar thoughts? Have you come up with any solution?
It's hard to imagine. I don't know if SB is the type to try to find a way to lynch 2 town players without some info that says she would be safe from anything else. Like when I flip town, there could be an investigative role that checks her. Which I would suggest.
In post 1473, Green Crayons wrote:Farside’s claim that her*
Just role related info.

I claimed as much as I'm going to. Lynch Pork tomorrow when I flip town. I'd say go after Agar too with trying to tie 2 players together with a lot of wifom post.
MT and Clap for sure.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:00 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Did Porkens claim either a role or whether he has a revelation?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Before we end today, I want to know if UT is actually tracking this game or not.

I also sort of feel like if anyone else has a 50/50, maybe we should know about it? I suspect that's not the case since ABR and Starbuck both had them it seems, but if it does exist, that'd be info we shouldn't risk to a NK
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:15 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1482, farside22 wrote: I'd say go after Agar too with trying to tie 2 players together with a lot of wifom post.
If you think looking into associations with flipped scum is WIFOM, why did you ask what information voting for no elimination would generate yesterday? If you think trying to read into interactions between two players is WIFOM, how do you propose we look for scum?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:17 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 1483, Green Crayons wrote:Did Porkens claim either a role or whether he has a revelation?
is there a pro-town reason to need this clarified right now?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:34 am

Post by Green Crayons »

because farside claiming a VT with pro-scum information seems like a bad scum strategy
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:47 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

yeah yeah I'll read up and possibly hammer

be very afraid, farside
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Starbuck »

Do you know what's beautiful? Having plans last night, getting up this morning, and only having like 3 pages to read.
In post 1439, Porkens wrote:Again, I do not have a revelation.
If the above, why the below as your first post in the game?
In post 50, Porkens wrote:
In post 1, Vi wrote:~NAME~

Welcome to Mafia of Revelations. [REDACTED].
No backing out - you're playing this game now.

Your faction wins when it is the only one remaining in the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via PM with the name of your role. The game thread can be found here. I wish you the best of luck.
My PM has something different for the bold. It's two words. I'm interested to know if this is different for everyone...?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:07 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 1487, Green Crayons wrote:because farside claiming a VT with pro-scum information seems like a bad scum strategy
so does claiming VT when you are in fact a mafia tracker, and yet here we are

i think claiming vague unverifiable info and stating that she will take it to her grave could be a way to generate some FOMO in people who are undecided and sway them towards voting Porkens instead. it's intriguing. what info could a town player be given that can only benefit scum? why would such a role exist? i want to know! if farside is executed, then i never will!

sure, if you are undecided about which way to vote, and you think the town in general is undecided, i can see how a claim from Porkens would help to make that choice. i don't think the town in general
is
undecided, hence farside being at P-1, and in that case, it's better not to give scum information about Porkens' role if he is town. and if he's scum, he dies tomorrow, and any claim on his part is utterly irrelevant.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1410, Porkens wrote:My role PM has a different little phrase than the example at the top. That made me think it was perhaps a clue to the hidden mechanic. That’s all I was referring to.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I just wanted to know if he *had* claimed, I did not demand that he do so. Just weighing into my thoughts.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:12 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1490, iamausername wrote:so does claiming VT when you are in fact a mafia tracker, and yet here we are
scum don't learn that once burned, twice shy?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1458, AGar wrote:This is inconsistent with later posting? If you've got this 50/50 that you felt necessary to bring today (I'm fine with D2 vs. D1), why are you prodding outside of it? 1-for-1 is always a transaction that benefits town, so it feels like you should be dead-set on Porkens or Farside.
It probably is. However, I was already questioning MT's defense of both Auro and Porkens during Day 1. Like she literally took it upon herself to try and explain away Auro. Given that I scum read Porkens, the PoE doesn't look that great there. I think that if Porkens flips red, on top of Auro, that there's a high chance that MT might, as well.
In post 1458, AGar wrote:Also, 1306 is an awkward presentation of the information? Idk, it's all just weird to me. I think there's no way this play comes from scum but I also just, y'know, have questions.
What questions?
In post 1458, AGar wrote:Porkens' posting today just makes me more comfortable with farside.
And this is why I wanted some help with this, I could be misreading both of them, so I wanted to bring the knowledge that I have to the table and have y'all help me sort it out.

I like your whole re-read/sorting at the bottom of this post, too.

In post 1459, Gammagooey wrote:I uh also am honestly more concerned about the possibility of Starbuck fakeclaiming because she's that convinced that Porkens is scum than her being scum making this claim because I have been burned very hard by that shit before but if Reck comes by and tells Starbuck hypothetically that it would be very not ok then I suspect everything will be fine
Why do you think Reck has this phenomenal cosmic power?
In post 1469, AGar wrote:
In post 1467, VP Baltar wrote:What is P?
MS rule today was to remove the terminology of lynch from the verbiage in all games. Would assume Vi is trying to move away from "L-X" since that invokes the same verbiage.
I was going to get ready to ask about this. I'm glad others already focused on it. I need to remove it from my vocabulary, but we'll all get there sooner or later.

SAME

In post 1487, Green Crayons wrote:because farside claiming a VT with pro-scum information seems like a bad scum strategy
+1
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:40 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1482, farside22 wrote:
In post 1463, Porkens wrote:Farside, let’s each put our knives down for a second and talk about starbuck. If you win this tug of war and get my lynched, I’m flipping town. I am not 100% convinced that means you are scum. I’m fairly confident, but there’s at least a 25% chunk of my brain
half of his half, your scum and I’m keeping my knife
that starbuck is trying to run the table on us. So I’ve been trying to think what if I win the tug of war and farside flips town?

Have you had any similar thoughts? Have you come up with any solution?
It's hard to imagine. I don't know if SB is the type to try to find a way to lynch 2 town players without some info that says she would be safe from anything else. Like when I flip town, there could be an investigative role that checks her. Which I would suggest.

In post 1473, Green Crayons wrote:Farside’s claim that her*
Just role related info.

I claimed as much as I'm going to. Lynch Pork tomorrow when I flip town. I'd say go after Agar too with trying to tie 2 players together with a lot of wifom post.
MT and Clap for sure.
Starbuck, do you have any thoughts you could share on the bold part above?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

Am I safe? No.

My revelation says that one of you two is scum. If you aren't scum, then it's farside. If farside isn't scum, it's you. If farside is hammered and flips scum, then you are confirmed town to me (and I was wholly wrong on you). If farside is hammered and flips town, then you are confirmed scum to me. And vice versa. I won't stop trying to eliminate the one that I know is scum based on the information that I have.

Right now, I don't have a definitive that says which one of you is the town role and which is the scum. The only way we'll find that out is with the elimination today.

On the investigation, I could care less if an investigative role looks at me. I'm a VT. It would be a waste. They should investigate (depending on today's flip) the other side of the 50/50 to back up the elimination tomorrow.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:00 am

Post by Starbuck »

An addendum, if we flip the scum today, the investigative role should just do whatever they want anyways because we eliminated the scum.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:07 am

Post by Porkens »

Thank you, mostly that sounds fine but one follow up:

If one of us flips town, why should the investigator check the other instead of checking you?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

okay I read farside's ISO, and I don't see anything in it that is anywhere near as damning as pushing a last-ditch counterwagon to the flipped scum. I don't see anything particularly great though, and particularly her scumread of Auro reads as very just-so. I also didn't like the fact that she kept swapping Auro between her vote and middle-of-the-pack in her scumreads. it's really weird to me that a vote she kept harping on wasn't one of her listed top scumreads.

intent to hammer

if anyone has any info that want to give us before we go to night post it in the next few hours because call me MC cuz it's hammer time babyyyyyyyyy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”