maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:09 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 921, maxwell wrote:
In post 910, Something_Smart wrote:Let's see a VC before we get ahead of ourselves.

I think the best way forward here is for Icon to pick a group of 2-3 to inspect. To minimize info leak, they could maybe do it randomly, or semi-randomly (exclude an unstated pool of townreads, and randomize from among the rest), but I'm okay with either. (Of course, don't offer justification for any player's inclusion/exclusion.)
I agree with this and think Ico should play everything close to the vest from this point forward and avoid giving reads as further information only benefits scum. I think the pool should probably be come from suspicious people but if it's not sure of its reads then it can randomize the selection (excluding the TD as a possibility, obviously). Thinking on this: if the pool if 5 players and we hit tea, then we can eliminate one and check half of the remaining 4 on the next day, either we get a tea result and eliminate in that 50/50, or we don't and know we can eliminate in the other 50/50. This gives us at least 1 guaranteed scum elimination by day 4, which we need to not lose. If those 5 get cleared, that kind of sucks but we just have to hunt in the remaining pool. If we do a pool of 3 instead, we can guarantee a scum elimination by day 3 if we hit tea, if we don't, we can do another pool of 3 and hope to hit tea there and guarantee an elimination by day 4. A pool of 4 just seems like an unhappy medium now that I look at it this way. I think I might prefer the group of 5 method in this case because it gets us more information sooner but I'm willing to listen to what other people think.
Right, just realized we can pick 5 today and if we miss we can do 3 tomorrow and cross our fingers, if we can't find one scum in 9/15 players (the checks+today's vote) then we probably deserve to lose the game anyway.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Scumreads:
-NorwegianboyEE
In post 483, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh wait!
Execute Maxwell
This can be my standard "Don’t really know where to vote so i’ll park here" slot.
Sounds a bit more complicated than normal
In post 563, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 562, Radical Rat wrote:Tentative scumteam guess: notscience/Hel/Moment.
I like those spicy reads.
In fact i don’t really like this slot. I think they’re trying to fake a "lolmeme" playstyle.
Vote Execute Hel
They like these reads... but vote for Hel(1 vote) instead of notscience(3 votes,
one directly above their post
).
In post 657, Alisae wrote:do u even have reads
In post 659, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I have reads but they are mostly gut. I think u are town tho.
Gut reads are an easy hide place for scum lacking true reads. And they do not say on whom these reads are.

-notscience

Mainly for triggering kuribo`s rage that way, but also because after that, there are almost exclusively shitposts(or defense), as if they are scum trying to hide connections to their other scummates(instead of scumhunting), which they probably are.

-Hel
Their disruptive posts also very rarely contain reads or pushes. Looks like scum going the "go crazy to get townread" route to me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Titus »

I'm ok with an execution/invest on NK 15.

Am I reading right that both Hel and Ico are claiming PA now?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Hel's claim was a joke. Ico is uncc'd.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:15 am

Post by notscience »

So your big reads you were hiding were lolposters and me for triggering the rage of someone I didn’t realize who they were (and lolposting)

Okay buddy, that’s clearly a town train of thought
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Moment »

In post 887, Menalque wrote:@moment why are you not townreading me?
Should I be? I don't think you've done anything particularly town-indicative, you're voting the counterwagon to my top suspect, and said top suspect has rather strange interactions with you. Of course, I don't claim to already know two scum with 100% certainty, but I'd say the evidence is against you more than it is for you.

--
In post 915, Menalque wrote:It seems odd that scum!nk would insist on getting to choose the lynch while knowing that the town!PA is out there somewhere and able to CC at any point

And if he really thought it was me and he’s scum, then why worry about it so much? Idk maybe it’s worth it if the equation was that if I was town I never could CC because it would out the tombody daughter but idk

I’m thinking NK town
I'm inclined to agree. I don't see what NK15 did as anything resembling a real scum plan.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Menalque »

I think it’s strange given your townreads that I’m not also in your townreads, yes. What’s strange about my interactions with umlaut?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:17 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 698, Menalque wrote:I think it’s ironic GL that you’re accusing me of maybe “wanting” to TR datisi and not basing my read on her on her actual posts because I feel like that’s exactly what you’re doing with ali
I mean I think I can point to what feels like an infinite number of posts where Alisae spots and calls out things I think are worth calling out, where we share reads on a situation or a player, where I feel Alisae is doing things to push town in a useful direction. The only reason I'd have to scum read Alisae at this point is sheer paranoia that e's scumgame is
so godly
that I can never feel confident townreading em.

I really cannot say the same about Datisi and as far as I can tell the only reason you've given for the townread is 'playing to town!meta' like... what? What exactly has Datisi done that Datisi doesn't do as scum??
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Moment »

In post 924, Menalque wrote:I think umlaut being counterwagoned is probably another point in favour of scum!notscience
Who exactly is it on the Umlaut wagon that you think is scum defending notscience?

--
In post 931, Menalque wrote:I think it’s strange given your townreads that I’m not also in your townreads, yes. What’s strange about my interactions with umlaut?
What is it about my townreads that indicates to you that you would be a part of them? Be specific, please.

I didn't say that you have strange interactions with Umalut – I said that
he
has strange interactions with you. Off the top of my head, the "we all agree Menalque is town" comes to mind.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 824, Iconeum wrote:earlier scummy vibes and here 'not really liking the plan, but thinking it's solid nontheless'?
Still catching up, but I just want to clarify that I meant I don't like that NK15 claimed so early so that he could drive the executions while also not even really playing. It makes the game less fun, and I think Port Authority is more valuable hidden.
However, since he DID claim, the plan he proposed was indeed solid. I didn't (and don't) LIKE it, but it would have a pretty good chance of working.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 759, FakeGod wrote:
I am shipping...

Linen
[10] - Alisae, Maki Harukawa, GuiltyLion, Something_Smart, Not Known 15, maxwell, Menalque, Iconeum, notscience, Umlaut
Copper
[4] - Titus, NorwegianboyEE, username, Radical Rat
Wheat
[3] - Datisi, Hel, Moment

Let's Inspect...

Linen
[1] - Radical Rat
Copper
[2] - Hel, Moment
Wheat
[3] - Umlaut, NorwegianboyEE, maxwell
I know things probably changed since this VC but I want to inspect the Wheat group here, especially if Umlaut is town

VOTE TO INSPECT: Wheat
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 902, username wrote:Like, a guy who's putting to "protect the real PA" is t making a post that's like "okay everyone follow my lead"
Correct.
I didn`t want to protect the real PA. I wanted to protect the TD. There were three possibilities:
-Menalque is the PA, and Datisi is the TD. In this case, Menalque cannot claim which would cause a very bad situation. But me claiming fixes that, removes suspicion from Menalque, and allows me to eliminate anyone but these two.
-My thoughts were wrong and I get counterclaimed. In this case we have a claimed PA(finally) who can direct our lynches, and I can tell you why I did what I did. I continue to believe that outing the PA and making them choose all lynches is good, not bad.
-My thoughts were wrong and I do not get counterclaimed. In this case we have a terrible PA and probably not good chances to win anyways.
In post 917, Umlaut wrote:
In post 916, Hel wrote:What's the advantage to scum for getting shipmaster to claim? I can actually kinda believe NOt Known would take seriously, and try and provide "cover".

But if he was doing that, why try and seize complete control? Not Known, don't you think shipmaster!Menalque would counterclaim you after you do something like that which is very beneficial to scum?

UNVOTE:
If NK15 actually believed Menalque's claim was likely to be a genuine slip-up, they would know Menalque couldn't actually hard-cc them because that outs the TD as well. From that perspective grabbing control like that reads as massively scummy.
Except that counterclaiming as scum means that I will get checked, at minimum. Which means an early and free scum lynch - terrible with White Flag rules. Me getting checked isn`t so bad for town, though.
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:26 am

Post by username »

In post 912, notscience wrote:@NK15 do we have your permission to clown you?
asking your buddy for permission to bus

if you were town, you don't need his permission to shed his blood because murdering him would be righteous
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 400 character limit.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Moment »

I will concede that if Norwegian is scum that makes notscience being scum far more likely, and vice versa.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 929, notscience wrote:So your big reads you were hiding were lolposters and me for triggering the rage of someone I didn’t realize who they were (and lolposting)

Okay buddy, that’s clearly a town train of thought
Your reasoning is terrible. The reason for fakeclaiming was Menalque and their idiotic claim at the beginning.
The reason for not giving reads was to credibly fake being PA AND because I actually knew who the PA and TD were(Menalque), in case no one CC`d me(save for the unlikely case of a dumb PA not counterclaiming).
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:32 am

Post by notscience »

In post 937, username wrote:asking your buddy for permission to bus

if you were town, you don't need his permission to shed his blood because murdering him would be righteous
I had already voted him at this point and was memeing him getting the final word over everything.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 791, Hel wrote:This doesn't even have reasons attached. How can you "especially like" it?
idk I guess I just basically tried to put myself in Norwegian's eyes and see if the reads and the way he's played make sense, we've played together a lot recently and I felt his not putting myself as a townread was genuine (no effort to pocket/TMI townread me), I share the suspicion on Datisi, I liked that he's townreading Titus/Alisae. I'm not someone who needs reasons for every read especially ones I agree with or feel I understand - which is maybe a flaw in my game and perhaps I'm too hasty to TR him there, but it is what it is.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:35 am

Post by notscience »

In post 939, Not Known 15 wrote:Your reasoning is terrible. The reason for fakeclaiming was Menalque and their idiotic claim at the beginning.
The reason for not giving reads was to credibly fake being PA AND because I actually knew who the PA and TD were(Menalque), in case no one CC`d me(save for the unlikely case of a dumb PA not counterclaiming).
What are you even on?

Please point to my faulty reasoning, I’m right here bucko.

Your claim was you faked it to protect them from a meme claim on like page two of the game? And you’re acting like you did this super protown thing (didn’t you post after that claim anyways?)

I called your shit out as sketch and I was proven right.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 864, Datisi wrote:i guess i'm more interested as to why - i gave out multiple reads in the same posts, all with the same level of explanation (i.e. none), so i found it weird that you'd single out that one read as TMI and ignore/not comment on the rest
because I wasn't townreading Moment
In post 864, Datisi wrote:re 683: can you tell me why you think posts like those are bad?
what's your read on Hel? What's your read on Norway? Do you think the contradiction you're calling out makes Norway scum, or are you just posting just to post?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:37 am

Post by notscience »

In post 93, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 91, username wrote:Okay so this is a fakegod setup which means there's slim to no chance of finding a breaking strategy

I'm usually the first to object to denying tribute to the blood gods on day one but what if we no-execute and send out shipments / shipment check And work off that on day 2?

Reduces our risk of outting / killing the tomboy on day one. There's no night kill, and then we have a jumping off point tomorrow.
No. We only have 5 chances to find scum. Reducing that to 4 is not a good idea.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 914, maxwell wrote:
In post 908, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If NK15 is town then he’s misplayed hard. But i’m not really willing to take that chance.
He's literally a safe elimination (and in that sense it would be a mistake to not flip him or check him at some point) but also some of the scummiest players in the game (Datisi, Umlaut) are flocking to voting him like flies on rotting meat
heh

okay Maxwell are we town together again cause I would very much like to be town together with you again!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:42 am

Post by notscience »

Hi friends- nk claimed he fakeclaimed to protect menalque after his meme claim page 1. NK had a post after the claim prior to his fake claim and he didn’t even comment on it but felt that moved over a RVS claim that he had to protect them because “he knew who they were” like we all aren’t reading the same thread. He flat out agreed he was avoiding giving reads to give the illusion he was the pa which is literally what I called him as scum doing like 20 pages ago.

The reads he shared were all lolposters and myself for the kuribo thing which is lazy at best if he’s town but much more likely scum taking safe stances.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 943, GuiltyLion wrote:what's your read on Hel? What's your read on Norway? Do you think the contradiction you're calling out makes Norway scum, or are you just posting just to post?
also on this line of thought to - with respect to the Norway/Hel reads, why can I not find those in your posts already?? Why does it feel like I have to actually pull teeth to get any real solving from you? That's not how you've felt in any of our past games together
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 925, maxwell wrote:
In post 921, maxwell wrote:
In post 910, Something_Smart wrote:Let's see a VC before we get ahead of ourselves.

I think the best way forward here is for Icon to pick a group of 2-3 to inspect. To minimize info leak, they could maybe do it randomly, or semi-randomly (exclude an unstated pool of townreads, and randomize from among the rest), but I'm okay with either. (Of course, don't offer justification for any player's inclusion/exclusion.)
I agree with this and think Ico should play everything close to the vest from this point forward and avoid giving reads as further information only benefits scum. I think the pool should probably be come from suspicious people but if it's not sure of its reads then it can randomize the selection (excluding the TD as a possibility, obviously). Thinking on this: if the pool if 5 players and we hit tea, then we can eliminate one and check half of the remaining 4 on the next day, either we get a tea result and eliminate in that 50/50, or we don't and know we can eliminate in the other 50/50. This gives us at least 1 guaranteed scum elimination by day 4, which we need to not lose. If those 5 get cleared, that kind of sucks but we just have to hunt in the remaining pool. If we do a pool of 3 instead, we can guarantee a scum elimination by day 3 if we hit tea, if we don't, we can do another pool of 3 and hope to hit tea there and guarantee an elimination by day 4. A pool of 4 just seems like an unhappy medium now that I look at it this way. I think I might prefer the group of 5 method in this case because it gets us more information sooner but I'm willing to listen to what other people think.
Right, just realized we can pick 5 today and if we miss we can do 3 tomorrow and cross our fingers, if we can't find one scum in 9/15 players (the checks+today's vote) then we probably deserve to lose the game anyway.
This plan looks good. You should lynch me because I am definitely not the TD, and would need to be checked anyways, and leave the rest to Iconeum.
Two things you should absolutely do though:
-
On days when selecting a lynch outside of an approved group, Iconeum decides the lynch.(no tea found days)
(avoids lynching TD)
-
Refrain from posting any more votes today before Iconeum has selected the group(do not quicklynch me and kill the plan).
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 946, notscience wrote:
The reads he shared were all lolposters
and myself for the kuribo thing which is lazy at best if he’s town but much more likely scum taking safe stances.
The read on Norwegian is not related to shitposting.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”