votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:40 am

Post by votato »

Link to VC on this page.

it was too me? haha what does that mean?
Last edited by Hectic on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:41 am

Post by votato »

its also pretty easy for scum to fake and say "i have no scumreads! but dont expect me to, cuz i dont like it!"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:43 am

Post by beeboy »

I meant I wanted your thoughts on it. I used the wrong to!

But thank you, it's something I've been thinking about regarding clover and they are lower half of your POE. I want to call them town for it tbh. I really think they are pushing this frustration hard. Although a lot of this depends on the "pushed scum read" follow up they do.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Hectic »

Votecount 1.8

[3] Tuxedo Mask:
beeboy, Clover Ebi, Morning Tweet
[2] Clover Ebi:
lilith2013, votato
[2] beeboy:
Tuxedo Mask, Nahdia
[2] Nahdia:
skitter, Kanna
[1] Dunnstral:
midwaybear
[1] votato:
Dunnstral

[2] Not Voting:
drusilla, Raven Branwen

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to throw someone down the well.
The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-10 09:18:09).
Last edited by Hectic on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Hectic »

Dunnstral has heard the stories about votato. He has been the source of great debate for many scholars and academics, who have dedicated their lives to researching whether he's a donkey or a donkey-unicorn. No one has discovered the truth yet, and he is currently classified as a unikey, or sometimes referred to as a donkorn.
Dunnstral thinks something so rare would make a fantastic gift to the well.

Last edited by Hectic on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

@Dunn, what makes you think Skitter’s posting is “fake”?
I don’t understand Nadhia at all.

@Votato, what is so scummy about Clover not having any confident scumreads early on D1?
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 321, votato wrote:tux is town. lilith is town? kanna is a bit townie based on first impression. but again, need a lot more content. morning is townish, but need a bit more. im less confident in morning being town than most games. could be the gamblers fallacy making me skeptical, or maybe its something else. but town for now. skitter gives me townvibes, but need to see more content. beeboy gives early townvibes? but has been strange. its page 13, so thats about all youre gonna get. that leaves a PoE of
{clover, midway, nahdia, raven, drusilla}. midway im not willing to lynch at this stage, but mostly because hes LHF and will probably be obvscum later on if scum. im happy leaving my vote on clover pending content from the other slots.
Three of your possible PoE could also be argued as LHF, two of which haven’t posted much content. Why is your focus more on posters with less content than more active posters?

This is pinging me a bit. It reads like, if I can’t push Clover, i’ll shift my focus to the lower content posters, which in general is something scum tends to do more than town.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:10 am

Post by votato »

In post 331, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 321, votato wrote:tux is town. lilith is town? kanna is a bit townie based on first impression. but again, need a lot more content. morning is townish, but need a bit more. im less confident in morning being town than most games. could be the gamblers fallacy making me skeptical, or maybe its something else. but town for now. skitter gives me townvibes, but need to see more content. beeboy gives early townvibes? but has been strange. its page 13, so thats about all youre gonna get. that leaves a PoE of
{clover, midway, nahdia, raven, drusilla}. midway im not willing to lynch at this stage, but mostly because hes LHF and will probably be obvscum later on if scum. im happy leaving my vote on clover pending content from the other slots.
Three of your possible PoE could also be argued as LHF, two of which haven’t posted much content. Why is your focus more on posters with less content than more active posters?

This is pinging me a bit. It reads like, if I can’t push Clover, i’ll shift my focus to the lower content posters, which in general is something scum tends to do more than town.
except i didnt say i scumread them. theyre in my PoE, as in im convinced most people are town. clover is my strong scumread, the others in my PoE are just that - not yet sorted.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:11 am

Post by votato »

Spoiler:
In post 329, Hectic wrote:
Dunnstral has heard the stories about votato. He has been the source of great debate for many scholars and academics, who have dedicated their lives to researching whether he's a donkey or a donkey-unicorn. No one has discovered the truth yet, and he is currently classified as a unikey, or sometimes referred to as a donkorn.
Dunnstral thinks something so rare would make a fantastic gift to the well.

one thing was for certain. votato sure was gorgeous. too gorgeous to be killed, they all thought.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Oh i see now. I did not like how Nahdia called Clover scummy for just having townreads -- i see that they mentioned it was a misunderstanding. Today i understand what Nahdia is saying a bit better now, but I disagree-- I thought Tux was primarily focused on the 1v1 at the time, beeboy wasn't making that up
In post 263, Nahdia wrote:
skitter30 wrote:
In post 250, Nahdia wrote:and suddenly beeboy is smearing him as "centering all his content around this 1v1" (I explained why this doesn't make sense)
tbh i feel like this is more you smearing beeboy than beeboy smearing tux
like he's right, tux was largely engaging wrt beeboy and not doing much else
i'm not sure i agree with the connotation (i.e. that it's scummy taht tux is doing such) but i'm also not sure it's scummy of beeboy to say this either, because i can understand why beeboy felt that way

also i feel like is a townie reaction to what you said about beeboy's push, no?

also you're right in that you dropped your clover push, i retract that part of my push
okay well i dont understand why beeboy felt that way. or at least, i dont see why town decides it's a reason someone is scum. hence a stretch.
Kind of weird we're talking about pushes that are stretches, but you haven't commented on Tuxes' push itself which i thought was the
real
stretch. Maybe you missed me asking in , or do you not have an opinion on it?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

glares at Tux
(►˛◄’!)

i was liking tux more while skimming in bed actually
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 264, votato wrote:I'm not the only one getting funky vibe from tux am i? You feel a little bit different here tux. I haven't seen you analyze the minutiae of peoples posts to this extent before
This is exactly what i was feeling yesterday. The past couple of times Tux came out swinging and he was my first townread two consecutive games in a row (although in Treestump i think i was alone on that. hmph)

Like in kill switch he started off proposing we don't discuss reads and that we simply use consensus on whether or not to activate the switches. In Treestump, he theorized that we could confirm a player or two as town as long as Chem was town (on the early L-1 wagon), since scum would simply quick hammer.

Actually thinking about that now, those were both related to special setup mechanics. Maybe the setup not having special mechanics is changing how he opens -- Obviously that doesn't change how he did stand out as townie in those games but it makes me wonder
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by midwaybear »

I do not really get the votes on nahdia right now btw. The stance on beeboy's frustration with tux was fine to me. I can sorta see what they mean by that, but I still think beeboy is overall more townie. I don't really see why scum would try to paint it as a 1v1 especially if there wasn't a lot of momentum at the time.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Spoiler: dunn and votato
In post 271, votato wrote:
In post 268, Dunnstral wrote:When you scumread me early and then townread me but kept your vote on me, and then later when pressure stayed on me you said 'the logical conclusion is that Dunn is scum' or something to that effect
i think i concluded that you were likely town?
In post 272, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 124, votato wrote:i think skitter is town and lilith is prolly townish, but i think for lilith ill wait until later to sort her. i get solid townpings from votato. perhaps my strongest townread. something is off for sure about dunnstral. the logical conclusion is that dunn is scum.
In post 273, Dunnstral wrote:My eyes are drawn to my name like a moth is drawn to a flame which provokes a primal rage that makes me not read the surrounding posts. Why are you talking about yourself like that in that post?

It's almost like that post was meant for somebody else to post...
In post 276, votato wrote:
In post 273, Dunnstral wrote:My eyes are drawn to my name like a moth is drawn to a flame which provokes a primal rage that makes me not read the surrounding posts. Why are you talking about yourself like that in that post?

You're being silly. I pretty frequently include myself in early game read lists and say i townread myself
In post 277, votato wrote:as for the part of my realist directed at you I'm not sure what i meant tbh. You're in my townpile, and i think you were at that point too
In post 279, votato wrote:i think the logical conclusion was that dunn was scum but the logic was wrong? I think i posted that before going into a meeting yesterday and may have hit submit prematurely. It doesn't make sense
Lol what? I don't know how "something is off for sure about dunnstral. the logical conclusion is that dunn is scum." can possibly translate to votato townreading Dunn at the time.

I think that votato genuinely didn't mean to word it that way (as he says), which means he did likely townread Dunn consistently. OH! That means that votato was going off of his memory of his reads rather than searching back through his posts. Because if he were to look back in an attempt to keep it consistent, he'd see that he was scumreading Dunn earlier. Instead he said what was in his head without looking back, then doubled down on that as being correct when asked

of course, scum doesn't have to look back to check their reads. But keeping track to make sure their story is consistent is something i expect scum to do at least sometimes, and votato wasn't doing that here.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 304, beeboy wrote:Also I feel like you are just lacking a certain level of aggro compared to the rest of the playerlist. If this is the style of game you like I think your reasoning and pushes should be more like leading the charge yourself I guess? I am not basing this on meta and more just your comment on the game relative to how your playing. Like to put it the best I can I think your adding on to what is going on / analyzing the field. While i feel like you implied you like the more leadership approach people are taking to the game.

I am not voting you because I am not sure I have enough yet but that is what is going through my head.
I do not really understand this quote from beeboy, but maybe his way of scumhunting is too bigbrain for me.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

super busy day, i'll try to get around tonight, but if not, then tomorrow

semi vla cuz i'm moving
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 283, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Well since every single player has joined in to call me wrong for my suspicions of you, it is at the very least NAI to disagree with me.

As for specifics, when it comes to the Dunnstral, Lilith, Skitter, Votato early wagon group, I think Lilith comes out looking the best. MT feels like town MT I've played with before, even if hurts to be on receiving end of their wrath (I do feel intimidated Hectic). Kanna gives me tonal pings, and it might be influenced that they seem to be the first player I seem to have gotten through to somewhat this game. Which might not be the best reason, but it feels good to be seen.

Nahdia seems to be talking about out of both sides of their mouth. They seem to agree with everyone my Beeboy case was trash, yet they go after you for how you respond to it. It felt weird, but their elaboration since has felt better.
In post 284, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 282, votato wrote:Also how should i have responded to your question about enjoying the game? Had i not said it was nai you'd think i was scum for enjoying the game. Since i said it you think im scum for pointing it out. That's conf bias
That's fair. I guess I more expected town you do something goofy? Even encourage me scum reading you for it? Instead, you gave a bland serious answer.
This is better posting by Tux. I specifically like how he calls Nahdia's elaboration since better (rather than just give a blanket statement that nahdia is scum, especially when many have expressed suspicions on Nahdia recently). I also see what he means with votato
In post 300, votato wrote:
In post 298, midwaybear wrote:I don't really get votato's read on tux. It seems to me like he is calling him out for not playing like town tux, but also not willing to call him scum.
there were some posts that didnt seem like town!tux. but recently it has been town!tux. at first i was getting scumpings, but the read turned around and im pretty confident in saying that tux is town atm.
Pretty confident you say? Townblock confidence? I have Tux towards the high end of my town inclines, maybe a full town lean now
In post 305, Clover Ebi wrote:My main problem this game is it's page 13 and I have no confident scumreads yet whew. Am I giving too much leeway perhaps? Na, this'll change soon probably. Also MS why are you acting so weird
do you usually have scumreads this early, or is this normal for you to mostly just have townreads?
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 216, drusilla wrote:could you answer this please:
In post 167, drusilla wrote:
In post 164, beeboy wrote:Why is there a 25 minute gap between your initial read and the elaboration to it without new information?
In post 165, beeboy wrote:Basically what I am getting at is your retroactively justifying a read based on my thread opening.
do you think the elaboration was due to your/votato's reaction to the original post?
i guess beeboy is going to continue to ignore me. in post he is self-conscious about commenting on the time stamps which would imply he had thought about it but in context it doesn't really make sense to me. tuxedo mask made his first post, then votato and beeboy each commented on it, then tuxedo mask elaborated on his first post. like it was a response to those. at least that's how i read it.
In post 272, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 124, votato wrote:i think skitter is town and lilith is prolly townish, but i think for lilith ill wait until later to sort her. i get solid townpings from votato. perhaps my strongest townread. something is off for sure about dunnstral. the logical conclusion is that dunn is scum.

this doesn't feel like a real thought. are you saying that votato might have written that post for somebody else to post but mistakenly posted it himself? or somebody else wrote that for somebody else to post and votato misunderstood and posted it? neither makes much sense to me.
why are the stars dancing?
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 341, Morning Tweet wrote:This is better posting by Tux. I specifically like how he calls Nahdia's elaboration since better (rather than just give a blanket statement that nahdia is scum, especially when many have expressed suspicions on Nahdia recently). I also see what he means with votato
how do you feel about tuxedo mask disengaging from both votato and beeboy?
why are the stars dancing?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 316, Clover Ebi wrote:Tux and Votato are the closest to people I would vote/have voted and since Votato doesn't bus I was curious how they'd react to each other. Don't really know if I got the results I wanted though this game is super odd.
In post 320, Clover Ebi wrote:I'm gonna go lay down because I'm starting to talk myself into scumreading slots because the fact I don't have any strong ones yet is weirding me out/bothering me so much when really the game just started and it shouldn't be that big a deal.
Ooh I like these. Sounds a lot like how i feel in some games. I could see people interpreting this as scummy, but i find that it's really difficult to get decent scumreads D1 as town. maybe more than scum
Hm i mostly agree with this. It feels like a lot of players this game have similar reads, with maybe Clover and votato being the most controversial ? Both are some of my more liked townreads

Leantown on Tux. Votato, Dunn, and Clover i'm inclined to think are town as well. I have lilith there too but i forget exactly why.

Skitts gave me townvibes in our previous game enough to hold me off of her wagon when it really should've been obvious :X She has a handicap where i set her a bit down in my reads on purpose cause i think regardless of alignment she's going to trick me at least once or twice

Beeboy I mostly recall fluffposting as well as engaging with Tuxes scumread which i agree wasn't well founded, however, i think it's not inherently towny to think that since it felt pretty clear. Oh I do lightly like 296 though since he's fair to both Tux and Nahdia

i don't know anything about midway's scumgame but i am a bit wary of lynching them early as well based off my previous game with him
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by votato »

yes morning, i would be honored to form our usual townbloc. tux is invited too.

drusilla what are your reads?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by midwaybear »

why is everyone afraid to lynch me because of my town meta? I just want to be townie for once :)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 343, drusilla wrote:
In post 341, Morning Tweet wrote:This is better posting by Tux. I specifically like how he calls Nahdia's elaboration since better (rather than just give a blanket statement that nahdia is scum, especially when many have expressed suspicions on Nahdia recently). I also see what he means with votato
how do you feel about tuxedo mask disengaging from both votato and beeboy?
Was there more to talk about with regards to beeboy? I recall Tux wrapping that up since it seemed most people disagreed. It didn't seem like it was going anywhere to me

With votato hmm. Do you mean ? votato had just said "well i townread you now lets townblock" and tux replied "We'll see" and asked a question. I don't think i see what you're getting at
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 346, midwaybear wrote:why is everyone afraid to lynch me because of my town meta? I just want to be townie for once :)
is that smiley hiding some deeper sense of nervousness? Be honest, i can sense emotion through emoticons (¬‿¬)
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by midwaybear »

also, MT, the game I played with you is not really representative of my normal play. I do not think dunnstral has been that townie btw

pedit: I was going to do the crying emoji, but I decided to do the smiling one. Take that as you will. I don't know what it means

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”