Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

Is paranoia the only thing stopping you from townreading Lilith Votato? Because if that's the case you should probably have her as town. At least for day 1. (Even though I think she's obvious)
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by votato »

although i would appreciate it if you at least pretend to scumread me, itll make me feel a bit better about myself.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by votato »

In post 450, Clover Ebi wrote:Is paranoia the only thing stopping you from townreading Lilith Votato? Because if that's the case you should probably have her as town. At least for day 1. (Even though I think she's obvious)
i do have her as town for day 1.
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by votato »

but im also very paranoid. so i keep waffling
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 447, Clover Ebi wrote:I was even using it as my frame of reference for Votato’s push on me. Although that might be a bit unfair
Can you elaborate on what this means? Was the votato in that situation scum or town?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 451, votato wrote:although i would appreciate it if you at least pretend to scumread me, itll make me feel a bit better about myself.
Okay scum
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

I don't think you should let paranoia effect your reads at least for day 1. I get some people are really good at scum, but I've got my games wrong based on paranoia before. How much do your reads change if at all if we take that factor out?
pedit: No no, I mean I was thinking back to old pushes on me from townies and trying to think/compare them to some of these
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

I have played with scum votato before but I don't think that game would help me very much
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

Yeah, I guess I'm asking whether the push that is most similar came from town or scum?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by votato »

In post 454, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 447, Clover Ebi wrote:I was even using it as my frame of reference for Votato’s push on me. Although that might be a bit unfair
Can you elaborate on what this means? Was the votato in that situation scum or town?
there is only one votato!
In post 455, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 451, votato wrote:although i would appreciate it if you at least pretend to scumread me, itll make me feel a bit better about myself.
Okay scum
yessssssss
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 459, votato wrote:there is only one votato!
errrr I meant more like "was the person who represents votato in that scenario town or scum"
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 458, lilith2013 wrote:Yeah, I guess I'm asking whether the push that is most similar came from town or scum?
Came from town
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

So are you townreading votato?
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 462, lilith2013 wrote:So are you townreading votato?
No no, what I'm saying is a referenced a town case against me to try and see if I got similar feelings to this game and I haven't got that. So, I then looked at his points themselves and I didn't really think they came from good faith
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 293, Clover Ebi wrote:I got light town pings from beeboy because of the frustration because it seemed real to me. In the game I've played with beeboy before he was cool as a cucumber. Do you think he's likely to fake this anger because it's something 'town' him most do as scum? I suppose you could make an argument for saying beeboy wouldn't get mad at scum but the main problem I have is the pretense that he's faking this and that's just not how I took it.
maybe i should reframe. it's not so much that beeboy is faking it as i have a feeling it's not how town!beeboy would react there. the aggression can be both real and also scummy. i maintain the "I see things clearly other people arent" is out of place tho.

caught up, kinda

votato talking about townblocks all the time feels like buddiyng. not to mention admits he's apathetic as town and has the second-highest posts?
midwaybear gives all kinds of thoughts/analysis and then says they have no reads in .

morning tweet seems actually engaged in sorting players.
to answer her question on tux: i did say i thought his entrance was a reach i think? but looking back, it get the feeling scum would be less likely to enter on something so.. elaborate?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Nahdia »

a lot of names i kind of just glazed over, itt.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

The more I read from this game, the more confused I get. I’m liking Votato a bit better now but I still don’t understand why Clover is his #1 scumread.

I have 0 experience with Lillith but nothing she’s posting is particularly pinging me.

Anyone here have meta on Nadhia? I’m having the most trouble trying to parse her.

@Dunn, can you please answer my Skitter question? Thanks.

And thanks @mod for preventing me from undue eyestrain.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 464, Nahdia wrote:
In post 293, Clover Ebi wrote:I got light town pings from beeboy because of the frustration because it seemed real to me. In the game I've played with beeboy before he was cool as a cucumber. Do you think he's likely to fake this anger because it's something 'town' him most do as scum? I suppose you could make an argument for saying beeboy wouldn't get mad at scum but the main problem I have is the pretense that he's faking this and that's just not how I took it.
maybe i should reframe. it's not so much that beeboy is faking it as i have a feeling it's not how town!beeboy would react there. the aggression can be both real and also scummy. i maintain the "I see things clearly other people arent" is out of place tho.

caught up, kinda

votato talking about townblocks all the time feels like buddiyng. not to mention admits he's apathetic as town and has the second-highest posts?
midwaybear gives all kinds of thoughts/analysis and then says they have no reads in .

to answer her question on tux: i did say i thought his entrance was a reach i think? but looking back, it get the feeling scum would be less likely to enter on something so.. elaborate?

That’s interesting, @votato, are you usually this engaged as town? But I don’t understand, Nahdia. Why does talking about townblocks read as buddying to you? This is my problem with you in a nutshell, you make one statement I can kind of agree with, then combine it with another that leaves me scratching my head.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 464, Nahdia wrote:maybe i should reframe. it's not so much that beeboy is faking it as i have a feeling it's not how town!beeboy would react there. the aggression can be both real and also scummy. i maintain the "I see things clearly other people arent" is out of place tho.
a slight problem i have is i don't know how beeboy can otherwise react? he was replying to tux's push on him which is just...as you would do in a game of mafia. how do you think town!beeboy would react?

although on readback, i'm not sure what he meant by "see things other people aren't seeing" either.

@beeboy; can you elaborate on that?
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 446, lilith2013 wrote:If the former - I think anyone who's played with scum!me (especially you) should recognize this is pretty far out of my scumrange. If the latter, I can pretend I'm still scumreading you if you want.
This kind of comment always feels townie to me, but i just looked through your scumgame (guns and roses iv) and errrr...i disagree. maybe i'm paranoid. i think you seem "townie" based on your fearlessness, but that's a playstyle. why do you say you're out of your scumrange?
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 464, Nahdia wrote:

caught up, kinda

That’s interesting, @votato, are you usually this engaged as town? But I don’t understand, Nahdia. Why does talking about townblocks read as buddying to you? This is my problem with you in a nutshell, you make one statement I can kind of agree with, then combine it with another that leaves me scratching my head.
the combination of talking about forming townblocks and the tone. im not sure how to better explain it, it's just something i find comes from scum. there's a lot more scum motivation in forming a townblock than town motivation.
Kanna wrote:
In post 464, Nahdia wrote:maybe i should reframe. it's not so much that beeboy is faking it as i have a feeling it's not how town!beeboy would react there. the aggression can be both real and also scummy. i maintain the "I see things clearly other people arent" is out of place tho.
a slight problem i have is i don't know how beeboy can otherwise react? he was replying to tux's push on him which is just...as you would do in a game of mafia. how do you think town!beeboy would react?

although on readback, i'm not sure what he meant by "see things other people aren't seeing" either.

@beeboy; can you elaborate on that?
i mean ive been over this but it's less the fact that he responded and more how he did so.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 466, Raven Branwen wrote:@Dunn, can you please answer my Skitter question? Thanks.
I feel like I've answer multiple times, the gist is that it seemed like a fake persona. a.k.a. not how she would naturally type out her posts, and I believe that to be scummy
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:51 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 469, Kanna wrote:
In post 446, lilith2013 wrote:If the former - I think anyone who's played with scum!me (especially you) should recognize this is pretty far out of my scumrange. If the latter, I can pretend I'm still scumreading you if you want.
This kind of comment always feels townie to me, but i just looked through your scumgame (guns and roses iv) and errrr...i disagree. maybe i'm paranoid. i think you seem "townie" based on your fearlessness, but that's a playstyle. why do you say you're out of your scumrange?
I can’t fake gamesolving on a macro level, basically. Have you read any of my other games?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:20 am

Post by skitter30 »

catching up

i'm not sure i'm really vibing the scumreads on tux or clover
i'm also not sure i see the kanna townreads

=
In post 310, votato wrote:i think assuming people are town kinda leads to complacency and insufficient critical examination. if thats your playstyle then ??? but ive never seen it before and feel that its more likely a scumslip
i've seen a few different townies just treat everyone as town until they know otherwise
or, failing that, talking to everyone as if they're town just to be polite
i'm not sure where you're seeing a scumslip here?

=
In post 323, beeboy wrote:What do you think of clovers "I can't form scum reads" typically that's scummy because scum just know everyone is town so it can be hard on them.
i actually have a similar vibe rn, so i empathize with it.
there's a few people i actively think are scummy (i.e. dunn and nahdia), and a few people that i actively think are town (i.e. you, mt), and then a bunch of people that are annoyingly in the middle that i don't have a good feel for yet

=
In post 344, Morning Tweet wrote:Skitts gave me townvibes in our previous game enough to hold me off of her wagon when it really should've been obvious :X She has a handicap where i set her a bit down in my reads on purpose cause i think regardless of alignment she's going to trick me at least once or twice
:good:

=

ok new post !
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 337, midwaybear wrote:I do not really get the votes on nahdia right now btw. The stance on beeboy's frustration with tux was fine to me. I can sorta see what they mean by that, but I still think beeboy is overall more townie. I don't really see why scum would try to paint it as a 1v1 especially if there wasn't a lot of momentum at the time.
their tone is off + i feel like they were using the beeboy/tux thing to initiate a meh push on beeboy that lacks merit and conviction

=
In post 283, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Nahdia seems to be talking about out of both sides of their mouth.
In post 330, Raven Branwen wrote:I don’t understand Nadhia at all.
can i interest either of u in voting nahdia?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”