Micro 942: Blood on the Clocktower - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by Auro »

I would execute Elbirn for the lulz
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Me too, tbh. Guys been adamant it was me + you. :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by Auro »

It's kinda evident that Nahdia's scum now, no?
I just quickly jotted down notes, anyway:

1. What is Elements' partner doing? A50 doesn't even seem to care much, he left that vote as a favor to me and then retracted it anyway. Absolutely no panic in this thread apart from me.
2. Skitter voted Elements inspite of their townread with a "ahhhhhhhh sorry :/", conveniently forgot that a Minion execution was a waste last day, and that Nahdia+A50 makes much more mechanical sense than Elements today
3. Skitter jumped on Elements' weird play (which I can't defend easily) pretty aggressively, and is way too comfortable with her vote
4. Why do you guys suppose the Undertaker was killed N1 over the Monk? Imp was more afraid of Drixx's "Chef or drunk" result when Skitter had 0 neighboring pairs as a result, over a Monk who could negate any NK? (Hint: if Skitter was Minion, Drixx's result would've made it much harder for the scumteam)
5. Nahdia nominated Skitter D1, BUT she soft defended Skitter during that nomination phase pretty hard. She panicked, and also requested a private thread just with Skitter. Fishy, no?
6. Nahdia requested a PT with Skitter only again the next day. Outside of LyLo these were the only 2-person requests outside the IC.
7. I was creating self-associations with Nahdia today and both Drixx and Elbirn got :?: , Skitter didn't even react to it
8. Skitter apparently did some meta study, but comes out with nothing convincing? The best she's got is something along the lines of Nahdia's play being different from other scumgames, and Ame's scumrange being broader than she thought. These do not feel like legitimate conclusions, rather emptyposts just to fit more comfortably with her agenda.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by Auro »

My biggest tactical mistake was probably the Drixx scumread and arguing that a Drixx NK was good. Although I do feel it was good in that I might have wasted an execution on Drixx via scumread by play, in retrospect he would've gotten that result, and the lack of NK should have stopped me.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by Auro »

Anyway, the nomination phase ended I see: Nahdia, if you're scum can you just claim no nominate so the game ends?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

So, it's over? *Sigh*

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:41 pm

Post by Auro »

A50, so you WERE town right?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Nah! I was the Minion. (And I felt REALLY BAD about having pocketed you so hard).. I mean, honestly, and from a totally neutral PoV I thought you played the best of all 9 of us, so it was kinda unfair that did everything right and still came to the wrong conclusion.

I ain't gonna spoil the funm so I won't be telling you whether we won or lost. I'll leave that to the MOD to declare. After all, the game is technically over, but not officially.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by Auro »

Well, a huge reason for the pocket was my very strong belief in Skitter being the Minion! Outside of that I would've been way more comfortable with the idea that you were Minion in my head.
Even then, I read it as A50+Nahdia, so I didn't really care much; but if it's A50+Elements then I was pretty wrong :P

Skitter, why would you waste an execution on A50 when we could've had consecutive shots on Nahdia and Elements for the win :( I basically took that as a scumclaim from you
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by Auro »

Also, I don't get the Monk fakeclaim as Minion after Firebringer IC'd: conflicts apart, if a NK on your target went through that's a scumclaim anyway. What prompted you to choose that particular fakeclaim?

I'm assuming this is what Nahdia meant when she said I'd be surprised, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's you+Nahdia, I'd be surprised if it's you+Elements :P that would require an exact series of Poisons, right?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I can't answer the second part yet, but the first part I just didn't know what to claim, and I had faith in my partner to "do the right thing". Plus, I had the option of either pretending to be Drunk 9that would have REALLY messed up everything) or change my claim (which I did, but it was forced not planned).

I mean your strategy cornered me right from the start, man. I was up against a mountain from the get go. I used up almost all my arsenal of tricks to try and survive, but then skitter was there too 9and once she SR'd me there's no changing her mind. Not even with a Cop clear in a Normal game) :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I lso had to claim something that had a night action, so I won't be disposable on D1, y'know.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I guess I should have gone for Saint, maybe??

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by Auro »

As Minion you'd *want* to get executed as the game goes on though! You eat up one of the available executions, and therefore it's a pretty fine idea to play the jester. Of course, you would want to survive to later stages though.

The correct play for Demon outside this would be to claim a free information role (similar to Elbirn's Washerwoman) and then "accidentally" let out that you're role X. A little risky, but I don't think people would have minded too much, and it negates at least that part of the strategy ;)
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 3612, Almost50 wrote:I guess I should have gone for Saint, maybe??
You can't have claimed Saint because you had already claimed Not Outsider. As Minion, yes, it would've been good play to claim Saint much earlier - that even prevents Fire from getting confirmed! And the resulting paranoia means town doesn't want to execute you, and you can tailor your play to get scummier and scummier with time, and perhaps eat up the LyLo execution to hand your team the win... oh my, that would have been exciting to watch.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Well, you live, you play and you learn. Thanks for the tip.

Btw, I was a Poisoner indeed, and the NK never hit someone I poisoned. In fact, my p ALWAYS hit the one I wanted then to hit. We didn't need a Scum PT. It was like.. telepathy.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by Auro »

I still have to come to terms with this (assuming you're saying the truth, of course) :P

Apologies @ Skitter for the heaviest tunnel I've ever had and getting you executed D1, lol. And Skitter's such a nice sport too for not hating me through all this :lol: A learning experience, I guess.
Almost50 wrote:Well, you live, you play and you learn. Thanks for the tip.

Btw, I was a Poisoner indeed, and the NK never hit someone I poisoned. In fact, my p ALWAYS hit the one I wanted then to hit. We didn't need a Scum PT. It was like.. telepathy.
You'd have to be a Poisoner mechanically I believe. I hope X conducts a larger version of this. :D I'll be happy to have more strategy talk anytime, btw.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I sure hope X runs it too (OR someone else can run it if X wants to be my scum p) :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Now imagine a scum team of A50/Xtoxm/Auro/skitter. Pick any 3 of that list to become the scum team in a 13-players version of this setup (of course there will be a few more roles added to the list). Provided the Town ALSO has as strong players as this town did, that would be a hell of a game to play.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OR.. we can all be town and have FL rill scum with Bingle and they beat us anyway. :lol:

P.S. Boy am I glad cerb doesn't play open setups. And btw, the difference between cerb and Drixx is this: Drixx is the more tactical head of the RR hydra, while cerb is the more presentable one. They're both powerful players individually, but when they combine their powers they complete each other.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by Auro »

Oh yes, games where everyone is competent as both alignments and also active would be a treat to play in :D

I'm kinda burnt out from playing scum though and that makes me not want to sign up for games :(
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:33 pm

Post by Auro »

Anyway, this conversation has been pretty amusing. Because I'm the Minion lol, and my bus play on Nahdia worked pretty damn well :D
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I .. I hope you're just messing, man! Please tell me this IS a bluff.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:47 pm

Post by Auro »

Auro always has the last laugh ;)

After the game seemed to just scumread anyone I called town, I figured I could call the most obvious suspect (i.e. you) town which would just fuel this even further, and then continue to reverse psychology people. Since Nahdia was able to charisma pretty easily, and my charisma was having the exact opposite effect, it was pretty easy to abuse.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:55 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Well, I honestly didn't see this one coming. I didn't know if we won or lost (hence avoided talking about that because if I got it wrong the townie of the two would have spoiled it for me), but no matter which of Nahdia/Elements was Scum I would have NEVER guessed you were their Minion. :facepalm:

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”