maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 771, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 746, maxwell wrote:S_S's intro is meh. I really really really dislike that he put all his effort into talking about mechanics with no commentary on anyone in the game when there's plenty of material to go off.
Hello, nice to meet you! I am sorry that you dislike that.

I caught up on my phone while on a car ride home from a vacation (don't freak out, I wasn't driving). I harbor no illusion about my ability to formulate, remember, and coherently express reads in such conditions (my ability to do so while catching up is dubious in the best of situations).

On the other hand, I can, and will, give detailed mechanical discussion without having a great sense of the game's history. In fact, if anything, this will serve as a jumping off point for engagement going forward. I can't say I'm surprised that you don't like it-- there's usually SOMEONE-- but I can assure you it is both in good faith and for the best.
All right but I'm running out of patience for the aimless durdling most people produce when commenting on the setup.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Please do not forget the Ship Inspection part, there`s a lot more people voting for lynch than voting for ship inspections.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Just do as me. Give off no notions that i’d grant any wisdom regarding the setup or our best move forward whatsoever.
Ahh~ The freedom of letting other people do all the work.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by maxwell »

And yet you're actually voting for an inspection which is a fair step better than a majority of players in the game.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 401, Menalque wrote:I don’t really see anything that jumps as town to me in the ISO, but I think the way [notscience] tried to pressure username only to back off when he realised who it was/that it wasn’t gonna go as anticipated is scummy
I disagree. To me, both notscience and username came away from that interaction looking townier. Notscience's trajectory of scumreading what he perceived as faked anger into asking others to vote with him into apologizing after realizing who username is does not in any way resemble a scum plan to me.

I think that in general scum plan things less than people think they do, but let's say that notscience did plan a push on username. If he were scum, why would he back down upon username giving his real identity? If notscience's plan was to push him for "faked anger", I don't think that the reveal of the identity would have changed anything. It makes more sense to me viewed as notscience realizing that the anger really isn't forced given the knowledge of username's true identity.

As for why username came off of it townier I won't go too deep into it, although I will say that I think is a somewhat towny post. I'm sort of projecting my own experiences there – personally as town I've had it multiple times where people have accused me of something and I just think "Really? You think that I would do
that
as scum?", whereas I think scum would have a different reaction.

Umlaut's calling this post "much better reasoned" does him no favors in my eyes, especially considering that this post is more of an assertion than a line of reasoning.

--
In post 427, Menalque wrote:
In post 426, Radical Rat wrote:But, until I get more experience with you, it also means that I can't trust myself to determine whether you're doing scummy things because you're Town being weird, or Scum using that as a shield.
Not being able to read me is fine, but does it not make more sense to default to assuming I’m town than assuming I’m scum given that there is a much higher mathematical chance of that in any given game?
Bleh.

--
In post 453, Radical Rat wrote:I'm getting scum vibes here. Like "Oh darn, it sure is a shame I rolled TOWN and not scum, because I'm TOWN, and also I should mention I'm TOWN!"
I also found the rest of their posts to be largely fluff with no real conviction.
It's funny you should call my posts fluff, because I've done basically nothing except talk about the game. With the exception of a single tangent to illustrate a point, I think I've talked pretty much exclusively about reads.

--
Looking at , I'm beginning to understand people's scumreads on Datisi.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by Moment »

Please understand that I don't mean it in an offensive manner when I say that Datisi's understanding of posts seems somewhat off. A lot of the questions in such as the Donnie Brasco, 14/17, and other questions to Alisae seem a lot like just basic matter of comprehension. Again, not trying to be condescending or anything, moreso trying to make a point that I think has already been made somewhere about cognitive load and how scum have a harder time with it. Datisi even explicitly said that , and then asks whether or not it was a joke anyways in 469.

--
In post 490, Titus wrote:I don't like EE being wagoned here. He's not defensive enough to be scum IMO. It's a meta read which is blah but it's better than most anything else on day 1.
Inquiring minds want to know – what exactly is your read history with Norwegian? Do you consistently read him correctly?

--
Maki's posts starting from I quite like. Perhaps she's finally town? I suppose my revenge must wait for another day.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 524, Umlaut wrote: Scattered thoughts:
I think we all agree Menalque is town.
I think not.
I think there's a high probability there is at least one smuggler in those who haven't posted since NK15 outed. (Which is six players so that's not a hugely impressive deduction I guess)
Why? Is there something causal about not posting since NK15 posted and being scum, or is this just a comment on the specific people who make up that group?

--
Townreads, strongest to weakest:
{Titus, Maki Harukawa, username, notscience, maxwell}
{Alisae, Hel}
{Radical Rat}

Vote: Umalut
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:42 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 781, Moment wrote:Townreads, strongest to weakest:
{Titus, Maki Harukawa, username, notscience, maxwell}
{Alisae, Hel}
{Radical Rat}
I suppose I should mention that this leaves only {GuiltyLion, SS, Datisi, Menalque, Iconeum, Umlaut, Norwegian}. Of the seven, I think scum is most likely in {Datisi, Menalque, Umalut, Norwegian}, although obviously I recognize that that's just taking out the people who haven't posted much. (With the exception of GL, whose posts around page 28 are fairly good).

--
In post 618, Datisi wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 607, Hel wrote:Taking out all the fluff
So you admit to fluffposting? :shifty:
Spoiler: :thonk:
In post 36, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 35, Menalque wrote:
this is incredibly petty but: FakeGod, my name takes a capital at the start, if you wouldn’t mind for future VCs
Jeez, at least your name was spelled right. Have some gratitude ya snob.
In post 70, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Fun fact, i've got a folder of anime girl reaction pics too. But i've never had the guts to do the gimmick in a mafia game yet.
In post 82, NorwegianboyEE wrote:This game has too many weebs already, if i go all out here then people might start puking rainbows.
I'll try to restrain myself...
In post 105, NorwegianboyEE wrote:These spambots are getting quite advanced.
In post 129, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 127, Datisi wrote:oh, can i add character images to my posts too?
No.
In post 219, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Whichever corrupt officials are bringing illegal goods in our perfectly legitimate copper business need to pay in blood. Now excuse me while i prepare myself some Earl Grey tea. It’s the finest.
In post 268, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 264, username wrote:I will always and forever, regardless of alignment or even in MD, have nothing but contempt from the very bowels of the most ragefilled hell for "shitposting meta" in games
Aw boo hoo.
In post 430, NorwegianboyEE wrote:No way i'm listening to the plan of some no good no-avatar hooligan. NO SIR-E-BOB!
In post 431, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 418, Alisae wrote:LeTs UsE aS mUcH aS tHe DeAdLiNe As PoSsiBlE.
We HaVe To UsE aLl Of ThE tImE GiVeN tO uS tO mAkE tHe BeSt DeCiSsIoN pOsSiBlE.
You're my spirit animal.
In post 433, NorwegianboyEE wrote:In fact,
Here @NK15

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=83480&start=125

Go get yourself an anime avatar UwU.
In post 503, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 501, Menalque wrote:is backing the terrible “clowned” replacement option,
Ew
In post 504, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Only i should be allowed to use that term.
In post 534, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 533, Umlaut wrote:I need to think more.
I'm starting to question why i signed up to a game that requires thinking.
In post 610, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Only cowards care about what pedits say.
In post 611, NorwegianboyEE wrote:(Also i’m phone posting so that really makes me care even less)
RAW UNFILTERED UNCENSORED NORWEE Right here, right now.

norwee can you respond to my pretty please?
Just going to put this interaction in the back pocket for now.

--
In post 642, Umlaut wrote:Everyone fluffposts, there's no reason not to admit to it, and there's nothing suspicious about admitting to it especially when it's as obvious as it is in Hel's case.
Take that back. I've never made a fluffpost in my life, and I don't even know what jokes are. I won't stand for this kind of accusation.

--
In post 744, Alisae wrote:
In post 743, Menalque wrote:Maki did have a point and I’m already at 125 posts
who cares
It matters. This game isn't moving at the breakneck pace that I've had to deal with before, but post count is a real consideration, and one that often goes ignored. To be fair, I think that in this game it matters less given that the game is ending earlier than normal one way or another, but still.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 782, Moment wrote:Take that back. I've never made a fluffpost in my life, and I don't even know what jokes are.
Maybe that's why you scumread me.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by Moment »

I saw people voting for a "clown" and I guess I just couldn't see a better option.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:41 pm

Post by Alisae »

ok
why are people reading maki as town
i'm not sure I should be going that far atm, I kind of want a bit more from her
GTKAS
| here.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:49 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 784, Moment wrote:I saw people voting for a "clown" and I guess I just couldn't see a better option.
My avatar may be clownpiece, an hell fairy subordinate to the Goddess of Hell. But that's no reason to discriminate!

- Bunno
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 786, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 784, Moment wrote:I saw people voting for a "clown" and I guess I just couldn't see a better option.
My avatar may be clownpiece, an hell fairy subordinate to the Goddess of Hell. But that's no reason to discriminate!
GTKAS
| here.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Thanks.

- Bunno
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:10 pm

Post by Hel »

In post 759, FakeGod wrote:
VoteCount 1.9

NorwegianboyEE [2] - Hel, Moment

I am shipping...

Wheat
[3] - Datisi, Hel, Moment

Let's Inspect...

Copper
[2] - Hel, Moment
Hectic
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:15 pm

Post by Hel »

@notscience: Norwee's not towntold in any way yet. I've got a reliable-ish way of reading him nowadays. Outside of that I guess it's tone, and the way he attacked me felt kinda fabricated.

I like GuiltyLion's recent posts and want to jester him less than before.
Hectic
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by Hel »

In post 684, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 682, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why do you townread me GL?
I like all of your reads and pushes holistically, especially that one where you gave reads on all the players you've played with, I feel like you're seeing the game the same way I am and I don't smell any bs in your pushes
I didn't like this though.
In post 535, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 0, FakeGod wrote:
Titus

Alisae

Maki Harukawa

username
Moment
GuiltyLion

Something_Smart

Datisi

Not Known 15

maxwell
Menalque

Hel
Iconeum
Radical Rat
notscience
Umlaut
So these are my current thoughts.
Green: Player i am familiar with that i townread.
Yellow: Player i'm familiar with that i do not currently townread.
This doesn't even have reasons attached. How can you "especially like" it?
Hectic
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 790, Hel wrote:I've got a reliable-ish way of reading him nowadays.
And how am i supposed to take this when i don't know who you are? Meta reading me but i can't meta read you? What is this unfair advantage?

- Bunno
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Hel »

True, I guess I shouldn't talk about meta if I'm alting. Too late now though.
Hectic
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

The fact that you bring up my meta as a reason for scumreading me, but don’t specifically explain what experience you have to make this read makes for an entirely meaningless argument.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:31 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You can say you don’t see any reason to townread me, i get it. But don’t being up this "he’s not playing to his town meta" shaite unless you’ve got specific examples of my towngames and how i’m deviating from it.

- Bunno
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by Hel »

notscience asked why and I explained. The meta side isn't gonna sell him ofc but it's part of the reason why my vote is on you. Transparency and all that.

Let's talk about something else then. How do you feel about a Tomboy Daughter being in [Something_Smart, Radical Rat, Iconeum]?
Hectic
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:33 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 130, Alisae wrote:VOTE: Iconeum
OMGUS
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don’t intend to talk about the Tomboy Daughter at all unless it’s intended to obscure their identity from scum.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think i know who you are Hel, but i won’t guess since i assume you want it to remain hidden.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”