Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1723, Kmd4390 wrote:Random
:wink:

You're not sure how I know, hunh?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

If you "knew" anything about me, you wouldn't be voting me.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Oh that explains it.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

lol
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:10 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

happy holiday everyone

looking some more, im liking a IIAU wagon less now. i really liked . i might be persuaded to vote for MT, the case in that direction looks better than i remembered it and i don't really have a sort on that slot

when was the last time agar got pressured? has anyone looked into that slot? i do'nt want to say anything strong yet, but it struck me when catching up that i don't think i've ever seen any case or pressure or even a town case on that guy, feels like an ignored spot
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:15 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1661, Blair wrote:
In post 1659, Blair wrote:{Starbuck | Reck / GC}
To elaborate on this a little: When Puppy suggested an investigator check out Starbuck, Reck and GC were the two people who sort of scoffed at that and tried to dissuade from it - then Porkens was nightkilled which sort of "Proved" Starbuck's revelation - an odd choice for scum to clear her instead of killing her if she's town. The Porkens kill pretty much guarantees she will never be investigated.
there's no way starbuck is scum in this situation, vpb either. would not put too much faith in nka tbh
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:16 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1670, Kmd4390 wrote:Cantlynchapuppy also had a post that somewhat matched something farside said about investigate roles needing to be on Starbuck/Porkens/farside. It just feels like something a Cantlynchapuppy/farside team would want to happen if scum has some sort of element that screws with investigative roles and they either thought they could get a false innocent on farside or false guilty on Porkens or Starbuck.
Like if someone flips framer or sometby
, I'm gonna be convinced Cantlynchapuppy is scum.
framer seems so off-the-wall to me that i don't think this comes from scum.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:20 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1691, Hoopla wrote:
VP Baltar
(L-2)
~ iamausername, Untrod Tripod,
Hoopla
, Morning Tweet,
Porkens
Llamarble
Auro

Auro
(L-2)
~ VP Baltar, AGar, Green Crayons,
Albert B. Rampage
farside22
Starbuck
, Blair
Green Crayons (L-8)
~
xRECKONERx

Starbuck (L-8)
~ Kmd4390

Not Voting: CantLynchAPuppy

light green = probtown

this was the vote count at the critical juncture of yesterday.

auro was actually on L-4 a few posts prior. starbuck and blair both jumped on auro to push him to L-2, then i switched and pressed a claim from auro at L-1.

given we had a long period of VPB as the leading wagon with little energy elsewhere, i suspect some scum early on the VPB's wagon. iamausername and UT make sense from this perspective. there is definitely scum on that wagon before auro jumped on - they didn't all just decide to bus him when VPB was a fine option. my intuition suggests there was some relaxed scum parked early on that the wagon; positioned opposite to farside who was the scum pushing auro. scum tend to take a mixed approach re: main wagons on D1. and VPB's wagon felt like a classic case of scum quietly expecting it to go through, with players like iamausername/UT happily parked at the base of that wagon.

vanity voter/lurker KMD, and non-voter CLAP are also suspicious. overall, i think we have a fairly inexperienced/unmeticulous scumteam, given auro's and farside's claims, so i think characters like UT/CLAP/KMD fit the profile of whimsical/detached enough to allow auro free-rein to play in his way and claim in his way unchecked.

VOTE: UT
why are llamarble/gamma and reck probtown? seems a little off to put them on the same level as vpb / starbuck, even if you have them as townreads. (reck was also on a vanity wagon) personally, if i was looking for scum on the vpb wagon, i think UT / MT / Llamarble are all on the right spots
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:21 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1709, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1706, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm gonna be honest
get him!!
post made me laugh out loud, actually did sound a little like a bark
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1724, Gammagooey wrote:@Hoopla - You know how I asked Blair for her SPICIEST scumread earlier? You're that spicy read for me. I think more likely than not you're town and I'm being paranoid, but I think you're a good enough player to pull off bussing Auro day 1 and tbf you signaled your vote switch onto Auro with literal sirens to make sure everyone would see it.
usually it takes a couple of misyeets before the hoopla-paranoia starts seeping into the game, but i understand. ol' hoopla pulling the strings behind the scenes is a natural conspiracy to gravitate towards.
In post 1724, Gammagooey wrote:You also think my slot is town, and I feel like I've been pretty open about thinking MT is the best scum option I can think of but I'm not 100% convinced of it. Given both of those things, can you point to some things that you think makes MT town that couldn't be explained post-game with a single sentence saying either 'Ha, GOTCHA Hoopla' or 'Thanks for the claim advice Hoopla'? You could be right about MT but I'm not planning on switching off of her unless you or someone else can point to reasons why her dayplay is more likely coming from town than scum here.
when players display a certain level of skill and self-awareness about what looks town and how to do it, i prefer reading these players off singular events, rather than a body of work. i don't know her well, but it's clear from other people's comments, her behaviour could go either way. people are scared to dabble with WIFOM - but with a little intuition and courage, you too can outguess the scum in intense moments - moments when their life is on the line.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1732, CantHateAPuppy wrote:why are llamarble/gamma and reck probtown? seems a little off to put them on the same level as vpb / starbuck, even if you have them as townreads. (reck was also on a vanity wagon) personally, if i was looking for scum on the vpb wagon, i think UT / MT / Llamarble are all on the right spots
llamarble's interplay with auro was very nuanced and he was a big reason for his downfall. he gets some points for that.

reck is prob-town for his softclaim-revelation.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:22 am

Post by AGar »

Yeahhhh.... no.

VOTE: kmd4390

This is scum.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Hoopla »

hmm, looks like i got no bites on the UT ticket.

KMD vs. iamausername it is then. both fine options.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: iamausername
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

ngl idg the kmd votes

explain
green shirt thursdays
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Vi »

:right:
iamausername (Y-3)
~ Blair, Untrod Tripod, Kmd4390, Hoopla
Morning Tweet (Y-5)
~
(Starbuck,)
VP Baltar, Gammagooey,
(Hoopla)

Kmd4390 (Y-5)
~ Green Crayons, AGar
Blair (Y-6)
~ iamausername
CantLynchAPuppy (Y-7)
~
(Kmd4390, Green Crayons)

Untrod Tripod (Y-7)
~
(Hoopla)

Not Yeeting:
(AGar,)
CantLynchAPuppy, xRECKONERx, Morning Tweet,
(Hoopla,)
Starbuck

-Morning Tweet has requested replacement. Please hold...

--With 13 alive, it will take 7 votes to yeet a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Monday, 13 July 2020.
(7 days left)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1738, xRECKONERx wrote:ngl idg the kmd votes

explain
^this
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1637, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1315, Morning Tweet wrote:I can confirm I struggle really hard to scumread D1 quite a lot, you just checked a game where something very interesting happened during RVS, a player was put to L-1 and nearly hammered immediately. I've been getting better at it I suppose, but this game isn't going so well in that department for me. To be honest I kind of underestimated myself, recently I have been getting scumreads more. Here's an example if you like though
Ok, so I've looked at this game and even there it does not appear you have trouble scumhunting necessarily. You link to Post 583 as proof of your indecision.

But as early as post 144viewtopic.php?p=11810992#p11810992 you're giving reads in response to someone saying you're not scumhunting enough.

Like I can possibly believe you have struggled in the past to for scum reads, but I don't really follow that as far as to say you could go an entire first day without some kind of reads of your own and then slink onto a scum counter wagon.
Guess I am never getting this answered :cry:

I'm going to strongly suggest we yeet MT unless this replacement is amazingly town. The association to Auro is incredible and everyone fracturing into their pet project without very good cases is killing momentum in this game. I could compromise maybe on IAAU, but I thought his last post was finally engaged and better.

Kmd seems like he is still behind from the Fourth, but willing to hear an actual case there as well.

It's likely there is a scum hiding in my town reads, but I'm 100% good taking a scum circling the drain today as an easy win to keep this party going!
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1737, Hoopla wrote:hmm, looks like i got no bites on the UT ticket.

KMD vs. iamausername it is then. both fine options.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: iamausername
username < UT < Kmd

You’re on the wrong wagon. :(
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1738, xRECKONERx wrote:ngl idg the kmd votes

explain
In 30+ posts, I find two original post-RVS thoughts from him (both in 1670), and both of them are pretty weak justifications for D3 scumreads that he sounds like he doesn't even believe. When he has been active, it feels like a disproportionate amount of time has been spent on what's already happened and cooled off so he can pluck the "right" opinions, and his limited focus on current happenings has been largely parroting already stated points. He's not really engaging *anything*.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

is being disengaged a scumtell?
green shirt thursdays
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1744, xRECKONERx wrote:is being disengaged a scumtell?
Is that all you took from my post?

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i'm just asking a question

he's got weak reads, and i would assume that could be a factor of being disengaged
yes his catch ups are weak but to me it sounds like someone who is just...not engaged with the game

you're right he's not engaged and his posts are trash but i dont think that necessarily means scum?
green shirt thursdays
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1741, VP Baltar wrote:I'm going to strongly suggest we yeet MT unless this replacement is amazingly town. The association to Auro is incredible and everyone fracturing into their pet project without very good cases is killing momentum in this game.
I'm spiritually on MT! Promise.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1746, xRECKONERx wrote:i'm just asking a question

he's got weak reads, and i would assume that could be a factor of being disengaged
yes his catch ups are weak but to me it sounds like someone who is just...not engaged with the game

you're right he's not engaged and his posts are trash but i dont think that necessarily means scum?
Fair.

His "disengaged" just feels very intentional. It feels moderately scummy, like he's just trying to keep the low profile that he's had thus far. There's been little shit like him trying to shut down any spec on Starbuck that felt too deliberate and too informed, for lack of a better word. But other than that, he's had milquetoast opinions, low engagement, and the times that he's been present have felt like he's posting enough to say "I have opinions here they are, don't look too deeply though they're just rehashed," but not much more. He pretty much made no effort on engaging on either Farside or Auro's runups, though I admit I believe he might have just missed D2 since it was a speedwagon? But still, to have zero engagement with any of the flipped scum is, uh, odd.

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@Blair & Green Crayons - Have any strong or at least medium townreads on anyone who's being considered for wagoning atm?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”