Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Moment »

Someone once told me that the most common way that towns lose games is by focusing on the townies who do outrageous things over the silently scummy people. I think that that describes our current situation fairly well.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:54 am

Post by notscience »

Who am I missing, moment?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 951, Moment wrote:Someone once told me that the most common way that towns lose games is by focusing on the townies who do outrageous things over the silently scummy people. I think that that describes our current situation fairly well.
Yeah except that I have outed myself as Not TD which means I need to get executed(or included in the check if people want to keep me around in case I am town).
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:57 am

Post by notscience »

In post 953, Not Known 15 wrote:
in case I am town)
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:57 am

Post by username »

In post 951, Moment wrote:Someone once told me that the most common way that towns lose games is by focusing on the townies who do outrageous things over the silently scummy people. I think that that describes our current situation fairly well.

I once lost a game because GreyICE claimed miller on page one and the town let him coast to endgame

I once won a game as scum because I claimed cop with a guilty on mastina, who got lynched, flipped town, and the actual cop never counterclaimed me until endgame despite having a guilty on my partner.

Letting scum get away with outrageous things hurts a lot after the game is over.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 400 character limit.
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Hel »

VOTE: Norwee

I can definitely see a universe where NK15 believes everything he's said about fakeclaiming, I've seen people take joke claims like Menalque's at the start of the game far more seriously than they warrant before. There's a universe where he's scum who believed Menalque's claim and was trying to take advantage of it, but he probably runs the plan through the scum PT, and I'd hope there'd be at least one person there that would point out Menalque's claim was a joke and that his plan is insane.

So, probably town.
Hectic
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:58 am

Post by notscience »

Are you saying you know you aren’t? Because it looks like you are.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:01 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 954, notscience wrote:
In post 953, Not Known 15 wrote:
in case I am town)
I feel like this phrasing is perfectly understandable in context, where NK15 is volunteering himself to be checked for tea and would be recognized as worth keeping around if he's cleared in the process

this is some weak shit notscience
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Hel »

I agree with the tiger
Hectic
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Moment »

In post 952, notscience wrote:Who am I missing, moment?
My point there was less so about "you should focus on these silent people that I think are being overlooked" and more "you should stop focusing on this townie who has done something incredibly outrageous".

--
In post 955, username wrote:

I once lost a game because GreyICE claimed miller on page one and the town let him coast to endgame

I once won a game as scum because I claimed cop with a guilty on mastina, who got lynched, flipped town, and the actual cop never counterclaimed me until endgame despite having a guilty on my partner.

Letting scum get away with outrageous things hurts a lot after the game is over.
This is negativity bias. Even when of equal intensity, we have a tendency to remember negative things—our failures—much more than we do positive things. There are likely a vast majority more games that you lost by ignoring silently scummy people than games that you lost by ignoring someone doing something really notable, but you remember the notable ones more than you do the numerous losses.

I think that if you were to actually go back and check, you would find a large number of instances of what I'm talking about. I know for a fact that I personally could give many examples of times town focused on outrageous things over silently scummy people, to their own detriment.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:03 am

Post by notscience »

You’re a towel.

I disagree vehemently. I read it like five times before I posted it to make sure I read it right.

Pedit-
Okay guys that’s fine we can leave scum nk until endgame and then act all surprised Pikachu when he flips red that’s fine too
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 960, Moment wrote:"you should stop focusing on this townie who has done something incredibly outrageous"
:igmeou:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Hel »

What do you think about what I said, Azelf? Why do you think scum!NK15 makes that play?
Hectic
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:05 am

Post by username »

In post 961, notscience wrote:You’re a towel.

I disagree vehemently. I read it like five times before I posted it to make sure I read it right.

Pedit-
Okay guys that’s fine we can leave scum nk until endgame and then act all surprised Pikachu when he flips red that’s fine too

I appreciate your enthusiasm in bussing
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 400 character limit.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Moment »

In post 961, notscience wrote:You’re a towel.

Pedit-
I'm quite willing to risk looking foolish if I'm wrong. I believe my reasoning is strong regardless of the true result.

--
In post 962, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 960, Moment wrote:"you should stop focusing on this townie who has done something incredibly outrageous"
:igmeou:
Oh? Is there something you'd like to say? Yes, I think NK15 is town, if that wasn't clear.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:06 am

In post 963, Hel wrote:What do you think about what I said, Azelf? Why do you think scum!NK15 makes that play?
To spew anyone who clearly believed him as not the daughter.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:08 am

Post by notscience »

Kuribo I already know I’m going to have to lynch both scum before you realize I’m town so I’m working on it don’t worry we’ll get there at some point.

That point is postgame methinks, but I’ll get there nonetheless.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Hel »

In post 966, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 963, Hel wrote:What do you think about what I said, Azelf? Why do you think scum!NK15 makes that play?
To spew anyone who clearly believed him as not the daughter.
Oh, that's a good point actually.
Hectic
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:09 am

In post 965, Moment wrote:Oh? Is there something you'd like to say? Yes, I think NK15 is town, if that wasn't clear.
The point you're arguing is not something anyone would dispute. Obviously, if we knew NK was town, we would not be wasting time getting distracted by him. The reason he is getting attention is not because he is high-profile but because he is scummy, and so you should be explaining your reasoning for why he is not scummy, which you've mostly skipped over, instead of pushing people to focus on the quieter players when they still scumread NK.
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:10 am

Post by username »

In post 960, Moment wrote:I think that if you were to actually go back and check, you would find a large number of instances of what I'm talking about.

No, because do you know what GOOD TOWNS do to people who fake claim?

They kill the fake claimer.

Now granted I'm fairly certain I've played like a hundred games over the last thirteen years, and you could probably find one or two instances somewhere of what you're taking about.

But those don't negate that the vast majority of the time, it's scum.

And we don't let scum get away with shit like that.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Umlaut »

GL's vote on me is frustrating but his process of choosing me over maxwell is pretty transparent and looks genuine to me. I think if he wants to vote me as scum in that situation he just does it and doesn't make a show of waffling back and forth and saying I look better than maxwell does only to vote me in his next post. If this is scum acting then bravo.
In post 697, Alisae wrote:
In post 694, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Alisae, it's like you're good at scum hunting, but at some point you townread scummy individuals for something completely pointless.

Waifu upick: You no longer hard scumread scum!Bitmap because he used caps lock in an argument with you.

Fusion mafia: You townread scum!me because i called you annoying and townread you at the same time and apparently you believed "scum can't do those things."

This game: You ease your scumreading of Datisi because you found a question mark in their posts...???
wow sounds like a towntell
Actually it really does. Given that Norwegian pointed this out and not Alisae I think I buy it as one unless someone can show me a scumgame where e did similar.
In post 746, maxwell wrote: From Datisi is a bad post.

"scum may spam to hide things they don't want seen." in from titus is a very silly notion but it probably means she's town.
Disagree on both points. Re. the first, it's a reasonable thing to ask. Re. the second, I don't see how that post makes Titus town at all.
In post 747, maxwell wrote:
In post 743, Menalque wrote:I’m trying not to drown the thread too hard with my posting
You're too late for that.
What is the point of this?
In post 758, notscience wrote:I got someone lynched for saying some arbitrary phrase and I was a lyncher and I was just like “yeah that phrase is in my role pm and says there’s a scum with That I. Their role pm”

It was a good time.

Pedit
It’s okay my dude we all get that way sometimes
Something about the timing of this post bothers me. Like, Menalque and Alisae are getting into a discussion that is veering way off-topic and instead of trying to get reads from it or calm it down or bring them back to this game, notscience just sort of tries to join in here.
In post 779, Moment wrote:I think that in general scum plan things less than people think they do, but let's say that notscience did plan a push on username. If he were scum, why would he back down upon username giving his real identity? If notscience's plan was to push him for "faked anger", I don't think that the reveal of the identity would have changed anything. It makes more sense to me viewed as notscience realizing that the anger really isn't forced given the knowledge of username's true identity.
I feel like this is
In post 779, Moment wrote:Umlaut's calling this post "much better reasoned" does him no favors in my eyes, especially considering that this post is more of an assertion than a line of reasoning.
It was better reasoned than my own pretty much nonexistent reasoning.
In post 805, Hel wrote:Okay, new plan:

I am a new player and am new to mafia scum. I didn't enter the newbie queue because the players there looked intimidating. I have no meta to use and no baggage to carry. I am free with the wind.
Really don't like this post for some reason
In post 814, Hel wrote:Idk lol, but apparently I'm supposed to be deathtunneling him.
or this one; it feels like Hel is playing "maybe this vote is serious and maybe it isn't."

Disagree with Ico's read of RR on page 33; looks like RR has already responded to that though.
In post 832, Iconeum wrote:fun fact: i have 2 tabs open

1 for reading the game
and a 2nd for live interaction because i love to do that a LOT more then catching up
This is a good idea and I should do the same, given that there are at least two new pages since I started catching up.

Posting this now and continuing to read
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:11 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 945, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 914, maxwell wrote:
In post 908, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If NK15 is town then he’s misplayed hard. But i’m not really willing to take that chance.
He's literally a safe elimination (and in that sense it would be a mistake to not flip him or check him at some point) but also some of the scummiest players in the game (Datisi, Umlaut) are flocking to voting him like flies on rotting meat
heh

okay Maxwell are we town together again cause I would very much like to be town together with you again!
I sure hope so, been feeling a lot better about you since page 27 or so. Mind giving a word on ? I think an inspect pool of 5 today is the best approach, if we hit a good parlay there the game's very easy with a few solid townreads.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:11 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Umlaut - real quick, what's your history with Titus
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 961, notscience wrote:Okay guys that’s fine we can leave scum nk until endgame and then act all surprised Pikachu when he flips red that’s fine too
This is a strawman because that`s NOT what`s planned. If not lynched I would be in the group of scummy people. Anyways, if I am not the person you all want to lynch today, then Iconeum needs to direct the lynch because otherwise we could hit the TD.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”